Mika's new "kick-ass" single

LilStar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:aah:

Personally I think it was a stupid question and a stupid answer, and doesn't portray Mika in a good light at all.

I don't know- because the answer is so obviously "No, whoever's in charge of the music DOESN'T think Mika will put teens and 20s off" that it doesnt really need to be said

Similarly, if you follow the link to the review of the soundtrack it says it's brill and cites Mika as one of the reasons for that, and says it's the best song he's done- but also says his song's "as camp as a lycra clad can-can"- which is annoying

Oh, but I must admit I consider shamelessly saying "never heard of them" to be one of the privileges of passing forty.

Similarly, if you follow the link to the review of the soundtrack it says it's brill and cites Mika as one of the reasons for that, and says it's the best song he's done- but also says his song's "as camp as a lycra clad can-can"- which is annoying

I don't think Kick Ass is camp...

Someone just wrote this on Mika's video of "Kick Ass" in the comments section...

just seen something weird on itunes....this song is available to pre-order as an e.p along with i see you.....i don't know if that's meant to mean that this song and i see you will be released as a double a side or if the latter is released shortly after....either way, this is a good song and it'll be good if i see you is released to, that's the best song on his new album in my opnion

:blink:

Someone just wrote this on Mika's video of "Kick Ass" in the comments section...

just seen something weird on itunes....this song is available to pre-order as an e.p along with i see you.....i don't know if that's meant to mean that this song and i see you will be released as a double a side or if the latter is released shortly after....either way, this is a good song and it'll be good if i see you is released to, that's the best song on his new album in my opnion

:blink:

I hope that doesn't mean that I See You won't be released as a single in its own right - I flipping love that song and was kinda dreaming it would be the next single to be released from the album :emot-sad:

I hope that doesn't mean that I See You won't be released as a single in its own right - I flipping love that song and was kinda dreaming it would be the next single to be released from the album :emot-sad:

I don't think any more singles should be released off TBWKTM. We have Kick Ass in May, but I think it would be a better career move if after that there was no new single until he has new material.

" Mika’s done the soundtrack. Are you worried he’ll put people off?

I’d never heard of him. I’m 40. I feel embarrassed when my friends are talking about current music. That should be left to young people."

And what great publicity THAT is lmfao :aah:

I was quite incensed when I read that this morning, but then I remembered that when Danika, Bab and Sarah met this guy (the writer) the other day, he told them that his daughter was a big Mika fan......so not quite sure what to make of his answer right now :dunno:

In any case, I agree that the question was pathetic, offensive and pointless :sneaky2:.

" Mika’s done the soundtrack. Are you worried he’ll put people off?

I’d never heard of him. I’m 40. I feel embarrassed when my friends are talking about current music. That should be left to young people."

And what great publicity THAT is lmfao :aah:

I know right? How odd...

I didn't like the question though. Why should people be put off because Mika has written the song and sings it? I resent the interviewer even asking such a question.

Me too. it was :blink:

Speaking of publicity ...

DSCN0404.jpg?t=1269900086

DSCN0463-1.jpg?t=1269900002

These are EVERYWHERE! I only took pictures with two of them, but I've seen them all over the place. This movie has got some publicity goin'!

AWESOME!!!! :biggrin2:

Cool:thumb_yello:

Did you notice you can win the poster?

You can?

EDIT: Oh. :aah: It's on the poster.... Check inside? :blink:

These are EVERYWHERE! I only took pictures with two of them, but I've seen them all over the place. This movie has got some publicity goin'!

Nice!

There's a comic shop in Victoria that had a Kick Ass promo day not long ago... They posted pics on their facebook page...

This apparently ran in the Mirror last week -- am I the only one who missed it? Just a tiny tidbit...

mika-3am-pictures-image-2-790837023.jpg

Mika says recording song for Marvel comics movie Kick-Ass was a 'dream come true'

By 3am's Clemmie Moodie and Danielle Lawler 16/03/2010

Mika 3am Pictures 2

He might not look it, but Brit pop hero Mika is one happy chappy.

He has just recorded the title track for Kick-Ass, a movie based on the Marvel comics.

Mika says: "Being a comic fan it was a huge thrill and dream come true."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/03/16/marvel-lous-news-mika-115875-22114321/

This apparently ran in the Mirror last week -- am I the only one who missed it? Just a tiny tidbit...

Mika says recording song for Marvel comics movie Kick-Ass was a 'dream come true'

Mika 3am Pictures 2

He has just recorded the title track for Kick-Ass, a movie based on the Marvel comics.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/03/16/marvel-lous-news-mika-115875-22114321/

yes we had that a while ago Deb :thumb_yello:

Mika 3am Pictures 2

:boing: Cool! I wonder what he's working on in the pic... haha, I see the Delux TBWKTM.

Mika 3am Pictures 2

Is he having a bad hair day? :wink2:

Love the pictures, you look super cute! :wub2: