REPORTS/PICS/VIDS - Mika in Hamburg, Germany @ Große Freiheit 36: March 23 2010

Droopsy

Me too. How many photos did I take of him singing it at Le Poisson Rouge?

The emotion is nearly palpable. I adore that song, and seeing it live. :wub2:

Oh gosh, that gig was a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y f-r-e-a-k-i-n-g incredible :fangurl:

OMG, that IS important! Please please please persuade Mika he has to

add that back to the setlist ASAP... definitely by the time he returns to the US!!! :biggrin2:

Well, I won't be seeing him in a while so you will need to get someone else to ask :naughty: but I think that we did well in Oslo, after we begged him to do Touches You, and he started doing it at the following gig again. We also asked for One Foot Boy and he clearly isn't doing it though, so we only got a 50% success there :teehee:, unfortunately.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lovely pics :wub2: shame they're watermarked :thumbdown:

Nice ones, unusual hair..

hamburg2.png

hamburgz.png

Edited by Miro

Well, I won't be seeing him in a while so you will need to get someone else to ask :naughty: but I think that we did well in Oslo, after we begged him to do Touches You, and he started doing it at the following gig again. We also asked for One Foot Boy and he clearly isn't doing it though, so we only got a 50% success there :teehee:, unfortunately.

100% failure for me and PUOTF. :roftl: How exactly did you beg? :biggrin2:

And why no One Foot Boy? Because he can't do too many songs with 'Boy' in the title? :lmao::lmfao:

Edited by violet_sky

Dig his T shirt

"I has a strange dream last night":roftl::aah:

Relieved to know it was just his t-shirt :lmfao:

Oh gosh, that gig was a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y f-r-e-a-k-i-n-g incredible :fangurl:

I like One Foot Boy! well, at least he listened to u and played TY :thumb_yello:

Oh wow, the hair IS different...:blink:

But cute oi?:biggrin2:

Relieved to know it was just his t-shirt :lmfao:

I like One Foot Boy! well, at least he listened to u and played TY :thumb_yello:

But cute oi?:biggrin2:

I think he would have played Touches You anyway, he said at Dublin that the setlist would get changed around. So I think with just the one ommission of TY, didn't mean it wouldn't be back on the next night.

:OMG, that IS important! Please please please persuade Mika he has to

add that back to the setlist ASAP... definitely by the time he returns to the US!!! :biggrin2:

Yes, we were told that he "lost" One Foot Boy - that he lost him in the luggage or something like that. :lmfao:

I think he would have played Touches You anyway, he said at Dublin that the setlist would get changed around. So I think with just the one ommission of TY, didn't mean it wouldn't be back on the next night.

Two omissions. He skipped it in Copenhagen, and then when he skipped it again in Oslo we told him that it's one of the live highlights and we'd love him to do it. The next night in Stockholm he did it, even though it wasn't on the setlist. :teehee:

Yes, we were told that he "lost" One Foot Boy - that he lost him in the luggage or something like that. :lmfao:

Two omissions. He skipped it in Copenhagen, and then when he skipped it again in Oslo we told him that it's one of the live highlights and we'd love him to do it. The next night in Stockholm he did it, even though it wasn't on the setlist. :teehee:

Yes, but it's hardly the first time he's done something not on the set list, I wouldn't read anything into it.

Yes, that was hilarious. He just kept making it up as he went along and he seemed even surprised himself at the stuff that was coming out of his mouth :roftl:

Not to mention that when we spoke to him about TY and how amazing it was live, he didn't sound like he was in any hurry to do it any time soon again. I couldn't believe it when he did it again the following night and it wasn't even on the setlist anymore :naughty:

Yes, but it's hardly the first time he's done something not on the set list, I wouldn't read anything into it.

I wouldn't read anything out of it either. :teehee:

Come on, what's so wrong about believing he might listen to feedback and react? No harm done. However if he did it again because they asked for it, I'm more than grateful. It just blew me away in Stockholm.

I wouldn't read anything out of it either. :teehee:

Come on, what's so wrong about believing he might listen to feedback and react? No harm done. However if he did it again because they asked for it, I'm more than grateful. It just blew me away in Stockholm.

I think he does what he wants, whatever.

People asked for PUOTF, but he's not played it, so I wouldn't read anything into this.

Just trying a give a reality check!

Oh, I'm all for reality checks, for sure. And in fact I wish that more people would be as well :thumb_yello:.

But on this issue, reality would be that Mika actively listens to feedback, and if he agrees or thinks that it could help or better things, he goes with it. He's open to feedback from people, and even though we don't know if this was the case on this ocasion, it is certainly a possibility.

I'm not saying that it IS what happened, but that there is a high chance that it was. And, as violet said, what would be wrong with that? Everyone enjoys Touches You, so it's not like we were asking him to put on a tutu and do us a coconut dance, for freaks' sake :roftl:. I don't care if he sung it again because we asked or if it was a different reason, and I don't think that it's such an important factor either. Who cares. The fact is, he is doing it again, and many more people are enjoying the song, so it's all good.

Just trying a give a reality check!

Rose, what do mean "give a reality check"? Have you spoken to Mika or someone in his camp who has assured you that under no circumstances does Mika ever take fan suggestions into account when choosing which songs to sing?

Obviously I have no proof that he played Touches You in Stockholm because we'd asked for it - but I haven't seen any proof to the contrary, either. Why are you so adamantly against the idea that he may indeed consider fan suggestions when choosing songs?

It's almost sounding as though you're against the very idea that he just might listen to his fans every now and then.

Rose, what do mean "give a reality check"? Have you spoken to Mika or someone in his camp who has assured you that under no circumstances does Mika ever take fan suggestions into account when choosing which songs to sing?

Obviously I have no proof that he played Touches You in Stockholm because we'd asked for it - but I haven't seen any proof to the contrary, either. Why are you so adamantly against the idea that he may indeed consider fan suggestions when choosing songs?

It's almost sounding as though you're against the very idea that he just might listen to his fans every now and then.

I'm not saying that, I think it's nice that he might listen to feedback and take it on board.

It's just that, if everyone gets to thinking that he'll do this for every request, he'll get deluged after every show for this song and that song, if it just happens not to get sung.

So, I'm just trying to make sure, everyone doesn't get over excited, just because it looks like that may have happened here.

Just keeping things in perspective.

Hi all,

it was my first mika show yesterday and i loved every minute. :wub2: And now, after i have been waiting for so long, i know, why some of you guys are traveling so much to get to as much concerts as possible. It was awsome and better than i could ever imagine. I am making some plans to see Mika again this year... uppss... sounds like i´ve been caught by some kind of virus...:)

Anyway, I was very happy when he came out later and signed my booklet. I think he seemed a little bit shy but very very nice. :blush-anim-cl:

And after you have told me, that he´s not been in the best mood (which i can understand), i can´t wait to see him when he´s in better shape.

When he was leaving by car i had "my moment" with Mika: I was standing on the street to watch Mika driving away. His car had to pass a tight turn, where some cars where parking very close. So the car slowed down and finally stopped. Mika was sitting on the co-driver´s seat and the car stopped right beside me. So i stood right beside Mika :biggrin2:

He was looking out the window, why they had stopped and i took the chance and waved at him. And he gave me a huge smile and waved back. :stretcher: What a day...

I´m sorry, that this isn´t really a concert report...

i also want to say, that i really enjoyed meeting some of you there and thanks for the whole number system before the entrance...

I attached one picture I like very much. I had to laugh when i first saw it.

Bye :bye:

lisa_simpson

attachment.php?attachmentid=6412&stc=1&d=1269461694

post-13230-142983682974_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

it was my first mika show yesterday and i loved every minute. :wub2: And now, after i have been waiting for so long, i know, why some of you guys are traveling so much to get to as much concerts as possible. It was awsome and better than i could ever imagine. I am making some plans to see Mika again this year... uppss... sounds like i´ve been caught by some kind of virus...:)

Anyway, I was very happy when he came out later and signed my booklet. I think he seemed a little bit shy but very very nice. :blush-anim-cl:

And after you have told me, that he´s not been in the best mood (which i can understand), i can´t wait to see him when he´s in better shape.

When he was leaving by car i had "my moment" with Mika: I was standing on the street to watch Mika driving away. His car had to pass a tight turn, where some cars where parking very close. So the car slowed down and finally stopped. Mika was sitting on the co-driver´s seat and the car stopped right beside me. So i stood right beside Mika :biggrin2:

He was looking out the window, why they had stopped and i took the chance and waved at him. And he gave me a huge smile and waved back. :stretcher: What a day...

I´m sorry, that this isn´t really a concert report...

i also want to say, that i really enjoyed meeting some of you there and thanks for the whole number system before the entrance...

I attached one picture I like very much. I had to laugh when i first saw it.

Bye :bye:

lisa_simpson

Don't apologize.

It sounds really fantastic!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I am happy for you.

I'm not saying that, I think it's nice that he might listen to feedback and take it on board.

It's just that, if everyone gets to thinking that he'll do this for every request, he'll get deluged after every show for this song and that song, if it just happens not to get sung.

So, I'm just trying to make sure, everyone doesn't get over excited, just because it looks like that may have happened here.

Just keeping things in perspective.

Okay Rose, you got me boiling. Do you want to say I deluge him about songs that didn't happen to be sung?

Seriously?

Well, my twitter account doesn't contain pages and pages and pages of begging for a shoutout for my birthday.

That much for the reality check.