REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika at Waterfront, Belfast, 2010-FEB-13

lollipop_monkey

The problem I had is how she said she was hatching some plan to make the "crazy obsessed" fans go in last. If anyone thinks the numbers system is stupid no one can force them to take a number; but it sounds like she was trying to somehow force people who arrived earlier than herself to go in later. Obviously I don't know the specific circumstances, but IMHO that's so not on.

Yeah, I don't agree with that - I was just saying I got why she didn't like the organisation so much :wink2:

same here !!! I pictured something convered in white feathers

Same here!

Thanks for all the reports and picutes so far!

I can't believe he's still ending with Lollipop. I figured he would've switched to WAG now. It's so epic, and the golden confetti would work beautifully with it.

I have to agree. I think he should move a little further away from LICM. I think he could get by on singing GK, LT and BG seeing as those were released but he should focus more on SFS and TBWKTM IMO and WAG would be an AMAZING song for last!

I'd also love to hear One foot boy as the opening song :wink2:

When Mika played at Seoul, We made thousands packs of golden confetti and handed out to the thousands of audience asking them to sprinkle them while singing WAG.... it was a surprise event for Mika from us and I can't forget Mika seeing that , surprised....

OMG that's amazing!

Ok I'm leaving this thread (due to chattering so I don't get caught :naughty:) but I just wanted to say WOW! I love the new sets and the opening with sunshine. I'm also glad to see the astronaught costume is gone because it can't have been comfortable under those lights - Even though it was such a short time that he wore them.

I'd LOVE to know where all the old costumes go though. I wonder if him and his band will get together on weekends to reinact the animal play for the sake of old times :roftl:

Ooh thanks for the reports, photos and video mellody and tiibet!!! :wub2: It looks like it was awesome. I like his blue vest and the confetti and I love the dia de los muertos-esque lollipop girl! I can't wait to hear more about it. :biggrin2:

nope.

no, guess she just saw my costume and decided we all were crazy. :mf_rosetinted: interesting point of view, actually i thought THEY were really crazy, and rude as well. :fisch: won't waste my precious time now for going on about them, but believe me, they were really getting on our nerves! :aah:

yeah that's what the others told me later, i had really trouble understanding the things mika was saying, i just understood he said something bout his no.1 fan in belfast, guess he thought you were from belfast, but you're from dublin i heard? tztz, mika, get your facts right! :lmfao: but it's the idea that counts, right? :biggrin2:

where should i start... well, i can't share tiibets euphoric feelings tbh, no idea what it is, was i expecting too much? was it because it was the first time he ever did that show and it still has to develop and he was nervous? was it because he wasn't on full form, with not being able to play piano and still suffering from his cold (i saw him cough a few times)? probably all 3 of that, but the thing for me is, it was a fab night, of course, mika gigs always are - but i missed the magic and euphoric feeling that i usually get at mika gigs. i'm sure though that it'll get better, when mika and his whole team have been doing the show a few times together, and they're all more used to it, etc.

ok but now apart from the general feeling i got: like i already said on twitter, he did that techno rain version from the energy awards. arrgh, i don't like that! but most of the other mfcers loved it, so it's a question of taste and i have to learn to live with it i guess, lol. :bleh: that was the start of the show. then came biotg, and then i don't remember the order now but the other songs he did were big girl, relax, sitm, touches you, gk, toy boy, wag, lollipop, billy brown, blue eyes, dr john, good gone girl (:wub2:), i see you, any other world, love today... hmm, hope i didn't forget anything. he didn't do pick up off the floor (hopefully just because of his thumb) and also not one foot boy. :sad

grr, one moment, gotta move cause there's a girl in our room who wants to sleep+feels disturbed by my typing. will continue the report in a minute.

OK ... that bit has really made my day ... I didn't think I'd hear that during this tour .... I hope he does perform it at at least one of the gigs I'm going too :swoon: I really want to hear One Foot Boy and Pick Up Off The Floor as well though :wub2:

Thanks for the reports and pics .... and the vid :boing:

:aah: I can't wait to see him :wub2:

girls, thanks for your early reports, pics and video!

it was so exciting to know how the first gig was ))) surely, it's uncomparable with being at the gig itself )

but very interesting to those who couldn't be there

thanks again )))

Edited by mikatuned

oh, thank you Tiibet, you are great!! :flowers2:

I've just seen your first vid, and I am speechless - first for your extremly good filming-skills and than about David's acting... he was showing Mika's feeling during his time in school, the emotions getting darker and darker.. I was sitting here in front of my laptop and became more and more thoughtfuller.. I mean it's one thing to know this part of Mika's life really well, and another to "see" this "live".. boah, very very impressive beginning, yes.

Edited by faballa

I uploaded a few vids:

Rain (+ the beginning)

Blame it on the Girls:

WAG

Touches You

Uploading some more, can't sleep...

:shocked:

the video quality is awsome....

thank you !! (watching them now)

oh, thank you Tiibet, you are great!! :flowers2:

I've just seen your first vid, and I am speechless - first for your extremly good filming-skills and than about David's acting... he was showing Mika's feeling during his time in school, the emotions getting darker and darker.. I was sitting here in front of my laptop and became more and more thoughtfuller.. I mean it's one thing to know this part of Mika's live really well, and another to "see" this "live".. boah, very very impressive beginning, yes.

Thanks, Faballa :wub2: My skills are zero :aah: but I agree that David was good. I really liked it. Awww I think he was nervous before it :teehee:

youtube was quick to take it down :no:

It was blocked in some countries :shocked: It has never happened before.