Mika's new "kick-ass" single

LilStar

Jonathon Ross had a chat with Mika and said he was lovely.

Wossy

In response to daws. Wife's dress tonight by Viv Westwood and yes, I had a chat with mika and brad Pitt. Both lovely.

1 minutes ago via TweetDeck

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lmao I'm 142 pages late :aah:

hopefully this single will get a physical release :swoon:

It better!

I hope I don't have to buy the whole soundtrack to get the one song (Though if I like the soundtrack I'll just buy that)

When is it getting released (the single)? I've heard 5 diffrent dates.

Plus, if the single is only released in the UK, are CD's like DVD's and they have regions, or can I order it from the UK and still play it?

It better!

I hope I don't have to buy the whole soundtrack to get the one song (Though if I like the soundtrack I'll just buy that)

When is it getting released (the single)? I've heard 5 diffrent dates.

Plus, if the single is only released in the UK, are CD's like DVD's and they have regions, or can I order it from the UK and still play it?

I've heard 29 March, 2 May, and a lot of other dates that I can't remember :boxed: I just hope it comes out soon. XD

To be honest I think the soundtrack will be released internationally anyway, seeing as Kick Ass the film is (I think? :blink:) being released worldwide too...but don't trust me on this :lmfao:

:boing: THANK YOU EMKA!!!! :wub2:

I've heard 29 March, 2 May, and a lot of other dates that I can't remember :boxed: I just hope it comes out soon. XD

To be honest I think the soundtrack will be released internationally anyway, seeing as Kick Ass the film is (I think? :blink:) being released worldwide too...but don't trust me on this :lmfao:

I know the soundtrack will be released internationally but I was talking about the single. Rain and BIOTG where both only released in Europe.

EDIT: OH! I just found the todays radio show thread! XD I didn't think to check the gig's section. :blush-anim-cl:

Edited by Buzzbuzz

I tweeted once... :biggrin2:

Ooooh, I love the lyrics! :teehee:

So kick ass .. good single? :biggrin2:

It's a kick ass single :lmfao:

OK - my question is this: the entire Kick Ass soundtrack CD is being released on March 29th, but when is the single actually being released? I have seen three different dates ranging from March to May :blink:

You don't seem to be able to pre-order it anywhere

Good question...

I just checked music stores here, and no such luck...

Thanks Caz!

And I know I'll get shunned for saying this but, does anyone else find "blood on their knees" a bit dirty...like...someone's been on their knees a bit too long...

You think it means someone spent too long giving head while kneeling on a carpet thus getting carpet burns or something? :aah:

I'm sure that's not what Mika means, Alex :roftl:

:lmfao::das:

I'm surprised that the mods haven't said anything about that! :das:

Nope, wot he means is that he used the razors on his legs instead of wax...:mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao:

Probably..

That was great! He does seem to be a Mika fan dosn't he... Bless him.

Yeah!

I would say kinda:

"I’ve been madly in love with Mika since he blew my mind with 2007’s Grace Kelly, and as far as Kick-Ass goes, I’ve been counting down to the release date (April 16, btw) ever since I saw the first promo pic."

:roftl::roftl::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Review (in Dutch) about Kick Ass and the video:

http://videoclips.blog.nl/pop/2010/03/17/nieuwe-video-mika-kick-ass

Kick Ass is de titelsong van de gelijknamige film, over een jongen die besluit een echte superheld te worden. Net als in zijn geliefde stripboeken. De clip zit zoals verwacht vol fragmenten uit de film, afgewisseld met scenes waarin Mika overeind krabbelt nadat hij is overvallen in een donker steegje. Waar is Kick Ass als je hem nodig hebt?

De video dreigt interessant te worden als Mika een stripboek vindt en daardoor wordt geïnspireerd een hoog gebouw te beklimmen (gewoon met de trap trouwens, niet langs de gevel). Wij dachten dat hij ook een superheldenkostuum zou aantrekken, maar helaas komt hij alleen naar het dak om te zingen. Misschien ligt het aan ons, maar had hij dan niet net zo goed op de begane grond kunnen blijven? In combinatie met alle luie filmbeelden is Kick Ass toch niet echt een geslaagde video.

En de muziek?

Het is raar om Mika te horen samenwerken met Gaga-producer RedOne. Het liedje (veel hoge uithalen, theatraal refrein) is nog steeds onmiskenbaar Mika, alleen wordt hij nu begeleid door de pompende Zweedse beats die we de afgelopen jaren misschien iets te vaak hebben gehoord. Best een aardig nummer, maar hij mag nog niet eens in onze top tien van favoriete Mika-liedjes.

Kick Ass is the titlesong of the film with the same name. About a boy who decides to become a superhero. Just like in his beloved comics.

The clip is, as to be expected, full of fragments of the movie, combined with scenes in which Mika stumbles(?) to get up after being mobbed in a dark alleyway. Where is KickAss when you need him?

The video threatens to get interesting when Mika finds a comicbook and gets inspired by it to start climbing a high building. (Just on the stairs and not on the wall.) We thought he would wear a superhero costume, but unfortunately he only goes to the roof to sing.

Perhaps it's us, but he could have stayed downstairs? In combination with the lazy filmscenes we consider it not a very well made video.

And what about the music?

It's strange to hear Mika collaborate with Gaga-producer RedOne. The song (many high notes, theatrical chorus) is still unmistakenably Mika, but now he's gets a pumping Swedish beat under it, which we have probably heard a few times too often the past years.

Quit a nice song, but far not good enough for our top10 of favourite Mika-songs.

Edited by AnnaMariaPetra

Review (in Dutch) about Kick Ass and the video:

http://videoclips.blog.nl/pop/2010/03/17/nieuwe-video-mika-kick-ass

I will translate soon.

Kick Ass is de titelsong van de gelijknamige film, over een jongen die besluit een echte superheld te worden. Net als in zijn geliefde stripboeken. De clip zit zoals verwacht vol fragmenten uit de film, afgewisseld met scenes waarin Mika overeind krabbelt nadat hij is overvallen in een donker steegje. Waar is Kick Ass als je hem nodig hebt?

De video dreigt interessant te worden als Mika een stripboek vindt en daardoor wordt geïnspireerd een hoog gebouw te beklimmen (gewoon met de trap trouwens, niet langs de gevel). Wij dachten dat hij ook een superheldenkostuum zou aantrekken, maar helaas komt hij alleen naar het dak om te zingen. Misschien ligt het aan ons, maar had hij dan niet net zo goed op de begane grond kunnen blijven? In combinatie met alle luie filmbeelden is Kick Ass toch niet echt een geslaagde video.

En de muziek?

Het is raar om Mika te horen samenwerken met Gaga-producer RedOne. Het liedje (veel hoge uithalen, theatraal refrein) is nog steeds onmiskenbaar Mika, alleen wordt hij nu begeleid door de pompende Zweedse beats die we de afgelopen jaren misschien iets te vaak hebben gehoord. Best een aardig nummer, maar hij mag nog niet eens in onze top tien van favoriete Mika-liedjes.

I hope this translation is okay.

"Kick Ass is the title song of the movie with the same name, about a boy who decides to become a true superhero. As in his beloved comic books. The clip is as expected full entries from the movie, interspersed with scenes in which Mika krabbelt alive after he was attacked in a dark back alley. Where is Kick Ass when you need him?

The video is interesting as a comic book provides Mika and as a result, inspired a tall building to climb the stairs (just as a matter of fact, not along the façade). We thought that he would attract a superheldenkostuum, but unfortunately, it only to the roof to sing. Maybe it is up to us, but had it not just as well on the ground floor will be able to continue? As it applies to all lazy film is Kick Ass scarcely a successful video.

And the music?

It is odd to hear to collaborate with Mika Gaga-producer RedOne. Your song (high worth theatraal theme) is still undeniably Mika, except that he is accompanied by the pompende Swedish beats in recent years might be a little too often heard. A good number, but he may not even in our top ten favorite Mika-songs."

I, for one, can't stop listening to Mika's Kick-Ass!!

A store in Greenpoint Brooklyn NY, that I really wanted to work at but didn't happen, tweeted about Mika and Kick Ass and put him on their blog! http://www1.fredflare.com/blog/?p=5472

Guess there's a Mika fan there! :naughty:

That is awesome! I hope the site is popular enough.

And why is everyone calling this poor girl a he? :roftl:

It's posted by Bee and if you look to the side it shows you a pic of her.

"Kick Ass is the title song of the movie with the same name, about a boy who decides to become a true superhero. As in his beloved comic books. The clip is as expected full entries from the movie, interspersed with scenes in which Mika krabbelt alive after he was attacked in a dark back alley. Where is Kick Ass when you need him?

The video is interesting as a comic book provides Mika and as a result, inspired a tall building to climb the stairs (just as a matter of fact, not along the façade). We thought that he would attract a superheldenkostuum, but unfortunately, it only to the roof to sing. Maybe it is up to us, but had it not just as well on the ground floor will be able to continue? As it applies to all lazy film is Kick Ass scarcely a successful video.

And the music?

It is odd to hear to collaborate with Mika Gaga-producer RedOne. Your song (high worth theatraal theme) is still undeniably Mika, except that he is accompanied by the pompende Swedish beats in recent years might be a little too often heard. A good number, but he may not even in our top ten favorite Mika-songs."

Aha: you speak Dutch!:wink2:

It was translation in progress in my head, just posted it. I shall compare the two:thumb_yello:

i think the lyrics go "running with God on our knees " not blood, that's what it sounds like to me anyway.

Wonka: the queue gets longer! I am beginning to think it really is God!

Angela: you have to know that I thought it's god too, then Wonka told me I was nuts or smt like that...another one hearing God followed, and then another one on YT! :teehee::roftl:

Im still on "blood on our knees"

Me too!

Though I have to admit there are certain parts of the song that it does sound like "God" but at other parts it sounds like "blood."

I am thinking it is blood.

It also makes more sense.

And the music?

Neither can I!