Favorite Mika Era

forevermika

What as your favourite Mika "era:  

162 members have voted

1. 1. What as your favourite Mika "era:

• 2010 (yes a tad early for sure)

I had trouble deciding how to word this question, but I feel its pretty straightforward. When did you enjoy being a fan most? During which year did you most enjoy reading blogs, learning about him, and soaking in every Mika tidbit you could find?

2007: when LICM singles were released...the very beginning!

2008: circa Parc des Princes

2009: TBWKTM all the way!

I chose 2008, I guess its because I have this weird stigma around artists I like getting to popular, the least media "buzz" was around him at this point in time. Plus I loved watching how the Paris show was put together!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had trouble deciding how to word this question, but I feel its pretty straightforward. When did you enjoy being a fan most? During which year did you most enjoy reading blogs, learning about him, and soaking in every Mika tidbit you could find?

2007: when LICM singles were released...the very beginning!

2008: circa Parc des Princes

2009: TBWKTM all the way!

I chose 2008, I guess its because I have this weird stigma around artists I like getting to popular, the least media "buzz" was around him at this point in time. Plus I loved watching how the Paris show was put together!

Well, I didn't get to hear about Mika until about April of 2007, when I heard Love Today. I joined the MFC in September that year.

So for me, I'd have to say, from early 2009 when we saw the vlogs for the new album, then got the SFS EP and heard WAG for the first time, and later the whole new album.

I also got to meet Mika for the 2nd time at Blackpool. So, up to now, 2009 has been the best time for me.

But we'll see what 2010 will bring.

Hmm...I'm gonna have to choose 2008 for now. I haven't been to a concert yet and if I do go this year I'm sure that will change my mind, but for now I like 2008.

That was the year Mika really found himself as a performer and began to make a statement in his shows and music and artwork :wub2: It was a good time for him. And therefore me :wub2:

i guess 2009... the sfs tour, all those tiny little gigs, and that fab new album! :biggrin2: plus, he's so more open in interviews now than he used to be, also like that a lot. :wub2:

but reeeally looking forward to 2010, i have a feeling that it might beat all the others. :bleh:

i guess 2009... the sfs tour, all those tiny little gigs, and that fab new album! :biggrin2: plus, he's so more open in interviews now than he used to be, also like that a lot. :wub2:

but reeeally looking forward to 2010, i have a feeling that it might beat all the others. :bleh:

I feel exactly the same :thumb_yello: 2007 was fun of course, all new and fresh, especially discovering MFC. 2008 was a low for me so that's why 2009 has to be the best so far. To finally get some news again after that period of close to nothing, him appearing everywhere again, the new album, the shows and stuff I got to attend and even better I met some AMAZING people in 2009! :thumb_yello:

I'd say 2007 was the Mika year for me :naughty:

Definitely. Everything was more intimate back then. I mean...less crazy fans, less fuss about him in the media.

Don't shout me off, I'm very happy for him.

I know that it's good for everyone that he's getting more&more famous....but...still I miss 2007. :thumb_yello:

For me, it was 2009 - specifically April through July 2009, when he was first coming back into the public eye again.

The Roxy gig was just magic - who'da thunk he'd be doing intimate gigs again after PDP? And July was great because of the release of WAG, which we'd waited so long for.

But for me, the "era" around the acoustic tour was the best of the best. That tour was magical, shiny, charmed, and covered in fairy dust. I wish I could re-live it. :wub2:

Definitely. Everything was more intimate back then. I mean...less crazy fans, less fuss about him in the media.

Don't shout me off, I'm very happy for him.

I know that it's good for everyone that he's getting more&more famous....but...still I miss 2007. :thumb_yello:

Intimate - that's the word. More open and less complicated, hence much more comfortable.

2008 for me, that's when I first heard of him and went through this phase of complete and utter obsession :wub2:

Then he just sat in my iPod until one of my manic friends I haven't seen in forever calls me up in September and says "HE'S RELEASED ANOTHER ONE!!!". I freak out and ask "who??":

"MIKA!"

"say what?"

"I gave you his first CD a couple years ago..."

"OH. Right! Really?! I love him... how's his new album, what's it called yadda yadda yadda..."

I've fallen in love, again. :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

And MUCH more obsessed than ever. Still haven't seen any of his gigs. But I stalk the tabloids, pictures, forums and youtube videos like... well, a very (VERY) sensible fangirl who likes orange nail polish.

2007; i liked him as a casual fan.

2008; i fell in love and was a overly obsessive and emotional fangurl.

2009; i fell back a little when MFC became crowded again with buildup-to-album hype. Travelled overseas to see Mika live for the first time :wub2: and have settled into my permentant role as a dedicated fan but not a panting and drooling fangirl :naughty:

So I would say 2009. Loved him for 3 years but '09 was the clinch factor :wub2:

Definitely 2009 for me. In 2007 and 2008 I was kind of a backseat Mika fan. Last year I became a pedal to the metal Mika fan. If that makes sense. :naughty:

2009 was the year that I really got into the fanbased part of his world, and I've met so many awesome people and had so much fun that I don't know how I didn't get in on the MFC earlier. Also, I saw Mika live for the first time in 2009, so that was beyond amazing. I bet 2010 is going to be even better though. :biggrin2:

I have to say 2007 and 2009... 2007 was a great time, we were all excited and as violet_sky pointed out, all sorts of crazy and funny stuff happening on here... Also, I met people I consider good friends and got to see Mika live only a few weeks after joing here!

2008 was a down year for me... I was really annoyed with Mika then, and even into 2009.

I started to get excited about him in June 2009 when he got the petition book, and then became very fangurly when I got a wonderful surprise from him... and was able to see him in concert again in November! :wub2:

I feel exactly the same :thumb_yello: 2007 was fun of course, all new and fresh, especially discovering MFC. 2008 was a low for me so that's why 2009 has to be the best so far. To finally get some news again after that period of close to nothing, him appearing everywhere again, the new album, the shows and stuff I got to attend and even better I met some AMAZING people in 2009! :thumb_yello:

yup, and also not to forget twitter, it gave us the possibility to directly communicate with him, during the time when he was still into it. hope that time comes again when he's on tour again... :wub2:

Intimate - that's the word. More open and less complicated, hence much more comfortable.

do you mean, because the tiny gigs this year weren't open for everyone? apart from that, i'd say your opinion on 2009 being less intimate than 2007 would be different, if you'd had the chance to be at any of those mini gigs. :wink2: but of course it's true, the fact that it was so hard for us fans to get tickets for them was quite annoying. :sad:

Archived