REPORTS/PICS/VIDS - Mika in Wiesbaden, Germany @ Schlachthof March 21 2010

guylainem123

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@violet: I loved reading your report. It is so good that I am going to save it, actually... (I haven't saved one for a long time now.:teehee:)

I don't want to quote it in its entirety but I recommend everyone to read it in full. :thumb_yello:

My favourite parts are:

And his voice! It really stood out in its entire range and the volume and power and clarity and warmth. That was just divine. I loved the high notes and the low notes and everything in between. He was sooo good.

:wub2:

In fact I'm smitten with everything they do with the tangible props, although there are not many. I'm very happy they kept the snow for the Love Today intro, which is so lovely with Sunshine's voodoo acting affecting the real Mika. It's such a great idea. And the musical box dance he does with IMMa, that's so sweet.

:mf_lustslow:

And he messed up the lyrics for Good Gone Girl as he tried to put two Georgias into it. But he realised it and so the second Georgia was not a real Georgia but more of a Geopril. What a hassle to get that on tape for the miming business... :bleh:

:roftl:

ohhh I loved knowing that he spoke with someone from Brazil, waiting for him here.

In an internet café now...let's see what else I do remeber...

Yeah. That part was really entertaining. I LOVE all of the spontaneous things/talking - it adds even more to the usual "gig routine" - which is in itself already amazing!

Afterwards, at the M&G there also was a young family from Canada with a cute little girl who came to Wiesbaden just to see Mika. I love it if people are travelling all the way from a different continent just to see the man. :wub2:

Violet, your report is great! I really enjoyed reading it. Brings back so many gig memories...

And it's true what you sad about the guy standing next to you - once you've been to a Mika gig - you are simply tempted to go to another one (and another one...) - a vcious circle that is. But a positive vicious circle - if that exists...:teehee:

Me and my friend Anette arrived at about 13:30 and were number 16 and 17 - not too bad. Time was flying by kinda fast, so we didn't have to wait long for John to come out looking for lg anf bg candidates. we were only about 30 (?) people waiting in the queue at that point - and so there were not that many people who wanted to give it a try. As already said in my post from last nght/this morning we were in the end 4 bgs (snce the corsets are really big they had to be adjusted quite a lot. But Mika's mom and the girl who helped us getting ready (what was her name btw, she was very nice) managed to make it work - and so all of us had their costumes ready and three lollipop girls.

Btw, the bg tights are absolutely lovely. :wub2:

I'm sorry I'm not posting things in the order of events, but I prefer just writing what comes to my mind. :aah:

Anyway, after it was decided who was gonna be a lp girl and who was gonna be a bg, we went to sit at the back of the venue waiting for the soundcheck to end so that we could practise our routine. It was really lovely to already hear/see the soundcheck and talk/dance with the girls.

Mrs Penniman had provided us with sandwiches, Swedish chocolate (yummy!), water and coffee. So we had a really great waiting. We all felt very well taken care of. Thank you once more! :groupwave:

When Mka's soundcheck was fnished we were explained what we had to do for our entrance during LT. It wasn't that easy with the masks on, but it looks so great from the aufdience so that this first bit doesn't really matter. (does this actually make sense?). Anyway, to cut a long story short, it was a lot of fun and a great experience! :thumb_yello:

Since there was no extra room for the lp girls and bgs (small venue) we were sharing a room with the band :wink2:. When we all put on the black coats to cover our costumes Mika said sth like "Oh, you're wearing the burqas again." :biggrin2:

As for the gig, I can now say that I loved "Over my shoulder". I know he doesn't want to be doing so many slow songs, but thsi one should definitely be kept included in the setlist. It's just such an intense song which always gives me the chills.

Does anybody remember what exactly/what words Mika sang in German before Toyboy?

As Violet already said, he was in great shape joking around a lot - and the audience was great, too. Btw, was the concert directly broadcasted on HR3 (radio station)? I think Mika said sth like that when talking to the Brazilian girl. "Do you realise that about 2000 people are listening to our conversation?" (plus the people listening to the radio) It was hilarious :roftl:

After the lp finale and while Kick ass was played we then went backstage to get changed back to our normal clothes (not without taking some quick shots of us in our costumes before :wink2:) and then waited for Mika to have a quick group picture taken. Yay. That was a first for me. Been waiting for a pic with him ever since I became a fan back in 2007.

ok, I must sound like a total fangirl. But tbh I'm actually really feeling a (tiny little) bit fangurlish today. :mf_rosetinted:

We then went back outside to join the others waiting outside all lined-up for Mika to sign stuff. As far as I can say it was all going pretty "civilised". Had my tshirt signed and I guess it will be a great memory of that night.

Roll on Hamburg. It feels great to have another gig to looking forwards to...

Since there was no extra room for the lp girls and bgs (small venue) we were sharing a room with the band :wink2:. When we all put on the black coats to cover our costumes Mika said sth like "Oh, you're wearing the burqas again." :biggrin2:

Sharing a room with the band?...ok, it could've been worse I guess... *lol* :roftl:

As for the gig, I can now say that I loved "Over my shoulder". I know he doesn't want to be doing so many slow songs, but thsi one should definitely be kept included in the setlist. It's just such an intense song which always gives me the chills.

*subscribes* Hope he'll do it in Hamburg as well :wub2:

ok, I must sound like a total fangirl. But tbh I'm actually really feeling a (tiny little) bit fangurlish today. :mf_rosetinted:

Who wouldn't after an evening like that?! :biggrin2: In fact, you don't sound THAT fangurlish to me...love your report!

Roll on Hamburg. It feels great to have another gig to looking forwards to...

Looking forward to get to know you 2morrow :wink2:

Thank you so much for the lovely report!

Does anybody remember what exactly/what words Mika sang in German before Toyboy?

As Violet already said, he was in great shape joking around a lot - and the audience was great, too. Btw, was the concert directly broadcasted on HR3 (radio station)? I think Mika said sth like that when talking to the Brazilian girl. "Do you realise that about 2000 people are listening to our conversation?" (plus the people listening to the radio) It was hilarious :roftl:

After the lp finale and while Kick ass was played we then went backstage to get changed back to our normal clothes (not without taking some quick shots of us in our costumes before :wink2:) and then waited for Mika to have a quick group picture taken. Yay. That was a first for me. Been waiting for a pic with him ever since I became a fan back in 2007.

Sounds like you've had such a great time:biggrin2:

If the gig was broadcasted on radio I hope we get to find a recording at some point.

@violet: I loved reading your report. It is so good that I am going to save it, actually... (I haven't saved one for a long time now.:teehee:)

I'm glad you like it. Actually I don't think I really found the right or most powerful words for it. It was just so out-of-this-world fantastic. girl_in_dreams.gif

Violet, your report is great! I really enjoyed reading it. Brings back so many gig memories...

And it's true what you sad about the guy standing next to you - once you've been to a Mika gig - you are simply tempted to go to another one (and another one...) - a vcious circle that is. But a positive vicious circle - if that exists...:teehee:

It was lovely seeing you again! :huglove: I would have loved to chat but you were gone backstage for the BG preparations before I knew it ... :roftl:

I don't know if this is making any sense, but I'm so proud of Mika for taking over the audience the way he did. Something I noticed before in Sweden already and then again last night was that, whereas people were screaming when he got on stage, that was nothing compared to the noise when he went off before the encore. By the end of the show he had them all converted. My ears are still ringing. And that reaction of the guy next to me really made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Mrs Penniman had provided us with sandwiches, Swedish chocolate (yummy!), water and coffee. So we had a really great waiting. We all felt very well taken care of. Thank you once more! :groupwave:

Anyway, to cut a long story short, it was a lot of fun and a great experience! :thumb_yello:

I'm really happy that so many fans get the opportunity to be a Big Girl or a Lollipop Girl up on stage. It's such a nice add-on. :wub2:

True. It seems to be very special to him. He didn't really play it a lot during the tour for his first album, did he? I'm glad that he's comfortable doing it now and thus giving the audience this beautiful counterpart to the upbeat songs. I was a bit torn when I realized he'd do it again last night, because I still had hope for the Pick up song. It was clear that he wouldn't do both 'outliers' in one show.

Wasn't it 'Meine Puppe ist an der Reihe'?

Btw, was the concert directly broadcasted on HR3 (radio station)?

I quickly checked their site but couldn't find anything :dunno:

Part 1

Okaayyy where to start.. First of all, this was the gig I had the most fun at EVER. I'm not saying it was the best gig in terms of what happened on stage but I never felt SO good during a gig. I was smiling the entire time, relaxed, happy, dancing the entire time, WOW what a great crowd!

So, Katrien and me arrived at noon'ish and got numbers 4 & 5. We actually were thinking the day before that we would try to be big girls again, but we were doubting since this would be the last small venue of the tour that we're going to. So we decided to see how we felt like when we arrived. But with those numbers we really just wanted to be in the venue and see the gig. Best decision ever! The Q was great all day, met some really nice people for the first time, met some people for the 2nd time, it was all so relaxed. I loved how we could just sit on chairs with tables and it was like that pretty much until +/- 5.30 when we decided to start the proper Q. It felt like such a dodgy place at first! A weird area I wouldn't like to walk alone at night, and the building was covered in graffiti. The word 'schlachthof' isn't that fun either :aah:

When we were getting in a line to Q it got a bit messy. Other people that weren't on the list didn't like it and there were 2 entrances and they stood on the other one. So we really had to hope they would let us in first... But then John arrived so we were all at ease from then on. It worked great, we could just walk into the venue and pick a place to stand. We then sat down so we could create some room so we wouldn't be pushed against the barrier from the beginning (in my case that was horrible in dusseldorf) but it was great, violet stood behind me so it was all cool :thumb_yello: no pushing from any side *pheww*. The fun began quite early... We were all dancing and singing along to the music between the performances. The support wasn't really my thing, but it was so sweet to see how happy the singer was to be standing there. And everytime we would start clapping he was so happy and smiling that we just did it to make them happy.

Then there was the 30 minutes between them and mika... that's mostly torture for me :roftl: By that time I usually have to pee, my feet hurt, my back starts to hurt a bit but not last night! We were singing, having fun dancing wow! Such a great atmosphere I still can't believe it.

And then of course.. Mika :biggrin2: I really really love that new rain version live, I love the screen during that song as well it's just great. The first thing I noticed was his hair!! It was... a bit different, I dunno :aah: I'll post pics later on ;)

Second thing I clearly remember was during big girl. The leg was so funny in such a small venue. During the end Mika was standing on the left, and he almost fell over, he was standing at the very end of the stage and the leg was behind him. He then decided to lay down on it, like he was sleeping or something but when the lights went out and he wanted to go off, he actually tripped and fell down!! Poor boy! Tho I must admit there were some giggles :teehee: The one song I really really love during this tour, is Dr. John, I love his act with the feathered jacket. What else do I remember overall... He gave quite a bit of eyecontact, he pointed the microphone to the audience A LOT. I really noticed it because it wasn't like that in dusseldorf.

They were all really energetic but in a weird way. It almost looked like the entire band and mika were very tired, but they just feeded off of the energy of the crowd and they got charged up because of it. I loved that. I've never seen iMMa doing such big and many strong movements and poses, she was even turning red, so cute. Mika was very strong in his movements as well, I almost can't explain what I mean. You can dance, but you can also dance like come on! push it! go harder, and that's how it felt. It was a major build-up from beginning to end. I must say I also liked the fact he changed the order of songs compared to dusseldorf, there were imo too many slow songs at once, now it was a great variety. I can't say enough how much I loved this crowd, really.

Part 2

Then the meet&greet. I brought him some chocolates (like I mostly do :aah:) and had my cola bottle for him to sign. He was in a hurry so he thanked me for the chocolates, I said I hoped he liked them, he was sure he would, he signed the bottle, I said I thought it was a beautiful bottle, he said thank you and then he went on.

I really wanted to wait for the band because I brought chocolates for Jimmy as well as I promised on twitter :teehee: I also had a box of chocolates for Mrs. P to thank her for being so sweet in bristol when we were big girls. But I thought we were going to be big girls so I could give it to her, but that was not gonna work. But by coincidence she came out. I felt a bit weird to go to her, I'm not really like that to just go and talk to her because I'm afraid I'm bothering you know. But katrien encouraged me like, go go, come on you have a present for her. So I went to her and I gave her the box and thanked her again and she was so sweet again. She thanked me multiple times saying it was so nice of me. Then the other mfc'ers were talking about the driving to frankfurt thing and then when she left she turned to me and said thank you again. Such a warm person.

Then we were still waiting for the band... I asked John if they'd come out and he said he would tell them we were out there. But immediately after that a crowd of people went to him again so I think he kinda forgot :teehee: We were the only ones (me and Katrien) still standing there. And after a while we kinda gave up so we were walking towards the parking lot. Our car was the only one left :aah: and we saw this guy... like walking around a bit on his own, taking pics of the graffiti on the walls and we were like, wait, is that jimmy? LOL . We were going to the car and as we were there I asked: Jimmy? And he turned around: 'huh? what?' totally surprised :roftl:

So we went to him and I explained we waited for them and that I had some chocolates for him as I promised and he was so nice. I think he said something like 'it's so precious of you:aah:' and then he gave me a hug and I asked if I could get a picture so we did and katrien as well. And then we just stood there for a few minutes talking about the gig, and the one in dusseldorf. He recognized us. He immediately said you were at 2 gigs already, right? And then he asked what we thought of the gig so we explained. Then I asked him what HE thought of it and he said he loved it, that these kind of places were totally his scene so that he felt great. He said he was exhausted tho, but I told him we couldn't notice :teehee: Then we started talking about bristol as well and the other gigs we were going to and already went to before. And he told us about the history of the venue in bristol :aah: He asked: 'do you know about the history of that place?' and then he started talking about dungeons and slaves and stuff like that.

It was so very nice to meet him like that, it was all very relaxed, natural, we never had the impression that he felt uncomfortable and the conversation ended naturally as well. He said see you the next time, and I said, well, see you on twitter, and he: 'oh yes of course!' He thanked me again for the chocolates, said: 'bless you' and then we went to the car. We wished him a safe trip and vice versa.

And then we had to drive home :aah: It was 4.00 am when we arrived in Leuven. But luckily we were so happy and high on the gig that we could stay awake :naughty: All in all.... just wow, great gig, best atmosphere I've ever had:thumb_yello:

I'll post some pics now :)

Thanks Droopsy for the report!! :wub2: Your conversation with Jimmy is funny... especially at the beginning when you have stopped him :roftl: he wasn't expecting it!

And you're right!! Mika cut even more hair... poor curls...

Oh and I can't wait to see the end of Bg!! :roftl:

don't know if it has been posted yet (no time to read much), but just remembered something else that was totally hilarious: the big girl leg was about the size of the stage, so we couldn't see mika anymore, and after a while he came to the front of it, and first sat, then lay down on the leg... but it already was the very end of the song, and when the song ended, obviously they stopped the machine that inflated the leg, it stopped being inflated within a second, and mika wasn't fast enough to get up, and landed on his bum on the floor! :lmao: :lmao: it looked sooo funny, we were all laughing like mad, him too, haha!! :lmao:

don't know if it has been posted yet (no time to read much), but just remembered something else that was totally hilarious: the big girl leg was about the size of the stage, so we couldn't see mika anymore, and after a while he came to the front of it, and first sat, then lay down on the leg... but it already was the very end of the song, and when the song ended, obviously they stopped the machine that inflated the leg, it stopped being inflated within a second, and mika wasn't fast enough to get up, and landed on his bum on the floor! :lmao: :lmao: it looked sooo funny, we were all laughing like mad, him too, haha!! :lmao:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Can't wait to see the video of it!! :roftl::roftl:

DROOPSY!!!!!! Your meeting with Jimmy sounds like mine and Danika's meeting of Jimmy at his own gig :aah:

He's such an approachable, lovely, genuine guy and I'm glad your meeting with him so was casual and relaxed. Jimmy's the kind of dude that you imagine being friends with everyone :aah:

I wub Jimmy :fangurl:

And your pictures are fookin' amazing. Seriously. How many mega pixels does your camera have? They look crystal clear :aah: And Mika looks so lovely :wub2:

I must stop fangurling.

Hi, I'm back.

This was the most amazing, mindblowing gig experience I ever had.

We arrived at about 3 pm, I got #20. It was really nice to meet some MFCers again and some for the first time. I really enjoyed the company and time went by very fast. As usual there was a bit of a discussion about the numbers system as we got closer to the time doors opened, yet most people were very accepting - at least the ones who got a number. I was really worried if it would work out in the end because there was close to no security to be seen and any sort of organisation was quasi nonexistant. There was a caretaker wandering around of whom we thought he was more of a dosser than anyone involved with the venue, and he just stated repeatedly that 'everything would be handeled as always' to whatever question asked. :dunno:

After Katrien had given out the numbers and Mellody got the numbered people in front of everyone else before doors opened, we got help from John and I really can't tell you how happy I was to see that man. It was literally like 'Okay, now it will be all good.' :cheerful_h4h: He's doing such a great job on top of his usual business. I don't think many tour managers are really taking care of fans. I'm very grateful for that.

We were let in before everyone else according to our numbers and I had a fantastic spot right behind Katrien and Droopsy. I freaked out by the sheer opportunity to actually see the set. In fact I realised that I have missed a lot in Stockholm because I was so far in the back.

It was a great audience, no pushing at all. Yet I have to say that there were a few quite small children trying to get to the front from behind. I don't think this is okay. They were like 8 or maybe 10 years old and wouldn't have been able to see anything if they had been standing right in front of the barriers because they were even shorter than that. I wonder what their parents were thinking. The crowd could have turned out a lot more pushy and I would think that's a bit dangerous for kids as small as that.

Anyway, the gig:

I did like the Stockholm gig but it gets nowhere near to this experience. Mika was in top shape. He was funny and chatty and spontaneous and sexy and focused and emotional and definitely mood-altering.

I was drawn into it right from the beginning and just absorbed everything like a dry sponge. I never bounced so much in my life.

And his voice! It really stood out in its entire range and the volume and power and clarity and warmth. That was just divine. I loved the high notes and the low notes and everything in between. He was sooo good.

I loved the intro and Rain in spite of the electronic version, I guess having a proper view on the set and the lighting helped. I never had a thing for I see you when I heard it on the album but it is just so so much better live that I just couldn't but fall in love with it. Of course the umbrella adds to that, as I said before in the Stockhom report. And the lighting, especially the front spot. I can't get over it.

Dr John is so funny and almost a bit tragic. I love Mika's adorably doltish acting there. And the costume and the song. :wub2:

In fact I'm smitten with everything they do with the tangible props, although there are not many. I'm very happy they kept the snow for the Love Today intro, which is so lovely with Sunshine's voodoo acting affecting the real Mika. It's such a great idea.

And the musical box dance he does with IMMa, that's so sweet.

At one point someone in the audience shouted how they had come from Brasil (or Chile?) just to see Mika and he totally jumped on it in a - as I thought - pretty tongue in cheek way. It was very entertaining.

He said a few sentences in German, too and I was wondering about how much of my language he really must understand, because when he was about to start playing toy boy the south american section made itself heard again and he feisty put them back in their place by telling them that it was not their turn. He wanted to say it in German and got a little help from the front row, as someone shouted (was it Mellody?) 'Du bist nicht dran!',which is the German translation if he addressed only one person. He quickly picked it up and applied it to his special admirers, saying 'Ihr seid nicht dran', (the equivalent for more than one person). I was pretty amazed, as he continued 'Die Puppe ist an der Reihe', (It' the puppet's turn) which is yet another way to say it. He was so chatty and giggled a lot.

And he messed up the lyrics for Good Gone Girl as he tried to put two Georgias into it. But he realised it and so the second Georgia was not a real Georgia but more of a Geopril. What a hassle to get that on tape for the miming business... :bleh:

I loved this gig. It's going to be my all time favourite #1 for now.

Thank you Mika! :huglove:

And thanks to all the lovely people I met, you're really gorgeous! :huglove:

Oh, and I asked for PUOTF but Mika said he won't play it as he can't do too many slow songs.

Mika. I figured that. :doh:

I see the problem AND the solution. :wink2:

And something else:

There was a lovely guy standing next to me during the gig and obviously it was his first Mika gig. He was very much looking forward to it and had a lot of questions like Is that a bubble machine over there and how long is Mika's set and does he play Big Girl, too. Then he told me about every icon he had ever seen on a stage (I think even Cher was among them) and how much he was looking forward to finally, finally see Mika. I said well, I can promise you that if this is your first Mika gig tonight, there will be a many more to come. He loved the gig. In the end I asked him if he thought I had promised him too much and he replied 'NO WAY. THIS IS HIM. THIS IS THE ONLY TRUE KING OF POP.'

You preach to the converted. :wink2:

OKAY!!! THIS WAS PARTIALLY MY FAULT!! heheheh...I was screaming the lyrics at MIKA and forgot that it was APRIL,and he had just caught me screaming "GEEOOOO.." n went with the flow,wen he quickly realized that OOOOPSY,look at me,smiled and shook his head...in quirky a shame on you tone!! hahaha...so GEOOOPRIL!!:roftl:

OKAY!!! THIS WAS PARTIALLY MY FAULT!! heheheh...I was screaming the lyrics at MIKA and forgot that it was APRIL,and he had just caught me screaming "GEEOOOO.." n went with the flow,wen he quickly realized that OOOOPSY,look at me,smiled and shook his head...in quirky a shame on you tone!! hahaha...so GEOOOPRIL!!:roftl:

That is hilarious!

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

Yup, mentioned it in my report as well, it was so funny how he kept trying to get up, but couldn't, started tripping and then BAM there he went :roftl:

DROOPSY!!!!!! Your meeting with Jimmy sounds like mine and Danika's meeting of Jimmy at his own gig :aah:

He's such an approachable, lovely, genuine guy and I'm glad your meeting with him so was casual and relaxed. Jimmy's the kind of dude that you imagine being friends with everyone :aah:

I wub Jimmy :fangurl:

And your pictures are fookin' amazing. Seriously. How many mega pixels does your camera have? They look crystal clear :aah: And Mika looks so lovely :wub2:

I must stop fangurling.

You're so right caz, it's unbelievable how nice, open and talkative he is. It's like you've met him 10 times before already or something. :aah:

Well I don't know much about the camera, it was my dad's but I think it's 'quite old' already in terms of technology. It's a sony cybershot DSC-W80 with 7.2 MP. My pics in dusseldorf weren't that great tho, so maybe it was the venue, or maybe I just now knew how to properly use it :roftl:

LMFAO everyone looks like they're having a blast and Cherisse looks SO unamused :aah:

I know!!!! :aah::lmfao:

Archived