Mika's new "kick-ass" single

LilStar

:shocked: Oh my ... the world will end now - armageddon is coming ... Caz has plastic :aah:

:teehee:

DEBIT card, not credit card :teehee:

Oh - and I'm very money conscious. In fact, I'm probably a bit frugal. I protect my money quite a lot :aah:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DEBIT card, not credit card :teehee:

Oh - and I'm very money conscious. In fact, I'm probably a bit frugal. I protect my money quite a lot :aah:

Sensible girl :naughty: I only have a debit card too :thumb_yello: I only buy something if I can afford it. If I don't have the money, it's either save up or go without.

And back to the topic:

I hate it when stuff is only available on download. If Kick Ass isn't made available as a CD, I will probably get the track another way (= sale lost).

It's still plastic :shun:

:naughty:

Sensible girl :naughty: I only have a debit card too :thumb_yello: I only buy something if I can afford it. If I don't have the money, it's either save up or go without.

Thing is, I didn't apply for one when I was 18 because I thought I'd use a debit card too much. With a cash card, you have to get the money out of the machine and therefore I could check how much money I had in my account and re-think about my purchase. I know you can still do that with a debit card, but I didn't want to use it on a whim and pay for things in shops without keeping a check, y'know? I didn't want to get lazy and end up spending all my money. Does that make sense?

My family thought I was NUTS, but I thought it was a smart thing to do to be honest. It was a way to control my finances.

But now that I am older, there are things I'd like to pay online for such as gig tickets or merchandise or things from another country. I shouldn't have to ask my parents for things all the time because I need to become a responsible adult, stand on my own two feet and learn self control. I have a lot of things to pay out for; house keeping, phone bill, monthly train ticket, dance fees, dance costumes etc. Thankfully my holiday for France is paid for but I need to save money so I can spend stuff out there. I know it's nothing in comparison to some people because they have mortgages and house bills, but when you have a minimum wage job that keep cutting down hours it can be difficult.

So...I'm very conscious...

Thing is, I didn't apply for one when I was 18 because I thought I'd use a debit card too much. With a cash card, you have to get the money out of the machine and therefore I could check how much money I had in my account and re-think about my purchase. I know you can still do that with a debit card, but I didn't want to use it on a whim and pay for things in shops without keeping a check, y'know? I didn't want to get lazy and end up spending all my money. Does that make sense?

My family thought I was NUTS, but I thought it was a smart thing to do to be honest. It was a way to control my finances.

But now that I am older, there are things I'd like to pay online for such as gig tickets or merchandise or things from another country. I shouldn't have to ask my parents for things all the time because I need to become a responsible adult, stand on my own two feet and learn self control. I have a lot of things to pay out for; house keeping, phone bill, monthly train ticket, dance fees, dance costumes etc. Thankfully my holiday for France is paid for but I need to save money so I can spend stuff out there. I know it's nothing in comparison to some people because they have mortgages and house bills, but when you have a minimum wage job that keep cutting down hours it can be difficult.

So...I'm very conscious...

That's smart! I impulse buy too much but I always make sure I've got the money, just in case. You're thinking is awesome! :biggrin2:

That's smart! I impulse buy too much but I always make sure I've got the money, just in case. You're thinking is awesome! :biggrin2:

I'm glad someone thinks so LOL :roftl: not having a debit card does limit you, that's the downside, because you can't buy things online with a cash card...

I like the song from the soundtrack of "Kick ass" or in German said, geil!!! Will the song be available? Mika said it's only for the soundtrack, by the way, there are so many songs of him which are not available. I hope I can translate right: Why could a man who has so many talents, at least could look awful? Mika has all...

In Germany it is available for download from TODAY on.

Just downloaded mine, so it's ineed true! :groupwave:

Here's the link to the German amazon page.

http://www.amazon.de/Kick-Ass-Explicit/dp/B003GDUC9C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1272581261&sr=8-3

It's also on musicload

http://www.musicload.de/mika-vs-redone/kick-ass/musik/maxi/7081262_2

Go download it people! :thumb_yello:

downloaded on amazon! :biggrin2: it's only 1,49 euro for the whole single (3 songs)! and now i know why it says "explicit" on it... that live version of BIOTG, he plays the wrong key on the piano and shouts something that includes his fave f word... :naughty: btw, don't think i've heard that live version before, does anyone know where it is from? :blink: it doesn't say on amazon. :aah:

downloaded on amazon! :biggrin2: it's only 1,49 euro for the whole single (3 songs)! and now i know why it says "explicit" on it... that live version of BIOTG, he plays the wrong key on the piano and shouts something that includes his fave f word... :naughty: btw, don't think i've heard that live version before, does anyone know where it is from? :blink: it doesn't say on amazon. :aah:

On musicload it says "live from Itunes Festival 2009"

Btw, is it available on itunes? Somehow I didn't find it there - weird :blink: (the Kick ass single)

Edited by mariposa

On musicload it says "live from Itunes Festival 2009"

Btw, is it available on itunes? Somehow I didn't find it there - weird :blink: (the Kick ass single)

The official release date is Monday May 3rd!

:woot_jump::woot_jump:

The official release date is Monday May 3rd!

:woot_jump::woot_jump:

So.. Radio stations can start playing it on this day? :biggrin2:

I really, really hope my radio station will acknowlege it, I've e-mailed them, and they e-mailed me back... :mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao: :lmfao: it was rather funny.. :teehee:

So.. Radio stations can start playing it on this day? :biggrin2:

I really, really hope my radio station will acknowlege it, I've e-mailed them, and they e-mailed me back... :mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao: :lmfao: it was rather funny.. :teehee:

I don't know how that works.

103.9 PROUD-FM in Toronto has been playing Kick Ass for about two to three weeks.

I know Radio 1 in Britain has been playing it.

103.9 PROUD-FM in Toronto has been playing Kick Ass for about two to three weeks.

Our Radio Station hasn't played it.. as always.. :sad:

I've requested it, and they emailed me back saying they can only play the "top hits".. but I beleive Kick Ass belongs in the "top hits" and not that crazy stuff they play. :lol3:

Our Radio Station hasn't played it.. as always.. :sad:

I've requested it, and they emailed me back saying they can only play the "top hits".. but I beleive Kick Ass belongs in the "top hits" and not that crazy stuff they play. :lol3:

I agree!

Also how can Kick Ass become a top hit if they won't play it????

I agree!

Also how can Kick Ass become a top hit if they won't play it????

AMEN! :aah:

that's exactly what I was thinking!!

On the day it's released, I want to call my radio station... BUT, I am 14 years old, and I don't think my parents would be too happy hearing me say,"Kick Ass" :no:

I'm gonna send it by text and on their website kazillions of times, though. :naughty:

On the day it's released, I want to call my radio station... BUT, I am 14 years old, and I don't think my parents would be too happy hearing me say,"Kick Ass" :no:

I'm gonna send it by text and on their website kazillions of times, though. :naughty:

On British radio stations they call it "We Are Young."

I really want this to be a big hit for Mika but don't see how it can be. Two days before it's release and it's receiving next to no airplay, Mika's not here to promote it with TV appearances - he's not even singing it live.

It deserves to do well but hardly anyone even knows it exists - sadly I think this will be the 3rd single to bomb in a row.

And I still dont understand why it wasnt released to coincide with the film coming out?

And I still dont understand why it wasnt released to coincide with the film coming out?

Yep, I haven't even heard it in the commercial....though I might not be paying enough attention...I don't even remember seeing a commercial...is there even a movie? *runs away to find out*

Ok yes there is but, neither are getting that much attention.

The title of the song is Kick-Ass (We Are Young) So just call it We Are Young, by Mika.

Radio One? Are you sure? I know radio 2 are playing it, but it's not even on R1's playlist.