Mika at RAH for Children in Need - Thursday, 12th november 2009

Naectegale

Paul McCartney to appear at BBC UK benefit for disadvantaged children

Paul McCartney is among a host of celebrities who will appear at a benefit Nov. 12 at Royal Albert Hall for the BBC's Children in Need project to help youngsters in the UK, it was announced Friday.

Also appearing will be Gary Barlow and That That, Lily Allen, Dizzee Rascal, Dame Shirley Bassey, Leona Lewis, Paolo Nutini, Mika, Snow Patrol, Cheryl Cole, Katherine Jenkins and Muse. Surprise guests are also promised.

Barlow said, "It’s fantastic to be able to kick off BBC Children in Need 2009 in such a special way. I’ve always wanted to do something like this and I can promise a night to remember, a night that will, I hope, play a small part in changing the lives of disadvantaged children across the UK."

The concert will be hosted by Radio 1’s Chris Moyles, with co-hosting duties shared by Peter Kay, Fearne Cotton, James Corden and Sir Terry Wogan.

Fans will be able to buy up to two tickets by registering for a lottery at www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey. Tickets will be allocated through a ballot that will remain open from 7.00 a.m. Oct. 16 until noon Oct. 20 UK time. Successful applicants, drawn at random, will be notified by email on Oct. 21. Ticket prices will start at £50.

The concert will also be broadcast on BBC1 and Radio 2. The show will be aired the weekend (Nov. 13-15) before the main Children in Need appeal on November 20 and be repeated at 9 p.m. Nov. 18 on BBC 3. Highlights will be presented by Kate Thornton on BBC Radio 2 at 8 p.m. Nov. 19. Appeals for donations will be made during the program.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2082-Beatles-Examiner~y2009m10d16-Paul-McCartney-to-appear-at-BBCs-Children-in-Need-benefit-in-November

Showing it on tv the same night as the Union Chapel gig!!!:sneaky2:

Frustrating!

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, never been to RAH so would love an excuse to go - and what better reason to go than seeing Mika - but can't stretch to those ticket prices at the moment so haven't applied for tix. It's not like I'm really particularly fussed about any of the other acts in the line-up either... I know it's a good cause but I'll just watch on TV.

Showing it on tv the same night as the Union Chapel gig!!!:sneaky2:

Frustrating!

Yeah but it's on on the weekend before too. :thumb_yello:

Who would wait til the Wednesday? You'd have to be a well rubbish fan to do that.

Yeah but it's on on the weekend before too. :thumb_yello:

Who would wait til the Wednesday? You'd have to be a well rubbish fan to do that.

The bleh fans might .. but not MFC'ers ... we'll have watched it 2000 times by then ... made thousands of screencaps .... and disected his performance every which way ... :wink2:

Just heard tonight, not got tickets :emot-sad: but got a very nice email from the BBC anyway.

Not got tickets for Strictly Come Dancing in Blackpool either.

Its not my day today, obviously !!

At least I got 1 out of 3 (the Radio 2 gig I went to in September !)

Anyone got a Congratulations email instead of a Commiserations one ?? :wink2:

• 3 weeks later...
So if iMMa is playing Hoxton this night, who is doing back up vocals??? Or is it Mika, alone??:blink: or with Martin??

Perhaps he'll be singing with Take That:mf_rosetinted:

PS: there were rumours about collaboration with some artists weren't there..

Edited by suzie

Yes I'm thinking maybe the collaboration? And if he needs backup singers maybe Ida and Alexander this time.

I so wish I was going to this. I love the RAH!

I'd love to see Paolo and Lily too.

In a way, I'm glad I'm not going, the urge to sing the Neighbours theme tune to Lily would be too great!:roftl::roftl::roftl: