Hitches fail to spoil star's stunning show - California Chronicle

Miro

Hitches fail to spoil star's stunning show

Monday, February 15, 2010 9:41:22 PM

ON the opening night of his world tour, Mika may not have been happy that all was not as he had planned.

However, he need not have been so apologetic with comments like 'there are more mistakes than glories'.

The capacity crowd loved every bit of his 90-minute extravaganza and it was clear that the few hitches were down to the venue being too small for a show that was so big on production values.

Just as Mika is obviously 'big' when it comes to perfection, this showcase -- which was more of a spectacular show than a mere concert -- was equally as big in theatricality, projections, animation, inflatables, costumes, wigs, effects and powerful pop content.

Although frustrated that a dislocated thumb prevented him from playing the piano, the Grammy-nominated and Brit-winning performer with the fascinating falsetto rattled through hits like the opening Rain, current single, Blame It On The Girls and past successes like Big Girl (You Are Beautiful), Relax Take It Easy, We Are Golden and the show-stopping Love Today.

Sounding vocally like a cross between James Blunt in slow songs and the Scissor Sisters on the up-tempo numbers, his quirky and mainly dance-orientated pop style often hides lyrics of a darker and deeper nature.

His use of balloons and confetti canons during the all-dancing, all-singing and bin-thumping finale combined with the singer's flamboyant and eccentric approach to send all home happy and with the the encore songs Grace Kelly and Lollipop ringing in their ears.

© 2010 Belfast Telegraph. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.

http://www.californiachronicle.com/articles/yb/141300318

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aaaaand that the tour will take him to the beggining of next winter:fangurl:

ok, im :fangurl:now again :lmfao:

:lmfao:

If I go all fangirly again, I will get impatient.. and not be able to focus at school. :glasses2:

:naughty: but, since I'm sick right now, there is no way I can get hyper, so continue on. :naughty::fangurl:

OMG! I CAN'T WAIT FOR MIKA TO COME BACK TO NORTH AMERICA!! :swoon:

:mf_rosetinted:

If I go all fangirly again, I will get impatient.. and not be able to focus at school. :glasses2:

:naughty: but, since I'm sick right now, there is no way I can get hyper, so continue on. :naughty::fangurl:

OMG! I CAN'T WAIT FOR MIKA TO COME BACK TO NORTH AMERICA!! :swoon:

:mf_rosetinted:

awww youre sick??? : im so sorry :huglove:!!!

ok, ill be fangurly with you then: CANT WAIT EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmfao::fangurl:

ok, im all excited again :mf_rosetinted:

awww youre sick??? : im so sorry :huglove:!!!

ok, ill be fangurly with you then: CANT WAIT EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmfao::fangurl:

ok, im all excited again :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah, just a cold though, since Spring is on it's way. :naughty:

stupid pollen. :mf_rosetinted: and Snow.

I can't wait until Mika comes back here. :boing: then.. I will be so fangurly, it will be so awesome!! :boing:

Yeah, just a cold though, since Spring is on it's way. :naughty:

stupid pollen. :mf_rosetinted: and Snow.

I can't wait until Mika comes back here. :boing: then.. I will be so fangurly, it will be so awesome!! :boing:

aww, ok, get well soon :huglove:

i can be fangurly for the both of us now!!! :fangurl:!!! :lmfao:

OMG !! she's already using the :thumb_yello:

Moddie Droopsy...:naughty:

Anyone knows how M managed to get his thumb dislocated?

I'd give you several explanations how, and make loads of captions about it , but i started last night and Jazzy said it was gross, so i'll just go to the gig thread and shut up my big mouth...:naughty::mf_rosetinted:

Moddie Droopsy...:naughty:

I'd give you several explanations how, and make loads of captions about it , but i started last night and Jazzy said it was gross, so i'll just go to the gig thread and shut up my big mouth...:naughty::mf_rosetinted:

And apart from that, his nostril isn't THAT big, surely? :roftl:

Archived