What did u do when u met Mika?

mikaliciousyaz

Hey everyone!!!

How are you? Today, i came up with this question: What did u guys do when u met Mika, that is if u ever did meet him. I know for sure that i did something crazy and possibly stupid. I went up to him and immediately told him he's gorgeous and beautiful. And then i talked so much...about everything (of course Mika-related, not something random). At the beginning, i kept on telling him, 'Oh, Mika, u're soo beautiful, u're soo gorgeous." LOL i was soo stupid. And, when i told him my name, he said that's his sister's name and i was like,"I KNOW!!!"...he probably thought i was an idiot, of course now that i think of it, it's weird cuz i thought i was gonna be soo shy and not say anything.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lemme see.... the first thing i did was ask why he didnt play Touches You :roftl: Besides that.... checked out his @ss so much so i told a girl next to me to check it out too.... asked him if i could hold my hand on his tummy when we got out pic taken (could)... thats all i can think of right now! :naughty:

Do you consider it is necessary to plan carefully in advance what to do and speak, when will meet Mika? I at all do not wish to think of it. To be similar to the learnt doll? It is necessary to be natural:wink2:

oh boy let's see...sorry if i get carried away :biggrin2:

well, i smiled. luckily i was saved from my few seconds of speechlessness by him signing his autograph. But then my friend behind me annoyingly said "SHE'S A HUGE FAN!" and i shushed her and then turned to him and said something like i really do adore your music and your shows, you were fantastic tonight! and when he heard that I had an american accent (i was in berlin) he said "you're not from around here are you?" and i told him I was from new york and he said "NO!!! really? all the way from new york??" he really didnt believe me, but when i mentioned his past two NYC gigs, he eventually did. So we chatted for a bit about New York (i was DYINGGG inside that i was actually CONVERSING with Mika, but i think i managed to hold myself together quite nicely) and then i gave him the bracelets i made (there are pics in the Mika Fan Art thread) and totally had a fangurl moment when it seemed that he genuinely liked them, and then he was kind enough to take a picture (he said "well,since you're here all the way from New York..." :) ) and i managed to stay calm until i got into the cab back to the hotel and i lost it :hypo: definition fangurl, my friends thought i was crazy! :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

asked him if i could hold my hand on his tummy when we got out pic taken (could)... thats all i can think of right now! :naughty:

Ooooh, I'm surprised he said yes.. I just assumed you put your hand on his tummy and he didn't say anything...

Do you consider it is necessary to plan carefully in advance what to do and speak, when will meet Mika? I at all do not wish to think of it. To be similar to the learnt doll? It is necessary to be natural:wink2:

Lena, I think it depends on the person. I'm quite shy in real life so I find it much easier to speak to people when I think of what I want to say beforehand.

If you are comfortable going up to people and talking to them then I don't think you need to plan what you say.

Okay, I've talked to Mika twice... the first time, I was so nervous that I had to remind myself to breathe, and about the only thing I could do was ask for an autograph and a picture... I also checked out his arse (:das::blush-anim-cl:)

The second time, I rehearsed what I wanted to say and when he was meeting people in the meet and greet I stepped forward, got his attention and just talked to him. I completely forgot to ask for an autograph and we weren't allowed to get pictures with him, though I did ask for a hug and he was happy to hug me! :wub2: We had quite a good conversation about how I had recovered after being sick... I managed to look him in the eyes for most of it which is surprising because giving people eye contact makes me very uncomfortable :blush-anim-cl:

I don't think I'll say too much to him next time cause I have absolutely nothing I want to say to him now... except maybe get an autograph and picture! :biggrin2:

Well.. I "met" Mika more then twice but these two belong together:

* Munich 2007: Before we went there, Leator had written Mika a letter to let him know that we were going to see this gig. Afterwards, Melody introduced us as the first MFC-couple and Mika immediately respond with: "oooh yes!! you are the ones who are getting married, right?? :biggrin2:"

(think about it: this was our first date ever.. :roftl:) so, both Leator and I were like: "NO!! :shocked:"

* Munich 2010: Now when we met Mika, it was because he wanted to gratulate us with our engagement..:teehee: Was very nice and we joked around a bit..:pinkbow:

I think that guy is psychic..:blink:

The first time I met him I handed him my LICM DVD to sign... Upside down. He said "turn it around," so I did, feeling foolish.

All I could think of was... "He looks just like he does on the telly and he speaks the same way too! He's actually a REAL PERSON!!"

I told him how wonderful he is and that he's brought such joy into the world with his work. He said "Awwwe, thank you."

I've met him three times more since then. each time is magical.

:naughty:

Ok my turn my turn!!!

I seem to have an abnormal behaviour when I'm around him...not because I get all :freak: but because I'm just TOO normal. You know when I'm at home and I find out new things about him and such, I start to cry, to shake, to scream and therefore you could tell that I'm the kind that faints when she's close to Mika. But I'm nothing like that. :blink::lmfao: I fell just OK. it feels just normal...as if I'm doing it everyday. I almost feel guilty for feeling so normal. I should at least get some goosebumps or something...but nope...not me. :shun:

So both of the times I've met him so far...I have...TALKED. Like an idiot. I seem to get all chatty and have nothing to say basically. :lmfao: Luckily the second time I met him...he talked aswell. :teehee: (see my siggie) and it was a bit strange. Because it finally felt weird to me to have him talking so much (I mean it really felt much at the moment) and also nice of him to explain me how he lost his medal. :aah:

:wub2:

The first time I met him was last June, in Milan.

I was a bit nervous, but not that much because I had already seen him arrive at the venue and realised he was real and genuine and I realised I wasn't acting fangurly around him. Phew.

After the show we waited for him and when he arrived, I did everything very quickly (I didn't want to take too much of his time you see?): I gave him my portraits, asked for an autograph, telling him about the portraits. Then Mana told him I cried during the whole show - thank you Mana! haha He laughed and I said I really really enjoyed his show, that it was my first Mika-gig. I said thank you. And he smiled and looked at me for a while and well then something happened in my brain. I held out my cheek (is it the way to say that in English? lol) for a kiss and he kissed me, he was really surprised, and I was too, god what had I just done?? Then he said "ok a second kiss" and kissed my on the other cheek :teehee: After that I was a bit ashamed... A kiss... gosh, how stupid. Mana kept assuring me I was very polite and did it in a very polite way but still haha. My siggy picture was taken just after the kiss by the way. I don't think he looks pissed, but you never know lol. Anyway, that was my first Mika moment :aah:

* Munich 2007: Before we went there, Leator had written Mika a letter to let him know that we were going to see this gig. Afterwards, Melody introduced us as the first MFC-couple and Mika immediately respond with: "oooh yes!! you are the ones who are getting married, right?? :biggrin2:"

(think about it: this was our first date ever.. :roftl:) so, both Leator and I were like: "NO!! :shocked:"

* Munich 2010: Now when we met Mika, it was because he wanted to gratulate us with our engagement..:teehee: Was very nice and we joked around a bit..:pinkbow:

I love that story... should have a thread about Mika's premonition..haha!

Thanks for this thread.. gives me a chance to look back.. I've met & spoken to him 5 times now.. though it's not as many times as some of you had or as much as I like, it's just right for me to remember each meeting vividly. Good luck reading all these!!! :naughty:

First time I met him was at a meet & greet in Hong Kong in May 2007. I thought I'd know what to say when I see him, but I was speechless when I was walking up to him. It was him that came closer and said that he liked my shirt.. (my friends & hand printed a t-shirt - it says Mika Magic on it). Then I told him about the disaster we had with the T-shirt. He was taken aback cause I think I sounded like a loon when I said, "it didn't turn out as how I wanted it too.. I wanted it to say Mika is magic.. but because of the design.. we had no space for that, so instead we printed 'Mika's Magic' but when we finally printed it and I tried it on, it looked as if my boobs were your magic.." then I laugh..(goon) My chaperon from Universal saved me, she said "she is officially your biggest fan from Malaysia, she has something for you". Just when I was about to show him what we made for him, he noticed my MFC badge.. he said something like "Ah you're a member" then I paused and told him about how I got the badge.. long story about how Freddie posted it to Bristol for free & then it was posted to me in Kuala Lumpur.. he said "it's amazing..I must sign stuff for you" (at this point Jerry was confused.. seemed like he didn't know about the MFC, anyway that's a different story). I took off my sling poster container and said.. "I feel like hiro Nakamura".. he said "who's that?" (He didn't know about Heroes.. & that's when Heroes was huge!) I explained a bit and gave him the poster we made.. & asked him if he knows 'Where's Wally. He said, "Yes he loves Where's Wally..." Then I said " Well, it's a 'Where's Mika Poster.. it has tiny Mika's hidden all over it.." that's when he started staring at the poster really close like an excited little boy...and kept going "that's me.. that's me..that's me...he said thank you and offered a picture together.. eventhough.. the security said no individual pictures at the beginning :biggrin2: Got him to sign my copy of the poster & CDs. He spelled my name wrong and I told him off..haha. I had the shock of my life when he rested his head on my head for the pic.. thank God I was standing properly, otherwise we would have both lost our balance. After we had the picture taken I realised I forgot to give him the bracelet I got him.. so I told him and he let me put it on his wrist. Then the others spoke to him and we had a group picture taken. Part of that was on video, so that helps me to remember, somewhere during our conversation I remember telling him I'm a huge fan.. I watched him on youtube every night since I discovered him.. proper fangurl like.. quite embarrassing..

OMG:boxed: How long is that entry..

2nd meeting was in Birmingham in 2008

After the gig.. there was a m&g.. I was queuing with Cynthia and Moriina (Naomi) and a girl from Japan, when I went up to him I said, "I'm sure you don't remember me, but we've met". He said, "Where have we met?" "Hong Kong" I said. He then had this surprised look on his face. He said "You're that girl that gave me that poster! I said, " Yes".. He said, he can't believe I've come all the way ..I said "well when are you coming to Malaysia?".. he then tried to figure out closer gigs for me to go to.. I told him Cythia and Naomi had come from the US & ..pointed to the Japanese girl- "she's come from Japan!" I gave him the candles I got him.. and he was very excited.. before I could say they were scented he started smelling them already.. one fell and he picked up and smelled that too! Funny.. I passed him the T-shirt I wore in Hong Kong to sign.. reminded him about it and he started writing on it... I noticed him spell my name wrong again.. and told him off again..I didn't see what he was writing after that..so had a nice surprise when I left the venue. They told us no picture, but somehow, Mika was ready for one, so I got another photo with him. :wub2:

3rd meeting - Brixton 2008

Waited after gig.. more ppl to see him there..my sister & I were waiting in line by the car he was getting on.. he walked down the line and signed stuff and spoke to ppl... but for some reason he decided to go straight to the car before he got to us...he walked straight passed us to the car, as he was entering the car.. I called out "Mika, It's Jassmin from Malaysia!" He turned and looked straight at me.. but he was already entering the car. The security man shut the car behind him.. and we couldn't see a thing cause the car windows were tinted.. in split seconds.. the car door reopens and Mika looked out and asked me his famous words.. "How are you?" I said "ok..is my poster still in your flat?" He said "yes" ..don't remember what else I said or he said but then I asked if we could have a signature for my sister.. he said I can't do pictures, sorry.. I said no.. signature, as in autograph.. he said.. yeah sure.. my sister passed him her thingie to sign and he signed it.. We said thank you.. he smiled, waved and the car leaves..

Wow.. it's interesting to have written all that.. I bet I'll dream of Mika tonight..

4th meeting - Sadler's Wells 2009

Waited next to rose in the queue. When he got to me he was only looking at my hands and grabbbed my Songs for Sorrow EP to sign.. he was still answering Rose's question at the time ..but I had to say something quick or else he'd pass me without noticing.. so I said.."Mika, remember me? Jassmin from .. malaysia.. even before I finish my sentence I noticed the surprise look on his face.. this is on video.. so i remember it clearly.. very funny expression.. and he even made a sound like haaaaaa.. "How are you..My God, You've travelled far.." I said.. "No, no I haven't this time" He said "Thank God. How are you?" "Great... I love your new songs" I said. He replied "you do? Good.. good..that is a scary feeling" I said" They're slightly twisted, but..." "twisted.. but in a good way." I said "yeah.." He then waved.. and said.."wow.." :wub2:

5th meeting - itunes Fest, Round House 2009

For some reason, that night I felt like I should stand back a little..so I was on second row from the barrier. anyway.. he walked down the aisle.. I said, "Mika it's Jassmin!" He looked at me and said " Where..." and I foolishly replied "Hong Kong, Birmingham, Brixton, Sadler's Wells.. " He was a little annoyed with the answer I think.. obviously he knows we've met before.. then he said.. "Where do you live?" Then it struck me.. what an idiot I was.. told him.. i was living there for a while, but will leave soon.." I asked if my poster is still in his flat..(only cause I have no idea what to say, disturbed by my foolish reply) He said.. like well all the gifts are now in storage somewhere, bla bla..I was so disturbed.. don't remember anything else..

My last meeting wasn't a bad one but not a good one.. hoping to speak to him again in June. Hopefully I wouldn't be so silly next time.

Thanks for this thread.. gives me a chance to look back.. I've met & spoken to him 5 times now.. though it's not as many times as some of you had or as much as I like, it's just right for me to remember each meeting vividly. Good luck reading all these!!! :naughty:

OMG...:shocked: Those are some nice stories!

And honestly it would make me laugh if he spelled my name wrongly! :lmfao: that's just..so..Mika. :aah:

Ahhhhhhhhhh all of you guys are soooooooooo luckkkkyyy

i've never mett himm aww but he soudns soo lovely to his fans :wub2:

I really wanna meet hiiim :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i dont know what i'd do if i met him lol.

When i met mcfly i kinda was speechless lol i felt liek such an idiot lol :teehee:

xx

I really wanna meet hiiim :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

When i met mcfly i kinda was speechless lol i felt liek such an idiot lol :teehee:

xx

You know, he really is one of the most special guys out there and meeting him, is a real priviledge and I'm really grateful to be his fan and have this priviledge. It seems to be a tradition for him to meet us already and to us it feels normal, but when you're telling other people who don't know that much about him, that you went to the M&G after the gig and met him, they either think you must be dellusional or you're showing off. :huh:

Also, you know...for me, Mika as an artist is a character. Meeting him did not make me feel as if I met the "actor" who plays this character (and go: "OMFG he's a human...he walks...he talks...because that's pretty obvious -of course there is a slight shock when seeing him for the first time and think: oh yeah, he's real...but that shock is rapidly replaced by the joy of watching him perform). It actually made me feel as if I met the character himself and I became part of his fairytale/world aswell...I became a character myself. This is the priviledge Mika gives us... :pinkbow:

Edited by B!anka

Oh Gosh..I usually babble and smile like an idiot in front of Mika :naughty:

Well, seriously :teehee:, actually I've spoke with him few times (and I feel very very lucky!)...let's see:

- Bologna: almost everyone had the chance to speak with Mika for 1-2 minutes alone because there were barriers and we approached him one by one (this is the best solution for me if I want to speak because I'm shy). I don't remember what I said at first, maybe "hi", but he signed my CD and I remember myself to breath and that I had a brain lost somewhere....then I told him about the present I brought. He was so happy and excited about the news (the present wasn't with me, it was inside his bus because his staff took it) and we chatted about his love for toys a bit till he saw my necklace and he said he liked it and I said the toy I brought for him was almost the same!He was happy!Then I gave him a kiss on his cheek (don't kill me...everyone did it!!!), unfortunately no pictures and I said goodbye...!

- X-Factor: we had a small small chat. I asked him if he would come back after the soundcheck and he looked me into the eyes with his long long eyelashes (I can't forget it....I won't ever :teehee:) and he aswered me yes :mf_rosetinted:

Then he came back again, I asked him to sign my MFC pin and to take a picture together and he said yes...in the same time Marina (if I remember correct) asked to take a group pic so I stolen mine with Mika (the one in the signature....he was so clever to look at my camera :naughty:) and we also did a group pic.

- Quelli che il Calcio: It was rainy and he had the ankle problem so we had to hurry. I brought my WAG vinyl to sign, he took it, he signed it and I told him "see you tonight", he told "really?" and I explained him that his italian fans were invited at DJ TV Party. He seemed happy for us :aah: and maybe scared by us :blink: just kidding :biggrin2:

Then I asked him again to take a pic together (I'm trying since Bologna to have a pic with Mika and me alone but I didn't get it yet!) and he said yes, but unfortunately is a bit blurry.

- London Apollo: I was a big girl on march 1st so we had the chance to meet Mika 2 times. The first time I saw him on the stairs running into his dressroom, he turned back and I was there. He said "well done" and I said thanks for the amazing experience. Then we met Mika in his dressroom: I approached him when he was alone and I gave him a small present. He opened it, checked the items one by one :biggrin2: and he said he liked toys (again...I KNOW!!!) and I told him I was pleased he liked my present! He looked at me like "give me something to sign" but I had nothing...arrgghh...so I took my mobile phone and he signed it drawing also a heart :wub2:

I thanked him for the BG experience...then we took a group pic!

- RDS Rome: we met Mika outside the radio building and the van stopped. He said hi and we replied, he wasn't so much in talking mood also we cannot ask for pictures or stuff. I gave him a small present again, he said "see you in Milan?" and I said tonight (because we were trying to be at the TV show Parla con Me), plus Rome and Udine :blush-anim-cl:

He smiled and that's all :wink2:

* Munich 2007: Before we went there, Leator had written Mika a letter to let him know that we were going to see this gig. Afterwards, Melody introduced us as the first MFC-couple and Mika immediately respond with: "oooh yes!! you are the ones who are getting married, right??"

(think about it: this was our first date ever.. ) so, both Leator and I were like: "NO!!"

Awwwwww, that's so cute! He obviously thought you two should get married!

The first time I met him was last June, in Milan.

I was a bit nervous, but not that much because I had already seen him arrive at the venue and realised he was real and genuine and I realised I wasn't acting fangurly around him. Phew.

After the show we waited for him and when he arrived, I did everything very quickly (I didn't want to take too much of his time you see?): I gave him my portraits, asked for an autograph, telling him about the portraits. Then Mana told him I cried during the whole show - thank you Mana! haha He laughed and I said I really really enjoyed his show, that it was my first Mika-gig. I said thank you. And he smiled and looked at me for a while and well then something happened in my brain. I held out my cheek (is it the way to say that in English? lol) for a kiss and he kissed me, he was really surprised, and I was too, god what had I just done?? Then he said "ok a second kiss" and kissed my on the other cheek :teehee: After that I was a bit ashamed... A kiss... gosh, how stupid. Mana kept assuring me I was very polite and did it in a very polite way but still haha. My siggy picture was taken just after the kiss by the way. I don't think he looks pissed, but you never know lol. Anyway, that was my first Mika moment :aah:

He doesn't look pissed at all to me... It's really sweet...

Thanks for this thread.. gives me a chance to look back.. I've met & spoken to him 5 times now.. though it's not as many times as some of you had or as much as I like, it's just right for me to remember each meeting vividly. Good luck reading all these!!!

Won't quote it all, but that was so cute, esp in Hong Kong! :wub2:

OMG... Those are some nice stories!

And honestly it would make me laugh if he spelled my name wrongly! :lmfao: that's just..so..Mika.

I wouldn't care if he spelt my name wrong... then again, I did have to spell it for him when he signed my CD :teehee:

I really wanna meet hiiim :mf_lustslow:

He is beyond lovely... He is possibly the sweetest, kindest, most wonderful man ever! :wub2: No words can describe how wonderful he is to us :wub2:

You know, he really is one of the most special guys out there and meeting him, is a real priviledge and I'm really grateful to be his fan and have this priviledge. It seems to be a tradition for him to meet us already and to us it feels normal, but when you're telling other people who don't know that much about him, that you went to the M&G after the gig and met him, they either think you must be dellusional or you're showing off.

That's why I don't really mention the flowers he sent me anymore, I feel like I'm showing off when I mention them... Even though people understand why I got them, it still feels like I'm showing off...

He doesn't look pissed at all to me... It's really sweet...

Yeah well I hope he wasn't :teehee::roftl:

That's why I don't really mention the flowers he sent me anymore, I feel like I'm showing off when I mention them... Even though people understand why I got them, it still feels like I'm showing off...

That was so kind of him, really ^^ How are you by the way? I never got to ask???

That was so kind of him, really ^^ How are you by the way? I never got to ask???

Honestly, I wish I was game emough to give Mika a kiss on the cheek.. I was worried he was going to say no to the hug!

I'm doing a lot better these days... I've come off the anti seizure medication and am weaning myself off the meds that lessen the pressure behind my eyes... and I only need to get the blood tests for the blood thinners and see one more doctor, and hopefully I won't have to see anyone else! :kachinga:

And I got my drivers licence back in February (they suspended it cause of the strokes and seizures), and I start a full time job in about a week and a half!

I still get quite tired at times, my right side is still a little weaker than it was before, and I occasionally get headaches, but they're nowhere as bad as they were last year! :teehee: I manage pretty well, and any tiredness or weakness I've learnt to deal with...

I've seen him live twice, but once was at Bestival so I didn't actually get the chance to meet him. The second time was at Brighton on 3rd March. We waited outside, and at 11:50pm my Mum came up to me and said that we'd have to leave at midnight whether I'd met him or not, because otherwise we'd miss the boat back to the island. And then at 11:57pm (I kid you not!) I saw him walking down the hall and then out the door :aah: I was standing quite close to the door behind the barrier, so he kinda came over my direction first. A couple of my friends got him to sign something, and then when it was my turn I was like "We're from the Isle of Wight, Mika!" and he was like "Oh really? Nice :original:" And then I carried on to say "You were amazing tonight. Thank you!" and he replied with "Awww, thank you!" He then took my CD to sign, and when he gave it back to me, he touched my hand and gave me a really huge smile. So I said thank you so much, and he said "You're welcome, i'll see you later" Not a very interesting conversation, but it actually meant the world to me. I went straight over to Mum wh was standing behind the crowd, and was like "Did you see him?!?!?" and she said yes. And when I asked what she though, she was like "He has nice skin!" :lmfao:

I really wanted a picture, but we weren't allowed. And a hug would have been nice but I was kinda squished a bit so wasn't close enough for him to reach lol. Hoping to meet him on 27th June at the Eden project because me and Mil are meant to be getting backsatge passes. But not sure about that yet.

He's so lovely though....the most perfect man ever. I can't even find words to describe how special he is :wub2:

I wouldn't care if he spelt my name wrong... then again, I did have to spell it for him when he signed my CD :teehee:

awesome! :lol3:

That was perhaps the NICEST thing to do for a fan. EVER! No other pop star does that. :wub2: