Let It Snow - confused ?

Angelcakes

Hiya all in Mikaland.

Not posted for a little while.

I was listening to bits of Chris Evans show tonight on Radio 2. Towards the end he announced the Good, Bad and Ugly comments for today's single release - Mika's Let It Snow !!!!!

It was obviously played earlier on (when I was at my mum's having tea), but I'm confused !

Is he releasing it ? Why can I find nothing about it here OR on mikasounds ?

Why would they have played it if he is NOT releasing it ?

General consensus was HIT ! (of course) :biggrin2:

Anyone shed any light ?

:Update:

Download from Universal Music Korea (thanks CLUEsounds!)

http://play.universalmusic.co.kr/MIKA-Let_It_Snow.zip

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hiya all in Mikaland.

Not posted for a little while.

I was listening to bits of Chris Evans show tonight on Radio 2. Towards the end he announced the Good, Bad and Ugly comments for today's single release - Mika's Let It Snow !!!!!

It was obviously played earlier on (when I was at my mum's having tea), but I'm confused !

Is he releasing it ? Why can I find nothing about it here OR on mikasounds ?

Why would they have played it if he is NOT releasing it ?

General consensus was HIT ! (of course) :biggrin2:

Anyone shed any light ?

How was the comment? Good, bad or ugly?

My mum heard this. She said that someone who said that it was 'ugly', said something like, ''Mika's just ruined Dean Martin's best song. He just keeps on singing higher and higher. He should just stick his dummy back in his mouth''.

Lovely! :blink:

I haven't heard anything about it being released as an official single, but

he's certainly sung it often enough the last few weeks -- Angelcakes,

check the Australia and Asia gig thread and you'll find links to youtube

videos of Mika singing Let It Snow there. :thumb_yello:

I haven't heard anything about it being released as an official single, but

he's certainly sung it often enough the last few weeks -- Angelcakes,

check the Australia and Asia gig thread and you'll find links to youtube

videos of Mika singing Let It Snow there. :thumb_yello:

Thanks hun - I looked at them the other week so I've seen it. I sooooo want it released to have a "proper" copy though :wub2:

Pity I missed what Chris said when he played it - I'll dig around on the Radio 2 website and see what I can find out......

This is available on the listen again feature

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00pbrrt

It is at about 1 30mins

As you will hear if you listen, it is on an Island records Christmas album. He (Chris Evans) did make it sound like it would be a single though...........a little late to release it now I would have thought:shocked::naughty:

Sounded fantastic though:mf_lustslow:

It is at about 1 30mins

As you will hear if you listen, it is on an Island records Christmas album. He (Chris Evans) did make it sound like it would be a single though...........a little late to release it now I would have thought:shocked::naughty:

FINE, He makes it sound good, release a Christmas single damnit:mf_rosetinted:

It is at about 1 30mins

thanx for that link! so it will be released on an album? fab! must admit though that i don't like this version as much as the one on the australian radio.

and wtf, does he sing

"when we finally kiss goodnight

how i long to be out in the storm"

??

how 'nice' of him, LOL! :lmfao::lmao:

thanx for that link! so it will be released on an album? fab! must admit though that i don't like this version as much as the one on the australian radio.

and wtf, does he sing

"when we finally kiss goodnight

how i long to be out in the storm"

??

how 'nice' of him, LOL! :lmfao::lmao:

I like the live-version better too! (the whole time I was thinking that I was listening to a version from a German radio studio :doh::teehee:)

You've said exactely what I was thinking too, about How I long to be out in the Storm. That's a strange sentence isn't it? He doesn't sing that in the live-one, he sings Oh how I hate to go out in the snow...

My mum heard this. She said that someone who said that it was 'ugly', said something like, ''Mika's just ruined Dean Martin's best song. He just keeps on singing higher and higher. He should just stick his dummy back in his mouth''.

Lovely! :blink:

Is there falsetto in his Let It Snow? :blink: I must have downloaded the wrong version then. :freak:

I like the live-version better too! (the whole time I was thinking that I was listening to a version from a German radio studio :doh::teehee:)

You've said exactely what I was thinking too, about How I long to be in the Storm. That's a strange sentence isn't it? He doesn't sing that in the live-one, he sings Oh how I hate to go out in the snow...

yeah, that's the original text, how i hate going out in the storm. did he just forget the lyrics again? or did they make him record it for the album although he didn't want to, and so he messed it up on purpose? i could so imagine him doing that! :naughty:

Is there falsetto in his Let It Snow? :blink: I must have downloaded the wrong version then. :freak:

My thoughts exactly. Or maybe the man just meant his singing in general (of his own songs), that they're 'too high'.:boxed:

i've come to the conclusion that the different lyrics MUST have been on purpose, i mean, it's a recording, they're doing it until they got it right, no? and he could read the lyrics from a sheet. well, maybe he just found it funny. :naughty:

Archived