Mika on Australian Morning TV, 23.11.09 (ft. eye patch)

mellody

found it interesting what he said about twitter... so far i'd thought when he talked about the "going to the bathroom" thing, that he meant no one would want to read if he posted that - but in this interview it sounded more to me like he got fed up of his fans telling him via twitter when they were going to the bathroom and stuff like that. this, plus his remark about no secrets being left. he said in a recent interview that he likes to keep some secrets... and from what he said now he obviously has the feeling that he has to be careful that people don't get to know him too well via twitter - if that makes any sense...

and he has a point there imo, twitter does get him a lot closer to us when he shares his feelings+thoughts about stuff on there - and i can understand if he gets the feeling that he might reveal parts of his personality by that, which he actually wants to keep to himself. :dunno:

or do i interpret that bit about the secrets totally wrong? :blink:

That's how I understood it.

Edited by Fmbm

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:teehee:

Doesn't he have a pendant that looks like that eye?

he had a brooch in the form of an eye at the mtv ema 2007, do you mean that? :blink:

apart from that, i think the eye looks like the "blue eyes" stage decoration in the US ... maybe yasmine is responsible for that. :bleh:

found it interesting what he said about twitter... so far i'd thought when he talked about the "going to the bathroom" thing, that he meant no one would want to read if he posted that - but in this interview it sounded more to me like he got fed up of his fans telling him via twitter when they were going to the bathroom and stuff like that. this, plus his remark about no secrets being left. he said in a recent interview that he likes to keep some secrets... and from what he said now he obviously has the feeling that he has to be careful that people don't get to know him too well via twitter - if that makes any sense...

and he has a point there imo, twitter does get him a lot closer to us when he shares his feelings+thoughts about stuff on there - and i can understand if he gets the feeling that he might reveal parts of his personality by that, which he actually wants to keep to himself. :dunno:

or do i interpret that bit about the secrets totally wrong? :blink:

I don't think fans are telling him that they're going to the bathroom. (But who knows...:naughty:) I think he just means that some people announce every move they make on Twitter which is pointless.

Like Perez...:naughty:

It's true that mosquitoes prefer some people's blood over other's. Luckily, my blood sucks. :yay:

Mine does too! :yay:

They love StandardToaster's blood, though. And lucky for him, his mosquito bites swell up to the size of a quarter when he gets bitten. :naughty:

"you're always living for the gig and you can get addicted to that, so it can be dangerous"

who are you telling this, mika! :roftl:

interesting to hear that even HE gets addicted to his own gigs... :naughty:

Ha! He should join the club. Or better, fund a detox support group. :aah:

Edited by lollipop_monkey

Sunrise tweeted their photo gallery from the performance:

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/b/sunrise/35230/mikavideo-galleryaustralian-tour-date-?view=photos&photo=1#

and a slightly more hilarious tweet from sunrise....

sunriseon7: @macsnorky Mika certainly wasn't miming. We don't allow it.

231109-mika-eyepatch-wide.jpg

Edited by Blue Sky

I was at Sunrise this morning, waiting outside, and although I did not get to meet Mika, I spoke a fair bit with John and his mother.

I couldn't hear any of the interview, only watch the dumb show through the window. It was about like watching him do a French interview, where the translation will be provided later.

I did not get any real eye contact this time, but would still describe the experience today as being worth the trip, and there is still a concert to come!

Speaking of which, Mika's mother took careful note of the half dozen people there this morning, and told us all that we would get to meet Mika after the concert. She was not discrimiinating beteween MFC and non-MFC.

So my magical Sydney experience continues. Walking on air with head in the clouds is about right, I think. Luckily I have Annie_M and Jericho and even DC telling me what to do next, now that my brain has gone totally blonde!

Ha! He should join the club. Or better, fund a detox support group. :aah:

detox? :shocked: we'll get enough detox when he's recording the next album, no other detox needed! :fisch::naughty:

Sunrise tweeted their photo gallery from the performance:

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/b/sunrise/35230/mikavideo-galleryaustralian-tour-date-?view=photos&photo=1#

and a slightly more hilarious tweet from sunrise....

sunriseon7: @macsnorky Mika certainly wasn't miming. We don't allow it.

t4p! :thumb_yello: and hehe at the tweet! can't believe there are still ppl accusing him of miming, do they do that because they hope to get some reaction from him, after that other thing?! :sneaky2::sneaky2:

There's been a big hoo-ha in Australia about miming recently, after they "discovered" Britney mimed her shows. Like who didn't know that????

So people are accusing everyone of it. I am sure if he didn't use so many backing tracks, if he did an acoustic performance or two, then people could never accuse him of miming. Australia doesn't know Mika that much...they don't spend a lot of time googling for awesome acoustic-ness like we do:blush-anim-cl:

Speaking of which, Mika's mother took careful note of the half dozen people there this morning, and told us all that we would get to meet Mika after the concert. She was not discrimiinating beteween MFC and non-MFC.

So my magical Sydney experience continues. Walking on air with head in the clouds is about right, I think. Luckily I have Annie_M and Jericho and even DC telling me what to do next, now that my brain has gone totally blonde!

Oh that's great news. Good luck tomorrow!

thats brilliant news!!

about the videos now that mosquito sound was hilarious:roftl:

and also love the fabric watch:biggrin2:

I was at Sunrise this morning, waiting outside, and although I did not get to meet Mika, I spoke a fair bit with John and his mother.

I couldn't hear any of the interview, only watch the dumb show through the window. It was about like watching him do a French interview, where the translation will be provided later.

I did not get any real eye contact this time, but would still describe the experience today as being worth the trip, and there is still a concert to come!

Fabby :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Thanks for the links. :biggrin2:

I just have one question though...sorry if I'm being thick, but where is the interview where he talks about Twitter, secrets, and spraying his 'bum'?? I can see the bit of interview after he sang Rain, but no mention of Twitter there :dunno:

As for the miming acccusations, I think some people find it hard to distinguish between miming, and singing live to a prerecorded backing track :naughty:. Sometimes I do wonder if these people have cotton wool stuffed in their ears that they forgot to remove.

Thanks for the links. :biggrin2:

I just have one question though...sorry if I'm being thick, but where is the interview where he talks about Twitter, secrets, and spraying his 'bum'?? I can see the bit of interview after he sang Rain, but no mention of Twitter there :dunno:

As for the miming acccusations, I think some people find it hard to distinguish between miming, and singing live to a prerecorded backing track :naughty:. Sometimes I do wonder if these people have cotton wool stuffed in their ears that they forgot to remove.

It's the second link in the first post (but I didn't see it myself at first either :teehee:)

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-morning-show/video/#fop

Just scroll down.