Mika's new "kick-ass" single

LilStar

Can I just say that the iTunes extra 30 min Mika and Matthew Vaughan conversation is (IMO) one of the best Mika things I've heard? I

Where did you find it? Is it on iTunes? (too bad, I can't buy it here :sad:)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you find it? Is it on iTunes? (too bad, I can't buy it here :sad:)

Oh shoot, sorry- yes it's on UK iTunes as an extra- I assumed it would be on all iTunes versions. But I'm wondering if the reason no-one else has mentioned it is that it's not new anyway :dunno: -it was certainly new to me but I'm not really up to speed with things atm. It reminded me of the Radio 4 interview Mika did some months ago, except it was about movie music- and Mika was more like the interviewer than the interviewee- though it was very much a conversation

Edited by Soaring Simpson

LOVE LOVE LOVE Mika's new Kick Ass (We Are Young) video!!!

Of all the entertainers and creative talents out there today, I find Mika the most truly fascinating by far!!! I'm always looking forward to seeing what he's going to do next!

MIKA-2-1.gif

Right on!

I couldn't have said it better myself! I totally agree, Mika is the best there is! I really hope Kick Ass (We Are Young) will be a huge hit worldwide

I think recent statistics from the youtube vids might indicate that Marilyn.

For the first ten days the Kick-Ass vid was most popular with males between the ages of 13-17.

Today the MikaSoundsOfficial vid is most popular with females between the ages of 13-17, females 18-24 & males 24-34.

The demographics are expanding.

Go Mika!

Guess what..Kick-Ass is finally, finally growing on me :teehee:.

It's because the last few times I have listened to it I've concentrated on the background vocals and synths and heard a few more layers in it, which I like. IMO the background layers aren't big enough in the mix. But what do I know..RedOne is the master :mf_rosetinted:

Oh shoot, sorry- yes it's on UK iTunes as an extra- I assumed it would be on all iTunes versions. But I'm wondering if the reason no-one else has mentioned it is that it's not new anyway

I think no one has mentioned it because no one bought it. :dunno: I certainly have not heard it and Mana and I were plotting last night on how to get our hands on it because we can't purchase from the UK iTunes. :naughty:

It's not available in Canada, but I've been able to buy the single track of Kick-Ass. The digital album is quite expensive here ($12) and without the bonus it's not worth it at all. Kick-Ass was only $0.99.

Oh shoot, sorry- yes it's on UK iTunes as an extra- I assumed it would be on all iTunes versions.

Thank you for clarifying it. I have yet to figure out how I can get my hands on that interview. I couldn't even buy the i-tunes gig last summer even though I wanted to. I really don't understand these country restrictions. They are working against their own sales.

Thank you for clarifying it. I have yet to figure out how I can get my hands on that interview. I couldn't even buy the i-tunes gig last summer even though I wanted to. I really don't understand these country restrictions. They are working against their own sales.

iTunes is a law unto itself. It drives me nuts!

Oh shoot, sorry- yes it's on UK iTunes as an extra- I assumed it would be on all iTunes versions. But I'm wondering if the reason no-one else has mentioned it is that it's not new anyway :dunno: -it was certainly new to me but I'm not really up to speed with things atm. It reminded me of the Radio 4 interview Mika did some months ago, except it was about movie music- and Mika was more like the interviewer than the interviewee- though it was very much a conversation

:aah: I want! I want! I want! But can't!

Right on!

I think recent statistics from the youtube vids might indicate that Marilyn.

For the first ten days the Kick-Ass vid was most popular with males between the ages of 13-17.

Today the MikaSoundsOfficial vid is most popular with females between the ages of 13-17, females 18-24 & males 24-34.

The demographics are expanding.

Go Mika!

Excellent news!!! :thumb_yello: Once you pop Mika, you can't stop!

Guess what..Kick-Ass is finally, finally growing on me :teehee:.

It's because the last few times I have listened to it I've concentrated on the background vocals and synths and heard a few more layers in it, which I like. IMO the background layers aren't big enough in the mix. But what do I know..RedOne is the master :mf_rosetinted:

Another good news!!! Yay for Gata!

Same here! I wanted the itunes gig cause you told me I was in it!! Though I hated how I look in it.. I wanted it! :aah:

is it as an extra buying the EP?

I've been to see the movie this afternoon. There was such a queue at the ticket office (not just for Kick-Ass) that by the time we got to our seats we had missed a bit of the beginning.

The film was really really good. Some funny bits, a lot of violence and plenty of action. The girl who plays Hit Girl is a wonderful little actress who plays the child assassin with more than a touch of humour. The boy who is Kick-Ass is very likeable, especially with his hair in it's Mikatastic curls and I think he has a great career ahead.

The movie was well worth seeing even without Mika's song... and a good job too... Because when the credits came on at the end I was ready to hear our awesome guy singing his song... But they didn't play it! They played the song that had been on TV, on the trailers. Whether Mika's song came on after that one finished, I don't know. I waited a while but the song was long, so I doubt Mika's song came next. :mf_rosetinted:

The only thing I'm wondering is... Since we missed the very beginning of the movie, maybe Mika's song got played at the beginning. I really hope that was the case, otherwise it's just not fair!

But the movie is deffinately worth watching!

I've been to see the movie this afternoon. There was such a queue at the ticket office (not just for Kick-Ass) that by the time we got to our seats we had missed a bit of the beginning.

The film was really really good. Some funny bits, a lot of violence and plenty of action. The girl who plays Hit Girl is a wonderful little actress who plays the child assassin with more than a touch of humour. The boy who is Kick-Ass is very likeable, especially with his hair in it's Mikatastic curls and I think he has a great career ahead.

The movie was well worth seeing even without Mika's song... and a good job too... Because when the credits came on at the end I was ready to hear our awesome guy singing his song... But they didn't play it! They played the song that had been on TV, on the trailers. Whether Mika's song came on after that one finished, I don't know. I waited a while but the song was long, so I doubt Mika's song came next. :mf_rosetinted:

The only thing I'm wondering is... Since we missed the very beginning of the movie, maybe Mika's song got played at the beginning. I really hope that was the case, otherwise it's just not fair!

But the movie is deffinately worth watching!

Marilyn they do play it. This is what I mean when I say that people don't stay for the credits. I have heard the song myself, I work in a cinema. It's the SECOND SONG. SECOND. First it's a woman singing, and then it's Mika singing at the end. I've heard it with my very own ears. I was singing to it and dancing to it in the cinema when everyone had left and I was picking up everyone's rubbish and sweeping up everyone's popcorn because people leave their manners at home. :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by CazGirl

Marilyn they do play it. This is what I mean when I say that people don't stay for the credits. I have heard the song myself, I work in a cinema. It's the SECOND SONG. SECOND. First it's a woman singing, and then it's Mika singing at the end. I've heard it with my very own ears. I was singing to it and dancing to it in the cinema when everyone had left and I was picking up everyone's rubbish and sweeping up everyone's popcorn because people leave their manners at home. :mf_rosetinted:

I'm really glad to hear that, but on the other hand, I think his song should be FIRST! I can't imagine people staying sat down for that long. In the cinema I was in, everyone had gone out. We were the last ones in there and the song still hadn't come on! I honestly thought they wern't going to play it, so we left too. I was so disappointed. But now that people know it's the second song, they will know what to expect at the end.

I'm hoping that when they bring out the video of the movie, will also have Mika's pop vid as a bonus feature.

I'm really glad to hear that, but on the other hand, I think his song should be FIRST! I can't imagine people staying sat down for that long. In the cinema I was in, everyone had gone out. We were the last ones in there and the song still hadn't come on! I honestly thought they wern't going to play it, so we left too. I was so disappointed. But now that people know it's the second song, they will know what to expect at the end.

I'm hoping that when they bring out the video of the movie, will also have Mika's pop vid as a bonus feature.

I agree, I don't like it being at the end either and don't think it really belongs there, but most theme songs are at the very end of the credits, so...

My thoughts exactly. Though if the vid was for sale on iTunes I'd buy it.

Incidentally, does anybody know why WAG is the last of his vids to be sold on there- there's about three versions of some of the LICM ones. And it's a download, so it's not like there's huge economic reasons like with a physical cd :dunno:

I agree, I don't like it being at the end either and don't think it really belongs there, but most theme songs are at the very end of the credits, so...

Yeah I agree too- but best of all (IMO) is to be the song with the trailer clips- and his was that

Can't wait

My thoughts exactly. Though if the vid was for sale on iTunes I'd buy it.

Incidentally, does anybody know why WAG is the last of his vids to be sold on there- there's about three versions of some of the LICM ones. And it's a download, so it's not like there's huge economic reasons like with a physical cd :dunno:

Destined to be bonus items on the next DVD?:wink2:

I tried to watch it now from Mikasounds channel and I got this "This video contains content from UMG. It is no longer available"

What the hell?!!! :annoyed_h4h: It's HIS official channel!

I tried to watch it now from Mikasounds channel and I got this "This video contains content from UMG. It is no longer available"

What the hell?!!! :annoyed_h4h: It's HIS official channel!

OMG ... That is flipping ridiculous :lmfao:

OMG ... That is flipping ridiculous :lmfao:

Isn't it? I checked and it says the same for the other KA videos uploaded. I don't get it, seriously :blink:

Is this the whole Universal vs Youtube thing that was going on a couple of months ago? I can't remember well but I think there was some sort of a dispute between them..

Can I just say that the iTunes extra 30 min Mika and Matthew Vaughan conversation is (IMO) one of the best Mika things I've heard? It's really intelligent (by my standards anyway) as two enthusiasts talk about music and movies etc. Turned out they are both crazy for American Civil War songs (which incidentally, I was when I was at uni) :blink: then MV raved about the Banana Splits and Mika raved about Yo Dabba Dabba... I'm really surprised no-one else has mentioned it. I was in two minds about buying the soundtrack anyway and the promise of a conversation tipped the balance.

That's just my opinion though.

I wish I could see it! :sneaky2:

And I hate how KA is the 2nd song... it's going to be hard to convince my sis (and poss Dad) to stay that long after the credits..... :boxed:

Isn't it? I checked and it says the same for the other KA videos uploaded. I don't get it, seriously :blink:

Is this the whole Universal vs Youtube thing that was going on a couple of months ago?

That is crap. They did that to his other vid's on his official channel, it's really stupid. :sneaky2:

Well I am completely confused (I know it doesn't take much...:wink2:)

If I go directly into iTunes and type in Kick Ass, I seem to only be able to buy the Kick Ass (We Are Young) single as part of the album.

If I go in via the MS link, I can get the EP with the other two Mika tracks. Due to having tourettes of the fingers I now seem to have pre-ordered it three times :roftl:

Is this the whole Universal vs Youtube thing that was going on a couple of months ago? I can't remember well but I think there was some sort of a dispute between them..

Universal owns the VEVO channel so they probably want all the official music videos distributed through the MIKAVEVO channel. But they should really tell whoever is running Mikasoundsofficial. :freak:

I'll see if we can mention it to Team Mika. They should either allow MSO to run the video or the MSO profile page should have a redirect to MIKAVEVO. Not too smart making it appear as if his official page doesn't have rights to his own videos. :doh: