REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: Mika @ Gasometer, Vienna, Austria - March 29 2010

Droopsy

Totally agree. I understand that Mika was very proud of PDP both for the size and the amount of work that went into it, and I'm not surprised he made a DVD of it - his first ever stadium show. But his performance at that gig wasn't up to his usual standard for two reasons: he's obviously nervous and worried about all the details, and he's running around that massive stage which affected his ability to sing as well as we know he can. :no:

From the perspective of an uber-fan, I'd love to have a DVD of footage from last summer's acoustic tour. I've never heard him sound better than when he didn't have giant stages to run around and a hundred theatrical details to worry about. :wub2: But realizing that the general wider fanbase wants to hear the songs sounding more like the album, I agree with the idea a best-of compilation spanning a few "regular" gigs on the tour, intercut with documentary footage. :wub2:

You know it's funny, cos I think I prefer the first DVD performance wise, but the second DVD behind-the-scenes wise lol. And when Andy records the fans in the queues...where the hell does that footage go...? :aah:

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Marianne, of course I recognise you, you nutcase!!! :lmfao: Even rthough you've changed your hair colour :naughty:.

I thought that we were dicussing the queue picture, of some people sitting on a staircase, and the only one that I knew there was Vanessa. It looks like I got the wrong picture, as you were discussing the BG/LG pic with Mika :insane:

that's the picture i was talking about also :teehee:

I think Mika just told a lie in this pic, watever he told u LGs n BGs right before this was probably a lie heehehe,,naughty MIKA:teehee: :blush-anim-cl:

Because he's touching his ear? Well he's always lying anyway so the odds are pretty good. :roftl:

You know it's funny, cos I think I prefer the first DVD performance wise, but the second DVD behind-the-scenes wise lol. And when Andy records the fans in the queues...where the hell does that footage go...? :aah:

I just pictured the most awkward thing imaginable of where the footage goes :lmfao:

*runs away*

Yes, I also prefer the documentary part of the PDP DVD, and then the gig part of the LICM DVD.

Re Andy's footage, he said that he has it all stored (though he was speaking about the actual gig footage, I think) and he will do something with it one day, but it's not looking hopeful. He mentioned something about how cool it would be to watch it in 10 years time :blink:.

I'd KILL to see some of those great older gigs on proper recording, so I hope that he hurries a bit more than that.

I missed the chat earlier about the two DVD's but I have to agree with what many said: PDP was great to watch, but not to listen to, so I'd much rather prefer to see a compilation of his best gigs, bits of different ones or just one whole gig, but preferably the ones where he's not under all that pressure to 'perform', and where he's relaxed and having a good time. His voice was not at its best in Paris, and therefore that performance was not as great as he normally is, which is a shame if people who aren't fans -and therefore, aren't aware of his real capabilities- are only going to judge him on that.

that's the picture i was talking about also :teehee:

Ah, ok :roftl:. So we had one picture in mind, and Marianne another. In the pic with Mika I recognise Marianne, Vanessa, Jazzy and Ircazo.

Argh, something I forgot about the gig, when we were having photos done afterwards, John was taking them, and he was trying to take one on Ircazo's (I think) camera but he couldn't get it to work. We were standing there for ages, holding our smiles trying not to blink, and then after about 15 seconds Mika just goes 'JOOOOOOOOOOHN!!!!!' It was well funny. He sounded like a little kid that was getting totally exasperated with his Dad.

Needless to say we all giggled.

A lot. :aah:

It was mine! :naughty: John took a lot of pictures and then suddendly he was fiddling with my camera and couldn't get it work. I got up from the floor, said it's mine and that I'll show him how it works. Mika looked at me like this: :blink:

:roftl:

Why did you think we all look so bored in my pic? :lol3:

Mikasgirls.jpg

Edited by Marianne84

Argh, something I forgot about the gig, when we were having photos done afterwards, John was taking them, and he was trying to take one on Ircazo's (I think) camera but he couldn't get it to work. We were standing there for ages, holding our smiles trying not to blink, and then after about 15 seconds Mika just goes 'JOOOOOOOOOOHN!!!!!' It was well funny. He sounded like a little kid that was getting totally exasperated with his Dad.

Needless to say we all giggled.

A lot. :aah:

:lmfao: I can soo picture that!

Does anyone have the beginning of Love Today on video? I would like to see how we walked like zombies and whacked flowers at Mika! :lmfao:

I haven't found any videos of that! They all begin when Mika starts singing. :sneaky2:

i don't really have much to say, but i thought, since i was at the concert, i'd post anyway:P reading all the reports here is making me jealous.. actually, not jealous, just mad at myself. it was my first concert and i got there like half an hour earlier so i obviously didn't see very much, i didn't wait for Mika at the end of the show etc.. ah well. i'll queue next time! and it was still completely awesome and totally worth the 30€. i was a fan before, but now i'm completely obsessed:D

It was mine! :naughty: John took a lot of pictures and then suddendly he was fiddling with my camera and couldn't get it work. I got up from the floor, said it's mine and that I'll show him how it works. Mika looked at me like this: :blink:

:roftl:

Why did you think we all look so bored in my pic? :lol3:

Mikasgirls.jpg

LOL aaaaw bless. That was such a cute moment though. :teehee:

Does anyone have the beginning of Love Today on video? I would like to see how we walked like zombies and whacked flowers at Mika! :lmfao:

I haven't found any videos of that! They all begin when Mika starts singing. :sneaky2:

I haven't managed to find any either. I wanna see how hard I hit him with the flowers! :naughty:

i don't really have much to say, but i thought, since i was at the concert, i'd post anyway:P reading all the reports here is making me jealous.. actually, not jealous, just mad at myself. it was my first concert and i got there like half an hour earlier so i obviously didn't see very much, i didn't wait for Mika at the end of the show etc.. ah well. i'll queue next time! and it was still completely awesome and totally worth the 30€. i was a fan before, but now i'm completely obsessed:D

Yay! I'm so glad you had a good time! He puts on a hell of a show so if you weren't crazy in love with him before you saw him, I'm sure you are now.

Welcome to the MFC! :thumb_yello:

Yes, I also prefer the documentary part of the PDP DVD, and then the gig part of the LICM DVD.

Re Andy's footage, he said that he has it all stored (though he was speaking about the actual gig footage, I think) and he will do something with it one day, but it's not looking hopeful. He mentioned something about how cool it would be to watch it in 10 years time :blink:.

I'd KILL to see some of those great older gigs on proper recording, so I hope that he hurries a bit more than that.

I missed the chat earlier about the two DVD's but I have to agree with what many said: PDP was great to watch, but not to listen to, so I'd much rather prefer to see a compilation of his best gigs, bits of different ones or just one whole gig, but preferably the ones where he's not under all that pressure to 'perform', and where he's relaxed and having a good time. His voice was not at its best in Paris, and therefore that performance was not as great as he normally is, which is a shame if people who aren't fans -and therefore, aren't aware of his real capabilities- are only going to judge him on that.

Ah, ok :roftl:. So we had one picture in mind, and Marianne another. In the pic with Mika I recognise Marianne, Vanessa, Jazzy and Ircazo.

10 years time!? Oh Lord :lmfao:

I don't think his voice was THAT bad in PDP :roftl::roftl:

jimmy1.th.jpg

Jimmy.

jimmy2q.th.jpg

Some more Jimmy

jimmy3.th.jpg

Again Jimmy

jimmydavid.th.jpg

Jimmy and David

meanddavid.th.jpg

Me and David

meandjimmy.th.jpg

Me and Jimmy

cherisse.th.jpg

Me and Cherisse

LOVE the pics! They're great! *fangurls*

Me: "Odd is good. By the way: Tegan from Australia says hi!"

Jimmy: "Oh :naughty: say hi to her as well!"

:fangurl: I finally get to see how you mentioned me...

Wait a minute... you know how you said "by the way", are you suggesting I'm odd??? :shocked:

I know i am odd, but I'm just checking...

I vote for Igor. He's TOTALLY an Igor. Totally.

Oh yeah. Igor Kannivor

Wait a minute... you're calling the puppet Igor?

My nickname is Igor!

Are you saying I'm ugly like the puppet?:tears:

Yeah. I didn't like it either ...

And when they film him talking about the show, all he does is bitchbitchbitch

He learnt from the mastahs :fisch:

LOVE the pics! They're great! *fangurls*

:fangurl: I finally get to see how you mentioned me...

Wait a minute... you know how you said "by the way", are you suggesting I'm odd??? :shocked:

I know i am odd, but I'm just checking...

Thanks! Remember that we talked a while ago in the Star trek thread that I really envy you for your impressive collection of pics with everyone in the bad you had in your siggie? and you told me I'd get mines one day too. I was thinking about this when I was being taken these photos. :wub2: You were right. :wub2:

noooo... :lol3: there was a break between the "odd is good" and the "By the way" during which he signed some stuff and when he was all silent I just told him that you said hi. :biggrin2::wink2:

Yay! I'm so glad you had a good time! He puts on a hell of a show so if you weren't crazy in love with him before you saw him, I'm sure you are now.

Welcome to the MFC! :thumb_yello:

thank you! and i am crazy in love with him now. i honestly didn't expect the concert to have this much effect on me but it was ridiculously good. so yeah. can't help it!