2009 - Montréal, QC at Place des Arts 13th Oct GIG REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS Thread

dcdeb

sighhhhhhhhhhh!!!! tonight was so exciting, i'm not sure where to start! :naughty:

we arrived at st-hubert restaurant across from place des arts at about 18h00.

there was danie, vero, claudine, suzy, mana, my niece pascale (pas on forum) , my son's gf caro28, posterofagirl, carolollipop, long, the dragon lady, cees and babspanky. (god! i hope i didn't forget anyone!)

the great part of this gig was the no queueing! we could just eat, take our time & go to the gig. babspanky & i had a few celebration drinks & she had a POUTINE!!!

after supper, we slowly made our way across the street to get to the hall.

when walking towards the hall, we noticed Sylvain Cossette was there. he is a Quebec singer, who sings in french and english. he's quite good!

when we got there, the opening act, Gary Go, had already started. he was ok, last song was good and got us in the mood for Mika. the only thing with opening act is that no matter how good they are, they are in competition with the person that follows, and are never quite appreciated.

when he was finished we waited about 20 min. for Mika to appear. i turned around and about 8 row back, there was Yann Martel, the writer that was on Tout le Monde en parle the same night as Mika was on. Christine, Sariflor, Aurelien & Closetmikafan arrived. i have to say, that meeting MFCers is just about as fun as the concert itself :naughty:

after a while, this ugly orange couch is placed on the stage, the curtains opened & there is a huge television screen in front of it.

martin, the new basist (i forget his name), ema (name of back up singer?) and cherisse sit on the couch and are watching tom & jerry cartoons and laughing. after a while, it changes to a bbc report about a rocket going into space. the reporter is Ian McKellen. as the rocket launches, something goes wrong and the mission is a failure. the ceiling is covered with planets & in the back of the stage there is an astraunaut walking. as he gets closer, he removes his suit and there appears Mika in his WAG boxers! :naughty:

he goes to the back of the stage, starts singing relax while getting dressed (i guess) he comes back on stage barefooted with a suitcase.

everybody was standing up & dancing where their seats were. i was front row & probably about 6 to 8 feet from the stage. then mika made a gesture to tell us to get closer. we all went to the front of the stage & ended up leaning against it for the night, while dancing and singing. security didn't know what to do of it! one of them stood behind my niece (who was 2nd row) and looked slightly confused! but they let us be! after all, we were just doing what mika said to do! :wink2:

Mika was full of energy, he loved it when we sang WAG to him! he looked like a kid in a candy shop! i loved One foot Boy! i'm so happy he did it!

i took a few pictures, i'll download them tomorrow. i don't think they are great, think i was too excited and moved too much.

the one bad thing about this gig is because we were so close (and this is NOT a complaint, but an observation) is that because we were so close to the stage, sometimes we couldn't hear him sing. we could only hear the music. Marie-Lune, who was in row Z said the sound was great. but from the front, it wasn't always at its best.

for the list of songs he played, see the playlist on the front page.

he had a balloon problem on Lollipop, the vents kept pushing them back on stage :naughty:

we stood around inside for a while, but this lady in charge really wanted us to leave. at one point she said she'd call security if we didn't leave lol. we slowly made our way out of there. the thing is about montreal venue is lots of them have underground parking & it's hard to know which door he will come out of. as i write this, the gang is hanging with the band & are waiting for Mika to come out.

i ended up not waiting for him to come out, my son's girlfriend had been sick for 2 weeks & she wasn't feeling good. i didn't want her to come back on her own while i stayed behind. it just wouldn't have been right. she actually remained seated during the gig!

i had a great evening. i want to do it again! and again! and again! hahaha!

i think part of the hype is meeting one another. i had such a great time with babspanky, what a nice person she is. :wub2: mana & babs pronounced my name properly!!!! :roftl:

will i do it again??? hell yes!!!! Mika! come back to Montreal!!!!:wub2:

YAY! :woot_jump:

Sounds absolutely amazing! I'm so happy you had a great time!:wub2: Glad to know that there are balloons for Lollipop...from what I heard from the Toronto gig, there weren't any...:blink:

But never mind that, you had a great time and that's what matters.:biggrin2:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sighhhhhhhhhhh!!!! tonight was so exciting, i'm not sure where to start! :naughty:

there was danie, vero, claudine, suzy, mana, my niece pascale (pas on forum) , my son's gf caro28, posterofagirl, carolollipop, long, the dragon lady, cees and babspanky. (god! i hope i didn't forget anyone!)

the great part of this gig was the no queueing! we could just eat, take our time & go to the gig. babspanky & i had a few celebration drinks & she had a POUTINE!!!

when walking towards the hall, we noticed Sylvain Cossette was there. he is a Quebec singer, who sings in french and english. he's quite good!

when we got there, the opening act, Gary Go, had already started. he was ok, last song was good and got us in the mood for Mika. the only thing with opening act is that no matter how good they are, they are in competition with the person that follows, and are never quite appreciated.

when he was finished we waited about 20 min. for Mika to appear. i turned around and about 8 row back, there was Yann Martel, the writer that was on Tout le Monde en parle the same night as Mika was on. Christine, Sariflor, Aurelien & Closetmikafan arrived. i have to say, that meeting MFCers is just about as fun as the concert itself :naughty:

after a while, this ugly orange couch is placed on the stage, the curtains opened & there is a huge television screen in front of it.

martin, the new basist (i forget his name), ema (name of back up singer?) and cherisse sit on the couch and are watching tom & jerry cartoons and laughing. after a while, it changes to a bbc report about a rocket going into space. the reporter is Ian McKellen. as the rocket launches, something goes wrong and the mission is a failure. the ceiling is covered with planets & in the back of the stage there is an astraunaut walking. as he gets closer, he removes his suit and there appears Mika in his WAG boxers! :naughty:

he goes to the back of the stage, starts singing relax while getting dressed (i guess) he comes back on stage barefooted with a suitcase.

everybody was standing up & dancing where their seats were. i was front row & probably about 6 to 8 feet from the stage. then mika made a gesture to tell us to get closer. we all went to the front of the stage & ended up leaning against it for the night, while dancing and singing. security didn't know what to do of it! one of them stood behind my niece (who was 2nd row) and looked slightly confused! but they let us be! after all, we were just doing what mika said to do! :wink2:

Mika was full of energy, he loved it when we sang WAG to him! he looked like a kid in a candy shop! i loved One foot Boy! i'm so happy he did it!

i took a few pictures, i'll download them tomorrow. i don't think they are great, think i was too excited and moved too much.

the one bad thing about this gig is because we were so close (and this is NOT a complaint, but an observation) is that because we were so close to the stage, sometimes we couldn't hear him sing. we could only hear the music. Marie-Lune, who was in row Z said the sound was great. but from the front, it wasn't always at its best.

he had a balloon problem on Lollipop, the vents kept pushing them back on stage :naughty:

we stood around inside for a while, but this lady in charge really wanted us to leave. at one point she said she'd call security if we didn't leave lol. we slowly made our way out of there. the thing is about montreal venue is lots of them have underground parking & it's hard to know which door he will come out of. as i write this, the gang is hanging with the band & are waiting for Mika to come out.

i ended up not waiting for him to come out, my son's girlfriend had been sick for 2 weeks & she wasn't feeling good. i didn't want her to come back on her own while i stayed behind. it just wouldn't have been right. she actually remained seated during the gig!

i think part of the hype is meeting one another. i had such a great time with babspanky, what a nice person she is. :wub2: mana & babs pronounced my name properly!!!! :roftl:

grazie! :wub2:...thank you! :huglove:

So it was a seated gig then?

Good that you could relax and not have to queue then:wink2:

Did you go all fangurly when he went past you on the stage?:naughty:

Now I can go to bed.

I can't wait to see One Foot Boy live! :boing:

I'm happy he does the lower vocals for the "My oh my, I think my mind has gone...etc." part :fangurl:

Someone just now, said he did for a few minutes, to sign autographs.

Okay, thanks :)

So it was a seated gig then?

Good that you could relax and not have to queue then:wink2:

Did you go all fangurly when he went past you on the stage?:naughty:

Now I can go to bed.

it was a seated gig, but i don't think anybody sat down. i turned around & looked at the balconies & everyone was standing up and dancing! it's quite amazing to see actually. the place was packed. Montreal loves Mika!

i didn't go all fangurly, not even when his toes were right in front of me :mf_rosetinted:

but i did dance and clap and sing!!!! lol i'm sure my hands will be sore in the morning

Glad you had a great time, Guy :wub2:

Do you know if Mika came out afterwards?

yes, i saw that he did come out. but i got home at about midnight... they waited quite a while! i also have to think that after a while, the metro (subway) closes & i'd have to take a cab to my car afterwards.

ok, done eating McDonalds.

I am sorry that I didn't take any videos/photos durin' the gig 'coz my seat is kind of far away from the stage (where I could barely see Mika's face lol)

And I apologize for the "not-well-taken" photos,

'coz my hand were literally frozen after almost 2 hours of wait LOL.

So, here it goes, the "Fast Meet & Greet" photos,

IMG_3962.jpg

IMG_3964.jpg

Thank you for the report Guy!! :huglove:

sooo happy u managed to see him live at last and you had such a great time!! :wub2:

can't wait 4 the European tour!! :aah:

thanks! :wub2:

thanks!! :wub2: Edited by mari62

I am sorry that I didn't take any videos/photos durin' the gig 'coz my seat is kind of far away from the stage (where I could barely see Mika's face lol)

IMG_3962.jpg.

Lucky buggers, he didn't come out after the Toronto gig. I'll have to get some money and go to another show. Perhaps I can save enough for the European tour so that I get a chance to meet him. :)

IMG_3962.jpg

IMG_3964.jpg

:swoon: Thank you for the pics!

It's so kind of him to come out and be so polite to the fans, when you know he has just got to be exhausted and ready for bed.

ok... It's 3am now and my pregnant self is exhaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuusted... and I have to go to work tomorrow...

so I'll do my report tomorrow, if you guys don't mind... I'm sorry I wish I could do it right away but me and mini baby need some rest!!!

one thing I can say is I had a FANTASTIC time and I already miss my fellow MFCers!!!

night all, I'll be back tomorrow with a report!!

IMG_3962.jpg

IMG_3964.jpg

Thanks - he looks fantastic :wub2:

loved reading your report guy!! so glad you had such a great time!

thanks daniela :flowers2:

IMG_3962.jpg

IMG_3964.jpg

cool pics! t4p

love the coat:biggrin2:

Guy! Loved your report! I'm so glad you had an awesome time :wub2:

Intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WJADfgG_PE

Intro 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/Stephanie514#p/u/16/iwKIvNkN9-s'>http://www.youtube.com/user/Stephanie514#p/u/16/iwKIvNkN9-s

This girl has almost all the videos, :yay:http://www.youtube.com/user/Stephanie514

HE :wub2:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jipicdm#p/u/4/j3a5k1EYvFg'>http://www.youtube.com/user/jipicdm#p/u/4/j3a5k1EYvFg

I see you omg :swoon:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jipicdm#p/u/2/SUQKqtIH_2I'>http://www.youtube.com/user/jipicdm#p/u/2/SUQKqtIH_2I

This person has a lot of vids as well :teehee:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jipicdm

Edited by Droopsy