REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ Hammersmith Apollo, London FEB 28 2010

Fmbm

poor thing?

can't understand his word....:blink: sorry what's going on there?

I think that's the gig where they had some technical problems with their sound equipment. He says to the audience:

"Now ladies and gentlemen. You may have noticed a couple songs ago... that things changed. It looks like the rest of the show tonight is gonna be you and us. Since half of our equipment is refusing to work, you are gonna get us... completely exposed. But I don't want to stop the show. We'll keep going. Are you ready?!! Because now, we honestly f*cking need you. But we've done it before, and we'll do it again."

I get the impression that, among other things, his backing tracks stopped working, leaving him with only live backing vocals. :teehee:

Which would mean that he switched to the same idea that he had on the acoustic tour last summer when they had no backing tracks, instead getting the audience to sing along with this bit of Happy Ending. :wub2:

Thanks for posting the vids, SashaX! :wub2:

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's the gig where they had some technical problems with their sound equipment. He says to the audience:

"Now ladies and gentlemen. You may have noticed a couple songs ago... that things changed. It looks like the rest of the show tonight is gonna be you and us. Since half of our equipment is refusing to work, you are gonna get us... completely exposed. But I don't want to stop the show. We'll keep going. Are you ready?!! Because now, we honestly f*cking need you. But we've done it before, and we'll do it again."

I get the impression that, among other things, his backing tracks stopped working, leaving him with only live backing vocals. :teehee:

Which would mean that he switched to the same idea that he had on the acoustic tour last summer when they had no backing tracks, instead getting the audience to sing along with this bit of Happy Ending. :wub2:

thanks..i got most of it, but now it's complete! :thumb_yello:

OMG thank you so much :wub2:

(listened it again with kind subtitles :biggrin2: thanks to MFC my listening is improving everyday :blush-anim-cl:)

so that 'technical problem' was about backing tracks....uhh.....

OMG thank you so much :wub2:

(listened it again with kind subtitles :biggrin2: thanks to MFC my listening is improving everyday :blush-anim-cl:)

so that 'technical problem' was about backing tracks....uhh.....

You're welcome! :biggrin2:

I'm getting the impression that a backing track issue was among the problems, but I wasn't at this gig so I can't be totally sure. :blush-anim-cl:

But the way he says "we really f*cking need you" and talks about being "totally exposed" leads me to believe that his backing tracks were among the things not working - maybe someone who was at the gig can confirm that? I think someone also reported that David's keyboards stopped working at one point, too. Poor Mika. :roftl:

Here's another vid of what Mika says, thanks to CazGirl. He starts talking at 3:17:

You're welcome! :biggrin2:

I'm getting the impression that a backing track issue was among the problems, but I wasn't at this gig so I can't be totally sure. :blush-anim-cl:

But the way he says "we really f*cking need you" and talks about being "totally exposed" leads me to believe that his backing tracks were among the things not working - maybe someone who was at the gig can confirm that? I think someone also reported that David's keyboards stopped working at one point, too. Poor Mika. :roftl:

Here's another vid of what Mika says, thanks to CazGirl. He starts talking at 3:17:

Yes i remember seeing that too

David's keyboard stopped so he did My interpretation instead...like that...

ohh most of Mika's accent is quite easy to understand for me but when he's in UK he talks too fast and uses too much....slangs...:naughty: and 'f*ck' included words.....:sneaky2:

so hard for me.....

Oh..at last I manged to upload all my stuff :naughty:

If you want to take a look..:thumb_yello:

PICS

http://s703.photobucket.com/albums/ww40/sasha_push/Mika%20Live%20In%20London%20at%20the%20%20HMV%20Hammersmith%20Apollo/

VIDS

Billy Brown

My Interpretation + Touches You

I See You

Happy Ending pt. I

Mika Talking (poor thing :naughty:) + Happy Ending pt. II

Love Today

THank you so so much!

I also saw a part of the 1st march show and after that I understood the difference between the 1st and the 2nd gig because the sound on march 1st was more "rich" like more instruments were working!

The moment we handed over Minimika has turned up on youtube :boing:

Look at his little face, just like a child with a new toy.

A big THANK YOU to the person who uploaded it and also to lyli21 who sent us the link :flowers2:

OMG this got to be one the most adorable videos I've seen :wub2::wub2: Minimika is sooo cute :biggrin2: Well done to you!! :thumb_yello:

A big THANK YOU to the person who uploaded it and also to lyli21 who sent us the link :flowers2:

OH GOD how sweet!!!!He looks so happy!!!

Can I ask where did you find this little Mika?

Without reading any of the other reports (I was sitting next to Mellody when she wrote her though :naughty:) I try a report:

My whole London-stay was an adventure. It was my first time in London and my first time to see Mika. It was planned to watch only the second show. But when I met some really nice MFCers I got convinced I HAD to watch both gigs. So we started my Mika-day around noon and I was proud to be number 39. The queueing itself was an adventure, too. There were many nice people and I didn't expect to have so many interesting talks. A special thanks to Mellody and Monie who fought for my ticket like a lion mother for her baby :naughty::wub2::thumb_yello: Even though the wheather was disgusting (rain, wind, cold :sneaky2:), it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. The only thing I didn't like were the last twenty minutes because nobody knew when we finally would be able to go inside. But that's always like that...

I noticed that Erik Hassle was there. And that's everything I remember as an impression from the first night. :mf_rosetinted: He was just there. Not good, not bad. Just there.

Mika's gig was brilliant. I loved every second of it. I also loved the problems they had. But, to be honest, I didn't notice the majority of it. I saw that David had a problem with his keyboards and that Mika told us just something in order to do anything. During the gig I wasn't sure if My Interpretation was on the setlist, but I really enjoyed that. If singing an additional song is a solution for a problem, I want Mika to have more problems on stage :biggrin2: The second thing I noticed was the crazy smoke-machine. That was, funnily enough, during I See You. Well, we couldn't see anything, but laughed unstoppable :roftl:. The last problem I saw was just that some Lollipopgirls / Big Girls forgot to throw their flowers. But that's no big deal, I think. All in all I loved every single problem because that makes the whole show very human and I absolutely love an improvising Mika :wub2: He did a fantastic job anyway. So did the band. The whole concert was phenomenal :thumb_yello:

The short M+G afterwards was very calm which I liked. It was well-organised. Mika looked gorgeous and he signed my ticket :wub2: I told him how brilliant I found the concert because I heard that he was annoyed by the issues they had.

To sum up, it was a great experience, a great first Mika-gig and I was, unable to stand or walk, really looking forward to the next evening :naughty:

this video is AMAZING!!!!!

the little mika looks adorable, and his reaction is like... awwwwwww :fangurl:

well done!!!!:thumb_yello:

Statue of Liberty: it was really nice meeting you and I am glad you got your ticket in the end! And as you know I attended also two gigs instead of one :naughty:. Hope you did some sightseeing after all.

finally finished reading all the reports, it's fab to read about all the things i missed due to watching only half of the gig. thanx for all the reports+pix+videos!! :wub2

I think all my vids from Feb 28th are here:

SITM:

Any Other World:

Blue Eyes:

My interpretation:

Love Today:

Touches You:

I See You:

Dr John:

Happy Ending:

We Are Golden:

Toy Boy:

Lollipop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1yCe6XpLGU

thanx tiibet, fantastic videos as always! :fangurl: i love his talk at the beginning of toy boy... "i think it says a lot about me that my favourite bit of my (does he say carreer? :blink:) is standing in front of 6.000 strangers, talking to a puppet." :wub2:

and i love your lollipop video, argh, can't believe how close mika was to me a few times and i didn't even notice cause you don't see a thing with those heads! :doh: like at about 2:38 he walks right past me, through the tiny gap between me and the next BG, and i totally missed that while i was on stage! :aah:

after the gig, we all went in line waiting for him to come out, and it was so cold...but eventually he came and everything went on smoothly. i was waiting almost at the end of the line with very few hopes to greet him, as the car was parked before the spot i was...but they moved it farther, so he came over and we could talk a little tiny bit...last time it was in berlin.

i asked about 'pick up off the floor' and he said he may sing it sooner or later, cause set list is changing along the tour, so i asked if there might be a chance he plays it in Milan...and he said he may try. cross fingers!:

aww, i so hope he's doing it at the german gigs! :wub2: maybe instead of any other world... i like that song too (if it was up to me, he could do all of his songs... :naughty:), but i'd certainly prefer if he left out this one, instead of touches you or good gone girl. :fisch:

fab that you got to talk with him, i had the feeling at recent meet+greets that it's harder to talk a few words with him than it used to be. or maybe i'm just more sensitive now to him being in a hurry and don't dare to say much out of fear of being too pushy and taking too much of his time because i've already met him so often while others who are there haven't. :dunno: hard to describe, anyway the m+g's seem different to me than they were in 2007-2009. :rolls_eyes:

I've taken a lot of pictures of BG an LG on sunday evening! if anybody wants them, please feel free to PM me!! (I do not have time right now to put them all here....)

would love to have them, if you have any of me (green corset + pink head). :biggrin2:

veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery tightly!she almost killed me :

Gosh Mrs P is strong!She stringed my corset very hard at once and she told me if I was comfy...well....you cannot breath too much but...:

glad now that it was the wardrobe lady who laced me in, and not mrs p. :teehee:

ah, btw, about that discussion why he kept sara on stage... from watching the videos, it looks like a fantastic spontaneous idea to incorporate this long LG/BG procession in his show. it looks indeed much better this way than if he had just let everyone leave the stage. i also couldn't have recognized anyone with the heads on, no idea if mika did, but maybe they always make sure that the last one in the procession is someone who's doing it well (judging from what sara said that mama p had told her to go last), and that's what he based his decision on? :dunno: or like someone has said in here, maybe he saw it from the way she moved that it would be ok. whatever, i think it was a good decision - though probably almost causing sara a heart attack, anyway that's what i would've felt! :lmfao:

but like sara said, we were told that the most important thing was to keep moving on stage, guess that's what i would've done as well. :teehee:

we also were told though that the drumming would go on until we all had crossed the stage... :fisch: i think the procession started a bit late though, from what i can see on the videos - maybe that was due to the last minute problems that mrs p had to solve on monie's mask? :dunno: the huge amount of BG's & LG's was certainly one reason, but i think it wasn't the only reason.

and we were also told not to touch our heads during lollipop because it looks silly - i absolutely agree with that, but wtf are we supposed to do if the head shifts so you can really see NOTHING anymore?! :aah: i also had to adjust the head a few times during lollipop, but tried to avoid it as much as i could. :rolls_eyes:

looks like it was (also?) problems with the lighting: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22285 - lol, and none of mfc noticed? :blink: see, no need for a big light show, as long as the spotlight still is on mika, so we can see him, we're fine. :lmfao:

There was something really weird with the lights, because at some point I was so blinded I couldn't see for a long time. Also, when I'm watching my videos I can see lightning is not as I suppose it should be... (well, of course there are other things that can cause that effect, like the height of the stage etc)

But yes, I agree, as long as the spotlight is on him I don't care about the lightshow :roftl: Lol, he spends SO much money on his shows and all we want is his singing and piano playing :teehee: Oh, I do enjoy his shows and seeing all his ideas, of course, but his voice and smile is more than enough to make me happy :wub2:

ah, btw, about that discussion why he kept sara on stage... from watching the videos, it looks like a fantastic spontaneous idea to incorporate this long LG/BG procession in his show. it looks indeed much better this way than if he had just let everyone leave the stage. i also couldn't have recognized anyone with the heads on, no idea if mika did, but maybe they always make sure that the last one in the procession is someone who's doing it well (judging from what sara said that mama p had told her to go last), and that's what he based his decision on? :dunno: or like someone has said in here, maybe he saw it from the way she moved that it would be ok. whatever, i think it was a good decision - though probably almost causing sara a heart attack, anyway that's what i would've felt! :lmfao:

but like sara said, we were told that the most important thing was to keep moving on stage, guess that's what i would've done as well. :teehee:

we also were told though that the drumming would go on until we all had crossed the stage... :fisch: i think the procession started a bit late though, from what i can see on the videos - maybe that was due to the last minute problems that mrs p had to solve on monie's mask? :dunno: the huge amount of BG's & LG's was certainly one reason, but i think it wasn't the only reason.

and we were also told not to touch our heads during lollipop because it looks silly - i absolutely agree with that, but wtf are we supposed to do if the head shifts so you can really see NOTHING anymore?! :aah: i also had to adjust the head a few times during lollipop, but tried to avoid it as much as i could. :rolls_eyes:

Nope, it had nothing to do with the mask, Mrs. P. told me to wait a few drums before start walking, it was exactly the same the next day. It was nervewrecking, this last second mask adjusting, I am so glad she did tho, I probably would have walked right off the stage if she had not done it :naughty:.

And it was impossible not to adjust the mask during the performance, well, not if you wanted to keep it on your head, tho just as you I tried to touch it as little as possible.

I don't think he recognized Sarah by the way she was moving, she wasn't moving as she usually does, I at least wasn't :roftl:. But I agree that it was a good decision of Mika to do something with the last Big girl instead of just letting them all walk by. This way they fitted more in the song. The next day Yasmine said:" Mika was freaking out!" :naughty:

Edited by Monie

Aw, what a sight. I really love to see him say he finds something amazing when he really means it. You can see he meant it there. :blush-anim-cl:

I really hope that someday I'll find something to make him look like that, too. :aah: