REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: Mika @ Gasometer, Vienna, Austria - March 29 2010

Droopsy

wow you really did wear the same shirt!! oh that's so sweet!!! :biggrin2: I love your avatar pic! :aah:

thanks! I also could not just throw them away...it was so weird because the morning after the show I still had like tons of confetti around my room...I brought home a lot with myself without knowing it :biggrin2: loved the show!

It was really nice meeting you too!

Thank you! and I love yours too! :teehee: We have such nice memories from VIenna!

Yeah you know...the next day, I could still find some on the street on the way back to Gasometer and it was so lovely and also I had lots of small bits of those in my hair. :lol3:

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wasn't feeling so well before Mika came on stage and before going backstage for doing the Love today monster steps .

I was about to faint cause it was hot and some kids in front of us were pushing ,luckily Ircazo had water with her and started to feel much better after drinking some .

My favorite live songs were SITM ,Blue eyes and WAG

That's a pity and we should do something about that I think!

Gigs are our reason to be happy and meet each other and meet Mika. So there's no reason why we should be sad or somehow else about it.

As for Laurel! I for the one am not mad or angry at her whatsoever.! :lol3: I think it was rightful of her to express her opinion and stand by it. We're a public forum. That's why we're here! That's why we're MFCrs! Because we always have something to say.! :thumb_yello:

In the end, we all love Mika just as much! :wub2:

It is a shame- especially as in this case no-one's tried to criticise anybody- you were praising Suzie, Suzie was planning a bit of joint fun and (I honestly think) Laurel was reassuring people who like to shout at pop concerts and who might have felt a bit as if they were being criticised. (Heck, gig threads can have that effect on me, and I've never screamed or pushed- not in the last 30 years anyway)

Guys...do you know who made that Rain remix we had as the intro& first song?

I jus loved it, but I can't really find a good HQ video of it to download from Tube, so I thought someone might know that it's a remix that someone made (I 'm rubbish with remixes, I don't like them usually so I don't take the time to check them out) But this would be so nice to find. I loved that disco beat in it...

In this video that Deb posted, you can hear it....sort of. :aah:

Or maybe here:

It's a pretty good one.

Wish I could help you with the remix, Zsina, but :dunno:

I did want to say, though, that I just saw the video of you giving Mika

your fabulous drawing! What an amazing moment for you! You can

tell he was truly impressed -- and how excited you must have been

when he told you what a wonderful artist you are, because YOU ARE!

I was so thrilled for you! :huglove:

Guys...do you know who made that Rain remix we had as the intro& first song?

I jus loved it, but I can't really find a good HQ video of it to download from Tube, so I thought someone might know that it's a remix that someone made (I 'm rubbish with remixes, I don't like them usually so I don't take the time to check them out) But this would be so nice to find. I loved that disco beat in it...

yes, I really like that, too.:thumb_yello: When I first heard it in Belfast I actually thought that it was this remix he was working on with the Red One. (that time we were not aware of the Kick-Ass project yet). It has some really good 90's "trance" sound on it. I can't really put my finger on any songs I feel the effects are similar to. The closest one I can think of is the sound effects on Sonique records.

It would be good to have it released officially.

I did want to say, though, that I just saw the video of you giving Mika

your fabulous drawing! What an amazing moment for you! You can

tell he was truly impressed -- and how excited you must have been

when he told you what a wonderful artist you are, because YOU ARE!

I was so thrilled for you! :huglove:

Which video is this?

Zsina your artwork is mind-blowingly good. :shocked: All of Mika's features are rendered as perfectly as if it was a realistic drawing, but you always add a great fantastical spin as well. The one with Mika's sisters is just unbelievable - it looks like a photo but of course it can't be. And I really love your Toy Boy interpretation.

It has some really good 90's "trance" sound on it. I can't really put my finger on any songs I feel the effects are similar to. The closest one I can think of is the sound effects on Sonique records.

I looooove all that 90s trance, including Sonique. After hearing that PDP version 2 years ago I never imagined in a million years the song would turn out like this. I'm so relieved. :teehee:

Okay not to stir the thread, but since my name was dragged across pages and pages, I figure it's not asking too much to be allowed to throw my two cents in. :freak:

The issue at hand is people passing negative judgement on real life events in Mikaland, from the comfort of their homes and computers, when they only have secondhand information to go on. And it seems like this is happening more and more frequently as of late.

Like the situation with Greta's ticket in Stockholm. Someone came on MFC asking for my contact information because I had Greta's ticket, and soon people - I believe it began with Laurel - were saying, oh, poor Greta, it's so sad that she has to buy another ticket, that's just not right, etc. Essentially painting a picture of Evil Mana screwing someone over.

When in reality, Greta had never asked for my phone number, never contacted me to make plans as to where and when she'd get the ticket and how she'd pay me. I asked around to see if she was there when I arrived at the venue and no one had heard from her - I didn't even know for sure if she was indeed coming to Stockholm. I knew that the show was far from sold out, and since we'd never exchanged any money I was of the opinion that she could buy a ticket from the box office if she happened to turn up just as easily as she could buy one from me - heck, maybe even easier since a box office can accept other methods of payment than just cash. That's why I wasn't concerned when I went inside at 5pm to be a BG - at the end of the day it was putting ME out more, having a spare ticket go to waste. :dunno:

The problem is, people on MFC just read some thirdhand information that had been conveyed by text message - and such spotty information painted the picture that I had taken Greta's money and left her stranded outside the venue, unable to get in. When the real circumstances were far from that.

And I see the same sort of thing is playing out again. Someone mentioned Suzie making suggestions about the gig, and someone else - I believe it was Laurel? - assumes that Suzie is overstepping her place, dictating what is and isn't appropriate audience behaviour. When, interestingly, it doesn't appear that anyone who was AT the gig was offended by what Suzie had to say. And so again we have this situation where people are sitting at home and reading about these gig goings-on and passing judgement when they weren't there and can't possibly have all the information. It's not even about native speakers vs. non native speakers. Even when you have people relaying events in their native language, things can get lost along the way.

Moral of the story? Of course we're going to share gig experiences, that's one of the best things about MFC. I love that community aspect, and that we can all live these gigs through each other. But if you think something dodgy or wrong is going on, it's best to take a moment to realize that unless you were there, you only have part of the story. This applies to gig goings-on and to the other issue that has cropped up here - tickets to TV events and such. Unless you were there, you just don't know, so keep that in mind when passing judgement.

And in other news - yes, I think Igor is a great puppet name. Good name for a monster, and let's be honest, it looks a bit monstrous. :teehee:

I love him though. He's just misunderstood. :wub2:

to end this awful misunderstanding lemme say that:

got some mobile phone issues..It'd be correct to send some PM of advise another time? Also don't think you'd checked your calls in those moments

was totally unaware about the different entrance for the MFC nor the fact the concert wasn't soldout.

Went around the venue at 5.00 pm, saw nobody, went for an hot drink nearby.

didn't know you were about to play BG/LG again, otherwise I'd have searched + carefully/tried to get there the + early I could ..luckily I got enough cash with me {the exact amount} otherwise I had only to bang my head on the ice.

was almost certain to spot you in the early queue since It seemed to me nobody else was there, only the crazy mfcrs take for granted waiting hours in front of the venue before gates open ..but maybe I was looking at the wrong door :doh:

at the end of the gig I was feeling a bit down..possibilities were go to sleep or drink/dance the night down..since I didn't find any from here apart from violet_sky so I couldn't invade some crowded hostel room I decided for the latter, & as usual things started to get better after 2am {italians abroad + vodka = delirium ahah} :teehee:

aaanyway...stockholm gig has been a bit of odd experience for my deluded expectations of fun-sharing with people whom reports I read almost everyday, while I had the most amazing time in Vienna also for the very nice gals I met there...& now I've to feel a bit annoyed because seriously, those who weren't even there wanna spoil our good memories or throw bad light on the gasometer gig goers? mission impossible :bleh:

Regarding the Rain remix, I think it's just something he's come up with himself for the show, like the extended intro to SITM, (though he stole it from...was it Brahms? I can't remember) or the drumming intro and sped up ending of Lollipop. I think it's much better than the original, and gets the crowd going, and also, saves his voice a little bit because he does less 'RAIN RAIN RAIN'ing.

Regarding the Rain remix, I think it's just something he's come up with himself for the show, like the extended intro to SITM

Yes that's what I always assumed. I don't think he's ever incorporated someone else's remix into his shows...?

yeah I think these 90's eurovision like rmxs are great for these tipe of gigs..but even if I lurrrve synthesizers, sometimes I recall how beautiful strings & trumpets & other live instruments sound. ok maybe they work well only for orchestra-hosting venues :teehee:

I really thought there would be strings and horns in places like Hammersmith. That was the one thing that drew me to London in spite of all the chaos because we never get that on regular North American tours.

Maybe on the next leg of the tour with the largest venues? :dunno:

Maybe on the next leg of the tour with the largest venues? :dunno:

Could someone please explain that? Which is that "next leg of the tour"? Could it possibly be BErcy? or something it hasn't been announced yet? :huh:

Could someone please explain that? Which is that "next leg of the tour"? Could it possibly be BErcy? or something it hasn't been announced yet? :huh:

That's what I'm assuming people mean- the France and Italy etc leg. I think it's really weird Mika's talking about the last time for the old stuff, implying big changes for this next leg- unless the venues are huge. But even then I would have expected a bigger version of the Imaginarium tour- with KA incorporated. But then, if Mika want's a change.... that's it and all about it

Yes that's what I always assumed. I don't think he's ever incorporated someone else's remix into his shows...?

I think he'd be waaaaaaaay too precious about his own shows to let someone else's remix be a part of it. :teehee:

Well he had the first leg of the European tour that just finished in Basel. Now he's going home for a bit of a break, some rehearsals and then he'll be starting again on the second leg, which takes him right up to...Luxembourg, I think? It's just the different sections of the tour, nothing super glitzy or special, you know?

That's what I'm assuming people mean- the France and Italy etc leg. I think it's really weird Mika's talking about the last time for the old stuff, implying big changes for this next leg- unless the venues are huge. But even then I would have expected a bigger version of the Imaginarium tour- with KA incorporated. But then, if Mika want's a change.... that's it and all about it

I think the venues on the second leg are quite a lot bigger on the whole - Milan is pretty huge, Dammy is big too, I imagine the French ones are massive as well. Also, the venue in Milan is a sports arena type thing so has bad acoustics, so perhaps he's planning something pretty major visually that he needs a lot of space for?

That would be just awesome. And yes...I think it kinda makes sense that the next leg of the tour is the one coming up after this free weeks. :wub2: Bercy IS big. I don't know about Italy ...but Bercy really is and also David told me after the Vienna gig, when I told him that I;m coming to Paris aswell, he replied: "Oh the big one!" I didn't quite understand what he meant...but now I finally do. so the chances are getting greater and greater for an Imaginarium DVD! :fisch: with or without KA incorporated (preferably with. :mf_rosetinted: )

We'll see. :teehee:

Do you really think he's making a DVD about the tour? :shocked:

I know they filmed us BG's and LG's in Vienna and we had to sign a contract but I thought it was for some French TV show. I didn't have time to read what I signed for! :teehee:

Well he had the first leg of the European tour that just finished in Basel. Now he's going home for a bit of a break, some rehearsals and then he'll be starting again on the second leg, which takes him right up to...Luxembourg, I think? It's just the different sections of the tour, nothing super glitzy or special, you know?

oh ok...I understand. Thanks Jaz. :huglove:

legs legs legs...first leg...second leg...all in all, this tour has legs like twigs. :mf_rosetinted::roftl: :roftl: Loved that!!!

Boy managed to do TWO dvds on his first album, it wouldn't surprise me if he's got one hitting the shops on Monday. :roftl::roftl::roftl:

oh ok...I understand. Thanks Jaz. :huglove:

legs legs legs...first leg...second leg...all in all, this tour has legs like twigs. :mf_rosetinted::roftl: :roftl: Loved that!!!

Ahahaha. The first leg was a twig, because of small venues, but the second leg is like a tree trunk, cos of the big ones. :roftl::roftl:

And now I'm imagining Mika with one twig-leg and one tree trunk-leg. Oh dear! :naughty:

Are you kidding me? if he;s not...that's just not right. :aah:

I really think he should. It's the promo tour of his second album. It's a HUGE tour. He can choose at least ONE of the gigs to shoot his DVD. :wink2::lol3:

You know what would be really frustrating (for me I mean)...?

If he;d do it in Paris NOT on the 26th but on the 27th ...because I'm not going to the second one...and it would be really cruel if that would happen. Otherwise I don't mind him making the DVD anywhere else...only NOT on the 27th in Paris. :aah::roftl:

Boy managed to do TWO dvds on his first album, it wouldn't surprise me if he's got one hitting the shops on Monday. :roftl::roftl::roftl:

:lmfao: that would be rather strange!

and it could feature the long promised naked vlog.:mf_rosetinted:

Ahahaha. The first leg was a twig, because of small venues, but the second leg is like a tree trunk, cos of the big ones. :roftl::roftl:

And now I'm imagining Mika with one twig-leg and one tree trunk-leg. Oh dear! :naughty:

:shocked: Oh GOD!! No!! :lol3: I prefer him with both legs like twigs! ANYTIME!! :aah:

:lmfao: that would be rather strange!

and it could feature the long promised naked vlog.:mf_rosetinted:

:shocked: Oh GOD!! No!! :lol3: I prefer him with both legs like twigs! ANYTIME!! :aah:

LOL that would certainly make the sales sky rocket if there was a bit of nakedness on it. But then you'd get horny old women pushing you out the way in the shops so they can buy it, despite never having heard any of his songs. :roftl:

I prefer him like that too, but my imagination had a bit of an unfortunate moment!

I hope he's using the Vienna material. Otherwise I signed the contract and gave them my home address for nothing. :shun:

You signed that so if you broke your neck you couldn't sue him. :teehee:

And also cos there were TV crews out and about and you need to give them your permission to use your image if they wish.

I hope he's using the Vienna material. Otherwise I signed the contract and gave them my home address for nothing. :shun:

:lmfao:

that would be so awesome. :fangurl:

I prefer him like that too, but my imagination had a bit of an unfortunate moment!

Please keep your imagination in a leesh, young lady! :shun:

:floor: I can't stop laughing.

You signed that so if you broke your neck you couldn't sue him. :teehee:

And also cos there were TV crews out and about and you need to give them your permission to use your image if they wish.

Nice! :naughty: Luckily they made us sign after the gig. I could have broken my neck and then decided not to sign it and sue him instead. :sneaky2: