You think the next single should be TOUCHES YOU?

Sivan

Should "Touched You" be the next single?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Should "Touched You" be the next single?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YES!! It's got everything. It has a catchy tune, unusual but addictive lyrics, and quite a good range. I love that "It isn't a perfect love" bit, because that's SO MIKA, but the whole song is amazing. I think as a contrast, PUOTF could be a B-side

Once I had heard the full album, I must say, although I love WAG, I would have chosen something else as the lead single.

I really don't understand what Mika has got against GGG! I think that would have made a brilliant lead single from the album! But that's just my opinion.

But at some point, Mika just HAS to release ISY!!!!!!!

hey everyone.... im sorry but i just love this song and i REALLY thing Mika should release it (actually why am i sorry!? lol)... i know many of u also said it's their fave on the album... for me its def one of my fave... (i think with "pick up off the floor".. I see you...or...hard to choose but u know what i mean!)

ANYWAY! when i talked to Mika after the oakland gig i asked him if he will release it... his answer was MAYBE but that could be yes! or no! lmao

By the face he made i want to believe it was more towards YES :teehee:

Also the reaction of the crowed when he sang that one... DAMN people seem to love it :)

so...what you guys think?

Vote ;)

I think it has a good chance. Although, after the 2.5 first singles, maybe he should whip out a slower song? I'm on the fence about whether his Grace Kelly/WAG loving fanbase would embrace By The Time, or if they'd be alienated by it.

i love touches you , but i prefer that the next single be One Foot Boy !!!:thumb_yello:

I must say that I'm with Mana and Topsy on this one.

Personally, I LOVE Touches You, I really do. It gets me going like nothing, and I think that it's a fantastic song, both live and on record.

But......and it's quite a big but.....I can already see the critics/nasties when the song comes out saying that it's a Geor.ge Mich.ael rip.off, etc...That's just how people are, and it would be pointless to ignore the fact. I'm positive that one of the first things that people would comment on, regardless of whether they thought the song was good or bad, is the clear 'Geo.rgeMicha.eles.que' sound.

Of course the song is NOT a rip.off, heck, we can see and know that, but I do think that many haters will use that as yet another weapon to slate him.

So, in my humble opinion, he should go for something that's far more Mikasounding, if you know what I mean. One Foot Boy would be perfect, and so would one of the slower songs.

I don't think that a duet is the best idea quite yet, when he wants to get into the charts for his own name, and if he releases the Immie song all that will happen I think is that the non hardcores who want 'real Mika tracks' will be disappointed, as it's too different, and the randoms will just go and get Immogen's cd and sideline Mika's.

Soooo, after my long rambling, and having said all this, I think that "One Foot Boy" or "I See You" should be the next single :aah:

Edited by sariflor
trying to dodge the bots by breaking up the names,LOL.

Man, I am the ONLY one who voted no...:lol3:

I voted NO too!

No I don't agree, he'd get a bashing for sounding too like George Michael.

And as for I see you I personally don't think it's single material, but what do I know.

That is exactely what I was going to say. (Exept then for the bashing, being a non-english speaker I wouldn't have used the word cause I don't know it so well.)

I would love to hear Dr. John as a new single. And defo ToyBoy!:wub2::wub2:

No I don't agree, he'd get a bashing for sounding too like Geor.ge Mich.ael.

And as for I see you I personally don't think it's single material, but what do I know.

I must say that I'm with Mana and Topsy on this one.

Personally, I LOVE Touches You, I really do. It gets me going like nothing, and I think that it's a fantastic song, both live and on record.

But......and it's quite a big but.....I can already see the critics/nasties when the song comes out saying that it's a Geor.ge Mich.ael rip.off, etc...That's just how people are, and it would be pointless to ignore the fact. I'm positive that one of the first things that people would comment on, regardless of whether they thought the song was good or bad, is the clear 'Geo.rgeMicha.eles.que' sound.

Of course the song is NOT a rip.off, heck, we can see and know that, but I do think that many haters will use that as yet another weapon to slate him.

So, in my humble opinion, he should go for something that's far more Mikasounding, if you know what I mean. One Foot Boy would be perfect, and so would one of the slower songs.

I don't think that a duet is the best idea quite yet, when he wants to get into the charts for his own name, and if he releases the Immie song all that will happen I think is that the non hardcores who want 'real Mika tracks' will be disappointed, as it's too different, and the randoms will just go and get Immogen's cd and sideline Mika's.

Soooo, after my long rambling, and having said all this, I think that "One Foot Boy" or "I See You" should be the next single :aah:

Ok, so I totally missed Bab's post before I made mine :naughty:.

I guess that it just goes to show that I'm not the only one to have the same opinion :blink:

But if MIKA sounds like Elton John, Freddie Mercury, the Scissor Sisters, and George Michael, then he is quite a versatile artist (although there is a common denominator I'm realizing here now that I type this). :teehee:

Don't you suppose that he will always be compared to someone? Seems inevitable. I can already see critics saying his falsetto's remind them of the BeeGees. :naughty:

I think there are valid reasons for any of his songs to be the next single.

My personal opinion would be one of these four:

-Touches You

-By The Time

-One Foot Boy

-Good Gone Girl

Edited by Suzy

It's sad that u guys that say no...its because u think mika will get bashed for sounding like george... :( but u love it...

i know why u say that cause as sariflor says...people tend to do that...

i really wonder now what happens if he really realease it :)

i let friends from israel listen to it... nobody said it sounds like george... they all liked it a lot... (they didnt think WAG was all that amazing... :boxed:).. and mika is HUGE in Israel...

i know it would do well there as a single... (Rain is playing there on the radio all the time now! :thumb_yello:) So yeah i know what you mean about these people that might say bad things... doesnt he always have the bad critics? but he has good ones too :)

would be cool to see what really happens and than go back to this thread and read all of our commenst :biggrin2:

i just hope what ever single he release..it will do great....

my first fave one on the album was I SEE YOU.... so im good with that too :naughty:

This is so cute and this is how the rest of the world usually recognises an Englishman!:wub2:

Anyone read The Wooden Horse by Eric Williams?:wink2:

Oh wait...you're American aren't you? Ah well...same difference!:biggrin2:

Yes I think it would be a better choice too!:thumb_yello:

ME? ameriacn? :blink: Nope..... lol

if he wants to do a quiet song for the next single... i would say I SEE YOU :thumb_yello:

defenitly- yes...

I think its planned to be too, being in TTLG and all... but go figure with our boy...

I mean, the other 'quieter' ones are pick up and by the time, right? (and the beggining of DJ :roftl: )I dont know about those two as singles- I think they should remain the special album surprises, for all those fans who havnt bought the CD, but got excited over the singles, and are going to buy it... same with one foot boy... am I making sense?

its kinda like LICM's AOW or SITM or MI...

Ill just shut up now... :aah:

Sivan, it's not only because I'm afraid of the bashing, but even more cause my own opinion is that it is a GM-song. I like it, but the first time I heard it (I hadn't heard other peoples comments yet) I immediatly thought: George Michael. It's just not Mika enough in my opinion.

Sivan, it's not only because I'm afraid of the bashing, but even more cause my own opinion is that it is a GM-song. I like it, but the first time I heard it (I hadn't heard other peoples comments yet) I immediatly thought: George Michael. It's just not Mika enough in my opinion.

Hmmm ok :) I appreciate everyone's opinions :thumb_yello:

I can see where u guys are coming from...

I think he should release 'Touches You' after 'Rain' (in Japan) and 'Blame it On The Girls' all over the world as second singles. Definitely! would be the new Love Today!

And maybe Good Gone Girl after that? :biggrin2:, and then I opt for I See You :roftl:

Yeah, same here. The first time I heard it my own opinion was that it sounded A LOT like George.

Then again, I grew up as an 80's teenager and was crazy about Wh.am and GM, so it was very easy for me to spot the similarity. Maybe other people who didn't have such a strong 'GM foundation' if you know what I mean, wouldn't spot it so quickly? :blink:

It's sad that u guys that say no...its because u think mika will get bashed for sounding like george... :( but u love it...

i let friends from israel listen to it... nobody said it sounds like george... they all liked it a lot... (they didnt think WAG was all that amazing... :boxed:).. and mika is HUGE in Israel...

i know it would do well there as a single... (Rain is playing there on the radio all the time now! :thumb_yello:) So yeah i know what you mean about these people that might say bad things... doesnt he always have the bad critics? but he has good ones too :)

would be cool to see what really happens and than go back to this thread and read all of our commenst :biggrin2:

my first fave one on the album was I SEE YOU.... so im good with that too :naughty:

It will be interesting indeed!!

Yeah, same here. The first time I heard it my own opinion was that it sounded A LOT like George.

Then again, I grew up as an 80's teenager and was crazy about Wh.am and GM, so it was very easy for me to spot the similarity. Maybe other people who didn't have such a strong 'GM foundation' if you know what I mean, wouldn't spot it so quickly? :blink:

The same here! Tho I wasn't crazy about Wham and GM, just liked them.

I wouldnt say huge exactly... but yes he's big... its a pitty he isnt as big as those idiot rappers or Shakira or Gaga here for instance- but I dont think Israel liked WAG too badly (Israel is so far behiind when it comes to taste)- and thats pretty much the reason...

oh yes- hearing Rain on the radio was such a lovely surprise! I loved it! I know BIOTG played once a while back in the TelAviv radio channel that was some surprise too...

hearing him on the radio, or randomly on a music channel is always nice though, isnt it? :wub2:

that makes you and me both :wub2:

It will be interesting indeed!!

yeah... i think so too... i was born on 80 so i did hear a lot of GM... but still it wasnt the first thing that came to my mind... i didnt think Mika sounds like Freddie on Grace Kelly either.... i heard it more after hearing the critics... (maybe im not very good at that lol) or Maybe im not trying to compare mika to others... i just enjoy HIM and his songs... and like Inbar says... TOUCHES YOU is catchy... and people love that... ( i personaly dont like many of the catchy songs on the radio these days, but i think Touches you is not just another one of those... its MIKA! and he knows how to make a song special).

Its catchy with a twist! lmao (no idea what im talking about now...i just think its great!) :naughty::roftl:

ok, actually i think the NEXT single should be i see you, it would be a perfect christmas single. :wub2: but touches you should certainly be a single as well, so i voted yes. :bleh:

about the GM comparison, yeah, to me it also sounds like GM, but who cares? relax sounded like "i just died in your arms", GK sounded like queen - according to the critics, and those singles were successful, so what's the problem? there was one critic i recently read where they wrote sth along the lines that touches you sounds like a better GM song than GM himself has released in years, so imo if it gets critics like that, it can only be good. :bleh:

Edited by mellody

Exactly... that's why I said if a single, perhaps a safe choice in the US where they basically stopped playing George Michael in the 90s and now general public does not really remember him. In Europe he is still on the radio and on tv so most people would start comparing.

The same here! Tho I wasn't crazy about Wham and GM, just liked them.

I had friends who do not like GM at all yet they said right away that the song reminded them of FF... As for me, I 'hear' 3 GM songs in it:teehee: - not directly, though, so it is not 'theft'. Still, because of this, the song has an 'aftertaste' for me...

ok, actually i think the NEXT single should be i see you, it would be a perfect christmas single. :wub2:

:thumb_yello:

I think I See You has a much bigger commercial potential and it is also shows a different side of Mika that non-fans have not heard yet...Therefore, it MUST be a single.