REPORTS/PICS/VIDS - Mika in Hamburg, Germany @ Große Freiheit 36: March 23 2010

Droopsy

Hi all,

it was my first mika show yesterday and i loved every minute. :wub2: And now, after i have been waiting for so long, i know, why some of you guys are traveling so much to get to as much concerts as possible. It was awsome and better than i could ever imagine. I am making some plans to see Mika again this year... uppss... sounds like i´ve been caught by some kind of virus...:)

Anyway, I was very happy when he came out later and signed my booklet. I think he seemed a little bit shy but very very nice. :blush-anim-cl:

And after you have told me, that he´s not been in the best mood (which i can understand), i can´t wait to see him when he´s in better shape.

When he was leaving by car i had "my moment" with Mika: I was standing on the street to watch Mika driving away. His car had to pass a tight turn, where some cars where parking very close. So the car slowed down and finally stopped. Mika was sitting on the co-driver´s seat and the car stopped right beside me. So i stood right beside Mika :biggrin2:

He was looking out the window, why they had stopped and i took the chance and waved at him. And he gave me a huge smile and waved back. :stretcher: What a day...

I´m sorry, that this isn´t really a concert report...

i also want to say, that i really enjoyed meeting some of you there and thanks for the whole number system before the entrance...

I attached one picture I like very much. I had to laugh when i first saw it.

Bye :bye:

lisa_simpson

Glad you had such a great time at your first gig. And now you know why it won't be your last :wink2:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay Rose, you got me boiling. Do you want to say I deluge him about songs that didn't happen to be sung?

Seriously?

Well, my twitter account doesn't contain pages and pages and pages of begging for a shoutout for my birthday.

That much for the reality check.

Did I specifically point you out?

No.

I meant if EVERYONE who wants this song, or that song, starts asking him to do it out of every show, he'd start getting a bit bored with it, and then just ignore everyone altogether.

That is what I said in my post, the part you didn't bolden.

And my twitter account doesn't have pages and pages asking for a birthday request either. I just did one completely jokey one. Which I got no response for.

So you got more than I did, if he did indeed respond to your asking for a song.

So you win, I guess.

Did I specifically point you out?

No.

I meant if EVERYONE who wants this song, or that song, starts asking him to do it out of every show, he'd start getting a bit bored with it, and then just ignore everyone altogether.

That is what I said in my post, the part you didn't bolden.

And my twitter account doesn't have pages and pages asking for a birthday request either. I just did one completely jokey one. Which I got no response for.

So you got more than I did, if he did indeed respond to your asking for a song.

So you win, I guess.

If you want to talk further about Mika's decision to start playing Touches You again in Stockholm, let's move that conversation to the Stockholm thread. This thread is about Hamburg, after all. :thumb_yello:

Hi all,

it was my first mika show yesterday and i loved every minute. :wub2: And now, after i have been waiting for so long, i know, why some of you guys are traveling so much to get to as much concerts as possible. It was awsome and better than i could ever imagine. I am making some plans to see Mika again this year... uppss... sounds like i´ve been caught by some kind of virus...:)

Anyway, I was very happy when he came out later and signed my booklet. I think he seemed a little bit shy but very very nice. :blush-anim-cl:

And after you have told me, that he´s not been in the best mood (which i can understand), i can´t wait to see him when he´s in better shape.

When he was leaving by car i had "my moment" with Mika: I was standing on the street to watch Mika driving away. His car had to pass a tight turn, where some cars where parking very close. So the car slowed down and finally stopped. Mika was sitting on the co-driver´s seat and the car stopped right beside me. So i stood right beside Mika :biggrin2:

He was looking out the window, why they had stopped and i took the chance and waved at him. And he gave me a huge smile and waved back. :stretcher: What a day...

i also want to say, that i really enjoyed meeting some of you there and thanks for the whole number system before the entrance...

lisa_simpson

attachment.php?attachmentid=6412&stc=1&d=1269461694

Awwww first one? bless I love your report :biggrin2:

Its strange isnt it that he comes across as shy! and its so so true at times

This incredible performer but outside that mould hes so shy .. amazing

Awwww first one? bless I love your report :biggrin2:

Its strange isnt it that he comes across as shy! and its so so true at times

This incredible performer but outside that mould hes so shy .. amazing

Even my husband regognized that after wh have met him.

Great musican, great voice and talent and he seems so selfconfident on stage and then there is this shy guy off stage ... very nice...

Generally speaking, it's considered rude to make requests from musicians-- be it vocal or instrumental music.

That's a matter of personal opinion, and it's ignorant to use a phrase such as "generally speaking" to discuss something that clearly changes from performer to performer. Some artists like to hear feedback from those who consume their music. The smart ones realize that ultimately if the fans aren't happy, their days as a succesful recording artist will be numbered. Blunt, of course, but that's reality.

And incidentally, To yell out "ugly puppet" in the middle of a show is rude. And a few people, not in the audience, thought that as well.

Again, a matter of opinion. Isn't it a lovely world where even those who are utterly removed from a topic or situation still feel free to voice their opinions, no matter how deluded or uninformed. :wub2:

Titania, do you have a report to add about the Hamburg gig? I haven't seen you around MFC in a while and now I see you in this report thread. I didn't realize you were there, did you enjoy it? :wink2:

Great musican, great voice and talent and he seems so selfconfident on stage and then there is this shy guy off stage ... very nice...

In Wiesbaden Mika apologized to the boyfriends and husbands who are 'being forced' to go to his gigs. :lmfao: Little does he know.

In Wiesbaden Mika apologized to the boyfriends and husbands who are 'being forced' to go to his gigs. :lmfao: Little does he know.

Ah yes true! I forgot that! How did it go? First he talked about bf/gf's/husbands/wives, then friends of those gf/bf's/husbands/wives who brought their friends etc etc :roftl: I love how 'interactive' he was that night, and loved that he spoke quite a lot during the gig.:biggrin2:

Ohh dear to post any more would be random .. but he so so is ...

<Freddie mercury my other dear love was exactly the same>

I actually smiled read I read your report that you thought that ...for many reasons

Ah yes true! I forgot that! How did it go? First he talked about bf/gf's/husbands/wives, then friends of those gf/bf's/husbands/wives who brought their friends etc etc :roftl: I love how 'interactive' he was that night, and loved that he spoke quite a lot during the gig.:biggrin2:

Maybe mellody has it on her memory card. It was hilarious :teehee:, I don't remember the exact wording, sadly.

Generally speaking, it's considered rude to make requests from musicians-- be it vocal or instrumental music.

And incidentally, To yell out "ugly puppet" in the middle of a show is rude. And a few people, not in the audience, thought that as well.

<<< Apologies for posting off topic, I will stop now, but I had to reply to this >>>

Titania, really. Sigh. I'm glad to see that this topic has interested you enough to break your long "MFC silence", but I fear that the input is slighly irrelevant.

I'm quite happy that neither Mika nor any of this troupe think that I am/was rude, or that I had negative intentions, so your comment is wasted here. And, at the end of the day, you can't always please everyone, so I just hope that the people who actually matter to me, and know me for what I am, can also see that.

Anyone who knows me even a little bit can see that I would never say something that was intended as offending or rude to Mika, so my conscience is clear. What a random person like you thinks, who just seems to like coming here to stir sh!t every now and then, is just not something that I will lose sleep over.

Anyone who has eyes and ears on their head and even half a neurone can figure out what the reality behind my uggly puppet comments was. The rest, quite frankly, I can't do anything about, if they are just going to choose to think something so ridiculous, trying to make it out to be what it wasn't.

I don't think that there is anything else that I can say than that.

Hi all,

lisa_simpson

attachment.php?attachmentid=6412&stc=1&d=1269461694

Really loved reading your report Lisa!!

that is hilarious:roftl::roftl: hope someone has it on video:biggrin2:

Hi @ all,

found some more vids on YouTube:

OMS / GGG

Relax / WAG

WAG (another one)

Grace Kelly

:clap::clap::clap:

you've found over my shoulder!!!

going to watch it right now:biggrin2:

Hi @ all,

found some more vids on YouTube:

OMS / GGG

Relax / WAG

WAG (another one)

Grace Kelly

:clap::clap::clap:

So interesting to see Over My Shoulder again ..

He played that earlyyyyyy days and it did not work on level , it was so so low key and so many people at that gig just talked all the way through it:aah:

Thanks! some great clips in there:thumb_yello:

So interesting to see Over My Shoulder again ..

He played that earlyyyyyy days and it did not work on level , it was so so low key and so many people at that gig just talked all the way through it:aah:

Thanks! some great clips in there:thumb_yello:

I'm dying to hear it live, but I worry people will talk throughout it. Americans aren't as considerate as Europeans. :sneaky2:

On topic, what's up with the "X" t-shirt again? Are his custom-made white button-up shirts all in the wash? :roftl:

maybe they were, together with the grey undies... he wore blue ones in hamburg. :naughty:

button up shirts and grey undies were back for berlin though. :bleh:

Here is a vid of Any Other World posted by SklimShady at youtube:

The audio is excellent.

Oh yes! And having a guy sing along to a song in the audience, that's something we don't have very often on youtube :teehee: