What as your favourite Mika "era:  

162 members have voted

1. 1. What as your favourite Mika "era:

• 2010 (yes a tad early for sure)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this answer will sound odd, sorry :(

2007- coz it helped me get through so much in so many small ways. it was just so out there and different. really matched everything i felt, i was doing some pretty intense studying and it was a kind of pick me up. i also discovered this place, and found other like- wise people... you guys! and of course, freddie :wub2::roftl:

2008- erm, i gotta admit. i started to turn away:blush-anim-cl:. don't hate me! i dunno, i just stopped listening to the album. but when it was on the radio, i listened to it of course! but i wasn't on here much/ if at all. and i wasn't so 'mika mika mika' all the time, maybe every now and then

but then last year? 2009? it kinda started all over again. in the summer, radio 2 started playing mika and 'blue eyes' a lot. the first time i heard it i was a bit, 'hey that's mika?' and then came back here to see what was going on, then his album came out. and the rest i guess is history!!

so in short summary if you can't be asked to read that long and boring cr@p above, 2007 and 2009 were the best years :)

xx

Awwwwww PM me if you want to learn tis quite easy :thumb_yello:

I added 2006 .. some MFCers were there .. incredible :shocked: and 2010

I smiled at the 2006 option and wondered just how many MFCr's were actually there??

I still wish I'd been that little bit quicker off the mark but how could we have known he was such a sweetie and so approachable etc?

I joined in January 2007 so only just missed out on being a 2006er.....but would love to have been around the buzz back then. Sigh....

It's 2007 for me all the way....I would be thrilled if the "luck/magic" of that year could be matched or even beaten but it would take ALOT!!!

I got to be in the Big Girl video, appear on the Channel 4 Vodaphone documentary, be there on the opening night of the Art Exhibition (not at the party though I got a postumous invite the next morning...grrrrrrrrrrr!!), win tickets to Radio 1's Big Weekend and got to see him at 4 gigs and above all, meet him, his family and friends and was generally allowed to feel part of things which was amazing.

I :wub2: 2007

Having said that....2009 wasn't bad either! :naughty:

2nd row for Sadler's Wells :mf_lustslow: The near miss with the fish and chips at Blackpool...what a night! :roftl:

That was tricky... In some ways, nothing will ever compare to the first sight (2007)

And I was lucky enough to see him 3 times in 2008 including the secret gig where I got my photo.

But 2009 saw the new album and included both my trip to Amsterdam and Blackpool, both of which were a-ma-zing, so I've gone for that.

Who knows what 2010 holds?

Nothing comapres with my revelation of Mika music thanks to my daughter Keti. And suddenly I feell in love with it/him LOL!

The year 2008 lasted in the intensive following and stalking MFC, without being a member. Listening to his music....Imagining Mika gig and Mika himself.

I've also had very hard times when something about him deeply disturbed me, even I didn't know why:boxed:

I was egarly expected his blogs and tweets in 2009 and launching the new album. Was very sad at the same time knowing he won't come to my country.

I can't say whether I prefer LICM or TBWKTM, but LICM will always have so special place in my life and memory, that's for sure.

And now, in 2010, I'll be attending my first Mika gig in Berlin and I became the member of MFC yesterday. :wub2::wink2:

I'd have to say 2007, as coming in at the beginning of the year, just as he was starting to make his name, was very exciting.

And following him throughout the year, one way or another, was just amazing!

I had trouble deciding how to word this question, but I feel its pretty straightforward. When did you enjoy being a fan most? During which year did you most enjoy reading blogs, learning about him, and soaking in every Mika tidbit you could find?

2007: when LICM singles were released...the very beginning!

2008: circa Parc des Princes

2009: TBWKTM all the way!

I chose 2008, I guess its because I have this weird stigma around artists I like getting to popular, the least media "buzz" was around him at this point in time. Plus I loved watching how the Paris show was put together!

2007, obviously :mf_rosetinted: when I listened on ALLMUSIC "Grace Kelly".

Archived