Mika And Your Family/Friends

purplegrape

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mum likes his music, artwork, looks, videos, but she ain't too keen on the fact that he's shy.

Dad likes... SOME music, hasn't expressed an opinion on his art, SOME videos... That's it. He doesn't like anything else.

My brother hates him.

And my nan thinks he's funny, but she acts homophobic and keeps calling him 'Mike'.

What does your family and friends think anout Mika?

His music

His artwork

His videos

His songs

His style

Etc?

Don't ask what you don't really wanna hear...:mf_rosetinted:

No, seriously, kids love his music, were a bit tired of listening to LICM everyday, they begged me, Mum buy the new CD, like NOOOOOOW...:roftl:

Mum was so brainwashed in the car last year, this year i bought her TBWKTM so she listens in HER own car, now...:teehee:

My husband, the poor thing, let's put it this way, is a very nahce and patient man...:lmfao:

My friends say: So that Mike, Mickey, Miko guy, do you still prefer to check his fanclub everyday instead of hanging out and going out for dinner with us, uh?:sneaky2:

:biggrin2:

My mom: sings along to Billy Brown an Big Girl and sometimes others but gets sick of him :teehee:

My dad: makes fun of him(not in a mean way) but always tries to sing Love Today and dances to WAG:naughty:

My sister: loves him

My brother: let's not go there...:sneaky2:

My friends: all seem to like him enough, and one loves him A LOT,and we obsess together:wub2:

My mom likes him, but isn't afraid to voice her opinion if she doens't like a song :lol3:

One of my brothers is becoming quite obsessed, and he's not gay :dunno:

One of my sisters hates him, or more so, annoyed by him :rolls_eyes:

And the rest of my family doesn't mind him, I guess.

Most of my family don't really like him AT all, except my nephew and his girlfriend, they like some of his songs, my eldest niece doesn't mind him and her mum thinks he's not too bad.

My mom: "The boy's cute!"

My dad: "He's gay, isn't he?"

My brother: "I kinda like one or two songs...meh...he's ok!"

Some of my cousins like Mika, while others simply loathe him...

My friends...well... comments go from "Our boy is the best! :wub2:" to "WTF, you listen to THAT?? :shocked:"

:naughty:

One of my sisters hates him, or more so, annoyed by him :rolls_eyes:

This just happened a few minutes ago:

Me: *plays Rain video*

Sister: What's that?

Me: His new video.

Sister: *comes closer to get a better look*

Me: :teehee:

Sister: I like the mirror things, but not so much his ballerina dancing.

My mom loves his songs, especially Billy Brown, Rain, and Big Girl. She also loves his personality and artwork.

My dad doesn't really like him. Always making fun of him and his music, but he's taking me to the show in Philly tomorrow so maybe he's changing his mind. :lol3:

My sister really likes the songs but is annoyed by him, because of my endless Mika-talk.

My best friend likes WAG but that's it.

About time I answer my own question, huh?

My dad: Loves him. He was a Mika fan before me. He saw GK on MTV and watched it on the computer like 100 times that day and showed me as soon as I got home from school. Then we both watched it another 100 times and the rest sorta fell into place. He bought me LICM and it as supposed to be for my birthday but he gave it to me early so he could listen to it. I keep him posted on Mika news and he bought me both dvds and the EP. I had to get TBWKTM for myself but that's only because I wanted it before Christmas. He listens to LICM and TBWKTM all the time and pops in PDP whenever he feels like it. He loves all of his videos (including the uncensored WAG which he demanded to see) and currently BIOTG...until I show him Rain when he gets home :naughty: He and I even sit together going through pictures :roftl:

My mom: She likes him but she doesn't get him. She likes the beats in the music but doesn't understand what they all mean. I think she likes his looks but she doesn't really talk about it. She's horribly sick of BIOTG cause I over played it (like that's possibe :bleh: ) but loves WAG. And it seems that she really likes Rain.

My sister: In love with him. Of course he comes second to the Jonas Brothers but I guess that's not too bad. She almost talks about him as much as I do and loves all of his stuff.

My friends: They all know I love him and most agree with a song or two that they might have accidently heard whenthey cameover or on my myspace. Butthey're not the type to go out and dig up his stuff themselves. I talk about him without them really knowingit. I quote him or work in little tid bits of info without really unsing his name so they don't get annoyed :naughty: I know they've all heard WAG tho, because of my vid. :teehee:

Amber you have one good family, Mika-wise :teehee:

My family don't mind him either, they might tease me from time to time (mom and aunt), but they don't hate him :pinkbow:

My sister likes him a lot, and her hubby as well :biggrin2:

My dad doesn't say anything even tho i've played LICM and the new cd in the car for a long time and i'm like hey! we're gonna see this guy in 2 weeks and he just doesn't say much, maybe he doesn't wanna break my heart LOL :blink::roftl:

My friends like him too...so it's going pretty well...

Amber you have one good family, Mika-wise :teehee:

I know :biggrin2:

My Mum say is a great boy

But my Dad say is a gay ¬¬´

My other family is indiferent whit he

For me is the best :wub2:

My dad says he's gay too.....but he means literally, not in a bad way or anything.

When I told him about the Gay and Night interview he said: "So, who's the boyfriend?"

-"He's not gay, he's just limitless."

"I know, I completely understand what he meant and what he said. But who's the boyfriend?"

And when he twittered that thing about cheese making him want to stroke gerbils and hug trees my dad said: "So what? Is he saying he likes to rub fuzzy sticks?"

:lmfao:

My dad: You mean that Mikey guy who is going to join a monastery? and Oh God his clothes Who lets him out in public like that.

To be fair my dad says the monastery thing about every male singer that I love. XD it's getting to be a old line.

My mom is being very patient. MY friends just humour me. All my musical tastes generally run rather.. well eclectic my friend always expect for me to have to explain my favorite things. IN Texas if it's not country or hip hop then it's gotta be explained. :sneaky2:

Your family sounds awesome! :aah:

My family think he's strange and gay.

My dad admits he's talented voice-wise, but they just think of him as a strange gay man. My sister thinks he's annoying. She only likes "Relax".

Many of my friends like him though! But also many of my friends don't like him.

I guess my friends think of him as "meh". Its kinda 50/50.

But those are just some of my friends. My other friends are MFCers, and they're on a whole different spectrum :naughty: A whhooollleee different spectrum :punk:

Okay so EVERYBODY in our family and almost our whole small town knows of our love for Mika and everything that goes with him.

Our mom: She knows we love him. She hasn't really listened to a bunch but she loves Happy Ending. When we first showed her his picture (the one on the back of the LICM booklet) she thought he was cute.

Our dad: Makes fun of him (not in a mean sort of way). He tries to sing along to Love Today because he knows that it's our favorite. Him and our uncle Keith think nothing but that he fancies other men (not being mean or anything)

Our bro: I think one time while watching A Year in Cartoon Motion he compared it to being shot.:shocked: But then again he couldn't take his eyes off the tv during the whole song of Everybody's Talkin':naughty:

Our cousin: She thinks we are obsessed.....but insisted that we sync her ipod with LICM and is in love with Happy Ending.

Our other cousin: She rolls her eyes. She went with us to Chicago Feb. 5th last year. She sat in the back of the venue but later on admitted to dancing along a little to the songs.:teehee:

They pretty much think all his art is awesome. They like how it's all hand drawn and stuff, maybe since all we do is handmade art.

Edited by Haley & Megan Meyer

What does your family and friends think anout Mika?

His music

His artwork

His videos

His songs

His style

Etc?

Actually, none of my friends or family are as into Mika as I am. They listen to his music, but they aren't crazy about it.

Well, other than my sister loving Mika dancing around in his boxers in the WAG video, but honestly, who doesn't enjoy that? :teehee:

My daughter thinks Mika is HOT/FIT/BUFF and any other teen-speak words in that vein (and, of course, she's not wrong!). She also really likes his music. Thinks his vids are cute. Came with me to see him at Sadlers and Latitude.

My older son likes Mika's music a lot too - in fact, tbh, it was through him that I first got 'introduced' to Mika as he asked for CD of LICM for his b'day last year. So, I have him to thank for my obsession now, LOL! He's currently almost non-stop playing TBWKTM on the PC or his iPod Touch. Sings along to all Mika's songs. Especially loves 'Touches You' and 'WAG' at the moment + 'Rain'. Will happily watch Mika's music vids as and when they come out. Came with me to see Mika at Sadlers and Latitude. Wanted to know why he can't come to the Hammersmith gig next Feb!

Youngest son also big fan of Mika's - will sing along to all Mika songs, wants to play TBWKTM all the time in the car (just as well, 'cos that's what he'd get even if he didn't want to listen to it!), watches Mika's vids and passes positive comments on them (eg he thinks the BIOTG's vid is 'awesome' and loves the vid for WAG). Came with me to Sadlers gig. Also wanted to know why he can't come with me to Hammersmith Apollo gig next Feb!

Husband likes Mika and his music too, came to Sadlers also and enjoyed it. Will happily listen to LICM and TBWKTM. I've obviously got him well-trained/indoctrinated :teehee: because I only knew about the i/v Mika gave on R4 a few weeks back for 'Front Row' 'cos my husband was in his car driving and heard that Mika was going to be a guest, so rang me to say 'Listen to R4 quickly, Mika's going to be on!!'

All of them,whilst liking Mika too and being 'fans' to an extent, tease me occasionally and say I'm obsessed (which of course I am....LOL :biggrin2:)