jam session in jamel club,paris 10 november 2009!

FOUCHONNERET

Maybe we should send him some sort of get well card from the MFCers? So he knows how much we care and worry about him...all your ideas are welcome...we'd need his real mail address though...or else one MFCers could collect all the notes (through internet or real mail) and give them to him as we did with his MFC jacket thank you notes?

Really nice idea as Ingie said .. go for it:thumb_yello:

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@ lasara, haha, that's funny, his reaction about you guys cheering for cherisse! :roftl:

Thanks guys.

So really, no rest for him. I think he need to know that if a show has to be put off for another date, or postponed a bit, that his fans are going to be ok about it. If he said the Aus show was cancelled due to illness, sure I would be disappointed, but I care about him like a child and want him to get better:wub2:

don't think he should cancel it, they've been waiting for him to come there for ages now, and i think there are ppl flying there over from all over australia and new zealand, already booked their journeys and all... BUT he should just not move, or at least put the brace on his foot for the show to protect his injury!! :sneaky2:

I told him in Oakland that after we'd heard what happened, we assumed he'd to the rest of the gigs sitting at a piano. He just looked at me like I was nuts, like the idea was unthinkable, and then said "ugh, no, of course not!" while wrinkling his nose. :aah:

didn't he also say at one point that it wasn't that bad? how f*ing bad does it have to get before he starts feeling the need to change some things?! :aah: which gets me to the idea whether it might have to do with his OCD, y'know, change in the original plan and all, maybe he just has such an inner urge to stick to the plan that he can't help it. :blink:

Edited by mellody

He did the best Lady Jane I've heard. I didn't expect him to sing LJ, so seeing his set list made me instantly extra happy (well, was quite happy just to be there :wub2:) And it was so beautiful it made me almost cry, again. Happy Ending with Ida was lovely too, and acoustic (what are these called, semi acoustic? :biggrin2:) versions of Rain and Relax were SO, SO beautiful :fangurl:

The venue was really pretty, like a big living room with wall papers and different kind of chandeliers. It was the smallest gig and the lowest stage I've seen, and the audience was partying, so it was like a big house party. He did only 9 or ten songs, so it was short... You never want Mika gigs to end, sigh. :naughty:

He didn't dance much, but still, he should give his foot more rest, of course. No M&G this time, some signing and he left back to London. Cameras were not allowed, so no pics or vids from the gig. And I must say (after meeting some NYC security guys :sneaky2:) that there was an absolutely sweet security guy, who was tall and first block the view from people, but who kindly sat and let people have a good view (even he was told to stand there). It was very nice from him and I thanked him afterwards. The gig was recorded, I stood next to the cameraman and I really hope they don't show audience much... But of course I really hope to see the show later because I don't have any vids. Two guys talking (sorry, I don't know who they were, hosts or something) made him stop a couple of times and it was hilarious :biggrin2: Mika just watched them like WTF are you doing, well, okay if this makes you happy -style :roftl: They asked the audience to shout M-I-K-A and Jam sessions etc. and Mika could continue after that.

I was near Martin, and thought several times how lucky Mika and we are to have Martin there and how good he is at gigs like this :wub2: Imma was smiling all the time as usual, she is really lovely.

Lyli, thanks for your lovely pics :thumb_yello: It was so nice to meet you and other French, Italian and German fans :wub2: I met Eva again (had missed her!) and had absolutely fabulous time with her and German and Italian MFCers after the gig and was very sorry to leave and take the last train to the airport... I hope I will meet you all again :wub2:

Edit: He did 12 songs, not 9-10. Someone please correct if I'm wrong.

Edited by tiibet

Thank you tiibet for your lovely report, now I can easy imagine the whole "gig" - and I really understand what you are saying about Martin, I love him, too and appreciate his music-skill and even more his balanced temper. And I always have the feeling that he is a good friend of Mika, not only a member of his band :)

Edited by faballa

Amazing show :wub2: The stage was very close from us, it was great :teehee: and he seemed to be very happy to be here :teehee:

He sang (not in the order) Grace Kelly in french, lady jane, big girls, blue eyes, blame it on the girls, billy brown, love today, happy ending, we are golden rain and relax :mf_lustslow: It was a very acoustic show :wub2:

Here are some pics i took when he got out :wub2:

p1000442h.jpg

p1000444a.jpg

p1000446.jpg

And i'm verry happy to have met tilbet :thumb_yello: It was a real pleasure (and excuse me if my english is not very fluent, but i'm trying to improve it :biggrin2:)

thank you, Lily.....lovely pics! :fangurl:

He did the best Lady Jane I've heard. I didn't expect him to sing LJ, so seeing his set list made me instantly extra happy (well, was quite happy just to be there :wub2:) And it was so beautiful it made me almost cry, again. Happy Ending with Ida was lovely too, and acoustic (what are these called, semi acoustic? :biggrin2:) versions of Rain and Relax were SO, SO beautiful :fangurl:

The venue was really pretty, like a big living room with wall papers and different kind of chandeliers. It was the smallest gig and the lowest stage I've seen, and the audience was partying, so it was like a big house party. He did only 9 or ten songs, so it was short... You never want Mika gigs to end, sigh. :naughty:

He didn't dance much, but still, he should give his foot more rest, of course. No M&G this time, some signing and he left back to London. Cameras were not allowed, so no pics or vids from the gig. And I must say (after meeting some NYC security guys :sneaky2:) that there was an absolutely sweet security guy, who was tall and first block the view from people, but who kindly sat and let people have a good view (even he was told to stand there). It was very nice from him and I thanked him afterwards. The gig was recorded, I stood next to the cameraman and I really hope they don't show audience much... But of course I really hope to see the show later because I don't have any vids. Two guys talking (sorry, I don't know who they were, hosts or something) made him stop a couple of times and it was hilarious :biggrin2: Mika just watched them like WTF are you doing, well, okay if this makes you happy -style :roftl: They asked the audience to shout M-I-K-A and Jam sessions etc. and Mika could continue after that.

I was near Martin, and thought several times how lucky Mika and we are to have Martin there and how good he is at gigs like this :wub2: Imma was smiling all the time as usual, she is really lovely.

Lyli, thanks for your lovely pics :thumb_yello: It was so nice to meet you and other French, Italian and German fans :wub2: I met Eva again (had missed her!) and had absolutely fabulous time with her and German and Italian MFCers after the gig and was very sorry to leave and take the last train to the airport... I hope I will meet you all again :wub2:

Edit: He did 12 songs, not 9-10. Someone please correct if I'm wrong.

lovely report tiibet:wub2:

Maybe we should send him some sort of get well card from the MFCers? So he knows how much we care and worry about him...all your ideas are welcome...we'd need his real mail address though...or else one MFCers could collect all the notes (through internet or real mail) and give them to him as we did with his MFC jacket thank you notes?

very good idea:thumb_yello:

why dont you create a thread about it:wink2: that way we'll be able to organize things properly.

leator just wrote a very detailled report on the german forum... think either him or mariposa will report on here as well, so i guess you'll get the details from them - but seems like the crowd got re-organized once they were inside, plus several ppl didn't keep to the numbers system when going inside, so queuing was basically in vain. :blink: looks like no one had problems with it though, as nobody complained so far - probably because the venue was so small, so everyone had a good spot anyway. :thumb_yello: just found it interesting.

and something very funny that leator wrote about, seems like mika was stalking the crowd from his dressing room window, lol, i don't know what mika really did, but the way leator wrote about it, it sounded so funny! :lmao:

plus, seems like there were more songs than those that were already reported here... mika played more than what was on the setlist. and obviously a new version of billy brown. :blink:

and something very funny that leator wrote about, seems like mika was stalking the crowd from his dressing room window, lol, i don't know what mika really did, but the way leator wrote about it, it sounded so funny! :lmao:

that sounds so funny:roftl::roftl:

It was a pleasure to negociate tix for my MFC friends! I'm so glad you came! :blush-anim-cl:

I sent an MFCer your way on Monday as she thought she had found out about the show too late to get tickets. Thanks so much for helping everyone!

leator just wrote a very detailled report on the german forum... think either him or mariposa will report on here as well, so i guess you'll get the details from them - but seems like the crowd got re-organized once they were inside, plus several ppl didn't keep to the numbers system when going inside, so queuing was basically in vain. :blink: looks like no one had problems with it though, as nobody complained so far - probably because the venue was so small, so everyone had a good spot anyway. :thumb_yello: just found it interesting.

plus, seems like there were more songs than those that were already reported here... mika played more than what was on the setlist. and obviously a new version of billy brown. :blink:

Yes, they re-organized the crowd, it was really weird. Leator can explain it better, but he had to move because of the color of his shirt or something :blink:

Was it a new version of Billy Brown?? :biggrin2: I think BB was not on his set list, but he did it. I can't remember the order, but someone who had the set list can tell the order.

hello, just thought very funny to see Mika trying to sing FK in french : he had forgotten a part of the lyrics.

he played piano and laughed a lot at this moment.

Oh and he tried to get some drinks for us , tellind loud enoufg: Orange has plenty of money, be generous and give a drink!!!

But we didn't get anything at the end ;

Yes, they re-organized the crowd, it was really weird. Leator can explain it better, but he had to move because of the color of his shirt or something :blink:

Was it a new version of Billy Brown?? :biggrin2: I think BB was not on his set list, but he did it. I can't remember the order, but someone who had the set list can tell the order.

Sounds like the Jools Holland show, I had to stand behind the others, because my t shirt was white.

Ok, so many reports so maybe it's useless to do mine, but well... :naughty:

So I met my friend who won 2 tickets in the queue when I arrived Sorry if some people thought I skipped queue but I had to meet this person to come in the venue as I didn't have her "plus one" ticket.

So luckily, we had a very good spot, in the middle 3rd row. And I'm lucky because I'm tall so I had a perfect view !

I enjoyed a lot doing this gig next to you Lillibet :wink2:

So there was an amazing mood in that venue. The crowd was so happy to be there and wanted to party with Mika and the band, so they felt that and felt really at ease, without any pression or anything. Mika spoke a lot ! :naughty: and said that they're gonna make an acoustic set because of his foot.

They made improvisations at the end of the songs. There was a real connection with us... We could see they had a lot of fun !

For the Cherisse story : he wanted to introduce his band and when it came to Cherisse, he said something like " and her" like he didn't wanted to tell her name, so all the crowd tol "Cherisse, Cherisse, Cherisse" and she was so surprised ! so was Mika :naughty: and he said that she was getting too famous ! :biggrin2:

for the setlist, I don't have the order, but i'm sure he sang : GK in french to start with, Billy brown, SITM (with his solo troompet ! and he said about that "well people, prepare yourself to hear the most famous solo trompet of the world......or not :roftl:" ) , Rain, Relax, Lady Jane and Happy Ending with Ida... it was so fabulous :wub2:, BIOTG, Love Today and WAG.

Can't wait to see the vid from the venue !

So we waited for him after the show, and I was lucky enough to speak with him a couple of minutes (well, maybe barely one :naughty: ) about the France 2 JT and questions from the audience, so I told him one of these questions was mine and sorry if I bothered him to ask about his injury whereas they had a deal with France 2 not to show it on tv ! ) at the beginning, he didn't understand, that's why he said "What ?... Sorry ?...." so I explained again and when he get it he told "yessssssssss " !

well I had my funny moment ! :naughty:

and thanks for the vids, we can see that !

Well, it was an amazing night because of an amazing gig : it was an unusual gig experience and I'm so glad I managed to go :wub2:

I was so happy to meet back my friends and to speak with other people like Mariposa who is lovely and one polish girl. Sorry Tiibet, I think I didn't saw you...

Can't wait to do this again

Oh... and for the stalking thing ! :naughty: there was a little window upstairs from backstage with curtains. And all the Mika team was here. And sometimes, when the crowd was getting in, we could see Mika looking at the window to see the audience !! :naughty:

lillibet

i didn't know italians were at this show!

anyone i know?

:mf_rosetinted:

Yes, there were 2 italian girls, I spoke with them. But sorry, I can't remember their name...One of them was from Roma and the other from Venezia

Just dropping by to say a few words (before getting some sleep)...

Best decision ever I went to this very amazing and intimate gig! :wub2:

Loved every second of it. "Lady Jane2 was just perfect! So was "Happy ending" with Ida! Still on a height (after more then 39 hours without sleep)...I never manage to sleep after a great gig. Too much adrenaline :aah:

The atmosphere and energy in the club was probably one of the best I've experienced at a Mika gig so far. People were dancing, singing along, jumping, cheering for Mika & his band etc. non-stop :wub2:

And they thoroughly seemed to be enjoying it...

THANK YOU, lillibet for making this possible!

Btw, so lovely to seeing everyone again and meeting other Mika fans as well! :groupwave: That's one of the reasons why I love queuing! :teehee:

yes, it will be broadcasted on Orange Live Music :wink2:

but we don't know when.

Tiibet asked the camera guy yesterday, too about it and he said that it will surely be on Orange Live music plus possibly on France4 as well.

I think (if I'm not mixing up things) he said that it shouldn't take more than a few days unti it is available (?).

I'll leave you with this for today. http://twitpic.com/p4saf

Full report to follow tomorrow night...

Glad you liked this show as much as I did :wub2:

yes, it was one of the best experience ever with all these cheerings all the time...

so here is the setlist :

Grace Kelly

Lady Jane

Stuck in the middle

Blue eyes

Big girls

Happy Ending

Blame it on the girls

Rain

We are golden

Relax

and to finish with the Cherisse story, Mika said that she shoud cut her hair because she's getting too famous, like that nobody could recognize her. And at this point, the audience was booing at him :naughty: and he was like "What ? what does this mean ? what "boo boo"...!!! :roftl:

Glad you liked this show as much as I did :wub2:

yes, it was one of the best experience ever with all these cheerings all the time...

so here is the setlist :

Grace Kelly

Lady Jane

Stuck in the middle

Blue eyes

Big girls

Happy Ending

Blame it on the girls

Rain

We are golden

Relax

so was that the written setlist, and he added love today and billy brown to it? i think leator also said that lollipop was on the setlist but he didn't do it in the end... is that true?

good to hear that he actually changed something because of his foot and decided to do an acoustic gig instead of a jumping-around one... :fisch:

so was that the written setlist, and he added love today and billy brown to it? i think leator also said that lollipop was on the setlist but he didn't do it in the end... is that true?

good to hear that he actually changed something because of his foot and decided to do an acoustic gig instead of a jumping-around one... :fisch:

yes, this is the written setlist. And he added Love Today and BB. But he couldn't do more because of the venue :sneaky2:

Lollipop wasn't written on the setlist I think...

There were just the baloons but no Lollipop

yes, this is the written setlist. And he added Love Today and BB. But he couldn't do more because of the venue :sneaky2:

Lollipop wasn't written on the setlist I think...

There were just the baloons but no Lollipop

I'm pretty sure that they planned to do Lollipop, because they extra put out the garbishbins and also a lollipoptambourine.