The Australian Thread: Party Twenty Two

nico_collard

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the mean time... check out Live from Abbey Road, TONIGHT, 1130 pm, channel 2. Mika, Bloc Party and LaRoux are featured.

Little baby woo hoo's :thumb_yello:

yayness .. I did .. been in bed sick for the last 3 days but my hubby found it on tv and made sure I watched it to cheer me up .. what a sweetie I gots :wub2:

It seems there were quite a few of us ditching :naughty: How are you Charlie!

I'm good thanks, my fellow ditchee! Is that what you say? Goshh, I don't know :teehee:

I thought you might....perv!

btw......do I have a pic for you :das:

ja2.jpg

:doh:

Someones been stuffing his trousers.. *cough*

is that a cellphone in his pocket...?

:naughty:

:doh: trust you ro..

carca510.jpg

Greetings, Mikamites :bye:

isn't he delightful? Isn't he charming?

carca510.jpg

:teehee: hello, nicce!

i was at a party thing yesterday and i asked the DJ to play a mika song, and he didnt have!!! i was like :shocked::sneaky2: what seriously! well get some!!!

and felt grumpy all night, but we left early so that was good...how could he not have?! i hope he will get some now lol :naughty:

anyway how you all been? :)

:doh: trust you ro..

Whaaaat? :teehee:

hey guys, just got back from auckland! went to a funeral for my great uncle who was a chief for the endevour trips to teh arctic. he seem very happy in the kitchen

I saw one of these 3d tv deals in the store there and I was like

"WTF is wrong with that tv"

my mum was like "ya need the glasses its 3d"

having never ever experienced 3d before I tried them on, it looked the same, 3 identical pictures overlayed over itself, until I closed one of my eyes...then I finally saw 3d for the first time and now I feel ive been missing out on all these 3d films because I could never tell the difference!:shocked:

P.S i climbed rangitoto island, it was amazing!

pps you can thank albion hotel for this one http://www.albionhotel.co.nz/images/family.jpg ROFLMAO

Whaaaat? :teehee:

hey guys, just got back from auckland! went to a funeral for my great uncle who was a chief for the endevour trips to teh arctic. he seem very happy in the kitchen

I saw one of these 3d tv deals in the store there and I was like

"WTF is wrong with that tv"

my mum was like "ya need the glasses its 3d"

having never ever experienced 3d before I tried them on, it looked the same, 3 identical pictures overlayed over itself, until I closed one of my eyes...then I finally saw 3d for the first time and now I feel ive been missing out on all these 3d films because I could never tell the difference!:shocked:

P.S i climbed rangitoto island, it was amazing!

pps you can thank albion hotel for this one http://www.albionhotel.co.nz/images/family.jpg ROFLMAO

Rosi it'd be weird if the first time you saw 3d was through one eye. Because you can't view 3d through one eye (poor one eyed people like raffa will never experience the joy.)

"In order to see things in 3D each eye must see a slightly different picture. This is done in the real world by your eyes being spaced apart so each eye has its own slightly different view. The brain then puts the two pictures together to form one 3D image that has depth to it."

Then again you do have some people with one eye who claims its fine, but thats normally due to their brain compensating for the loss in some way. Normally it shouldn't work with one eye. Its all about depth perception and the like

Not that I'm saying you didn't see the 3d with one eye, just that it's not supposed to normally work that way

Hey peeps .. some of you know already but I'm engaged .. David proposed infront of my family today at a family lunch :wub2: yayness

:shocked: Congrats :flowers2::yay:

Rosi it'd be weird if the first time you saw 3d was through one eye. Because you can't view 3d through one eye (poor one eyed people like raffa will never experience the joy.)

"In order to see things in 3D each eye must see a slightly different picture. This is done in the real world by your eyes being spaced apart so each eye has its own slightly different view. The brain then puts the two pictures together to form one 3D image that has depth to it."

Then again you do have some people with one eye who claims its fine, but thats normally due to their brain compensating for the loss in some way. Normally it shouldn't work with one eye. Its all about depth perception and the like

Not that I'm saying you didn't see the 3d with one eye, just that it's not supposed to normally work that way

I can vouch for that - I have intermittent double vision so can see through each eye separately - either one eye or both at the same time :hypo: and unless you see both images put together you don't get any sense of 3D

That's 3D in the sense of things on a screen (2D) appearing in 3D.

In normal life I see things in 3D but without the stereo vision I can't tell where things really are, how high a step is (or even if it is a step at all and not just a change in surface) etc.

Rosi - were the glasses you tried on ones with different coloured lenses?

Me thinks the tvs are a bit different! ive never seen 3d with blue and red glasses because it requires both eyes for the red and blue halo effect!

the tvs however seem to be differnt.

Im not able to detect the depth of the 3D images with both eyes, im unable to put the two photos together to make a 3d image in my brain, however my left eye seems to do quite well with this on its own! i know, im probably some kind of freak, and I cant imagine going to watch 3d with one eye closed the whole time.

I can vouch for that - I have intermittent double vision so can see through each eye separately - either one eye or both at the same time :hypo: and unless you see both images put together you don't get any sense of 3D

That's 3D in the sense of things on a screen (2D) appearing in 3D.

In normal life I see things in 3D but without the stereo vision I can't tell where things really are, how high a step is (or even if it is a step at all and not just a change in surface) etc.

Rosi - were the glasses you tried on ones with different coloured lenses?

no they wernt coloured! they were goggles for 3d tv

like this http://mygadgetnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/sony_shutter_3d_glasses.png

I have problems with depth perception through my right eye which has astigmatism. my left eye is fine and seems to compensate!

If I see the two photos overlayed like I see when watching 3d TV its the same with the glasses but my left eye seemed to percieve depth and shaddows from the two pictures!

I know, its probably NOT what other people see during 3d but Ive come to realise ill probably never get that full effect! I was just so excied to realise what my left eye did to show some sort of image that didnt just look superimposed!

carca510.jpg

:wub2:

Hey peeps .. some of you know already but I'm engaged .. David proposed infront of my family today at a family lunch :wub2: yayness

I sent you a message this morning, burt I'll say it again... congrats to you and David!!!

Interesting...

And poor Raffa...

Me thinks the tvs are a bit different! ive never seen 3d with blue and red glasses because it requires both eyes for the red and blue halo effect!

the tvs however seem to be differnt.

Im not able to detect the depth of the 3D images with both eyes, im unable to put the two photos together to make a 3d image in my brain, however my left eye seems to do quite well with this on its own! i know, im probably some kind of freak, and I cant imagine going to watch 3d with one eye closed the whole time.

no they wernt coloured! they were goggles for 3d tv

like this http://mygadgetnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/sony_shutter_3d_glasses.png

I have problems with depth perception through my right eye which has astigmatism. my left eye is fine and seems to compensate!

If I see the two photos overlayed like I see when watching 3d TV its the same with the glasses but my left eye seemed to percieve depth and shaddows from the two pictures!

I know, its probably NOT what other people see during 3d but Ive come to realise ill probably never get that full effect! I was just so excied to realise what my left eye did to show some sort of image that didnt just look superimposed!

Let me just say - the red and green/blue glasses are crap for viewing 3d anyways - it works for me if I put the head at the exact right angle, and even then everything is either blue/green or red.

Nowadays at the cinema they use the polarised glasses - so you should try going.

I have astigmatism and never had trouble with 3d in the cinemas

is that a cellphone in his pocket...?

:naughty:

OMG! After the OMG I tend to think Eeeew :roftl:

I am loving my art course, DD is loving daycare. I am exhausted by the time I have all the kids ready and dropped off and myself to class though.

OMG! After the OMG I tend to think Eeeew :roftl:

I am loving my art course, DD is loving daycare. I am exhausted by the time I have all the kids ready and dropped off and myself to class though.

What have you done so far?

Let me just say - the red and green/blue glasses are crap for viewing 3d anyways - it works for me if I put the head at the exact right angle, and even then everything is either blue/green or red.

Nowadays at the cinema they use the polarised glasses - so you should try going.

I have astigmatism and never had trouble with 3d in the cinemas

I have astigmatism and longsited in right eye and short sighted in left eye. Ive always had a problem with depth perception and distance so Ill sometimes fall over a step that wasnt even there in the first place!

ive always seemed to have problems with 3d until I saw this tv thing and I was like OMFG!

Hi everybody!

It's Khayla if you've forgotten me after all this time away (I feel like a bad fan :sad:) and I am a Mika fan :bleh:

I am going to make a concious effort to get on here almost every lunchtime and whenever else I can. I must catch up on all the Mikaviews I've missed.

That's going to take longer than homework.

Lol like I really care about homework :D

Hi everybody!

It's Khayla if you've forgotten me after all this time away (I feel like a bad fan :sad:) and I am a Mika fan :bleh:

I am going to make a concious effort to get on here almost every lunchtime and whenever else I can. I must catch up on all the Mikaviews I've missed.

Hey Khayla! :huglove:

It's okay, pretty much everyone's being a bad Mika fan and not coming on very often... I've pretty much given up following interviews and videos...

Hi everybody!

:poke:

excuse me?...IMY! :shun:

besides being here is so much nicer than studying or doing productive things tehe :wags_finger:

stingray just lost a debate in which his excuse for not being able to cook is that he is male.

to which I replied with my great uncle (whos funeral I went to last week) who won the British empire medal for cooking on the endevour to the antarctic thrice, always with a smile and then got back and did the same for his family, he was at home in the kitchen, I also distencly remember him kicking his wife out of "his kitchen"

and man that guy could cook!

to which stingray had no reply except "..."

I WIN!! :kachinga:

Congrats. Thats so amazing for you. DO we get to see a photo of the ring? :wink2:

:shocked: Congrats :flowers2::yay:

sorry a little late but wow congratulations!!!! :yay::teehee:

Thanks everyone .. I'm sooo happy.. the ring is going to be my grandma's ring on my mum's side. Have to go and have it looked at soon so see how I go =)

stingray just lost a debate in which his excuse for not being able to cook is that he is male.

to which I replied with my great uncle (whos funeral I went to last week) who won the British empire medal for cooking on the endevour to the antarctic thrice, always with a smile and then got back and did the same for his family, he was at home in the kitchen, I also distencly remember him kicking his wife out of "his kitchen"

and man that guy could cook!

to which stingray had no reply except "..."

I WIN!! :kachinga:

:lmfao::thumb_yello:

Thanks everyone .. I'm sooo happy.. the ring is going to be my grandma's ring on my mum's side. Have to go and have it looked at soon so see how I go =)

Ooooh nice! :huglove:

Archived