Mika on Jools Holland R2 Show 22 March 2010

silver

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LA3M5I6N

Finally, the whole interview has been uploaded. It took more than 1,5 hours:shocked:

The last part of GGG is cut:sneaky2:

Yeah, emka posted her version before.

But two are better than none:teehee:

Thanks so much for the links, girls! :huglove:

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've always really liked that Elton song..a very underrated song I think.

I thought Mika sang it very well, his lower register is to die for and he should definitely use it more often.

I still prefer the original though as I always feel that Mika doesn't really connect lyrically with his cover versions, however good his voice sounds.

I agree with you, too:wink2:

I only found one cover version of this song by Mary J Blige singing it with Elton and it doesn't work at all...:no:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBbMJJNCOzo

No one connects better with Elton John songs than George Michael, but it was a really good try from Mika:mf_lustslow:

:biggrin2:

So, well done...:thumb_yello:

:ot:

Feel like I'm always criticising His Curliness on here these days. I don't post much any more and when I do I am dissin Da Mastah :blink:. But it had to be said and after all it's only a teeny weeny critiicism really :teehee:.

I have always liked your comments and usually agree with them so please post more often :puppy_eyes:

I still prefer the original though as I always feel that Mika doesn't really connect lyrically with his cover versions, however good his voice sounds.

I was feeling this while I was listening to it and I'm glad you articulated it because I was just thinking that the phrasing wasn't really "right" (even though I like it sometimes because it sounds appealing, it doesn't fit the lyrics).

I think the exceptions are Everybody's Talkin' and my favourite, Satellite.

yes, the lyrics of Everybody's Talkin' sound as if they were written about him and I think they connect with many of us, too.

I was feeling this while I was listening to it and I'm glad you articulated it because I was just thinking that the phrasing wasn't really "right" (even though I like it sometimes because it sounds appealing, it doesn't fit the lyrics).

Satellite :fangurl:

...Just listened to the whole interview. :wub2:I think Jools Holland really likes him.:teehee:

I am really pleased that now he is talking about approaching the songwriting process for the next album in a more organic way, (i.e taking time off when he can instead of talking several months off...etc.). I guess that should work out better by definition.

...and he is going to Nashville for inspiration.....:roftl:

Here is a new post of Mika performing Pick Up Off The Floor at Jools.

It isn't from last night.

That one was for a tv show last September:wink2:

The radio show last night was recorded recently and I don't expect video images to turn up for that one.

Yesterday night I listened to Mika at Jools, but I was so sleepy! Now I'm listening again. I hear Mika singing the Elton John song! God, I just love that.

Sinds I was twelve I've been Elton John fan! And now my lovely Mika is singing one of his songs! Amazing! :thumb_yello:Just as good! I could cry, time goes by so quickly!

...Just listened to the whole interview. :wub2:I think Jools Holland really likes him.:teehee:

I am really pleased that now he is talking about approaching the songwriting process for the next album in a more organic way, (i.e taking time off when he can instead of talking several months off...etc.). I guess that should work out better by definition.

If he comes out with a country song I will.....:sneaky2::naughty:

He with double hockey sticks, I think I'd buy it anyway even though I dislike country. :naughty:

If he comes out with a country song I will.....:sneaky2::naughty:

He with double hockey sticks, I think I'd buy it anyway even though I dislike country. :naughty:

I don't think Mika will do that.

Now I can't stop listening to Kick-Ass & I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues - all day - many times!

:roftl::roftl::teehee::shocked:

Just listening to the cover. I think it's not bad but it sort of lacks feeling. If you compare it to the original by Elton John.

Very enjoyable but no match on its original.

Weird, I had the opposite impression and I just love it. :blink: Perhaps it's because I don't know the original very well. :dunno:

That was a really interesting interview. It's always great to hear him talk about the music and the artists that inspire him.

The cover of "I guess thats why they call it the blues" was really powerful in my opinion.

I love that he sung a bit of La solitude again:wub2: I really dont understand why he says that he's not comfortable doing covers when he can perform a song like La Solitude so beautifully.

Hi yes i agree, I think Jools has always supported him and the style of Jools TV shows really sit well with Mika. Jools is a cool guy too.

:biggrin2:

That was a really interesting interview. It's always great to hear him talk about the music and the artists that inspire him.

The cover of "I guess thats why they call it the blues" was really powerful in my opinion.

I love that he sung a bit of La solitude again:wub2: I really dont understand why he says that he's not comfortable doing covers when he can perform a song like La Solitude so beautifully.

Totally agree with you, I was sitting there listening, wishing that he'd do the whole song!!!! And more!!! :roftl:

I absolutely loved it. He sang it so beautifully :wub2:

Archived