MIKA and Stephen Gately Duet?

CazGirl

Should, but apparently not :roftl: The English Language is a complex one.

I guess my title is rather informal, but because I've often said that sentence like that ("they done this, they done that") I guess I've never seen anything wrong with it :blink:

We didn't like to tell you :naughty:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True their voices synchronize very well on the song but with Stephen come on this news is silly :roftl:

I just hope it isn't true, that's all :aah: Wouldn't want Mika to do a duet with any guy from a boyband... except with Robbie, but then he isn't in a boyband anymore.:naughty:(I think?:blink: The whole Take That/Robbie situation isn't exactly clear to me...)

Should, but apparently not :roftl: The English Language is a complex one.

I guess my title is rather informal, but because I've often said that sentence like that ("they done this, they done that") I guess I've never seen anything wrong with it :blink:

There's nothing informal about "Mika and Stephen done a duet", it's just incorrect :roftl:.

It should be one of these:

-do

-did

-have done

-had done (I'm a bit dubious about this one, but *if* it is correct, it should be followed by something, like "had done a duet before Stephen's death which may be bla bla")

In any case, the "done" used as it is here is just wrong :aah:, as it is when you say "they done this". It should be "they did" or "they have done".

Sorry for the correction but I'm a bit of a grammar/language freak myself :biggrin2:.

Well, the source says it all.... News of the World..:insane:

Thats exactly what I was going to say. The source isnt exactly what you'd call reliable:naughty:

They propably thought that the fact that Boyzone recorded Mika's song isnt interesting enough so they wrote about a duet.

i wonder if they got their story confused,from mika writing a song and stephen singing it to them performing a duet :wink2:

maybe they did maybe they didn't we shall all find out soon enough:wink2::thumb_yello:

Didn't Mika say he'd never do duets ?:naughty:

Mika has said a lot of things matey we do not believe them all:biggrin2::teehee: come on you should Know Mika by now:mf_rosetinted: he says one thing does another lol:roftl: bless him:wub2:

the boy cannot make his mind up lol (quite like me at times lmfao) hehehe

Or you could avoid all the grammar nonsense altogether and call the thread "Did Mika and Stephen Gately record a duet?!" :naughty: lol yeah would save a lot of contemplation & head scratching! lol

And yes, I think they must be getting their wires crossed with Gave it all Away.

??? don't know we shall see it would be nice though I liked boyzone (still do) and Stephen was a very lovely chap:wink2:

According to The News of the World :blink:

STEO'S SONG

Tragic star Stephen Gately secretly recorded a duet with MIKA before he died.

A Boyzone source told me: "Everyone is going to want to hear this song now.

Nobody knew about it at the time but his fans are going to be desperate for Mika to release it."

Hmm :boxed:

They've got their wires crossed haven't they? They mean the song that is going to be a single, that Mika wrote.

Ah Caz, the English as a second language teacher in me has to agree with previous posters and let you know that, while your colloquial spoken Essex use of "done" is accepted in your part of the world, it is incorrect in terms of the rules of English grammar. "Did" is the correct answer.

But between you and I, being brung up in another part of the world may mean I aren't going to speak the same lingo with all youse neither.:biggrin2:

My sister was bomdarding me with texts about this yesterday, saying I had to get him to release it! :-0

I told her, I don't have any sway over what he does or doesn't do, and also told her I didn't have a clue what she was on about with this!

It would be interesting to hear what he has to say about it though.

Ah Caz, the English as a second language teacher in me has to agree with previous posters and let you know that, while your colloquial spoken Essex use of "done" is accepted in your part of the world, it is incorrect in terms of the rules of English grammar. "Did" is the correct answer.

But between you and I, being brung up in another part of the world may mean I aren't going to speak the same lingo with all youse neither.:biggrin2:

The girl says one questionable verb and this is what she gets!:naughty:

One could say she's made her own bed though....:teehee:

Just kidding... I hope you know that both Cazgirl and Blue Sky!:wub2:

Sometimes it's so comforting to have the "English as a second language" to blame, that way I can get away with a lot!:biggrin2:

There's nothing informal about "Mika and Stephen done a duet", it's just incorrect :roftl:.

It should be one of these:

-do

-did

-have done

-had done (I'm a bit dubious about this one, but *if* it is correct, it should be followed by something, like "had done a duet before Stephen's death which may be bla bla")

In any case, the "done" used as it is here is just wrong :aah:, as it is when you say "they done this". It should be "they did" or "they have done".

Sorry for the correction but I'm a bit of a grammar/language freak myself :biggrin2:.

That's alright, no worries lol. Maybe not "informal" then but "common" :aah:

Oh Lord, I got to the word "brung" and was like AHH! MISTAKE! So was about to correct you (since you're correcting me :naughty:) but then I read the rest of the sentence and was...."Oh..." :aah:

Anyway, it is unfortunately the Essex in me. I will grudingly accept that I am wrong! God darn Essex! :crybaby:

I think I need speech therapy...

Oh Lord, I got to the word "brung" and was like AHH! MISTAKE! So was about to correct you (since you're correcting me :naughty:) but then I read the rest of the sentence and was...."Oh..." :aah:

Anyway, it is unfortunately the Essex in me. I will grudingly accept that I am wrong! God darn Essex! :crybaby:

I think I need speech therapy...

OMG have you seen that episode of King of Queens where carrie fixes the way she "Tollks." :lmfao:

Love that show.

Archived