MIKA @ Prague, Czech Republic - CANCELLED

dcdeb

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:

although I haven't received any e-mail yet...

PS: I actually am not that surprised... he wouldn't sell an arena gig in Budapest, either, so the situation in Czechia can't be much different. :sad:

That really doesn't. :blink: What webpage did you buy it through then? I shall check what you do about that then...

I think it actually depends on the promoters of the gig. They might have thought they'd sell enough tickets but failed to do so and had obviously no option of moving it to another, smaller venue. :dunno:

:crybaby: Why? I've already bought my flight tickets. I can't change them for another gig. :boxed:

Suzie is probably right, but why did they organize gig in the Teszla Arena which is a pretty big venue as far as I know? Couldn't it place in the smaller venue before?:blink:

Thank God we haven't bought our flight ticket yet and as for the accomodation we should go to our cousin there...So not big deal but still I'm pretty desperate.:boxed:

I'm so sorry for you guys and for all MFCrs including me and Keti :sad:

Myself and Deb just asked .. will inform if / when we get anything:thumb_yello:

thanx... if possible, please also ask them whether any more cancellations are to be expected. i might do riga instead, or something else where i can get to for the same price as prague, but in the past i've seen that normally it's more than one cancellation/postponement, once they start with it. :aah:

Thanks! :thumb_yello: Can't believe this is happening again :blink: I spent a lot of money for flights and cannot have my money back (to use it for another gig). Why couldn't they just use a smaller venue if it didn't sell enough...

So sorry for all of you guys!!:huglove:

That really sucks....:mad3:

Really does!! :( Somehow I just lost all hope that Mika could ever play a gig here. If he doesn't now, he probably won't ever... :tears:

Thank you :wub2:

Thanks! :thumb_yello: Can't believe this is happening again :blink: I spent a lot of money for flights and cannot have my money back (to use it for another gig). Why couldn't they just use a smaller venue if it didn't sell enough...

Awww, that sucks dear. You already spent a lot of money for the gigs and tickets and now again the same thing. So sorry...:sad:

Now I start to fear how many cancellations can we expect including the Exit festival in Serbia?:aah: And the other ones in the Eastern Europe during the summer?

I guess you're right.. but you know what, I was wondering, whether the other gigs on the central/eastern european leg of the tour were cancelled and they weren't... and for some reason I refuse to believe that for example the Russian gigs were selling better than this one.. (or were they?) ... apart from the Czechs, there were many Slovaks, Austrians, Polish and German coming... and not to mention the other fans... :(

Most Hungarian MFCers are/were planning to go as well but I think it all depends on local demand, really, as only hard core fans travel abroad and their number is very small compared to the 9000 people they expected to turn up for the event...

Russia should be fine I guess, but I do wonder about another Eastern country with only 2 million inhabitants, planning a gig at similar scale (in an arena) a week later ... but let's just concentrate on this one now. As the cancellation has not been confirmed yet, let's hope for the best.

Oh no..."technical and productional issues"...I agree with melldy. They could simply have postponed it or moved to another venue. I don't get it.

Did you call one of the ticket selling sites and ask them about it? But I doubt they know more than what's officially stated on their homepage.

Maybe team Mika knows more? Would love to know if this is real (don't want it to be!), but it most certainly looks like it is.

So sad for all of the Chech fans who were so looking forwards to get a Mika gig in their country :blink:

::huglove:

Yeah... well....same here. Don't get it. There were celebrities like 50Cent and Rihanna, who sold even less and still performed... hmmm.

Yeah, I also doubt that... and even more, that even if they knew something, that they would actually tell me.

Thank you. Got my ticket through Ticketpro, so that's what I need to do then. Oh dear...I think I will wait until tonight to see how things turn (and not make another impulsive decision in canceling everything right away)...

Prague is definitely worth a visit. But I will look for a better time to so so :wink2:

Yeah.... it's better to wait a while, those few hours don't make a change anyway...

Exactly. Maybe one day you can visit when there's another good event. (Notice the another - don't believe it will be Mika's gig.. :mf_rosetinted: )

Awww, that sucks dear. You already spent a lot of money for the gigs and tickets and now again the same thing. So sorry...:sad:

Now I start to fear how many cancellations can we expect including the Exit festival in Serbia?:aah: And the other ones in the Eastern Europe during the summer?

So many cancelled gigs this year already :aah::aah::aah: And booked and paid flights are impossible to cancel... I'm really worried about the Eastern European gigs too.

ticketpro.cz. guess i'll just write them back on their e-mail and ask. :wink2: but first waiting for an official confirmation from team mika, before i cancel anything.

Yup, that is probably better :thumb_yello:

Thank you! :thumb_yello:

Oh no. That sucks! So sorry for everyone who's using a lot of money...I would only lose a small amount of money for canceling my train tickets. I guess the rest is refundable...

Just hope that no more gigs will be cancelled...

Oh NOOO :shocked: what?? Why?? Why is it cancelled? :tears:

I'm so sorry for all the Czech fans... :tears:

That is the question we've all been askin ourselves for the past few hours.. :/ You were supposed to come as well, huh? :(

Thanks... :tears::wub2:

I feel your pain when its cancelled or it doesnt happen .. not nice:boxed:

my biggest fear atm is that other gigs will be cancelled too. not losing much money with prague cancellation... but might book another gig instead... and if he cancels arbon, i'll die - huge bday present surprise from the german fans planned there. :aah:

Suzie is probably right, but why did they organize gig in the Teszla Arena which is a pretty big venue as far as I know? Couldn't it place in the smaller venue before?:blink:

Thank God we haven't bought our flight ticket yet and as for the accomodation we should go to our cousin there...So not big deal but still I'm pretty desperate.:boxed:

I'm so sorry for you guys and for all MFCrs including me and Keti :sad:

Yeah... it holds around 7000 people... (for hockey games etc, probably less for gigs) ... I don't get why they didn't book a smaller venue as well.

Yeah... I know exactly what you mean... I mean i can refund everything, but the pain it caused me can't be fixed that easily :mf_rosetinted: (:roftl: wow that just really sounded like some soap opera script)

... :(

So many cancelled gigs this year already And booked and paid flights are impossible to cancel... I'm really worried about the Eastern European gigs too.

I can imagine how you feel. That's really bad luck for someone who's so devoted Mika fan. And you're quite right, we have to be prepeared for some more unpleasent news these days. Maybe.:blink:

I feel your pain when its cancelled or it doesnt happen .. not nice:boxed:

Thanks for understanding Freddie. But we were warned before that things like that could happen.:dunno:

That is the question we've all been askin ourselves for the past few hours.. :/ You were supposed to come as well, huh? :(

Thanks... :tears::wub2:

We supposed to come together and stay in Prague for a while...Such a shame.:sad:

Guessing the promoters were being very unrealistic. :boxed:

I'm so sorry for you guys !:emot-sad:Why couldn't they have moved it to a smaller venue ?:boxed:

I hope the gig in Romania on the 24th of July isn't canceled :aah:

Thanks, vanessa :)

No idea.. still so many unanswered questions about all this... :blink:

I really hope not!! That would be so uncool.... I mean obviously, there is going to be less people coming in Czech Rep./Romania/etc. than in France/UK ... that must have been clear from the very start. I just hope they don't make another mistake by cancelling in Romania too...

Yeah... it holds around 7000 people... (for hockey games etc, probably less for gigs) ... I don't get why they didn't book a smaller venue as well.

Yeah... I know exactly what you mean... I mean i can refund everything, but the pain it caused me can't be fixed that easily :mf_rosetinted: (:roftl: wow that just really sounded like some soap opera script)

... :(

No, not at all. I'd feel even worse than you to tell the truth.:naughty:

But I was really shocked about the venue at the first place cos my cousin who's been living in Prague very long told me he was surprised for the choice of a such big arena.

Cos Mika, according to him, is not so famous in Check Republic and he doubted they'd sell tickets out.:boxed:

Archived