MIKA @ Prague, Czech Republic - CANCELLED

dcdeb

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes.

The mail I got:

"Hello,

we are sorry to announce that the MIKA 26.7. has been cancelled.

It is possible to return or change the tickets at Prague Tourist Center, Rytirska 12, Prague 1 (Mo - Fri 9:00 - 19:00, Sa - Su: 12:00 - 19:00) or you can send the tickets to Ticketpro a.s., Klimentska 22, 110 00 Prague 1 and we will refund you the money.

S pozdravem,

Ticketpro a.s.

oddìlení péèe o zákazníky´"

so sas for all of you.....and why? :shocked:

i refuse to believe it for now, hoping it's just a software mistake or something. i mean, WHY would they cancel it?! maybe the admins/mods can check back with team mika for this?

:sad: :sad: :sad:

so sas for all of you.....and why? :shocked:

Well, the page says "technical and productional issues"... whatever that is supposed to mean :confused: .. i just hope it doesn't mean "not enough tickets were sold"... cause that would really not be cool.

Oh no :blink:

Just checked my emails and I got the same email...Was really looking forwards to this gig...

Anybody knows why the gig was cnacelled? Is there any official reason for that?

So in order to get the money back we have to send the ticket to the tourist office, did I get that right?

I think I'll cancel my trip if there's no gig...could spend the money on other things instead.

Really disappointed...

Well, the page says "technical and productional issues"... whatever that is supposed to mean :confused: .. i just hope it doesn't mean "not enough tickets were sold"... cause that would really not be cool.

that also was given as the reason for the postponement of amsterdam etc. - but then, why cancel? can't they just postpone it? or if they didn't sell enough tickets, move it to a smaller venue?!

i refuse to believe it for now, hoping it's just a software mistake or something. i mean, WHY would they cancel it?! maybe the admins/mods can check back with team mika for this?

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Well it is hard to believe, but then again, all of the webpages that sell tickets already announced the cancellation... and I seriously don't get why they would cancel it either... I mean, "technical and productional issues".. really? What does that even mean? .... And yeah, let's hope that we get some sort of explanation from the Mika team because this is really not cool. I actually stopped believing we will ever get our gig :( ... So... at least if they explained why they had to cancel it. This is so not cool especially since most of the audience is from abroad and had to book hotels, and pay for trains/flights... i feel so sorry for all of you who had to do that!

can't believe it yet....

THIS SUCKS!!!!!!! :blowup:

Tell me about that... and I was already fooled into thinking that we would be lucky enough to get a gig. Well, now it seems like "never".. :mf_rosetinted:

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

although I haven't received any e-mail yet...

PS: I actually am not that surprised... he wouldn't sell an arena gig in Budapest, either, so the situation in Czechia can't be much different. :sad:

Oh no :blink:

Just checked my emails and I got the same email...Was really looking forwards to this gig...

Anybody knows why the gig was cnacelled? Is there any official reason for that?

So in order to get the money back we have to send the ticket to the tourist office, did I get that right?

I think I'll cancel my trip if there's no gig...could spend the money on other things instead.

Really disappointed...

The oficial reason, as stated on the webpages that sell the tickets, as I already wrote "technical and productional issues" .. but yet no explanation from the Mika team.

Actually, you should send the tickets here: "Ticketpro a.s., Klimentska 22, 110 00 Praha 1" ... (if you bought it through http://www.ticketpro.cz ) ...

Yeah... there's really no point in coming... :( better save it for a gig that actually stands a chance of not being cancelled... :sneaky2:

that also was given as the reason for the postponement of amsterdam etc. - but then, why cancel? can't they just postpone it? or if they didn't sell enough tickets, move it to a smaller venue?!

Yeah... I am thinking the same.. :blink: Like I am absolutely confused. The reason for cancellation given is just not enough of an explanation or reason to me to acutally cancel the thing... and on the webpage, there is absolutely no word about postponing.. but then again, I guess the word "cancelled" pretty much means - not going to happen on that date, not going to happen ever.. :mf_rosetinted:

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

although I haven't received any e-mail yet...

PS: I actually am not that surprised... he wouldn't sell an arena gig in Budapest, either, so the situation in Czechia can't be much different. :sad:

Well... but that is something we all knew from the beginning, so why announce the gig in the first place... :blink: Do you think they realized there is just not that many people coming now, all those months after announcing the gig?... Well, maybe it actually is the reason...

what if i bought a print-yourself online ticket though? do i have to send it to them? makes no sense really. :blink:

That really doesn't. :blink: What webpage did you buy it through then? I shall check what you do about that then...

Well... but that is something we all knew from the beginning, so why announce the gig in the first place... :blink: Do you think they realized there is just not that many people coming now, all those months after announcing the gig?... Well, maybe it actually is the reason...

I think it actually depends on the promoters of the gig. They might have thought they'd sell enough tickets but failed to do so and had obviously no option of moving it to another, smaller venue. :dunno:

Well it is hard to believe, but then again, all of the webpages that sell tickets already announced the cancellation... and I seriously don't get why they would cancel it either... I mean, "technical and productional issues".. really? What does that even mean? .... And yeah, let's hope that we get some sort of explanation from the Mika team because this is really not cool. I actually stopped believing we will ever get our gig :( ... So... at least if they explained why they had to cancel it. This is so not cool especially since most of the audience is from abroad and had to book hotels, and pay for trains/flights... i feel so sorry for all of you who had to do that!

Oh no..."technical and productional issues"...I agree with melldy. They could simply have postponed it or moved to another venue. I don't get it.

Did you call one of the ticket selling sites and ask them about it? But I doubt they know more than what's officially stated on their homepage.

Maybe team Mika knows more? Would love to know if this is real (don't want it to be!), but it most certainly looks like it is.

So sad for all of the Chech fans who were so looking forwards to get a Mika gig in their country :blink:

::huglove:

The oficial reason, as stated on the webpages that sell the tickets, as I already wrote "technical and productional issues" .. but yet no explanation from the Mika team.

Actually, you should send the tickets here: "Ticketpro a.s., Klimentska 22, 110 00 Praha 1" ... (if you bought it through http://www.ticketpro.cz ) ...

Yeah... there's really no point in coming... :( better save it for a gig that actually stands a chance of not being cancelled... :sneaky2:

Thank you. Got my ticket through Ticketpro, so that's what I need to do then. Oh dear...I think I will wait until tonight to see how things turn (and not make another impulsive decision in canceling everything right away)...

Prague is definitely worth a visit. But I will look for a better time to so so :wink2:

That really doesn't. :blink: What webpage did you buy it through then? I shall check what you do about that then...

ticketpro.cz. guess i'll just write them back on their e-mail and ask. :wink2: but first waiting for an official confirmation from team mika, before i cancel anything.

I think it actually depends on the promoters of the gig. They might have thought they'd sell enough tickets but failed to do so and had obviously no option of moving it to another, smaller venue. :dunno:

I guess you're right.. but you know what, I was wondering, whether the other gigs on the central/eastern european leg of the tour were cancelled and they weren't... and for some reason I refuse to believe that for example the Russian gigs were selling better than this one.. (or were they?) ... apart from the Czechs, there were many Slovaks, Austrians, Polish and German coming... and not to mention the other fans... :(

Archived