The Australian Thread: Party Twenty Two

nico_collard

I've met his mum too, she is really nice and very friendly (and long-suffering too, I think)

Ooooh, how true!

*Green eyed monster sitting in the corner eating her cookies* ChocolateChipCookies_l.jpg#chocolate%20chip

Okay, you go enjoy your cookies... I'll sit here, in my pyjamas, eating krispy kreme donuts :drool:

wow wow! its even more amazing than i thought! thanks for this :thumb_yello:

Thanks Tegan those pictures are also amazing, i can see you i think but i bet you were awesome, you dont even look nervous at all i can see a big smile :aah:

his mum makes the costumes thats pretty cool, so she is always at the shows?

No probs! :thumb_yello: Awww thank you!

I was pretty lucky to get there, not only cause i wasn't sure if I was big enough but because I'd had 2 strokes about 5 months beforehand and I wasn't sure if I would have been able to dance up there for 2 minutes or so, let alone actually go to the show (my parents didn't want me to go but I was insistent that if my petition to get Mika to come back to Oz was the reason he was here, then I couldn't miss out. I would've been as teary as I was after the U2 concert).

I was pretty happy and smiley on stage, though beforehand I was freaking out cause I'm a bit shy and hate standing up in front of large groups of people. It was awesome, most of the people from MFC were front row so there was a big cheer for all of us when we got up there! If you want ot see vids, there's a few on Youtube.

Yep, she's there at pretty much every show. The woman is a saint, seriously. the amount of stuff she does is incredible.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've met his mum too, she is really nice and very friendly (and long-suffering too, I think)

What does it mean-long suffering? And if it means what I think, why would she be suffering? Shouldn't she be happy about her son's success?:teehee:

I was pretty lucky to get there, not only cause i wasn't sure if I was big enough but because I'd had 2 strokes about 5 months beforehand and I wasn't sure if I would have been able to dance up there for 2 minutes or so, let alone actually go to the show (my parents didn't want me to go but I was insistent that if my petition to get Mika to come back to Oz was the reason he was here, then I couldn't miss out. I would've been as teary as I was after the U2 concert).

I was pretty happy and smiley on stage, though beforehand I was freaking out cause I'm a bit shy and hate standing up in front of large groups of people. It was awesome, most of the people from MFC were front row so there was a big cheer for all of us when we got up there! If you want ot see vids, there's a few on Youtube.

Yep, she's there at pretty much every show. The woman is a saint, seriously. the amount of stuff she does is incredible.

I'm so glad you made it to the concert!:wub2: My guess is that if you still had been in a hospital bed you would have made someone to bring the bed and all to the venue!:naughty:

What does it mean-long suffering? And if it means what I think, why would she be suffering? Shouldn't she be happy about her son's success?:teehee:

I mean that she must have had to put up with a lot from Mika, ever since he was a child. :naughty: She must be happy about his success, but she gets left to do a lot on her own at gigs.

I mean that she must have had to put up with a lot from Mika, ever since he was a child. :naughty: She must be happy about his success, but she gets left to do a lot on her own at gigs.

Oh yes, she must have the patience and the endurance like an angel!:wink2:

I'm so glad you made it to the concert!:wub2: My guess is that if you still had been in a hospital bed you would have made someone to bring the bed and all to the venue!:naughty:

For sure! I was that desperate to go. Funnily enough, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital is only a few kilometres away from the Enmore, so it's not like it would've been a big trip.

And is it possible to fall in love with a building? I've been looking up places to stay in Bathurst with Derek, and there is the most beautiful place there... I wanna stay there but it's $270 a night, at the least... and I just found this really cool restaurant in the Blue Mountains that does murder mystery weekends... my friends really want to go to it, so maybe we'll be going to that too :wub2:

His mum goes to all his shows, as does Yasmine (one of his sisters)

really? thats cool so why does his sister go if his mum makes the costumes, does she do the makeup? (sorry i ask a lot)

Ooooh, how true!

Okay, you go enjoy your cookies... I'll sit here, in my pyjamas, eating krispy kreme donuts :drool:

No probs! :thumb_yello: Awww thank you!

wow i dont even know what to say to that, your a strong girl! i hope you have been ok, someone i know had a stroke once two people actually, it was scary i can imagine why your parents didnt want you to go, i didnt know about any petition i wish i could of helped, ah well thats what i get for being late, well i think its good that you went though because im sure it was a great happiness boost for you, you know that makes the photos have a lot more meaning i can see why your so happy, yeah i was watching some they are amazing i wish more and more to go

really? thats cool so why does his sister go if his mum makes the costumes, does she do the makeup? (sorry i ask a lot)

No, she just generally seems to help getting the stage set up, props sorted out, sometimes carrying the Gray Skelly puppet, more or less Mika's assistant, I guess.

wow i dont even know what to say to that, your a strong girl! i hope you have been ok, someone i know had a stroke once two people actually, it was scary i can imagine why your parents didnt want you to go, i didnt know about any petition i wish i could of helped, ah well thats what i get for being late, well i think its good that you went though because im sure it was a great happiness boost for you, you know that makes the photos have a lot more meaning i can see why your so happy, yeah i was watching some they are amazing i wish more and more to go

Yeah, I'm okay now. I had the two strokes almost 2 years ago and I've mostly recovered so that's good. It's only a bit of weakness on my right side and I'm not as strong as what I used to be. Good thing is, no-one really knows that I had the strokes unless I tell them.

Oh, unless you were here 2 years ago then you wouldn't have heard about the petition! I ended up putting together a petition for Australia, New Zealand and a few places in Asia cause we were feeling a bit left out cause we hadn't had a proper tour.

Hopefully we'll get at least one show with the next tour, an actual tour would be even better (and would shut some of the Aussies up cause some have been whinging about getting a tour for about 4 years!)

Yeah, I'm okay now. I had the two strokes almost 2 years ago and I've mostly recovered so that's good. It's only a bit of weakness on my right side and I'm not as strong as what I used to be. Good thing is, no-one really knows that I had the strokes unless I tell them.

Wow...Well, that sucks:aah: but at least you are better-ish now:biggrin2:

No, she just generally seems to help getting the stage set up, props sorted out, sometimes carrying the Gray Skelly puppet, more or less Mika's assistant, I guess.

Gray Skelly puppet :teehee: ohh thanks for explaining, how nice of her to help then :)

Oh, unless you were here 2 years ago then you wouldn't have heard about the petition! I ended up putting together a petition for Australia, New Zealand and a few places in Asia cause we were feeling a bit left out cause we hadn't had a proper tour.

Hopefully we'll get at least one show with the next tour, an actual tour would be even better (and would shut some of the Aussies up cause some have been whinging about getting a tour for about 4 years!)

im glad to hear your ok then, i should of came 2 years ago :aah: mika doesnt come here much, neither do other singers i know, i wonder why :teehee: we dont bite much...

Wow...Well, that sucks:aah: but at least you are better-ish now

:biggrin2:

Gray Skelly puppet :teehee: ohh thanks for explaining, how nice of her to help then :)

im glad to hear your ok then, i should of came 2 years ago :aah: mika doesnt come here much, neither do other singers i know, i wonder why :teehee: we dont bite much...

He's been 3 times that I know of... two times for concerts and once in July 2009 but I think he did a few interviews and that was it.

It would be nice if he (and other singers/bands) came more often. I tried to talk Ben Parker (one of my favourite singers who also happens to be friends with Mika's bassist Jimmy :wub2:) into coming here but he can't afford to come down here, and I'm still hanging out for Hanson to come here cause any time they've been here I couldn't afford to go :crybaby:. I'm pleased that I got to see U2 though... I travelled down to Melbourne for it even though I could've gone to the one of the Sydney shows. What really irritated me was that I managed to miss a half naked bassist at the second Sydney show :crybaby::sneaky2::aah:!

Sorry, don't mind me rambling! :blush-anim-cl:

I think - sadly - that for a lot of acts it just comes down to the cost of shipping out all the equipment and sets, etc.

But if we could persuade Mika that he doesn't really need all the sets and props (unlikely I know :naughty:), maybe an Australian tour would be on the cards :dunno:

I think - sadly - that for a lot of acts it just comes down to the cost of shipping out all the equipment and sets, etc.

But if we could persuade Mika that he doesn't really need all the sets and props (unlikely I know :naughty:), maybe an Australian tour would be on the cards :dunno:

I remember he did a bit of an acoustic gig in Salt Lake City a few years ago cause the trucks couldn't get through the snow... That's certainly a possibility!

And he didn't have too much with him props wise when he did the first show here, so if he's done it once, he can do it again!

It's wishful thinking, I know...

Actually, that reminded me... I wonder where the big girl outfits from 2007 are? Those looked awesome...

Tegan,

tumblr_ljmhwvRJtL1qzfdsjo1_500.gif

Awww yay! That is awesome! Who is that?

tumblr_ljky564IF01qdwhn6o1_400.jpg

:lmfao: Love it!

For some reason that reminds me of Ms. SuperTwat... :teehee:

tumblr_ljjmmhY7qC1qbohyco1_500.png

*dies*

Awwwwwwwww! How true! *RCS*

I hope your mental relationship with your favourite celebrity is going f**ing fantastic too! :naughty:

Darren Criss:

Did Mika break his leg?

Ooooh, right... I didn't recognise him without his Harry Potter glasses...

What makes you think that Mika broke his leg? Far as I know he hasn't but that doesn't mean a great deal...

EDIT: My opinion of Darren Criss just went up massively! Yay for liking Hanson!

^

:teehee: reheat chicken soup sounds about right

:biggrin2:

He's been 3 times that I know of... two times for concerts and once in July 2009 but I think he did a few interviews and that was it.

It would be nice if he (and other singers/bands) came more often. I tried to talk Ben Parker (one of my favourite singers who also happens to be friends with Mika's bassist Jimmy :wub2:) into coming here but he can't afford to come down here, and I'm still hanging out for Hanson to come here cause any time they've been here I couldn't afford to go :crybaby:. I'm pleased that I got to see U2 though... I travelled down to Melbourne for it even though I could've gone to the one of the Sydney shows. What really irritated me was that I managed to miss a half naked bassist at the second Sydney show :crybaby::sneaky2::aah:!

Sorry, don't mind me rambling! :blush-anim-cl:

oh i know how that feels i missed out on my favourite singer when she came her names emilie i was so upset and her concerts dont cost that much.. it still burns inside me, but how was the U2 concert ive heard it was good but that was from me listening to my brother convos with his friend :naughty: ooh but then why didnt you go to the sydney one? Melbourne is a nice place i want to go there again one day, i love all the restaurants :teehee: but yeah ive spoken to someone else i want to come and shes said that the trip is just too long and same thing cant afford it, which is pretty heartbreaking, if they wont come here than i have to go to them!!

tumblr_ljky564IF01qdwhn6o1_400.jpg

:aah:

Archived