REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika at Waterfront, Belfast, 2010-FEB-13

lollipop_monkey

yeah that's what the others told me later, i had really trouble understanding the things mika was saying, i just understood he said something bout his no.1 fan in belfast, guess he thought you were from belfast, but you're from dublin i heard? tztz, mika, get your facts right! :lmfao: but it's the idea that counts, right? :biggrin2:

where should i start... well, i can't share tiibets euphoric feelings tbh, no idea what it is, was i expecting too much? was it because it was the first time he ever did that show and it still has to develop and he was nervous? was it because he wasn't on full form, with not being able to play piano and still suffering from his cold (i saw him cough a few times)? probably all 3 of that, but the thing for me is, it was a fab night, of course, mika gigs always are - but i missed the magic and euphoric feeling that i usually get at mika gigs. i'm sure though that it'll get better, when mika and his whole team have been doing the show a few times together, and they're all more used to it, etc.

ok but now apart from the general feeling i got: like i already said on twitter, he did that techno rain version from the energy awards. arrgh, i don't like that! but most of the other mfcers loved it, so it's a question of taste and i have to learn to live with it i guess, lol. :bleh: that was the start of the show. then came biotg, and then i don't remember the order now but the other songs he did were big girl, relax, sitm, touches you, gk, toy boy, wag, lollipop, billy brown, blue eyes, dr john, good gone girl (:wub2:), i see you, any other world, love today... hmm, hope i didn't forget anything. he didn't do pick up off the floor (hopefully just because of his thumb) and also not one foot boy. :sad:

grr, one moment, gotta move cause there's a girl in our room who wants to sleep+feels disturbed by my typing. will continue the report in a minute.

Thank you for the report Karin:huglove:

Did he do Happy Ending?:blink:

I saw him on Monday, and I think he was now feeling so much better, and it really made me happy, and I think he sounded much better today. And I really loved the beginning, more than previous one and the whole stage setting! They did some mistakes, but I think it was natural, this was the first gig of the tour.

Still feeling very euphoric :teehee:

I'm glad he's feeling better:wub2:

Too bad about his thumb though:sad:

Did he say what happen?

Thanks for sharing, tiibet and mellody! :wub2:

Q: did he do Happy Ending?

Yes he did :wub2:

I don't know what happened to his thumb. He didn't tell it or I missed that part. But he didn't play much piano. Hope it's nothing serious.

ok, continued. lollipop was the last song as always. there was golden confetti during wag AND during lollipop. plus balloons for lollipop, as always. for wag, he did the intro that he had done at that german radio station session last summer. :wub2: during big girl there was a huge inflatable woman's shoe including a part of the leg - mika was almost buried under it while it was inflating, lol! :naughty: during lollipopgirl, there was another inflatable, a lollipop girl with a skull head. hard to describe, got pix of that.

the show started off by david coming on stage dressed as a schoolboy, sitting at a schooldesk and writing, and on the book stage deco you'd see the writing he was doing. as far as i saw, you've seen pix of that huge book - what they said about pages falling down was that it's in fact 2 frames, inside which are different layers of curtains, and those keep falling down during the show. fab idea! :biggrin2:

btw, on the t-shirts it said it's the "imaginarium tour 2010" - nice name. :biggrin2:

the part i absolutely loved was dr john - there was a feathered sack falling down from the ceiling, that was so funny! :lmfao: and then mika got a feathered coat out of it (soooo fluffy, loved it!! :wub2:), and put it on. he also was wearing a hat, underneath which there was a 2nd, smaller hat - and he was acting a lot during that song, playing that crazy old man dr john, pulling faces, lifting up his hat, and doing different things with that coat, like turning around so it was flying around him and some feather bits spreading everywhere, lol! :naughty:

apart from that, he was always wearing the same outfit, a jacket at the beginning, and he took that off at some time and had a vest underneath.

tbc...

ok, continued. lollipop was the last song as always. there was golden confetti during wag AND during lollipop. plus balloons for lollipop, as always. for wag, he did the intro that he had done at that german radio station session last summer. :wub2: during big girl there was a huge inflatable woman's shoe including a part of the leg - mika was almost buried under it while it was inflating, lol! :naughty: during lollipopgirl, there was another inflatable, a lollipop girl with a skull head. hard to describe, got pix of that.

the show started off by david coming on stage dressed as a schoolboy, sitting at a schooldesk and writing, and on the book stage deco you'd see the writing he was doing. as far as i saw, you've seen pix of that huge book - what they said about pages falling down was that it's in fact 2 frames, inside which are different layers of curtains, and those keep falling down during the show. fab idea! :biggrin2:

btw, on the t-shirts it said it's the "imaginarium tour 2010" - nice name. :biggrin2:

the part i absolutely loved was dr john - there was a feathered sack falling down from the ceiling, that was so funny! :lmfao: and then mika got a feathered coat out of it (soooo fluffy, loved it!! :wub2:), and put it on. he also was wearing a hat, underneath which there was a 2nd, smaller hat - and he was acting a lot during that song, playing that crazy old man dr john, pulling faces, lifting up his hat, and doing different things with that coat, like turning around so it was flying around him and some feather bits spreading everywhere, lol! :naughty:

apart from that, he was always wearing the same outfit, a jacket at the beginning, and he took that off at some time and had a vest underneath.

tbc...

What a great name!!!

I can not wait to see the feathered jacket:lmfao:

during lollipopgirl, there was another inflatable, a lollipop girl with a skull head. hard to describe, got pix of that.

the part i absolutely loved was dr john

Thank you!! That lollipop thing sounds scary :shocked:

Looking forward to see the dr john stuff :naughty:

:naughty:

:bleh: