REPORTS/PICS/VIDS - Mika in Hamburg, Germany @ Große Freiheit 36: March 23 2010

Droopsy

Keep chatter to a minimum please.

mika-02_image_611x464.jpg

-------------

REPORTS

-------------

mellody: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2874711&postcount=6

Nightbird: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2875051&postcount=21

keti: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2885000&postcount=109

Shine: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2885990&postcount=112

-------------

PICS

-------------

nanou: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2878912&postcount=102

Statue_of_Liberty: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2886694&postcount=114

Non-MFC

http://www.radiohamburg.de/Bilder-Videos/Events/Konzerte/2010/Mika-rockt-die-Grosse-Freiheit

http://www.allaccess.nl/index.php?ajax_querytype=get_eventoverzicht&ajax_queryzoekitem=129141&ajax_querytrefwoord=mika#680160053

http://www.allaccess.nl/index.php?ajax_querytype=get_eventoverzicht&ajax_queryzoekitem=129140&ajax_querytrefwoord=mika#110961346

-------------

VIDEOS

-------------

mellody:

over my shoulder (including talking at the beginning):

toy boy (also including talking of course ):

Tiibet:

Rain

SITM

Any Other World

Blue Eyes

I See You

Dr John

Good Gone Girl

Touches You

Happy ending http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hb4uR7TPNU

Love Today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiCepnVIFOA

Relax http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOjUeVSqrvc

We Are Golden http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFyheIrqK0o

Lollipop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFd_TJvqxss

Non-MFC

Edited by Droopsy

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL!

Droopsy, get to bed! I just started a thread for reports, too! :roftl:

I'll close mine, don't worry -- and I'll stick this one!

Thanks! :thumb_yello:

quick report, gotta get up again in 5 hours to catch my train to berlin. guess i won't upload my vids+pix when i get home but just sleep through the 2 days until it's time to queue for the munich gig! :lmfao: nah, will upload the stuff once i'm back home, got some good pix/vids from tonight, due to the small stage it's all quite close.

so, the stage was really small, no place for the inflatable stuff, and he could stand on the piano but the ceiling was so low that he couldn't hold up his umbrella there. gig was good, mika did a good show, but he didn't really interact with the crowd like he usually does. not much eye contact (for no one), not much talking (i think he tried to talk a bit more german than in wiesbaden though :thumb_yello:). think it also might've been cause he didn't see the crowd too well, before the show a photographer wanted to take pix of us and said he can't see anything. :dunno: but generally mika seemed a bit grumpy tonight, we had the feeling he wanted to get through with his set as quickly as possible... and he did talk before toy boy, but was being really mean to his puppet - ok that was still funny :naughty: but idk, it just sounded like he was in a bad mood. that tweet to albert this afternoon sounds similar... "you'd taste like sh*t!"...

almost the whole front row had feather boas and feathers on sticks to wave with that, looked really cool... but mika didn't seem to care about it, think he saw it though, not like tiibet said only in the end, but before... because of what he said at the m+g... he was signing rather quickly, but working his way down the whole line (at least 50 ppl i think), i stood on a stone so i could take better pix, and when he passed, i held up one of the beaks to my nose and asked him whether he recognized/saw from the stage that we're dr john's magic chicken... and he said sth like no, he thought it was the scary/freaky (?? was some negative word, don't remember...) penguin again. :lmfao: well ok, failure i guess. :naughty: WE did love it though, and enjoyed ourselves with all the feathers (i was in heaven, as you can imagine! :roftl:), even if mika in his bad mood didn't care. :bleh:

btw, he mentioned the dog bizkit, from the hanover radio gig thing. :bleh:

oh, and i finally got a pic with david after the gig! :biggrin2: now i only need imma...

dropped my camera though shortly after mika had left, and the shutter button (is that the right word?) fell off - it took ages to find it again, even john helped searching for a while with his torch! when i had almost given up, i suddenly saw it, and could just put it back in its place, so camera is working again, phew!! wouldn't have liked it to not be able to use it for the rest of the german tour!! :aah:

ok really need to sleep now! just quick info, photographers were from hamburger morgenpost, radio hamburg and a press agency, if i understood correctly it was AP, but not sure. so you know where to search for pix. :wink2:

forgot something, i quite liked that, he told the story why he wrote over my shoulder - it was when all his demos were rejected and he wrote it so he would feel better... something like that, but it came across that it has a special meaning to him. i never particularly liked the song, but like it a lot more now that i heard this story. :wink2: got it on video.

@nono, yeah, maybe just tired. but then, the m+g seemed rather normal, he was more tired and faster at other m+gs (e.g. dusseldorf). or maybe he just had a bad day, everyone has that occasionally. :bleh: just hope tomorrow'll be better. :wink2:

quick report, gotta get up again in 5 hours to catch my train to berlin. guess i won't upload my vids+pix when i get home but just sleep through the 2 days until it's time to queue for the munich gig! :lmfao: nah, will upload the stuff once i'm back home, got some good pix/vids from tonight, due to the small stage it's all quite close.

so, the stage was really small, no place for the inflatable stuff, and he could stand on the piano but the ceiling was so low that he couldn't hold up his umbrella there. gig was good, mika did a good show, but he didn't really interact with the crowd like he usually does. not much eye contact (for no one), not much talking (i think he tried to talk a bit more german than in wiesbaden though :thumb_yello:). think it also might've been cause he didn't see the crowd too well, before the show a photographer wanted to take pix of us and said he can't see anything. :dunno: but generally mika seemed a bit grumpy tonight, we had the feeling he wanted to get through with his set as quickly as possible... and he did talk before toy boy, but was being really mean to his puppet - ok that was still funny :naughty: but idk, it just sounded like he was in a bad mood. that tweet to albert this afternoon sounds similar... "you'd taste like sh*t!"...

almost the whole front row had feather boas and feathers on sticks to wave with that, looked really cool... but mika didn't seem to care about it, think he saw it though, not like tiibet said only in the end, but before... because of what he said at the m+g... he was signing rather quickly, but working his way down the whole line (at least 50 ppl i think), i stood on a stone so i could take better pix, and when he passed, i held up one of the beaks to my nose and asked him whether he recognized/saw from the stage that we're dr john's magic chicken... and he said sth like no, he thought it was the scary/freaky (?? was some negative word, don't remember...) penguin again. :lmfao: well ok, failure i guess. :naughty: WE did love it though, and enjoyed ourselves with all the feathers (i was in heaven, as you can imagine! :roftl:), even if mika in his bad mood didn't care. :bleh:

btw, he mentioned the dog bizkit, from the hanover radio gig thing. :bleh:

oh, and i finally got a pic with david after the gig! :biggrin2: now i only need imma...

dropped my camera though shortly after mika had left, and the shutter button (is that the right word?) fell off - it took ages to find it again, even john helped searching for a while with his torch! when i had almost given up, i suddenly saw it, and could just put it back in its place, so camera is working again, phew!! wouldn't have liked it to not be able to use it for the rest of the german tour!! :aah:

ok really need to sleep now! just quick info, photographers were from hamburger morgenpost, radio hamburg and a press agency, if i understood correctly it was AP, but not sure. so you know where to search for pix. :wink2:

Oh dear!

I'm so sorry about that reaction to your Dr John chickens!

I felt bad at Bristol, about the penguin, but now I feel worse, after his reaction to your chickens :-(

forgot something, i quite liked that, he told the story why he wrote over my shoulder - it was when all his demos were rejected and he wrote it so he would feel better... something like that, but it came across that it has a special meaning to him. i never particularly liked the song, but like it a lot more now that i heard this story. :wink2: got it on video.

Thanks sweet!!!:naughty::naughty::naughty:

I LOVE THIS SONG!!!

:wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2:

hahahha

Thanks for the reports and good luck tomorrow!

huhuhu

:wink2::wink2:

Thanks for posting, Karin! :wub2:

I'm thinking Mika must be about shattered. Gigs on Saturday and Sunday, running off to London for that premiere on Monday, then gigs Tuesday and Wednesday. I hope he's got Thursday off - like actually off, with time to sleep and not have to deal with press and such.

Just curious - what mean things was he saying to his puppet? :naughty:

Oh dear!

I'm so sorry about that reaction to your Dr John chickens!

I felt bad at Bristol, about the penguin, but now I feel worse, after his reaction to your chickens :-(

aww, don't feel bad. :huglove: he was strange yesterday, i mean, we put on those beaks only for dr john. he should've realized it was supposed to be the chickens. :doh:

Thanks for posting, Karin! :wub2:

I'm thinking Mika must be about shattered. Gigs on Saturday and Sunday, running off to London for that premiere on Monday, then gigs Tuesday and Wednesday. I hope he's got Thursday off - like actually off, with time to sleep and not have to deal with press and such.

Just curious - what mean things was he saying to his puppet? :naughty:

agree with that... hope he has thursday and friday off... friday was supposed to be the leipzig gig, hope they didn't put any other stuff on his schedule for that day.

seeing how knackered i'm feeling after less than a week of touring, i only start to imagine how mika must feel sometimes, especially when he can't sleep well. that lack of sleep is the worst thing. :aah:

will try to watch my video later and let you know what he said exactly. :wink2:

Thanks for your report, Mellody :huglove:

Wow, grumpy Mika, that's rare.

But like Mana said, he must be totally knackered. I really hope they won't use those two gigless days for additional appearances elsewhere.

That's the vibe I got, too. That's why I think it will be part of the set for another while. It is a beautiful song, almost a bit of an emotional strip off.

I've always wanted to know more about Over my shoulder. It's such a special song:wub2:

So glad you have that on video!!

and thanks for the report:biggrin2:

Edited by Louiza

I can't believe that he didn't recognize our Dr John feathers. Last night I thought he couldn't see them, because in the end he watched us all and looked confused and smiled and I waved to him, and I thought it was the first time he saw them. But he did say to me too during m&g, that "I saw but I didn't know what they are". How can he not understand if we use feathers for Dr John??? :shocked: He is not always so clever I think he is, lol!

But I love and admire him so much, I had a huge moment last night during the gig. Everything just made sense. You know that feeling? :wub2: I'm such a fangurl, I need to calm down.

He was a bit tired last night, and no wonder. But he is always so professional and it was a good performance. Loved I See You, even without the umbrella high light. A really good version. And Any Other World is one of my favorites nowadays, I so look forward to it every time.

I watched my vids this morning, some of them are quite nice, I will upload them tomorrow, I guess.

Mellody has a pic, she will show it later :biggrin2: I have one too, but can't upload it yet.

Ohhh thanks you have me curious :biggrin2:

And for sure , some shows he does really connect and give lots of eye contact and hes on "top form" and others less so . I suppose we are comparing amazing to nearly amazing:aah:

He must for sure get totally knackered

Review:

MIKA IN DER GROSSEN FREIHEIT

Pop-Karneval an Luftballons und Lamettaregen

HAMBURG. Ein Mika-Konzert wird bunt. Soviel ist sicher. Der Sänger trägt Zylinder zum lässigen Shirt. Seine Roadies marschieren zum Teil in Sträflingsklamotten auf.

Für knapp zwei Stunden verwandelt sich die Große Freiheit in eine Mischung aus Kindergeburtstag und Karnevalsparty, Luftballon- und Lamettaregen inklusive. Mika hat die Show ganz seiner Zielgruppe angepasst.

Die sehr jungen Mädchen in der ersten Reihe schwenken bunte Federsträuße und rasten aus, als der Sänger ihnen den fröhlichen Satz „Teenage Dreams In A Teenage Circus“ um die Ohren haut.

Seine Uptempo-Nummern wie „Relax“ oder „Grace Kelly“ erweisen sich auch live als die eindeutig stärkeren. Auch wenn sein hohes Bee-Gees-Organ teilweise wie mit Chor vom Band verstärkt klingt. Aber junge Mädchen wollen auch träumen. Das können sie, wenn Mika schmachtend am Piano von „Blue Eyes“ schwärmt. Er ist der nette große Bruder, den wir alle gerne hätten. Und auf einer Videoprojektion lacht der Mann im Mond.

http://www.abendblatt.de/kultur-live/article1433043/Pop-Karneval-an-Luftballons-und-Lamettaregen.html

I suppose we are comparing amazing to nearly amazing:aah:

Well put - that seems to describe it best IMO! :thumb_yello:

No time for a real report now, will do that after Berlin (I am @work now, definitely knackered but not grumpy at all :roftl:), just a first impression.

I really enjoyed last night: Raised my hand for being a LG and ended up happily as a thin and tall BG in the lovely blue corset. I was too tall for the tiny Lollipop dresses and the corsets didn't fit very well either at the beginning - but Yasmine was so lovely and managed to get me into one :wub2:

During the first part of the show we could join the front row - really "hot" stuff because of our long coats, it was very hot at the venue :naughty: - and after Love today we could watch the other songs until Grace Kelly from the balcony.

Enjoyed the parts of the gig, which I could see, very very much! The only thing, maybe: I would've liked Mika to talk a little more than he did yesterday between the songs, but his 'german' was again so adorable and there were also a few nice "MIKA giggles or laughs"-Moments on stage :wink2: The whole band was adorable as always! It's really worth to not only to look at Mika all the time, but to catch an enthralling smile from iMMa for example (with her stunning dress, love it) or watch Jimmy freakin' out :naughty:

Especially loved AOW yesterday. Awfully touching and emotional, as well as I see you. And his trumpet solo was wonderful, i like the faked competing interaction between him and his guys (he even gave them the finger before starting the trumpet solo again :naughty:) Unfortunately I missed OMS - can't wait to see the vid!!! - and my favorite "Touches you". But i won't complain at all, at least we could hear it from backstage and dance along.

It was great being so close to the stage at the beginning, and have an overview at the end, watching the audience reacting enthusiastically to the golden confetti during WAG! The venue was very small, but seemed very crowded in the end.

So happy that we got to see Mika after the gig for a short M&G with the LGs/BGs and could chat with him and take pictures. I am really thankful that he took his time to do that - definitely not taken for granted!!! One of many things that make him so special and likeable, apart from his musical talent! :wink2:

He wasn't grumpy at all. Knackered yes, but very attentiv and friendly (so was John by the way - i really admire him for his patience). We talked a bit about Kick-ass and he said it's amazing that people stay at the venue to dance and party and that they don't leave before the song ends (btw: after Lollipop we saw him sneaking again at the audience and their reaction to Kick-ass which was played after the show again :wink2:)

Hope I'll manage to post a proper report later und upload some pics.

Was very happy to finally meet some of you yesterday - you were all lovely and fun to be with. Tiibet, it was great spending the first part of the show next to you and I am sooo looking forward to your vids :biggrin2: In case anyone else has made some pics or vids from Love today/Lollipop i would of course be very happy to see them as well! :wink2:

Edited by Nightbird

Review:

Mika hat die Show ganz seiner Zielgruppe angepasst.

Die sehr jungen Mädchen in der ersten Reihe schwenken bunte Federsträuße und rasten aus, als der Sänger ihnen den fröhlichen Satz „Teenage Dreams In A Teenage Circus“ um die Ohren haut.

.....Aber junge Mädchen wollen auch träumen. Das können sie, wenn Mika schmachtend am Piano von „Blue Eyes“ schwärmt. Er ist der nette große Bruder, den wir alle gerne hätten. Und auf einer Videoprojektion lacht der Mann im Mond.

http://www.abendblatt.de/kultur-live/article1433043/Pop-Karneval-an-Luftballons-und-Lamettaregen.html

This review actually bugs me. A lot. Whoever wrote it hasn't understood anything. At all. It's quite condescending, actually. :aah:

They reduce his target group to little girls exclusively, (in fact that is what they say about those in the front row waving the feathers, too :teehee:)

One could summarize this piece of crap to just a few words, which are: children's birthday party; young girls; very young girls; swoon.

:puke:

This review actually bugs me. A lot. Whoever wrote it hasn't understood anything. At all. It's quite condescending, actually. :aah:

They reduce his target group to little girls exclusively, (in fact that is what they say about those in the front row waving the feathers, too :teehee:)

One could summarize this piece of crap to just a few words, which are: children's birthday party; young girls; very young girls; swoon.

:puke:

Haha:aah: I thought I read that (I kept on reading young girls, so I was a bit confused :aah:)

Just read the reports. Can I quickly say I think Mika is under a big strain right now. He knows Rain and BIOTG didn't do so well so it means so much to him for KA to do well. He also had the premiere to attend. The man is only human. I'll shut up now.