Mika at RAH for Children in Need - Thursday, 12th november 2009

Naectegale

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika is very proud to be a part of this year's Children In Need benefit show at the Royal Albert Hall on November 12th.

Mika will be appearing as part of a stellar, eclectic line-up featuring Take That, Muse, Lily Allen, Snow Patrol, Dame Shirley Bassey and many more.

It’s a massive show and demand is going to be huge - for a chance to purchase a pair of tickets you’ll need to register your details at http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey.

Tickets will be allocated through a ballot open till noon on Tuesday 20th October. Successful applicants, drawn at random, will be notified by email on Wednesday 21st October. Tickets for the concert will start at £50.

http://www.mikasounds.com/blog/post/703/Mika_Plays_The_Royal_Albert_Hall_For_Children_In_Need

Paul McCartney to appear at BBC UK benefit for disadvantaged children

Paul McCartney is among a host of celebrities who will appear at a benefit Nov. 12 at Royal Albert Hall for the BBC's Children in Need project to help youngsters in the UK, it was announced Friday.

Also appearing will be Gary Barlow and That That, Lily Allen, Dizzee Rascal, Dame Shirley Bassey, Leona Lewis, Paolo Nutini, Mika, Snow Patrol, Cheryl Cole, Katherine Jenkins and Muse. Surprise guests are also promised.

Barlow said, "It’s fantastic to be able to kick off BBC Children in Need 2009 in such a special way. I’ve always wanted to do something like this and I can promise a night to remember, a night that will, I hope, play a small part in changing the lives of disadvantaged children across the UK."

The concert will be hosted by Radio 1’s Chris Moyles, with co-hosting duties shared by Peter Kay, Fearne Cotton, James Corden and Sir Terry Wogan.

Fans will be able to buy up to two tickets by registering for a lottery at http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey. Tickets will be allocated through a ballot that will remain open from 7.00 a.m. Oct. 16 until noon Oct. 20 UK time. Successful applicants, drawn at random, will be notified by email on Oct. 21. Ticket prices will start at £50.

The concert will also be broadcast on BBC1 and Radio 2. The show will be aired the weekend (Nov. 13-15) before the main Children in Need appeal on November 20 and be repeated at 9 p.m. Nov. 18 on BBC 3. Highlights will be presented by Kate Thornton on BBC Radio 2 at 8 p.m. Nov. 19. Appeals for donations will be made during the program.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2082-Beatles-Examiner~y2009m10d16-Paul-McCartney-to-appear-at-BBCs-Children-in-Need-benefit-in-November

Ticket Alert: Children in Need Rocks

Imagine Muse, Take That and Paul McCartney all on one small stage in London. It doesn't often happen does it? Thanks then to Gary Barlow, Lord of Pop, who has just announced details of the very first BBC Children In Need Rocks held at the Royal Albert Hall on Thursday 12 November.

Entirely a fundraising effort for the charity, curator Barlow has managed to pull together a brilliant line-up for any pop fans out there with Lily Allen, Dizzee Rascal, Dame Shirley Bassey, Leona Lewis, Paolo Nutini, Mika, Snow Patrol, Katherine Jenkins and Cheryl Cole joining the others on the line up.

Tickets start at £50 for standing and £100 for seats with all proceeds going straight to Children in Need, and as there will be a bit of a scrum for tickets, you have to register here first.

http://londonist.com/2009/10/ticket_alert_children_in_need_rocks.php

Big stars for huge charity gig

Lily Allen, Dizzee Rascal and Cheryl Cole are just some of the big name stars joining Take That for a one-off charity concert for Children in Need.

Children in Need Rocks the Royal Albert Hall has been organised by Take That's Gary Barlow and is being held on Thursday 12 November.

Leona Lewis, Mika, and Muse are also on the star-studded line-up and Radio 1 DJ Chris Moyles will help host the show.

Tickets will cost £50-135 and are being allocated in a lucky-dip-style ballot.

Gary Barlow said it was fantastic to be able to kick off 2009's Children in Need campaign in such a special way and promised some "very special surprises" on the night.

He said: "I've always wanted to do something like this and I can promise a night to remember, a night that will, I hope, play a small part in changing the lives of disadvantaged children across the UK."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_8310000/newsid_8310300/8310334.stm

Ticket Alert: Children in Need Rocks

Imagine Muse, Take That and Paul McCartney all on one small stage in London. It doesn't often happen does it? Thanks then to Gary Barlow, Lord of Pop, who has just announced details of the very first BBC Children In Need Rocks held at the Royal Albert Hall on Thursday 12 November.

Entirely a fundraising effort for the charity, curator Barlow has managed to pull together a brilliant line-up for any pop fans out there with Lily Allen, Dizzee Rascal, Dame Shirley Bassey, Leona Lewis, Paolo Nutini, Mika, Snow Patrol, Katherine Jenkins and Cheryl Cole joining the others on the line up.

Tickets start at £50 for standing and £100 for seats with all proceeds going straight to Children in Need, and as there will be a bit of a scrum for tickets, you have to register here first.

http://londonist.com/2009/10/ticket_alert_children_in_need_rocks.php

I'm confused, why on Earth does it cost more to sit down? Surely standing would cost more? They usually do...and where would you stand in the RAH? The round bit?

Okay, lemme just explain this.

Thursday 12th November- School trip.

I haven't paid yet, so OFFICIALLY I'm not going. :teehee:

Thursday 12th November- The day before my birthday.

I can go to that, or I can have a shopping spree with my best friend.

Hmm.... Well....

...She better be darn happy.

Wow.. would love to go if it was convenient... hope they put t on TV.
:wink2:

Paul McCartney to appear at BBC UK benefit for disadvantaged children

Paul McCartney is among a host of celebrities who will appear at a benefit Nov. 12 at Royal Albert Hall for the BBC's Children in Need project to help youngsters in the UK, it was announced Friday.

Also appearing will be Gary Barlow and That That, Lily Allen, Dizzee Rascal, Dame Shirley Bassey, Leona Lewis, Paolo Nutini, Mika, Snow Patrol, Cheryl Cole, Katherine Jenkins and Muse. Surprise guests are also promised.

Barlow said, "It’s fantastic to be able to kick off BBC Children in Need 2009 in such a special way. I’ve always wanted to do something like this and I can promise a night to remember, a night that will, I hope, play a small part in changing the lives of disadvantaged children across the UK."

The concert will be hosted by Radio 1’s Chris Moyles, with co-hosting duties shared by Peter Kay, Fearne Cotton, James Corden and Sir Terry Wogan.

Fans will be able to buy up to two tickets by registering for a lottery at http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey. Tickets will be allocated through a ballot that will remain open from 7.00 a.m. Oct. 16 until noon Oct. 20 UK time. Successful applicants, drawn at random, will be notified by email on Oct. 21. Ticket prices will start at £50.

The concert will also be broadcast on BBC1 and Radio 2. The show will be aired the weekend (Nov. 13-15) before the main Children in Need appeal on November 20 and be repeated at 9 p.m. Nov. 18 on BBC 3. Highlights will be presented by Kate Thornton on BBC Radio 2 at 8 p.m. Nov. 19. Appeals for donations will be made during the program.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2082-Beatles-Examiner~y2009m10d16-Paul-McCartney-to-appear-at-BBCs-Children-in-Need-benefit-in-November

Edited by robertina

It's gonna be on TV!!!! WOW! I know he won't be doing very much, probably about 2 songs, but it's great he's going to be there because he WILL be memorable.

But.... Cheryl Cole???

I hope she remembers to bring a copy of her single, or she'll have nothing to mime to!!

On second thoughts... Forget to bring your single Cheryl, then you can provide the comedy relief.

I'm confused, why on Earth does it cost more to sit down? Surely standing would cost more? They usually do...and where would you stand in the RAH? The round bit?

Having been to a couple of events at the RAH I'm guessing a £50 standing ticket would buy you a spot right at the very top (in nose bleed city) where the arches are in this photo...

RAH.jpg

To give you more of any idea of how high it is up there...

RAH1.jpg

Also guessing that the £85 Arena floor standing will be at the front - like at this Muse gig...

RAH2.jpg

I know it's for a wonderful cause but £625 for a Loggia box seat - WOW :shocked: They do offer a good view (have sat there myself) but £625 *gulp*

Good luck to all you guys that have applied, but unfortunately £170 for 2 'decent' tickets is a 'no' for me.

Having been to a couple of events at the RAH I'm guessing a £50 standing ticket would buy you a spot right at the very top (in nose bleed city) where the arches are in this photo...

RAH.jpg

To give you more of any idea of how high it is up there...

RAH1.jpg

Also guessing that the £85 Arena floor standing will be at the front - like at this Muse gig...

RAH2.jpg

I know it's for a wonderful cause but £625 for a Loggia box seat - WOW :shocked: They do offer a good view (have sat there myself) but £625 *gulp*

Good luck to all you guys that have applied, but unfortunately £170 for 2 'decent' tickets is a 'no' for me.

Thanks for the info, that's really great. Looks amazing and I'm sure it will be a night to remember. Paolo Nutini and Mika in one night? So upset I can't go but even if I only got a £50 ticket I've got to add travel and accomdation to that, plus I'm in London again just a week after for LND. Oh well.

There is a concert being arranged by Gary Barlow for Children in Need

Terry Wogan has just announced a line-up of many, including Mika. I don't know if this has been confirmed. Registration is open now.

http://www.seetickets.com/childreninneed/

The concert will also be broadcast on BBC1 and Radio 2. The show will be aired the weekend (Nov. 13-15) before the main Children in Need appeal on November 20 and be repeated at 9 p.m. Nov. 18 on BBC 3. Highlights will be presented by Kate Thornton on BBC Radio 2 at 8 p.m. Nov. 19.

Looking forward to seeing if any of the MFC can go.

Hurrah for T.V.

Edited by Ruth