REPORTS/PICS/VIDS - Mika in Wiesbaden, Germany @ Schlachthof March 21 2010

guylainem123

Just back from the gig. I loved it!!! :mf_lustslow: I'm still kind of high... :biggrin2:

Queuing was a bit difficult but John - our hero - helped us and saved the evening :wub2: The venue looked quite ugly from the outside, from the inside it was okay, very hot during the gig though. The support act was okay, not good and not bad.

Mika was brilliant :wub2: He did OMS and Touches You :biggrin2: He had some conversation with a fan from Brazil during the gig... No big mistakes, just sang "Georgia" twice in GGG but noticed it and changed it into a "Georapril" :naughty

The very best part of everthing was the M+G afterwards. I gave him my present (an Aye-Aye :naughty:) which he found "scary" at first but when I told him that I made it he suddenly changed his mind and loved it :naughty:

I probably forgot important things, will post them tomorrow.

Mellody will write her report in a few minutes so you'll get more details :biggrin2

Made some good pics, too. But I'm touring a bit and will have to post them later (after Berlin or Munich).

BTW: this is my post nr 100! :yay:

thx for the repost

lucky brazilan girl :wub2:

will be looking forward for your piccies... all the piccies you have posted so far has been amazing and amaing quality :thumb_yello:

contratz w. the 100 posts :yay::huglove:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He didn't mention the smell :biggrin2: I didn't notice anything but some in my area were cinvinced it smelled like blood. After they read Mika's tweet, of course :mf_rosetinted:

And yes, they played "Kick-Ass" right after the gig. It was funny, because nobody left and the whole first row was screaming, dancing and singing as if Mika was still on stage :naughty:

He didn't mention the smell :biggrin2: I didn't notice anything but some in my area were cinvinced it smelled like blood. After they read Mika's tweet, of course :mf_rosetinted:

And yes, they played "Kick-Ass" right after the gig. It was funny, because nobody left and the whole first row was screaming, dancing and singing as if Mika was still on stage :naughty:

Excellent!!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Sorry, my english is **** so a few words only. It wasn't the best gig ever for me- but is was still ok. I was a stuck in the middle and I found the sound not good.... And MIka was not so energetic as usually...but maybe its just my opinion? the audience was amazing !

a1fe64ee11890c21med.jpg

e398af840f370c91med.jpg

Am I the only one to notice that's he's started dressing more casual on this leg, with the t shirts?

Have his shirts been held up at the drycleaners or something?:naughty:

am still on a cloud. gig better than yesterday, though it was extremely hot+stuffy in that venue. but omgomgomg about the m+g! :fangurl: after he had finished signing (he took his time, fast written autographs, but generally didn't seem in a huge hurry) before he got in the car, he asked for me! :shocked: i had let him sign my notebook to my name before, and so he asked for karin and when i went to him, he talked a bit with me, asking me to spread the word about the kick ass single being played on radio one, so everyone would hear about it, and he said everyone should text, email, call them about the song, so the song will explode.

he said next monday on radio one, the show between 1 and 4 pm. i think he meant tomorrow, i wasn't sure after he'd left, so i asked his mum later and she said it must be this week.

that was so funny too, his mum came out, and was really surprised that mika had already left, she said he forgot her! :lmfao: we (violet_sky & mr violet, the ones with the car... :bleh:) offered her that we could give her a ride, and she said she'd make a call and if they had indeed forgotten her, she'd come with us... guess she called john, he was still in the venue and came out to fetch her, maybe they were supposed to go by bus or whatever, anyway she didn't need a ride in the end. but would've been funny. :naughty: she also said it wasn't the first time they'd forgotten her. :naughty:

guess my report is a bit messed up, so is my brain... i gotta find out somehow now if mika really meant tomorrow about kick ass on radio one and then tweet and message everyone about it. need your help with that please, everyone... we gotta spread the word, can't do it alone of course. :wink2::huglove:

am still on a cloud. gig better than yesterday, though it was extremely hot+stuffy in that venue. but omgomgomg about the m+g! :fangurl: after he had finished signing (he took his time, fast written autographs, but generally didn't seem in a huge hurry) before he got in the car, he asked for me! :shocked: i had let him sign my notebook to my name before, and so he asked for karin and when i went to him, he talked a bit with me, asking me to spread the word about the kick ass single being played on radio one, so everyone would hear about it, and he said everyone should text, email, call them about the song, so the song will explode.

i gotta find out somehow now if mika really meant tomorrow about kick ass on radio one and then tweet and message everyone about it. need your help with that please, everyone... we gotta spread the word, can't do it alone of course. :wink2::huglove:

Yeah, it's tomorrow:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rhb7l

Let's spread the word altogether! :biggrin2:

Edit: 1pm - 4pm, everyone can hear it live via internet.

Thanks for your report, sounds awesome Karin!! See you on tuesday! :D

he said next monday on radio one, the show between 1 and 4 pm. i think he meant tomorrow, i wasn't sure after he'd left, so i asked his mum later and she said it must be this week.

that was so funny too, his mum came out, and was really surprised that mika had already left, she said he forgot her! :lmfao: we (violet_sky & mr violet, the ones with the car... :bleh:) offered her that we could give her a ride, and she said she'd make a call and if they had indeed forgotten her, she'd come with us... guess she called john, he was still in the venue and came out to fetch her, maybe they were supposed to go by bus or whatever, anyway she didn't need a ride in the end. but would've been funny. :naughty: she also said it wasn't the first time they'd forgotten her. :naughty:

guess my report is a bit messed up, so is my brain... i gotta find out somehow now if mika really meant tomorrow about kick ass on radio one and then tweet and message everyone about it. need your help with that please, everyone... we gotta spread the word, can't do it alone of course. :wink2::huglove:

its tomorrow!!!! lets tweet people!!!

Sounds nice!!!!

I will deffo help spreading the word and write to em tomorrow:mf_rosetinted:

Am sorry...no report...

Over 2 years ago he (first?) took his shirt of in Dusseldorf...

He didn't last night....

Don't tell me he's into 'boobsigning' now' ?? ( does he get 'kinkier' while being in Germany ;))???

perhaps it's the FANS who are getting kinkier and Mika just thinks what the hell :boxed: if I MUST and does it, he is a polite chap after all, but there ARE some things he aint allowed to sign :teehee: wonder what body part can beat that...I am sure some will lob out their bits for him to write on, dont see the point of it myself, even dirty people will have to wash sometime:naughty: (ps I HATE this new smiley it gives me headaches, other one was better and less in your face.)

Yeah, it's tomorrow:

Let's spread the word altogether! :biggrin2:

Edit: 1pm - 4pm, everyone can hear it live via internet.

Thanks for your report, sounds awesome Karin!! See you on tuesday! :D

my mate told me they play it all the time on her radio station at work and she LOVES it (I took her to her 1st Mika gig in Newcastle in Feb, lol she getting under his spell now):teehee:

Did they play Kick-Ass after the gig like last night?

Kick ass was on again after the gig - I hope it will become a sort of "tradition" for the rest of the gig. Everytime I hear this song I love it more and more. Such a perfect single. :groupwave:

I just HAS TO be a smash hit all around the world.

About the gig - I was lucky to be a big girl for this gig. :wub2:

Compared to yesterday (Düsseldorf) where so many people were applying, today it was only a small group of us willing to give it a try.

Altogether we were three lollipop girls and four big girls- But given that the stage was a lot smaller than in DD I guess it was just about the right number of people...

tbh I didn't really expect that this was really gonna happen tonight, but it did and it was a great experience!!!

Mika's mum and John took care of us and made sure everything went alright. I know it has been said very often - but I would like to say it once more: It's really beyond amazing that Mika & his team are giving us fans the opportunity to be a part of the show. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :wub2:

I was great to see this side of the show. We could watch the whole gig until "Good gone girl" from the side - and it was cool to see the crowd's response to everything Mika did or said. :thumb_yello:

Then it was time for us to get ready (put our heads on and line up). I didn't really see a lot when wearing the mask - but I hope you didn't notice that in the crowd...not dure if I wanna see vids of it. actually I don't remember what I was doing during lollipop :blink: But it was so much fun!

Afetrwards there were three groups of people waiting for Mika inside for a quick M&G. Some group pix of us & Mika were taken. (see my twitter)

btw, you fellow lollipop girls and big girls were all so lovely! :wub2:

we then joined the others outside where Mika took his time to sign stuff for everyone waiting there.

I can't tell you if I prefered DD or Wiesbaden. I really liked Düsseldorf 'cause it was the first time I saw the "new" show. But today was a completely different situation - which was all in all pretty overwhelming! I'm still buzzing with excitement.

Haven't slept more than three hours in the past two days, so I'm off to bed now. Trying to do a proper report later, only leaving for Hamburg in the afternoon - so I will have time.

Hi, I'm back.

This was the most amazing, mindblowing gig experience I ever had.

We arrived at about 3 pm, I got #20. It was really nice to meet some MFCers again and some for the first time. I really enjoyed the company and time went by very fast. As usual there was a bit of a discussion about the numbers system as we got closer to the time doors opened, yet most people were very accepting - at least the ones who got a number. I was really worried if it would work out in the end because there was close to no security to be seen and any sort of organisation was quasi nonexistant. There was a caretaker wandering around of whom we thought he was more of a dosser than anyone involved with the venue, and he just stated repeatedly that 'everything would be handeled as always' to whatever question asked. :dunno:

After Katrien had given out the numbers and Mellody got the numbered people in front of everyone else before doors opened, we got help from John and I really can't tell you how happy I was to see that man. It was literally like 'Okay, now it will be all good.' :cheerful_h4h: He's doing such a great job on top of his usual business. I don't think many tour managers are really taking care of fans. I'm very grateful for that.

We were let in before everyone else according to our numbers and I had a fantastic spot right behind Katrien and Droopsy. I freaked out by the sheer opportunity to actually see the set. In fact I realised that I have missed a lot in Stockholm because I was so far in the back.

It was a great audience, no pushing at all. Yet I have to say that there were a few quite small children trying to get to the front from behind. I don't think this is okay. They were like 8 or maybe 10 years old and wouldn't have been able to see anything if they had been standing right in front of the barriers because they were even shorter than that. I wonder what their parents were thinking. The crowd could have turned out a lot more pushy and I would think that's a bit dangerous for kids as small as that.

Anyway, the gig:

I did like the Stockholm gig but it gets nowhere near to this experience. Mika was in top shape. He was funny and chatty and spontaneous and sexy and focused and emotional and definitely mood-altering.

I was drawn into it right from the beginning and just absorbed everything like a dry sponge. I never bounced so much in my life.

And his voice! It really stood out in its entire range and the volume and power and clarity and warmth. That was just divine. I loved the high notes and the low notes and everything in between. He was sooo good.

I loved the intro and Rain in spite of the electronic version, I guess having a proper view on the set and the lighting helped. I never had a thing for I see you when I heard it on the album but it is just so so much better live that I just couldn't but fall in love with it. Of course the umbrella adds to that, as I said before in the Stockhom report. And the lighting, especially the front spot. I can't get over it.

Dr John is so funny and almost a bit tragic. I love Mika's adorably doltish acting there. And the costume and the song. :wub2:

In fact I'm smitten with everything they do with the tangible props, although there are not many. I'm very happy they kept the snow for the Love Today intro, which is so lovely with Sunshine's voodoo acting affecting the real Mika. It's such a great idea.

And the musical box dance he does with IMMa, that's so sweet.

At one point someone in the audience shouted how they had come from Brasil (or Chile?) just to see Mika and he totally jumped on it in a - as I thought - pretty tongue in cheek way. It was very entertaining.

He said a few sentences in German, too and I was wondering about how much of my language he really must understand, because when he was about to start playing toy boy the south american section made itself heard again and he feisty put them back in their place by telling them that it was not their turn. He wanted to say it in German and got a little help from the front row, as someone shouted (was it Mellody?) 'Du bist nicht dran!',which is the German translation if he addressed only one person. He quickly picked it up and applied it to his special admirers, saying 'Ihr seid nicht dran', (the equivalent for more than one person). I was pretty amazed, as he continued 'Die Puppe ist an der Reihe', (It' the puppet's turn) which is yet another way to say it. He was so chatty and giggled a lot.

And he messed up the lyrics for Good Gone Girl as he tried to put two Georgias into it. But he realised it and so the second Georgia was not a real Georgia but more of a Geopril. What a hassle to get that on tape for the miming business... :bleh:

I loved this gig. It's going to be my all time favourite #1 for now.

Thank you Mika! :huglove:

And thanks to all the lovely people I met, you're really gorgeous! :huglove:

Oh, and I asked for PUOTF but Mika said he won't play it as he can't do too many slow songs.

Mika. I figured that. :doh:

I see the problem AND the solution. :wink2:

And something else:

There was a lovely guy standing next to me during the gig and obviously it was his first Mika gig. He was very much looking forward to it and had a lot of questions like Is that a bubble machine over there and how long is Mika's set and does he play Big Girl, too. Then he told me about every icon he had ever seen on a stage (I think even Cher was among them) and how much he was looking forward to finally, finally see Mika. I said well, I can promise you that if this is your first Mika gig tonight, there will be a many more to come. He loved the gig. In the end I asked him if he thought I had promised him too much and he replied 'NO WAY. THIS IS HIM. THIS IS THE ONLY TRUE KING OF POP.'

You preach to the converted. :wink2:

Kick ass was on again after the gig - I hope it will become a sort of "tradition" for the rest of the gig. Everytime I hear this song I love it more and more. Such a perfect single. :groupwave:

I just HAS TO be a smash hit all around the world.

About the gig - I was lucky to be a big girl for this gig. :wub2:

Compared to yesterday (Düsseldorf) where so many people were applying, today it was only a small group of us willing to give it a try.

Altogether we were three lollipop girls and four big girls- But given that the stage was a lot smaller than in DD I guess it was just about the right number of people...

tbh I didn't really expect that this was really gonna happen tonight, but it did and it was a great experience!!!

Mika's mum and John took care of us and made sure everything went alright. I know it has been said very often - but I would like to say it once more: It's really beyond amazing that Mika & his team are giving us fans the opportunity to be a part of the show. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :wub2:

I was great to see this side of the show. We could watch the whole gig until "Good gone girl" from the side - and it was cool to see the crowd's response to everything Mika did or said. :thumb_yello:

Then it was time for us to get ready (put our heads on and line up). I didn't really see a lot when wearing the mask - but I hope you didn't notice that in the crowd...not dure if I wanna see vids of it. actually I don't remember what I was doing during lollipop :blink: But it was so much fun!

Afetrwards there were three groups of people waiting for Mika inside for a quick M&G. Some group pix of us & Mika were taken. (see my twitter)

btw, you fellow lollipop girls and big girls were all so lovely! :wub2:

we then joined the others outside where Mika took his time to sign stuff for everyone waiting there.

I can't tell you if I prefered DD or Wiesbaden. I really liked Düsseldorf 'cause it was the first time I saw the "new" show. But today was a completely different situation - which was all in all pretty overwhelming! I'm still buzzing with excitement.

Haven't slept more than three hours in the past two days, so I'm off to bed now. Trying to do a proper report later, only leaving for Hamburg in the afternoon - so I will have time.

Lovely report!!! See you in Hamburg :wink2:

Hi, I'm back.

This was the most amazing, mindblowing gig experience I ever had.

We arrived at about 3 pm, I got #20. It was really nice to meet some MFCers again and some for the first time. I really enjoyed the company and time went by very fast. As usual there was a bit of a discussion about the numbers system as we got closer to the time doors opened, yet most people were very accepting - at least the ones who got a number. I was really worried if it would work out in the end because there was close to no security to be seen and any sort of organisation was quasi nonexistant. There was a caretaker wandering around of whom we thought he was more of a dosser than anyone involved with the venue, and he just stated repeatedly that 'everything would be handeled as always' to whatever question asked. :dunno:

After Katrien had given out the numbers and Mellody got the numbered people in front of everyone else before doors opened, we got help from John and I really can't tell you how happy I was to see that man. It was literally like 'Okay, now it will be all good.' :cheerful_h4h: He's doing such a great job on top of his usual business. I don't think many tour managers are really taking care of fans. I'm very grateful for that.

We were let in before everyone else according to our numbers and I had a fantastic spot right behind Katrien and Droopsy. I freaked out by the sheer opportunity to actually see the set. In fact I realised that I have missed a lot in Stockholm because I was so far in the back.

It was a great audience, no pushing at all. Yet I have to say that there were a few quite small children trying to get to the front from behind. I don't think this is okay. They were like 8 or maybe 10 years old and wouldn't have been able to see anything if they had been standing right in front of the barriers because they were even shorter than that. I wonder what their parents were thinking. The crowd could have turned out a lot more pushy and I would think that's a bit dangerous for kids as small as that.

Anyway, the gig:

I did like the Stockholm gig but it gets nowhere near to this experience. Mika was in top shape. He was funny and chatty and spontaneous and sexy and focused and emotional and definitely mood-altering.

I was drawn into it right from the beginning and just absorbed everything like a dry sponge. I never bounced so much in my life.

And his voice! It really stood out in its entire range and the volume and power and clarity and warmth. That was just divine. I loved the high notes and the low notes and everything in between. He was sooo good.

I loved the intro and Rain in spite of the electronic version, I guess having a proper view on the set and the lighting helped. I never had a thing for I see you when I heard it on the album but it is just so so much better live that I just couldn't but fall in love with it. Of course the umbrella adds to that, as I said before in the Stockhom report. And the lighting, especially the front spot. I can't get over it.

Dr John is so funny and almost a bit tragic. I love Mika's adorably doltish acting there. And the costume and the song. :wub2:

In fact I'm smitten with everything they do with the tangible props, although there are not many. I'm very happy they kept the snow for the Love Today intro, which is so lovely with Sunshine's voodoo acting affecting the real Mika. It's such a great idea.

And the musical box dance he does with IMMa, that's so sweet.

At one point someone in the audience shouted how they had come from Brasil (or Chile?) just to see Mika and he totally jumped on it in a - as I thought - pretty tongue in cheek way. It was very entertaining.

He said a few sentences in German, too and I was wondering about how much of my language he really must understand, because when he was about to start playing toy boy the south american section made itself heard again and he feisty put them back in their place by telling them that it was not their turn. He wanted to say it in German and got a little help from the front row, as someone shouted (was it Mellody?) 'Du bist nicht dran!',which is the German translation if he addressed only one person. He quickly picked it up and applied it to his special admirers, saying 'Ihr seid nicht dran', (the equivalent for more than one person). I was pretty amazed, as he continued 'Die Puppe ist an der Reihe', (It' the puppet's turn) which is yet another way to say it. He was so chatty and giggled a lot.

And he messed up the lyrics for Good Gone Girl as he tried to put two Georgias into it. But he realised it and so the second Georgia was not a real Georgia but more of a Geopril. What a hassle to get that on tape for the miming business... :bleh:

I loved this gig. It's going to be my all time favourite #1 for now.

Thank you Mika! :huglove:

And thanks to all the lovely people I met, you're really gorgeous! :huglove:

Oh, and I asked for PUOTF but Mika said he won't play it as he can't do too many slow songs.

Mika. I figured that. :doh:

I see the problem AND the solution. :wink2:

And something else:

There was a lovely guy standing next to me during the gig and obviously it was his first Mika gig. He was very much looking forward to it and had a lot of questions like Is that a bubble machine over there and how long is Mika's set and does he play Big Girl, too. Then he told me about every icon he had ever seen on a stage (I think even Cher was among them) and how much he was looking forward to finally, finally see Mika. I said well, I can promise you that if this is your first Mika gig tonight, there will be a many more to come. He loved the gig. In the end I asked him if he thought I had promised him too much and he replied 'NO WAY. THIS IS HIM. THIS IS THE ONLY TRUE KING OF POP.'

What a wonderful and very detailed report - love it! Thanks so much :thumb_yello:

perhaps it's the FANS who are getting kinkier and Mika just thinks what the hell :boxed: if I MUST and does it, he is a polite chap after all, but there ARE some things he aint allowed to sign :teehee: wonder what body part can beat that...I am sure some will lob out their bits for him to write on, dont see the point of it myself, even dirty people will have to wash sometime:naughty: (ps I HATE this new smiley it gives me headaches, other one was better and less in your face.)

While i first heard "kick ass" i went to the toilets (ofcourse Mika wasn't there ;)) ...

Thanks everyone for your reports!!! Tonight even seems more 'magical' than last night!!!!!

:wub2: really? lucky Brazilian girl :wub2:

congrats and thank you for your report :flowers2:

ohhh I loved knowing that he spoke with someone from Brazil, waiting for him here.:roftl:

Thank you for your report.:thumb_yello:

Katita:fangurl:

post-12683-142983682726_thumb.jpg

Sorry, my english is **** so a few words only. It wasn't the best gig ever for me- but is was still ok. I was a stuck in the middle and I found the sound not good.... And MIka was not so energetic as usually...but maybe its just my opinion? the audience was amazing too! I still love love him ! cant wait for munich!

mika117.jpg

thanks for your pics :thumb_yello:

but omgomgomg about the m+g! before he got in the car, he asked for me! :shocked:

:wub2: aww, he's good to remember faces and names.

that was so funny too, his mum came out, and was really surprised that mika had already left, she said he forgot her! :lmfao:

oh boy! how he can forget his mother? :roftl:

oh, that's great :thumb_yello:

thanks for the reports girls :flowers2:

Archived