Your opinions needed on Mika Merchandise only!!! (Not ticket dispatch)

daisylou

I KNOW THERE ARE OTHER THREADS ABOUT THIS BUT THIS IS NOT THE SAME!!!

SORRY I HAVE PUT THIS JUST FOR SANDBAG WHICH IS THE UK SIDE OF MERCH....IT IS FOR THE USA TOO...ANYONE WITH ANY PROBLEMS, IDEAS THIS IS FOR EVERYONE!!!!

I am sat here full of cold and feeling sorry for myself as stuck in bed and can't walk as have a bad back. Bad move as I have been thinking bout things....MIKA'S Merchandise! I know I am a saddo without a life!. I feel that Sandbag don't do MIKA any favors...what do you think? Feel free to add points that I haven't put down...

Has anyonelse had problems with any of their Merch from Sandbag?

I bought a smiley face tshirt and the colour has all washed out when washed 1x and was on a 30' wash (as I am kind to my environment). It now looks vintage!...actually I don't mind it this way but it shouldn't happen!

Then my bag came and some of the printing has come off and only used it on Monday! It took a month and a week to come!

The badge pins on some, are upside down or to the side and don't open/close properly..so when you pin them on they pop open and have lost 2 this way. :sneaky2:

How do you feel about the quality of the goods you've bought in the past?

I think the quality of the products has gone down. I have 2007 tshirts Yasmine design ones and they wash great no shrinkage, colour fine. Print as good as day I got it.

How do you feel about the new/old designs?

I personally like the new stuff and that most don't actually 'advertise' MIKA (unless you get the one with him on the front :roftl:) and when people say they like your 'top,bag etc' and it then opens up a platform to tell them about MIKA...then they wish they had never asked if asking an MFCer! :wink2:

I love, love, love, the MIKA and safety pin design near the bottom.

How do you feel about the prices?

I know so many of you on here are students or live elsewhere than the UK. is the postage ok?

How do they prices differ in different currencies still ok? or kinda pricey for what you are getting?

Delivery times? Are they coming quickly?

This to me is a joke as I have had to chase my own goods up. They never reply or answer the phone and when they do they seem to not have a clue what I am on about. They are happy to take your money but the lack of correspondence is appalling! A short email saying the goods may take 2 weeks and that they apologise for the inconvenience caused, takes what 5 mins? and also makes you feel better when they send some goods and not others and nothing as to where the other goods are.. or when they will arrive etc.

Are there any other goods you would like to see?

For me...MUBBIN DOLLS!!! ...well all character dolls...They should be numbered so collectable. Kinda like Steiff bears with the button in the ear..they need something that makes them extra special and can't be copied and sold on Ebay.

Also I make greeting cards so rubberstamps of the characters as takes me ages to draw them all. Pens (with coloured especially PINK ink) and pencils? STICKERS!!...The Japanese get stickers with their CD's and not the UK ones :sneaky2: WHY? I would like to see stickers for all..not just in the CD's but on sheets so you can buy and stick them EVERYWHERE!

I love the idea of having everything MIKA ...like Hello Kitty he could be on everything from chocolate to hole punches! :roftl:

I feel we need to gather info as a group. Please add as much info as is necessary. As I have had a couple of bad experiences with Merch is it just me being unlucky or have others had problems too and not saying anything...(or written in a thread and got overlooked) ....I feel if this is the case then nothing can be done about it.

I will leave this thread open then in a few months gather the info and see if a MOD will give the info to Team M ...then see if they will change anything. Afterall WE are the ones buying the Merch so OUR view should count!!!

Try to keep chatting to a minimum as I want to use this as a research thread.

THANKS GUYS!!! :biggrin2:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't had any real problem with merch taking too long to arrive. Tickets take forever - I rarely seem to get them before I leave for the gigs (:sneaky2:) but the merch has been okay.

I have the I See You and Tribal Mask t-shirts from the last tour. Both have faded somewhat despite being washed in cold water, but I'm not sure how many times I've washed them - I'd guess about five or six times.

I'd also like to moan that the t-shirts for sale during the North American tour didn't have the tour dates on the back - at least, the black Tribal Mask shirts didn't. I think the point of buying merch at a gig is to have a souvenir, so it would be nice to see the dates on them. Maybe they don't want to carry two kinds of stock, in order to sell them without dates on the website; but still, I'd prefer the shirts for sale at the venues include the tour dates.

Another gripe: my limited edition Songs for Sorrow tour poster from Milan features a pixelated frog. :no: I wish they would have had someone do a bit of quality control before printing them. :dunno:

I do have mad love for the green t-shirts from the songs for sorrow acoustic tour, though. They're SUPER soft - a blend of bamboo(!) and organic cotton - and haven't faded noticeably despite many washes. Love, love, love those. :wub2:

I haven't had any real problem with merch taking too long to arrive. Tickets take forever - I rarely seem to get them before I leave for the gigs (:sneaky2:) but the merch has been okay.

I have the I See You and Tribal Mask t-shirts from the last tour. Both have faded somewhat despite being washed in cold water, but I'm not sure how many times I've washed them - I'd guess about five or six times.

I'd also like to moan that the t-shirts for sale during the North American tour didn't have the tour dates on the back - at least, the black Tribal Mask shirts didn't. I think the point of buying merch at a gig is to have a souvenir, so it would be nice to see the dates on them. Maybe they don't want to carry two kinds of stock, in order to sell them without dates on the website; but still, I'd prefer the shirts for sale at the venues include the tour dates.

Another gripe: my limited edition Songs for Sorrow tour poster from Milan features a pixelated frog. :no: I wish they would have had someone do a bit of quality control before printing them. :dunno:

I do have mad love for the green t-shirts from the songs for sorrow acoustic tour, though. They're SUPER soft - a blend of bamboo(!) and organic cotton - and haven't faded noticeably despite many washes. Love, love, love those. :wub2:

I'm gonna agree. I ordered the "Shout Portrait" t-shirt on November 29 and have just gotten it less than a week ago, I was told it was the weather conditions, but it was put on hold so much.. also, I washed it only once, and it's already beginning to fade :dunno: I thought it was just me..

I'm gonna agree. I ordered the "Shout Portrait" t-shirt on November 29 and have just gotten it less than a week ago, I was told it was the weather conditions, but it was put on hold so much.. also, I washed it only once, and it's already beginning to fade :dunno: I thought it was just me..

That's the whole point of this thread :thumb_yello: nobody knows if others have the same problem..seems they do!

Thanks for the info! Keep it coming!!!

xx

I'm not happy with sandbag too, I bought 2 Tshirts and a tribal bag in october, a month latter they send me an email to say that they will send the items shortly, and I have to email back twice cause since two weeks from now I haven't received them, and separately, first the Tshirsts and a week latter the bag.

And the We are golden T had a hole....:sneaky2:

I'm not happy with sandbag too, I bought 2 Tshirts and a tribal bag in october, a month latter they send me an email to say that they will send the items shortly, and I have to email back twice cause since two weeks from I haven't received them, and separately, first the Tshirsts and a week latter the bag.

And the We are golden T had a hole....:sneaky2:

:blink: When Mika comes back to North America, I'm gonna order my tickets off of ticketmaster, I just don't think sandbag is convenient enough :no: well, darn I'm not gonna get my points.. but.. I'll live.. My friend ordered TBWKTM special edition and never recieved it at all..

:blink: When Mika comes back to North America, I'm gonna order my tickets off of ticketmaster, I just don't think sandbag is convenient enough :no: well, darn I'm not gonna get my points.. but.. I'll live.. My friend ordered TBWKTM special edition and never recieved it at all..

I will consider that for the future, too (sorry for being off topic). Got a dispatch confirmation from the non-sandbag service where I ordered (yesterday) my tickets for March, 30th. Ordered the ones for the (earlier) gigs via sandbag when they went on sale and didn't get a sig(h)n yet. I wouldn't want it to turn out like Berlin last summer. Screw the points. I choose reliability over gadgets here.

I will consider that for the future, too (sorry for being off topic). Got a dispatch confirmation from the non-sandbag service where I ordered (yesterday) my tickets for March, 30th. Ordered the ones for the (earlier) gigs via sandbag when they went on sale and didn't get a sig(h)n yet. I wouldn't want it to turn out like Berlin last summer. Screw the points. I choose reliability over gadgets here.

:thumb_yello: agree. I would rather see Mika live, than try to achieve something that is never gonna happen. :teehee:

Can we keep on topic please - Daisylou asked for people's opinions of the merchandise.

Non-delivery stuff is best discussed on the other Sandbag thread :naughty:

she did ask about delivery time in her post... non delivery surely would fit in there also? mentioning how long it's been since they ordered and haven't received yet. :dunno:

- my tickets ordered via Sandbag arrived approximately 2 weeks before the montreal concert, which was great.

- i'm not a huge merchandise buyer, but i did buy the tribal bag oct. 13, at the montreal concert. the colors are still great. a little bit of wear and tear on the design, but not too bad, considering i use it daily. (but it didn't come with any mika points)

all in all, i'm satisfied :thumb_yello:

I only have the "Shout" t-shirt from the most recent tour, and it's been

fine -- quality seems to be OK, it's not falling apart or anything. I just

wish we could have gotten Mika Magic Numbers for purchasing while on

the tour.

What do you do if you don't get the show tickets on time??? :shocked:

Don't worry. That's one thing Sandbag has been good at; if your tickets don't arrive, they can arrange for you to collect them at the venue's box office with ID and the credit card used to order them.

I've had to do that a couple times, and they've been flawless with arranging that. :dunno:

The first time I washed my Mika "shout" T-shirt, I noticed instantly that the image had faded. It's hard to tell whether that's because of my washer or because of the quality of the clothing, because I have pants that have faded a lot and I have Keane shirts (from Sandbag) that have faded. :dunno:

I do see the point -- Sandbag's delivery times (for the prices we pay) are ridiculous. I've had several occasions where family members order merchandise as a gift for a holiday, etc, and it doesn't come. This stresses them out and they feel really bad that it hasn't come on time. I mean, I'm not a shipping company myself, but I definitely think they could work on efficiency.

As for the quality, I haven't had a problem! I love my tribal pattern totebag and my scream shirt hasn't shrunk/faded. The We Are Golden shirt has shrunk and I'm afraid it's beginning to fade (:aah:), but I've gotten a good few washes out of it.

Of course, I still have my Yasmine shirt that I've had for years, and it's about mint condition. :wub2:

I only have the "Shout" t-shirt from the most recent tour, and it's been

fine -- quality seems to be OK, it's not falling apart or anything. I just

wish we could have gotten Mika Magic Numbers for purchasing while on

the tour.

Agree with everything she said.

*bumps*

*subscribes*

*:camping:*

what can I say: Mum would be better at discussing our problems with Sandbag here. :naughty:

We've had a lot.

Mum ordered a Voodoo tee and the tote bag somewhere on the 6th of December and received the bag last week!!! without the tee of course, and in the bag, on a paper it said that if I ordered something else at the same time and that item is not in this bag, it should arrive shortly. riiight....one week passed...and still nothing. No sign of voodoo tee.

Don't worry. That's one thing Sandbag has been good at; if your tickets don't arrive, they can arrange for you to collect them at the venue's box office with ID and the credit card used to order them.

I've had to do that a couple times, and they've been flawless with arranging that. :dunno:

as for the tickets...I'm a bit concerned but not too much because as Mana said, they have this option of getting them at the venue.

My "Songs for Sorrow" tour tickets didn't arrive on time (OF COURSE!) but I blamed it on the fact that Mika announced it too shortly and they didn't have the time to get it all sorted. This time I think he really did a great job announcing the tour 5-6 months ahead, but the tickets are STILL due to arrive 2 weeks before...when ...well...Sandbag can get all panicked...:naughty:

Mum, if there's anything more you;d like to say. Please do! :biggrin2:

I do see the point -- Sandbag's delivery times (for the prices we pay) are ridiculous. I've had several occasions where family members order merchandise as a gift for a holiday, etc, and it doesn't come. This stresses them out and they feel really bad that it hasn't come on time. I mean, I'm not a shipping company myself, but I definitely think they could work on efficiency.

I hear you, girl! :wink2::naughty:

mum ordered the tshirt and the bag for xmas.

Archived