REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika - 2nd Night @ Hammersmith Apollo, London MARCH 1 2010

Fmbm

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could I just say, what a lot of fun it was having statue_of_liberty hanging out with us over the 2 days:thumb_yello:

She's brilliant and if your ever at a gig with her in Germany, I hope you enjoy her company, as much as we did.

Could I just say, what a lot of fun it was having statue_of_liberty hanging out with us over the 2 days:thumb_yello:

She's brilliant and if your ever at a gig with her in Germany, I hope you enjoy her company, as much as we did.

I agree! And she made some fabulous pics!

Hi..... was lovely to meet everyone especially tiibet,lilibet ,suzie ,statue-liberty,and mellody ( and others who can,t remember names sorry).... my 4th Mika concert thought it was AMAZING... have been reding MFC for a good 2 years now !! but terrible computor skills... I have a good couple of pics will try and post ..if not here then twitter ( may take a while to work out how ) !!....my next one is Dusseldorf xxxxR X

It was lovely to meet you, I hope we'll meet in Dusseldorf!!! :biggrin2:

Yes, she was so much fun!! :thumb_yello: And Monie, I was so glad to finally meet you, I saw you in paris, but we didn't talk that time at all. And Dani and all Italian fans, and lovely French girls, I hope I will see you all again!!

I absolutely need to post my report too!Was an excited night because I was a Big Girl (one of the too many of us :roftl:) and I had an amazing night! I met some nice girls in the backstage!Plus Mrs P and Yasmine were amazing with us, always kind and very friendly!But let's start from the beginning!

I was @ Apollo around 12 AM and I was freezing :boxed: I chatted a bit with some people I recognized. Then a security guy came and told us to leave the front of the Apollo till 4 PM (I didn't hear the reason) and then came John and told us to come back at 4 PM if we wanted to be BG or LG.

At 4 PM I was there and John came...I was already thinking to try to do a BG...so I joined the group....but we were too much so not all of us could join.

We went into the Apollo through the backstage door and Mrs P chose us. I couldn't believe it...I was chosen!YAY!!

So the practise began and we had few problems because we were not synchronized and also Mrs P was a bit worry that Mika would get angry because they were a LOT like the previous day!!

They had to adjust the costumes and also to find new masks.

Then they decided to show us the stage and while we walked like zombies (ok....sort of) I looked where I was supposed to throw the flower at and I saw Mika laid on the floor that was smiling at us and I almost died!Great start I thought!!

Then we got dressed (and we got also lost inside the Apollo :roftl:) and we went to see the 1st part of the show (people looked us like weird person.. :mf_rosetinted:). Then was the time...we went on stage and people in the crowd screamed a lot (it was fun....like they know us :aah:) and we did the zombie part. Yasmine waited for us in the backstage and she said that she didn't saw us but someone told her we did it good!I was proud :thumb_yello:

Then we waited in the dressing room and finally Lollipop arrived!We went on stage again to dance like crazy!!!AMAZING :blush-anim-cl:

After the performance I was going to the dressing room to change my clothes, I was the first in the line, and I saw Imma and she said "thanks" and I smiled at her!Then I saw Mika at the top of the stairs (he was going to enter in his dressroom) and he smiled and said "Well done" I said him "thank you very much for this experience" I was on cloud 9!!

After we change the clothes John brought us into Mika's dressroom. He was smiling even if he seemed tired. We took pictures in groups and I gave him a small present. He said he loved it and check it with happiness :wub2: then he signed my mobile (I had nothing to sign and I was...like....:shocked:). He made a heart and his signature on it :wub2: well done Mika!Just what I wanted!

Then we said him goodbye and we were outside.

I took few pics when he met fans.

You can have a look here.

http://s574.photobucket.com/albums/ss190/Sarinachan/Mika%20at%20London%20Hammersmith%20Apollo%20March%201st/

here' s lovely preview :mf_lustslow:

Senzatitolo-1.jpg

It was AMAZING to be part of the show! I'd like to thank Mrs P and Yasmine because they were great with us! Mika because he deserves the best!! And thanks to the other girls with me!!!

awww Sarina!!! what a great report!!! :huglove:

I've been waiting to read it!!!:teehee:

Then they decided to show us the stage and while we walked like zombies (ok....sort of) I looked where I was supposed to throw the flower at and I saw Mika laid on the floor that was smiling at us and I almost died!Great start I thought!!

:lmfao:

i would have had a heart attack!!:roftl:

I'm glad you had a great time!! :huglove:

I uploaded these from Monday:

SITM

Any other World:

Blue Eyes:

Happy Ending:

Maybe someone can update the list on the first page? I might have something more, but can't upload them yet.

awww Sarina!!! what a great report!!! :huglove:

I've been waiting to read it!!!:teehee:

Thank you hun!I'm still so so happy :wub2:

:lmfao:

i would have had a heart attack!!:roftl:

lol...it was absolutely brilliant!I wish I could see my face in that very moment :naughty::roftl:

Thanks for your lovely report, Sarina!! And that pic is just :mf_lustslow:

Thank you so much!

Yes...aww...this pic is so cute...I love his sparkling eyes :mf_lustslow:

I uploaded these from Monday:

SITM

Any other World:

Blue Eyes:

Happy Ending:

Maybe someone can update the list on the first page? I might have something more, but can't upload them yet.

I love them!!

Thanks a LOT :bow: :bow:

Ok I have just skimmed a bit the thread, will have to read and check this one very well because I was actually there! Just for the very first time. At last! My very first Mika gig.

I can't do a report now, I haven't had scarcely time. All I'm saying is that is very nice to meet you all. Met a whole bunch of you. It was actually a very fun day from the beginning to the end. Much better than imagined, maybe because I had no expectancies taking into account what people says about chaotic and crazy London gigs.

I met a lot of you, some others I'm afraid not, there was so many people! Silver, Rak1, Laurel, Monie, Suzzie_onMFC (?), Mellody, Statue-of-liberty, tiibet, Dark Angel, Jazzy. Kasia_xxx, Sumiko, 2 Italian girls I don't remember the name now, and I'm sure there are more sorry to forget!! It was lovely! I heard a lot in the past that the whole experience is something amazing very difficult to forget, and it sure was!!

Managed to do a lot of things I couldn't even imagined from the beginning - just because nobody knows what can happen in a London gig with so many people

- managed to speak to John a couple of good minutes and he was actually soooo kind and polite, wished me to have a good time, shook my hand as well and told me literally that "I brought the sun" (it was a bit sunny that day) so nice of him :wub2:

- managed to talk to people when I'm shy in fact, and my English is really awful!

- managed to arrive soon and get a yellow ticket.

- managed to be front row woah!!

- get a good bunch of nice clips inside (which I haven't seen yet :blink:)

- managed to give Mika a little pressie, the one featured in the agency pics: the little red plastic bag :naughty: Hope he likes it!

- managed to get a cd signed, which I adore because it's something I can watch offline when I switch off the pc.

- managed to get a veeery good rest after the gig when I thought I wouldn't.

Unrelated but funny:

- And finally the cherry on top.... Jack from tv-series Lost in my plane back home :roftl::lmfao: He was part of the cabin crew. I actually told him that and he was surprised to hear so. Silly little me couldn't just keep it to myself :roftl:

I'll check pics and clips when the time is right and will upload if any of you is interested :thumb_yello:

Edited by hathor

I met a lot of you, some others I'm afraid not, there was so many people! Silver, Rak1, Laurel, Monie, Suzzie_onMFC (?), Mellody, Statue-of-liberty, tiibet, Dark Angel, Jazzy. Kasia_xxx, Sumiko, 2 Italian girls I don't remember the name now, and I'm sure there are more sorry to forget!! It was lovely! I heard a lot in the past that the whole experience is something amazing very difficult to forget, and it sure was!!

It was great to meet you too:thumb_yello:

I am simply `Suzie` and Suziefrommfc on twitter:wink2:

..I will catch up with this thread over the weekend when I get back home after Bristol.

Ok I have just skimmed a bit the thread, will have to read and check this one very well because I was actually there! Just for the very first time. At last! My very first Mika gig.

I can't do a report now, I haven't had scarcely time. All I'm saying is that is very nice to meet you all. Met a whole bunch of you. It was actually a very fun day from the beginning to the end. Much better than imagined, maybe because I had no expecatncies taking into account what people says about chaotic and crazy London gigs.

Managed to do a lot of things I couldn't even imagined from the beginning - just because nobody knows what can happen in a London gig with so many people

- managed to speak to John a couple of good minutes and he was actually soooo kind and polite, shook my hand as well and told me I brought the sun" (it was a bit sunny that day) soo nice of him :wub2:

- managed to talk to people when I'm shy in fact, and my English is really awful!

- managed to arrive soon and get a yellow ticket.

- managed to be front row woah!!

- get a good bunch of nice clips inside (which I haven't seen yet :blink:)

- managed to give Mika a little pressie, the one featured in the agency pics: the little red plastic bag :naughty: Hope he likes it!

- managed to get a cd signed, which I adore because it's something I can watch it offline.

- managed to get a veeery good rest after the gig when I thought I wouldn't.

Unrelated but funny:

- And finally the cherry on top.... Jack from tv-series Lost in my plane back home :roftl::lmfao: He was actually part of the cabin crew. I actually told him that and he was surprised to hear so. Silly little me had to say that to him :roftl:

I'll check pics and clips when the time is right and will upload if anybody is interested :thumb_yello:

It was a real pleasure to meet you and hang out with you for the day, we had a lot of fun:wink2:

You had me going there for a minute, I really thought you were on the plane with Keifer Sutherland!:naughty:

It was a real pleasure to meet you and hang out with you for the day, we had a lot of fun:wink2:

You had me going there for a minute, I really thought you were on the plane with Keifer Sutherland!:naughty:

You're mixing Lost with 24 Rose. :roftl:

oh... god.... :shocked:

:blush-anim-cl:

So much eye contact with everyone, lots of smiling, and the energy from everyone on stage last night, was beyond electric, in fact I think it could have powered the National Grid for a week, add to that the energy from the audience, that would be a month!!

And everyting went right too!

He said it would be his last gig in London for quite some time, and that got a lot of sad "Awwwws", and he said it was great to be able to sing all the songs in a place like Hammersmith, which he had written in a garage just down the road, which got a big cheer. He seemed to be in a reflective mood last night. it was cool to see that side of him.

Silver brought her feather boa again last night, which we waved during Doctor John, and after I asked him if he saw it, to which he said yes, then I asked him if he liked it and it was okay, and he said, he did and it was it was, then I asked him if he thought I still needed help, to which he replied "always, but that's okay, because we all do." I love our little chats. LOL!!!

The queueing last night was a bit different due to the filming they were doing during the day, but it wasn't tense, quite the opposite, everyone seemed happier with their places, which proves it can work. And a lot of people didn't turn up til well after midday, and still got front row.

The M&G after was almost a complete nightmare! They didn't do the barriers like they did on Sunday, and people were just not doing as security asked, and getting in line after the barrier stopped!

Jazzy already mentioned the Japanese girls, but it wasn't just them, a few others tried to line across the pavement, instead of lining up down it. I tapped them on the shoulder and asked them to get in line like security asked, and to play fair to those behind them, which they did, but a few minutes later some others did it, and I asked them to get behind the others in front of them and stared them out til they did.

I felt bad for Caz, as the Japanese girls stopped her getting a signature, was really unfair, as it was for her friend!

In all though, it was a hell of a night, and one to go down in Mika history.

I truly agree about the eye contact thing... impressive :blush-anim-cl:

he defo must be sick of seeing us over and over, poor thing.. :roftl:

as for the M&G after the gigs.. usual story. he hardly could concentrate on anyone as people came from nowhere and jumped in front of other people from every direction. :boxed:

This is the review from the Daily Telegraph:

Shiny, happy families

Since releasing his multi-million selling debut album Life In Cartoon Motion in 2007, Mika, the lanky, tousle-haired Lebanese falsetto singer, has been loved and loathed with equal force. Yet, for a musician who divides opinion, much here lacked spark at first.

The sunny guitar of Blue Eyes, taken from last year's album The Boy Who Knew Too Much, and the Disneyesque ballad Any Other World (?) made you wonder why grown men and women would flock to see this children's entertainer.

An answer seemed to come in the middle of the set in a welcome and wonderfully odd moment of pagan ritual. After the saccharine Happy Ending, the doll's house that had made up part of the backdrop suddenly burned down and images of skulls appeared. As Mika broke into his most camp disco track, Love Today, on marched an army of girls in masks - bird, pig and elephant heads as well as skulls.

A mini riot ensued in the audience as Mika commanded them to jump up and down, sending rows of mums into a polite rendition of the punk pogo.

Blinding stage lights shone out on to the crowd, and as the happy faces of clusters of families shone back, the appeal became clear: Mika offers the kind of show that unites generations with a mix of earnest emotion and bizarre, colourful pop, revved up with high levels of audience participation.

Tim Burrows ***