REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: Mika @ Gasometer, Vienna, Austria - March 29 2010

Droopsy

He can choose at least ONE of the gigs to shoot his DVD. :wink2::lol3:

You know what would be really frustrating (for me I mean)...?

If he;d do it in Paris NOT on the 26th but on the 27th

I'd like to see him shoot it over a couple of gigs. He just had everything riding on PDP so it wasn't his greatest performance to capture on DVD IMO. I think they should film for several nights and use the best bits from each.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice! :naughty: Luckily they made us sign after the gig. I could have broken my neck and then decided not to sign it and sue him instead. :sneaky2:

Girls, have you seen the pics in the Munich thread? :das:

nevermind... :lol3:

erm...yeah...but you wouldn't have because you love him too much...or ?...:shocked::roftl:

I'd like to see him shoot it over a couple of gigs. He just had everything riding on PDP so it wasn't his greatest performance to capture on DVD IMO. I think they should film for several nights and use the best bits from each.

Yeah. That sounds like a good idea. :biggrin2:

Please keep your imagination in a leesh, young lady! :shun:

:floor: I can't stop laughing.

I apologise. He'll be the boy with one foot that's eleven stone...and the other's a twig...and I'm sure there's probably SOME sort of joke in there, but I just can't seem to nail it.

LOL talking about nailing things on Good Friday. Whoops!

Nice! :naughty: Luckily they made us sign after the gig. I could have broken my neck and then decided not to sign it and sue him instead. :sneaky2:

Yeah! I know! I thought John had forgotten because we were all sitting there before and we hadn't had any forms or anything. Maybe he hadn't printed them off yet or something.

Girls, have you seen the pics in the Munich thread? :das:

nevermind... :lol3:

erm...yeah...but you wouldn't have because you love him too much...or ?...:shocked::roftl:

Well, I think I might come up with something he could do to change my mind. I mean a gig in Finland of course! :fisch:

What pics? Link?

I'm not really sure about that...I'd rather a gig be the whole gig, and not really edited too much. Apart from obvious continuity issues as well, I think you'd notice the change in atmosphere too much.

I think what would need to be done, if he had an endless supply of money, would be to film maybe three shows and then choose the best out of them and then use that one and that one alone. I don't like the idea of mix and matching.

I apologise. He'll be the boy with one foot that's eleven stone...and the other's a twig...and I'm sure there's probably SOME sort of joke in there, but I just can't seem to nail it.

LOL talking about nailing things on Good Friday. Whoops!

Let's just end this joke...it's getting strange. :lmfao:

let's just stick to the good old Mika with TWO legs like twigs. :roftl:

Oh right. :doh:

totally agree. in pdp, some of the songs didn't sound good for whatever reason (nervous, too much running around on a huge stage etc...)

i'd like to see "the best of" kinda video. continuality wouldn't bother me one bit, it's not like i'm watching a soap opera :aah:

totally agree. in pdp, some of the songs didn't sound good for whatever reason (nervous, too much running around on a huge stage etc...)

i'd like to see "the best of" kinda video. continuality wouldn't bother me one bit, it's not like i'm watching a soap opera :aah:

Thank gawd I'm not the only one who thought that :teehee:

I don't even think about PDP that much, LiveICM is the only one that sticks out in my mind...

Let's just end this joke...it's getting strange. :lmfao:

let's just stick to the good old Mika with TWO legs like twigs. :roftl:

Oh right. :doh:

Hahah yeah, I think we should leave the legs alone now, hahah.

I think this more like what you had in mind...I mean it really does look like a gig in Finland! :dunno::wink2:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2882553&postcount=3

:lol3::das:

Oh goodness. :mf_lustslow: Thank you for that, just what I need before I venture out into the cold to walk my dog. That'll keep me warm for sure. :teehee:

Hahah yeah, I think we should leave the legs alone now, hahah.

Oh goodness. :mf_lustslow: Thank you for that, just what I need before I venture out into the cold to walk my dog. That'll keep me warm for sure. :teehee:

:lol3:

Good. And that's what I need for a nap right now.

I've been so tired these days...it has been a really exhausting gig. But it was all worth it!

take care! :huglove: talk to you soon!

I wouldn't care about the continuity either, I just want to see some good performances. Instead of having a documentary at the beginning and a separate concert, I'd like to see the concert footage intercut throughout a documentary about the tour (or at least a few cities). Led Zeppelin did this (along with some other random footage that is similar to what we have in videos today) and it's one of the greatest concert films ever and was played in cinemas for decades.

I thought that's what they were planning when he brought Andy on board to film the entire tour. A lot of memorable concert moments have been lost to the archives and all we've got is this massive show where Mika was wired and nervous and running around like crazy. I don't enjoy it at all and I haven't watched it since I brought it back from the UK and we viewed it once at Suzy's house.

If we'd had footage from the Dodgy Holiday Tour I probably would have watched it a thousand times by now.

I wouldn't care about the continuity either, I just want to see some good performances. Instead of having a documentary at the beginning and a separate concert, I'd like to see the concert footage intercut throughout a documentary about the tour (or at least a few cities). Led Zeppelin did this (along with some other random footage that is similar to what we have in videos today) and it's one of the greatest concert films ever and was played in cinemas for decades.

I thought that's what they were planning when he brought Andy on board to film the entire tour. A lot of memorable concert moments have been lost to the archives and all we've got is this massive show where Mika was wired and nervous and running around like crazy. I don't enjoy it at all and I haven't watched it since I brought it back from the UK and we viewed it once at Suzy's house.

If we'd had footage from the Dodgy Holiday Tour I probably would have watched it a thousand times by now.

Yeah :emot-sad: I didn't like it either ...

And when they film him talking about the show, all he does is bitchbitchbitch :teehee:

Which video is this?

Zsina your artwork is mind-blowingly good. :shocked: All of Mika's features are rendered as perfectly as if it was a realistic drawing, but you always add a great fantastical spin as well. The one with Mika's sisters is just unbelievable - it looks like a photo but of course it can't be. And I really love your Toy Boy interpretation.

This one:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tibsu14#p/a/u/0/sqi8aXpnQe4

:original:

Wish I could help you with the remix, Zsina, but :dunno:

I did want to say, though, that I just saw the video of you giving Mika

your fabulous drawing! What an amazing moment for you! You can

tell he was truly impressed -- and how excited you must have been

when he told you what a wonderful artist you are, because YOU ARE!

I was so thrilled for you! :huglove:

I was excited yeah!! ....I was really curious what his reaction will be like... but I'm happy, I know he liked it! :wub2:

Thank you so much! :blush-anim-cl::wub2:

Which video is this?

Zsina your artwork is mind-blowingly good. :shocked: All of Mika's features are rendered as perfectly as if it was a realistic drawing, but you always add a great fantastical spin as well. The one with Mika's sisters is just unbelievable - it looks like a photo but of course it can't be. And I really love your Toy Boy interpretation.

Thank you very much! :huglove: I'm so glad you guys like them... well I gues it's only those who know Mika and his music can understand things like the Toy Boy drawing, and your reactions are the most important for me if it comes to a Mika drawing/illustration. :mf_rosetinted:

Yes, that's it....I sound so silly when I say 'You're welcome'. Embarrassing. :blush-anim-cl:

PS.: Let's hope Mika will have that Rain version released soon!

Totally agree. I understand that Mika was very proud of PDP both for the size and the amount of work that went into it, and I'm not surprised he made a DVD of it - his first ever stadium show. But his performance at that gig wasn't up to his usual standard for two reasons: he's obviously nervous and worried about all the details, and he's running around that massive stage which affected his ability to sing as well as we know he can. :no:

From the perspective of an uber-fan, I'd love to have a DVD of footage from last summer's acoustic tour. I've never heard him sound better than when he didn't have giant stages to run around and a hundred theatrical details to worry about. :wub2: But realizing that the general wider fanbase wants to hear the songs sounding more like the album, I agree with the idea a best-of compilation spanning a few "regular" gigs on the tour, intercut with documentary footage. :wub2:

I kind of prefer seeing a complete gig And I certainly preferred teh pdp doco to the LICM one which was at least 50% gig clips leaving the actual doco element rather short (though seeing little bits of the different shows was quite interesting.) I've watched the pdp doco more than anything he's done and prefer that show to Olympia, though I still watch both. I loved seeing him running round that huge stage- so athletic- it was a real performance- if I want to hear beautiful singing I listen to the album.

Having only seen Imaginarium in a small venue, I'd have liked to have seen it on dvd in a big one. But I didn't see 1955 at all, and depending how different the next few gigs are, I suppose it would be worth giving up a complete gig so everyone could see all of the versions (though I'd quite happily buy separate dvds :teehee:)

Edited by Soaring Simpson

:wub2: He loves it. :wub2: Justifiably so! :thumb_yello:

Totally agree. I understand that Mika was very proud of PDP both for the size and the amount of work that went into it, and I'm not surprised he made a DVD of it - his first ever stadium show. But his performance at that gig wasn't up to his usual standard for two reasons: he's obviously nervous and worried about all the details, and he's running around that massive stage which affected his ability to sing as well as we know he can. :no:

From the perspective of an uber-fan, I'd love to have a DVD of footage from last summer's acoustic tour. I've never heard him sound better than when he didn't have giant stages to run around and a hundred theatrical details to worry about. :wub2: But realizing that the general wider fanbase wants to hear the songs sounding more like the album, I agree with the idea a best-of compilation spanning a few "regular" gigs on the tour, intercut with documentary footage. :wub2:

I must say that I enjoy the PDP dvd mainly for the visual aspects. What I like most on it is the documentary, especially when it comes to giving an insight into the development of the stage design for that show. So that's right up my alley.

The concert itself doesn't do him justice at all and my favourite moment is really the one at the end of the documentary when they show him shortly before he's about to enter the stage. It's not something I'd show my not-into-Mika friends to give them an idea about him.

I liked how they included bits and pieces of different gigs in the LICM dvd. I would have loved to see whole songs, yet I think that documentary was well done.

I would like to see a Best Of collection, too. Although that is subjective again. In addition I'd like to revisit the acoustic tour, too. As much as I think Mika's versatility is incredible and this needs to be communicated to the ignorant folk out there (:teehee: kidding, but not so much), I'd love to see a separate volume for the acoustic tour.

Argh, something I forgot about the gig, when we were having photos done afterwards, John was taking them, and he was trying to take one on Ircazo's (I think) camera but he couldn't get it to work. We were standing there for ages, holding our smiles trying not to blink, and then after about 15 seconds Mika just goes 'JOOOOOOOOOOHN!!!!!' It was well funny. He sounded like a little kid that was getting totally exasperated with his Dad.

Needless to say we all giggled.

A lot. :aah:

You don't recognize me then?! :shocked: We have met, although it was a million years ago. :naughty: I'm next to Mika in the pic. My hair is on his knee for God's sake! :lmfao:

It was the first gig for many of the girls, and the Croatian girls weren't so active here, so I don't know their usernames. :naughty: I hope they will come online more often. :thumb_yello: I'm not sure if they would like their real names to be here, so I won't post them. The Brazilian/Austrian Lollipop Girl in the middle of the picture just joined here after the gig! You can find her posts on the first pages of this thread. :thumb_yello:

Marianne, of course I recognise you, you nutcase!!! :lmfao: Even rthough you've changed your hair colour :naughty:.

I thought that we were dicussing the queue picture, of some people sitting on a staircase, and the only one that I knew there was Vanessa. It looks like I got the wrong picture, as you were discussing the BG/LG pic with Mika :insane: