The Australian Thread: Party Twenty Two

nico_collard

Hey peeps .. Thanks for all of your support .. I'm feeling better and my tremors are going away :thumb_yello: ...

If parents were fair dinkum about monitoring what their kids do, then don't let them buy video games that they don't approve of. Don't ruin the fun of adults who choose to play those sorts of games because you think your poor little child will turn into a serial killer after playing a violent game.

Pay attention to what your child watches or plays. Don't blame it on other people.

[/rant]

Sorry, it pisses me off when they carry on about these sorts of things. :blush-anim-cl:

As most of you know .. I'm fully into video games and stuff and I just love when walking into a games store and a kid is asking the parent to buy a m15+ game ... :blink:

hiiiii alllll this moring i saw kick ass on tv :wub2::wub2::wub2:

it was so great to see it on a big screen:blush-anim-cl:

im going to get up early tomorrow so i can see it again:naughty:

yay ...

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey peeps .. Thanks for all of your support .. I'm feeling better and my tremors are going away :thumb_yello: ...

As most of you know .. I'm fully into video games and stuff and I just love when walking into a games store and a kid is asking the parent to buy a m15+ game ... :blink:

Yay! Great to hear it's gettiung better!

I know... and they'd probably be the same parents bitching about the availability of MA rated games and such...

Hi/bye Aussies (and kiwis) :bye:

Hi/bye silver!

I've been reading the gig thread for Vienna... interesting stuff...

Let's just say that the sh!t has hit the fan :fisch:

OOoooooh i almost thought i missed my 3 year MFC anniversary!!!!

Cant believe on 8th april its been 3 frikkin years!!!! WOW. :aah: :aah:

!!! HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE !!!

Im having a alice in wonderland tea party theme today at the beach :P

Should be fun! Whats everyone else up to for easter??

Ooooh shiny! I might be able to watch the Friday one or the Sunday one... all I need to do now is work out how to run the DVD recorder through the set top box

I was watching Kerri-anne yesterday and parents groups were upset about it.

It really irritated me when they were saying about how Chloe Moretz (Hit Girl) is 10 or 11 (she's actually 12, not that it makes a huge difference) and that it's aimed at kids.

It's not aimed at kids, it's aimed at adults. First up, it's MA15+.. it means that children under 15 have to go with an adult... and just because a 15 year old can see it, doesn't mean they should.

Secondly, what happened to parents deciding what their children watch? If they don't think it's appropriate for children, then they shouldn't let children watch it. Nor is it anyone else's responsibility to stop children from watching these movies.

It really ****s me off when parents groups get involved in this sort of thing. I heard on the news that now parents groups are pissed cause the government are considering creating a R rating for video games. Currently R rated games have to be severely edited or they are banned from sale in Oz cause we don't have an R rating (which is mostly for violence).

If parents were fair dinkum about monitoring what their kids do, then don't let them buy video games that they don't approve of. Don't ruin the fun of adults who choose to play those sorts of games because you think your poor little child will turn into a serial killer after playing a violent game.

Pay attention to what your child watches or plays. Don't blame it on other people.

[/rant]

Sorry, it pisses me off when they carry on about these sorts of things. :

I agree 100%!!! Frikkin parents need to do their job properly and stop their kids from watching movies if theyre too violent for them. They are quick to blame everyone else, but its obviously their bad parenting if they let their little kids watch something thats deemed too violent. Ruins it for other who enjoy watching movies and video games that have a higher rating. This sorta thing pisses me off to the max too.

Lip-bite, anyone?

26593_1374002023061_1022105307_1101395_1808315_n.jpg

Video interview http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22654

and check out Dani's photos

Awwww cuteness :P

hiiiii alllll this moring i saw kick ass on tv

it was so great to see it on a big screen:blush-anim-cl:

im going to get up early tomorrow so i can see it again:naughty:

Sweeeet. I missed it :(

I should really look up the dates to see when it comes out to the movies.

OMG!! Tour dates for us, end of June!!

I saw that and believed it straight away cos i read it after april fools day lol!!!

My local radio station are absolute Barstids!!!! They set-up this prank 2 days before april fools, saying Lady gaga was coming to QLD to look at scenery and was popping into the station for a quick interview then going sightseeing up the coast. So there was this BIG hype for a couple of days about it. They hushed what everyone thought was Lady Gaga into the radio station, for the interview, and an interview was played on the air, then someone came out with a big sign saying APRIL FOOLS. A few hundred ppl rocked up for it, skipped school, skipped work, and it was all a prank!!!

I dont reckon its fair to set up an april fools joke 2 days beforehand april fools day.....thats just not cricket!! LOL

April Fools. :naughty:

hii allll i have not made a real post for a whlie i just wanna say hiii and to day was my frist day of the holidays :naughty: im so happy

and guess what!!!!!!

yesterday night on channel seven around 11:30-12:30 i saw the add for kick ass :wub2:omg when i saw it i screamed out mum i wanna see it:naughty: but my friend said she will take me coz mum doesn't like the sound of the movie:sneaky2: but i cant wait to see it

im going to ware my mika t-shirt and sing along to the song:wub2:

OMG CANT WAIT!!!!!

I will have to wear my Mika stuff for the movie too i reckon!!!!!

Where is everyone?!?!?! No ones been on all day :shocked:

I had an awesome day. We had the tea party today at the beach. Most of us dressed up. Passers by had quite a chuckle :biggrin2: Then we went frollicking over the rocks looking for shells. Wish the weekend lasted longer!!!!

And a Happy Easter to you all MG_226.gif

Right back at you silver!

OOoooooh i almost thought i missed my 3 year MFC anniversary!!!!

Cant believe on 8th april its been 3 frikkin years!!!! WOW. :aah: :aah:

!!! HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE !!!

Wow! I do 3 years this year... in May actually!

Happy Easter to you too!

I agree 100%!!! Frikkin parents need to do their job properly and stop their kids from watching movies if theyre too violent for them. They are quick to blame everyone else, but its obviously their bad parenting if they let their little kids watch something thats deemed too violent. Ruins it for other who enjoy watching movies and video games that have a higher rating. This sorta thing pisses me off to the max too.

Exactly right... It's all really up to the parents.

My parents didn't exactly have a problem with us watching stuff like Rocky Horror and Conan the Destroyer, but then again we watched a variety of things. If mum and dad said no to watching a movie, we didn't get to watch it. I don't get how parents think it's so hard to say no, but then again I'm not a parent myself :dunno:

I had an awesome day. We had the tea party today at the beach. Most of us dressed up. Passers by had quite a chuckle :biggrin2: Then we went frollicking over the rocks looking for shells. Wish the weekend lasted longer!!!!

I was at a family gathering all day... and I went to church at 9am...

I spent today studying and don't get my easter eggs till tomorrow when my family get back from camping (a day I'll spend studying as well :naughty:)

I hate this assignment eating up my one week off.

On a different note, just watched the new ep of doctor who. New Tardis and new doctor take getting used to but I like it I think. I'll like the new doctor when I get used to him most likely - I just miss Tennant as the Doctor

Yup he sure was ... :wub2::naughty:

Good stuff!

btw everyone .. just looking at the iTunes store and the kick ass soundtrack is avaliable .. there's a conversation between Matthew Vaughn & Mika and the kick ass song :thumb_yello:

Oooooh nice!

I have a little Easter pic here for the KISS fans... and I'll just warn you now... if you are affected by flashing stuff, you might not wanna look...

Funny_Easter_comments5.gif

I spent today studying and don't get my easter eggs till tomorrow when my family get back from camping (a day I'll spend studying as well :naughty:)

I hate this assignment eating up my one week off.

On a different note, just watched the new ep of doctor who. New Tardis and new doctor take getting used to but I like it I think. I'll like the new doctor when I get used to him most likely - I just miss Tennant as the Doctor

Tennant was a great Doctor :wub2:

btw everyone .. just looking at the iTunes store and the kick ass soundtrack is avaliable .. there's a conversation between Matthew Vaughn & Mika and the kick ass song :thumb_yello:

Apparently this is a 30 minute interview/chat and worth getting :thumb_yello:

awww:wub2: that sound like alot of fun :wink2: hope you had a happy easter

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!!!!

:biggrin2::thumb_yello::naughty: Hope the bunny was good to you all ...

happy easter to you too

yepp i got lots of choclate....but i think ill save it:wink2:

it may be very hard for me :wink2:

If I forgot to say it yesterday - Happy Easter everyone.

I feel as if my mind is going thanks to the assignment I'm working on. The good news, most of my research is almost done (there'll be bits and pieces I'll have to do as writing to find appropriate hyperlinks, but it won't be as full on as this Easter Weekend was)

Once I start writing the damn thing I'm sure feel less stressed about it. And I'll start doing that tomorrow, by starting to draft it in dot point form.

Well i just got back from what was a freaking wicked nerdy weekend!

i met up with kaylah (aka Lollipop_girl) we walked around, stalked people, had photos taken with playboy bunnies, pedo bear, V and the most amazingly cute looking joker who was so in character he started to hurt my shoulder!

picture.php?albumid=611&pictureid=6297

so...now ive met khayla and Ive met charlie but they havent met eachother! CHARLIEEEE!! WE have to meet up soon!

Archived