• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget your I.D. :mf_rosetinted:

I didn't get carded, oddly enough. :dunno:

:naughty:

We really enjoyed the movie. Great flick and it turns out much of it was shot in Toronto so we had fun spotting all the familiar sights that were loosely disguised at New York. At one point the characters go to a movie...and it was the same cinema we were in watching Kick Ass! :roftl:

The cinema is on the street that I live and another shot was right on Zoots' street. You could see a huge billboard for her housing development. :teehee:

Anyway great show, the audience loved it and there were still a few dozen people in the theatre when Mika's Kick-Ass started playing. :biggrin2:

We really enjoyed the movie. Great flick and it turns out much of it was shot in Toronto so we had fun spotting all the familiar sights that were loosely disguised at New York. At one point the characters go to a movie...and it was the same cinema we were in watching Kick Ass! :roftl:

The cinema is on the street that I live and another shot was right on Zoots' street. You could see a huge billboard for her housing development. :teehee:

Anyway great show, the audience loved it and there were still a few dozen people in the theatre when Mika's Kick-Ass started playing. :biggrin2:

Toronto audiences obviously have class when it comes to waiting for Mika :thumb_yello: don't think anyone elsewhere has reported anyone else still in for him

I'll just mention in passing that I saw Atonement in a cinema that features in the film (admittedly as a bar rather than a cinema) However, unlike in Toronto, having a movie in Redcar obsessed the whole population for months- we all thought it was a war movie and were a bit taken aback when we finally saw it

I'll just mention in passing that I saw Atonement in a cinema that features in the film (admittedly as a bar rather than a cinema) However, unlike in Toronto, having a movie in Redcar obsessed the whole population for months- we all thought it was a war movie and were a bit taken aback when we finally saw it

Oh what was it about? Why did everyone think it was about the war?

They use Toronto for movies and TV a lot. It's much cheaper to film here than in NYC. The movies they produced years ago would be pretty second rate but with CGI and using some real NYC footage they can do a very convincing job of making the Toronto shots look like NYC.

The scene in Mika's video where the guy is jumping off the tall building in that suit with wings...that is a Toronto building. But unless you know Toronto well enough to recognize the building or know NYC so well that you know it's absolutely not a building in NYC...you wouldn't spot it. They altered some of the surrounding scenery so it's almost like they've created a new city that is neither Toronto nor NYC.

LOL! That's so cool! Your street is famous now! :roftl:

Hey MFCers! :biggrin2:

I just wanted to say, I got to see Kick Ass last night (it was opening night here in PA) and it was pretty awesome. But the best part was that my bff and I arrived early, and caught the ending credits from the previous showing, and right as we sat down, Mika's song came on!! We were singing and kinda dancing along with it haha and it got us pumped to actually watch the movie! I hope to hear this song on the radio over here! Can't wait for the single to come out :):clap:

Hey MFCers! :biggrin2:

I just wanted to say, I got to see Kick Ass last night (it was opening night here in PA) and it was pretty awesome. But the best part was that my bff and I arrived early, and caught the ending credits from the previous showing, and right as we sat down, Mika's song came on!! We were singing and kinda dancing along with it haha and it got us pumped to actually watch the movie! I hope to hear this song on the radio over here! Can't wait for the single to come out :):clap:

kewl!

That sounds great!

I wish they would play Mika singing Kick Ass when the credits start comingup.

More people would get to hear it.

kewl!

That sounds great!

I wish they would play Mika singing Kick Ass when the credits start comingup.

More people would get to hear it.

Yeah I know, me too! It could have even played during part of the last "shoot out"....when Kick Ass arrives the way he does...just my opinion, but I don't want to ruin anything for anyone who hasn't seen it. However, there were about 5 people in the theater while we were singing Mika's song and they seemed to get a kick out of us so maybe that song got stuck in their head then?? hahaha I'm very hopeful.

Yeah I know, me too! It could have even played during part of the last "shoot out"....when Kick Ass arrives the way he does...just my opinion, but I don't want to ruin anything for anyone who hasn't seen it. However, there were about 5 people in the theater while we were singing Mika's song and they seemed to get a kick out of us so maybe that song got stuck in their head then?? hahaha I'm very hopeful.

Your idea (timing) sounds better.:thumb_yello:

I wonder why thye didn't do that?:shocked::shocked:

Your idea (timing) sounds better.:thumb_yello:

I wonder why thye didn't do that?:shocked::shocked:

Haha thanks :D I don't know, but good or bad, it would've gotten people talking about it. I'm trying to find email links on my local radio stations websites to request it, but they keep it well hidden...hmm... :sneaky2:

I'm seeing it tomorrow :boing:

Have fun! :biggrin2:

Here it will come out on the 21st... I'm really looking forward to it! I try to convince my brother to come with me :naughty:

It's such an awesome movie! Worth the wait :)

Yahoo!

Kick Ass the movie is running #1 in North America with actual results from Friday & estimated results for the rest of the weekend.

Now Mika's kick Ass the single needs to start it's hit run!

GO MIKA!! KICK ASS!!

Am I a really bad person/fan cos' I don't even plan on trying to see it ... :dunno: I'll wait for it on DVD maybe ... but ... it's not really my kind of film :teehee:

No you aren't.

Just judging what Mika said about it - it is quite violent & unsual.

I love the soong - but I don't think I will like the movie.

Am I a really bad person/fan cos' I don't even plan on trying to see it ... :dunno: I'll wait for it on DVD maybe ... but ... it's not really my kind of film :teehee:

You're not a bad fan! If Mika had made the song for a war movie, I don't think I would have wanted to see it! It's not because Mika does something that we HAVE to like it right? I mean, it's the way I see it. But it actually happens that "Kick Ass" IS my kind of film and I saw the trailer and I really want to see it :D Everybody has their one tastes and colours (as we'd say in French ^^) :dunno:

I agree. I say if you want to go see it, then def go see it...Hit Girl really makes the movie!! (at least for me) And if you don't, that's cool too. It is a lot more violent than what I thought it'd be...but if you've seen Ghost Ship and survived, you'll easily make it through this movie haha

yeah, it's the violence that worries me a bit...i like the movie from seeing the trailers, and also that kind of over the top humour and explicit language, that's fine for me. but i don't like to see lots of blood - if lots of people get killed, ok, as long as it doesn't look too realistic and i don't get to see any details. :rolls_eyes: from what i heard though, it does, and that's what worries me a bit... maybe someone who has seen the movie can tell me at which points i should rather close my eyes if i don't want to see lots of blood? :fisch:

maybe someone who has seen the movie can tell me at which points i should rather close my eyes if i don't want to see lots of blood? :fisch:

I just sort of unfocused my eyes when it was getting gruesome. :naughty: I don't think you need to be warned by us. You'll see it coming for the most part. There's a part for instance when a guy is holding a pair of metal cutters to someone's finger...so you know it's only a matter of time before things get ugly. :naughty:

yeah, it's the violence that worries me a bit...i like the movie from seeing the trailers, and also that kind of over the top humour and explicit language, that's fine for me. but i don't like to see lots of blood - if lots of people get killed, ok, as long as it doesn't look too realistic and i don't get to see any details. :rolls_eyes: from what i heard though, it does, and that's what worries me a bit... maybe someone who has seen the movie can tell me at which points i should rather close my eyes if i don't want to see lots of blood? :fisch:

I saw the movie, and I really liked it. I mean I rarely like this genre. It was violent yes, and I closed my eyes a few times :teehee: but it was not realistic violence and I liked the humour in the movie, it was quite hilarious.

I went to see it on a premiere day and the theater was not even half booked, I was surprised. Mostly superhero nerds :teehee: I got a fab Kick Ass/Hit Girl t-shirt too :thumb_yello: