REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: Mika @ Gasometer, Vienna, Austria - March 29 2010

Droopsy

i was a bit reluctant at first, nevermind :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

I hardly ever talk miuch to people when meeting them for the first time, too, and in similar situation, spend minutes trying to figure out what I'm going to say:teehee: I guess it is a natural defence mechanism.

Hope there will be a second time to meet soon. :wink2:

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay so I finally found some time to log on here and try to find (and add) some of you I met! (couldn't find all of you!)

First of all, I want to say that I have never in my life met such nice people as that day. I am serious, you all blew me away, starting with all of you I met in the morning in front of the entrance (I was there 8,30 a.m., Tiibet was there already with her hubby and 3 more people). Usually at gigs people are just fake nice and way too competitive, a lot of times mean and rude (I've been to gigs in the UK, USA, Italy, Slovenia etc etc) and I was so surprised to see how nice everyone was! :D I really want to thank you all for being so lovely!

Mika....jesus, what can I say. He swept me of my feet. That was the very first time I saw him live and I CANNOT wait to see him again in july in EXIT fest, he literally changed my life, I feel like he fed me such energy and everything I needed...I can't explain but I have never been happier in my entire life. I was one of the Big Girls and it felt so good! I cannot believe I got rid of this complex about my weight I always had. And it's all thanks to this man. Amen, hallelujah :D :D :D

John was just soooo nice and I really thought that managers are usually cocky and care only about money but he surprised me, the way he handled everything, he took care of us...I am thankful.

The band was so playful and full of energy and they were also SO NICE, I mean what was this - world's nicest people convention? Haha sure did feel like it!

Okay that's it for now, I'm gonna read some reviews now!

Feel free to add me if you remember me (I'm the pink haired girl :))

xoxo

Kat

Mika....jesus, what can I say. He swept me of my feet. That was the very first time I saw him live and I CANNOT wait to see him again in july in EXIT fest, he literally changed my life, I feel like he fed me such energy and everything I needed...I can't explain but I have never been happier in my entire life.

Welcome to the club! :naughty: That's how he makes us all feel. I'm glad you had such a wonderful first gig. It was nice to meet you. :thumb_yello: Mika somehow manages to gather all the nicest people around him. He has the best fans and all.

I feel like I have changed too. I mean, it was my tenth gig so you might think I've seen it all, but I haven't. I've never been on stage with Mika before. I was too shy to even try. But now I just want to be a Lollipop Girl again at my next show. In fact I want to be a professional Lollipop Girl but that will never happen! :aah::roftl:

I hardly ever talk miuch to people when meeting them for the first time, too, and in similar situation, spend minutes trying to figure out what I'm going to say:teehee: I guess it is a natural defence mechanism.

Hope there will be a second time to meet soon. :wink2:

that'd be great!

well yes, that's a tough thing for me too. i can be pretty random in english, and the fact that you spoke my native language was a bit weird! :roftl: and I'm a quite introverted person anyway, i'm only "fun" when you actually know me. :mf_rosetinted: (that's maybe a little too confident to say...)

Okay so I finally found some time to log on here and try to find (and add) some of you I met! (couldn't find all of you!)

First of all, I want to say that I have never in my life met such nice people as that day. I am serious, you all blew me away, starting with all of you I met in the morning in front of the entrance (I was there 8,30 a.m., Tiibet was there already with her hubby and 3 more people). Usually at gigs people are just fake nice and way too competitive, a lot of times mean and rude (I've been to gigs in the UK, USA, Italy, Slovenia etc etc) and I was so surprised to see how nice everyone was! :D I really want to thank you all for being so lovely!

Mika....jesus, what can I say. He swept me of my feet. That was the very first time I saw him live and I CANNOT wait to see him again in july in EXIT fest, he literally changed my life, I feel like he fed me such energy and everything I needed...I can't explain but I have never been happier in my entire life. I was one of the Big Girls and it felt so good! I cannot believe I got rid of this complex about my weight I always had. And it's all thanks to this man. Amen, hallelujah :D :D :D

John was just soooo nice and I really thought that managers are usually cocky and care only about money but he surprised me, the way he handled everything, he took care of us...I am thankful.

The band was so playful and full of energy and they were also SO NICE, I mean what was this - world's nicest people convention? Haha sure did feel like it!

xoxo

Kat

Hello, so good to see you here, you pink haired girl!! :biggrin2: I remember you, it was lovely to meet you too! I'm so happy to hear that you had a fab time.... Vienna gig was one of the best gigs ever :wub2: And I know that feeling, it's so amazing to realize how lovely people they all are, Mika, John, the whole band, everyone so sweet and friendly!

xoxo

Kat

Freakin awesome report :fangurl: Lovely to meet you too!

i ran out of time - we went to Vienna by car and my dad sadly didn't sleep much the night before, so he almost fell asleep in the car when i was running around with Kriszti to look for Mika. I tried to persuade them that i'd be gone for only 10 minutes but dad really looked worn out. I had to stay up too and sing and shout and babble on about something so he wouldn't fall asleep driving on the highway. :blink: t'was scary.

:

Oh I see. :huh: maybe next time.

I wrote a report too, on my blog...

Nothing much, really...I guess you've heard most of the things already. But anyway...

http://ludmillamonk.blogspot.com/

what a lovely report, Zsina! :pinkbow: I'm so happy that you got to finally see your dream come true!

I really loved your report, zsina! :) ..especially because I felt exactly the same..! excepting the thing with your drawing ... which is absolutley great!! I hope you'll do something huge with your talent - he's so right - you are totally an artist! I am really glad for you, ..I wish I could know what he thought about the t-shirt I gave to him (the white one he wears on his shoulder throughout the m&g ^^)

wow zsina, I just read your report and I was at the back after the concert with you guys and I remember his reaction, I couldn't see the drawing from where I was standing but I could see how much he LOVED it, I bet he'll put it up on a wall somewhere!

I saw the picture now and I'm speechless! it's amazing :shocked:

Nothing much, really...I guess you've heard most of the things already. But anyway...

Oh ... you gave him the fairy pic in your sig ... I just looked at your blog ... it's amazing ... he must have loved it ... you are really really truly talented ... :wub2:

Hi Kat!

I remember you. Zsina even mentioned to me what good English you had. I guess you must have lived abroad for a while.

PS: See you in Novi Sad :biggrin2:

Edited by suzie

thanks for the reports and pictures everyone! love them:)

i think i have post concert depression. i never thought i'd say that, because i was always the one thinking "what the hell are they talking about, you just go to a concert, have fun, and move on with your life, right?". i guess not! it's been a week and i can hardly think of anything else, it's crazy.

thanks for the reports and pictures everyone! love them:)

i think i have post concert depression. i never thought i'd say that, because i was always the one thinking "what the hell are they talking about, you just go to a concert, have fun, and move on with your life, right?". i guess not! it's been a week and i can hardly think of anything else, it's crazy.

i totally agree! i´ve come to the conclusion that there is no life after seeing/meeting Mika.haha I also think i´ve scared potential lovers with all my mika talking =D and now i´m also starting to scare friends..they cant hear the name "mika" anymore.

Its the Mika obsession ruling my world!!! well..i hope that i´m not crazy. =D

Hi Kat!

I remember you. Zsina even mentioned to me what good English you had. I guess you must have lived abroad for a while.

PS: See you in Novi Sad :biggrin2:

oh thank you :teehee: yes I've lived in L.A. for 6 months :D

yay! I can't wait for EXIT! see ya :biggrin2:

Agree, just year ago it seemed I'll never get a chance to see him...traveling was quite hard because visas and chances he would come here were pretty slim too, and than both happened! Visa regime got canceled AND he's coming!:shocked::wub2::wub2::wub2:

I bet it was hard seeing him go to countries close to you and not being able to go..

But yay for the visa thing being cancelled!

xoxo

Kat

Awwww, glad you had a great time... and John and the band are very lovely!

so great! as mika said you are a really great artist! :thumb_yello:

about the Toy Boy part, i did feel the same at the very beginning when he appeared, singing Rain. it just felt too ridiculously easy to be just standing there and being able to see him perform for the first ever time! It was just long time coming. I didn't know whether to scream or sob in happiness, but after a few seconds of my mind going blank i gave in to the first option. :blush-anim-cl:

Hiya!

I am back from the coolest gig ever! :kachinga:

I must confess I had mixed feelings about going to Vienna because you don’t know what you can expect in small countries where Mika is hardly known at all. Also, with so many first gig-goers you’d almost expect a little bit of overexcitement (i.e. pushing). However, none of that happened. In fact, there was a most perfect combination of excitement and appreciation for Mika and really polite behaviour both during queueing and at the gig. The first 50 people arriving were from 15 different countries – most representing the ex Hamsburg empire, of course. :king: ( :biggrin2: )

The concert itself didn’t start too promising: the venue had a stange layout and the support act was rather ’funny’ ( :blink: ) but we couldn’t really laugh because we had cameras in our face throughout their performance. (:annoyed_h4h: ) I was trying to hide in embarrassment except when we were covered all in smoke as a result of someone experimenting with smoke machines left over from the eighties. :cool:

When the supporting band finished we saw more, much bigger cameras arriving – it turned out that they’d be filming the first 3 songs. (For online viewing only – so we were told, anyway. )

Then the lights went out and and the show was about to begin …. You could hear from the cheers that it will be a lively gig and a very active and reactive audience.

Rain, Big Girl and Stuck in the Middle were recorded and the crew left smoothly. You could actually feel from Stuck in the Middle onwards that it will be a great night. And it was! :groovy: You could tell that Mika loved the audience because of their involvement with the show. :pinkbow:

I am not going into details about the show again because I have ’analysed’ it already. The only real difference was the atmosphere and I was really pleased about it because if partly felt like a home gig.:blush-anim-cl:

Before the show we were talking about how many fans who have never been to concerts abroad think that the best atmosphere must be in London. It was far not the case with this tour at all, in my opinion. I only attended 4 shows in the UK (2 in London) and the audience was much more in touch with Mika in both Belfast and Bristol.

Anyway, my conclusion is that these relatively small, ’melting pot’ gigs are absolutely worth attending and I can only recommend it to anyone :thumb_yello:

PS: IT WAS LOVELY TO MEET YOU ALL!

Have to agree with your report. :thumb_yello: This is pretty much how I would have described it :) (Although can't say completely the same, but that's only cause I missed a part of the show being a BG)

it was wonderful :wub2:

Agreed!

Love how you posted the pic. (And now it's even on the front page.. scary.. :boxed: )

We look amazing nevertheless. Being a BG was definitely a cool experience!

Yay!!! You joined!!! I'm Jazzy, (obviously) but I was the one with the glasses yesterday. It was lovely meeting you. :thumb_yello:

Ahh, I finally see you here on MFC! :wink2: I am the Czech girl. (obviously, kinda) :naughty:

Uh... just finished reading all of this thread. Was nice to read all of the reports, they bring back the memories of that night :-) I was thinking about writing a report too, but since everyone described it so well into the last detail, it would probably be pointless, but I simply have to say it was an amazing gig :wink2: Glad Mika seemed so happy about the gig... that only means he is probably coming back on the next tour... which is amazing for all of us =]

Have to agree with your report. :thumb_yello: This is pretty much how I would have described it :) (Although can't say completely the same, but that's only cause I missed a part of the show being a BG)

Lucky you - you can have the same experience repeated again in your home country this summer.:thumb_yello:

Lucky you - you can have the same experience repeated again in your home country this summer.:thumb_yello:

Yup, I was lucky indeed. :) It was very unique.

Well I am not sure if I'd do it, I might probably just want to enjoy the gig.. but we'll see :wink2: Also I sort of suspect Mika for changing his show until then, so they might not be doing that later... but who knows. We will see :wink2:

Were you the one taking down the numbers? :)