Droopsy

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks, I'm so out of the loop with everything, I didn't even know.. :boxed:

what can I say..? LOOOVE the song... I'm not commenting the video.. :fisch:

I had imagined smt different, but it's not that. when was it that he turned into a dancer to be..? :fisch::teehee:

nice close up in the 1st post, droops. :thumb_yello:

I'm still blown away by this video. I'm really showing my age here, LOL, but I've concluded that it is very much in the same vein stylistically as video's from the 1980's (the New Romantics era) - groups like Ultravox ('Vienna' - very mysterious atmosphere, heavy with meaning), Duran Duran ('Hungry Like The Wolf' - I think - crazy coloured 'creature/s'), Spandau Ballet, Human League etc etc etc. The vids of those groups and others were often telling stories in a slightly oblique way - they were often, I suppose to today's eyes, quite cinematic/arty/possibly, depending upon your point of view, a bit over the top, 'artsy-fartsy'/pretentious.

I'm not saying Mika's vid is over the top or pretentious, I loved the vids in the 80's, and I think the 'Rain' vid is totally refreshing compared to the identikit music vid's that are around at the moment. It's totally beautiful - can't stop watching it!

At least I'm gonna die Happy! :lol3:

No it isn;t! You haven't even seen the best video of his yet! Just wait around 5-7 years! :mf_rosetinted:

Ha! you never saw my reaction to it last night! I almost fainted! Seriously I was dizzy for the whole night and i cried! It is beyond any words

Ok its best vid so far@!!!! Seen it? Or not yet?:aah:

Are you a happy girl then?

I know I certainly am!

I'm not the happiEST yet...I moved to my laptop now to watch it in silence! :aah:

Ha! you never saw my reaction to it last night! I almost fainted! Seriously I was dizzy for the whole night and i cried! It is beyond any words

Ok its best vid so far@!!!! Seen it? Or not yet?:aah:

So this thing dates from last night? :lmfao: I was sleeping sooo well...and was so lazy in the mo to open the MFC...just got back from rehearsals...

no, I tell you, I'm gonna make an effort and make the video I'm gonna direct for him be the BEST! And I must maintain my MFC life until then! DEFFO!

What the hell am I talking about...

Ok guys...Jumping!

*jumps off the cliff= metaphore for watching the video*

don't get me wrong but this is like the video I've been waiting for my whole life...:aah:

I'm not the happiEST yet...I moved to my laptop now to watch it in silence! :aah:

So this thing dates from last night? :lmfao: I was sleeping sooo well...and was so lazy in the mo to open the MFC...just got back from rehearsals...

no, I tell you, I'm gonna make an effort and make the video I'm gonna direct for him be the BEST! And I must maintain my MFC life until then! DEFFO!

What the hell am I talking about...

Ok guys...Jumping!

*jumps off the cliff= metaphore for watching the video*

don't get me wrong but this is like the video I've been waiting for my whole life...:aah:

From last very late night about 12am:roftl:

JUMMPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still blown away by this video. I'm really showing my age here, LOL, but I've concluded that it is very much in the same vein stylistically as video's from the 1980's (the New Romantics era) - groups like Ultravox ('Vienna' - very mysterious atmosphere, heavy with meaning), Duran Duran ('Hungry Like The Wolf' - I think - crazy coloured 'creature/s'), Spandau Ballet, Human League etc etc etc. The vids of those groups and others were often telling stories in a slightly oblique way - they were often, I suppose to today's eyes, quite cinematic/arty/possibly, depending upon your point of view, a bit over the top, 'artsy-fartsy'/pretentious.

I'm not saying Mika's vid is over the top or pretentious, I loved the vids in the 80's, and I think the 'Rain' vid is totally refreshing compared to the identikit music vid's that are around at the moment. It's totally beautiful - can't stop watching it!

I absolutely agree with you. Thanks for reminding me of Hungry Like The Wolf, it reminds me of that too.

Love Today STILL is the best video so far!

JOKING!!! :aah:

erm...I love it..no doubt is better than any other one but I have a question:

Why isn't it raining in the video? :aah:

Ok...I shouldn't be a bi*ch it's amazing, it really is and with each and every new video he does...with each and every new thing he says and shares about art/music I'm more and more influenced and determined to get behind that camera and do my thing. It's amazing...all those shots are fantastic and the mysterious air around it (my fav part is the "rapping part" visually-wards)...can I suggest this video should have a sequel? I mean that part where we see the "Missing" milk box should have a connection in a next video and him coming back, you know?

Anyway...I told you guys that this is the video I've been waiting for my whole life, just because I have a special connection with this song and moreover a secret only me and Mika share on it! (or at least his management)I won't tell you what it is...I want to keep this for me

Amazing how this man cannot stop inspiring me!