Ah-ha! the first critics....in a very ironical and witty way :naughty:

http://tv.excite.it/la-deriva-di-mika-quando-successo-fa-rima-con-eccesso-N146529.html

Maybe it's a bit too harsh....but I like it :naughty:

As harder as I can try, I get very difficult to read ti in an ironic way

much less in a witty way.

First of all, he talks about a "dramatic collapse" that I, quite frankly do not see.

I can see a bit of bad faith in this sentence, for example, "If you say you are shy in every single interview and then you sing with a sparkling sequins hat on a cube at every concert, something is going wrong . "

There's a lot of nastiness like it was written by an embittered spinster in this sentence .. "Yes, Mika, I think you've got the X Factor. X. A beautiful ics written on your face."

No, forgive me, but i don't feel that the spirit in this article is correct....IMO

The comments under the article are all in favor of Mika. Most people assume that the author of the article only wants get publicity using "the name" of the moment. I completely agree. With people who comment. :teehee:

The tone of the article is emphatic and aims to draw attention, but the arguments are very weak in my opinion.

All this type of advertising, at the end, is boring , because it is shown continuously, in every channel, everytime. Mika has nothing to do with this. And about all the other things, well, i don't really see a real link with Mika. I think that this article is quite silly. :blink:

Edited by Marta.

I like it, excite is a good site. It goes far too much in some points, but the overall attitude is quite ok. The author does not know Mika, this is quite patent, while we know how mild and sweet he's in person and how fierce and energetic he's on stage, so we can understand his both sides.

I like the sarcastic cut, which is quite close to my personal attitude. I can see flaws, nevertheless I love Mika to bits. I don't like mere devotion, I like some teasing from time to time. :naughty:

This is how I feel. I suppose he had to to the ad as a part of the deal with Sky. And even if I think he can speak his mind, I wonder how much that could be useful. Back in the day I thought actors can decide what to do or how to do it, then I found out they can't. They have to obey to producers, so I suppose he couldn't call the shots on the script, on the outfit, on his hair (I so not like them this way :aah: but he probably does ... ).

His projects are up to him, but this doesn't mean that some of the things he has to do to reach his goals aren't unpleasant. I call my shots everyday and I have my goals, but not all I do is nice to me. Still, I have to do it.

So, as I like people sympathize with me while facing a hard, unpleasant challenge, I sympathize with him while doing the ad or whatever.

Perhaps I'm getting the whole thing wrong and he surely doesn't need my support, but this is the way I feel.

Besides, the blender thing was funny :naughty:

I quote your post because, besides the different points of view I read, I admire the way you take this topic :mikacool:

maybe this is not the most desirable way to manage his career or maybe we are giving too much importance to ads and other projects.

I don't know exactly how I feel, I mean, I wanna trust him and I understand his "strategy" but at the same time I want him to be focused on his music (not his music at all costs, but when he feels ready of course).

Time will tell and I hope that after The Voice he would stop this carousel.:dance_man:

I do really understand the critics and who is totally disappointed:wink2:

I hope I don't lose what remains of my positivity:teehee:

I like it, excite is a good site. It goes far too much in some points, but the overall attitude is quite ok. The author does not know Mika, this is quite patent, while we know how mild and sweet he's in person and how fierce and energetic he's on stage, so we can understand his both sides.

I like the sarcastic cut, which is quite close to my personal attitude. I can see flaws, nevertheless I love Mika to bits. I don't like mere devotion, I like some teasing from time to time. :naughty:

I understand your point of view Robertina, and I agree with you when you say that the author does not know Mika, this is obvious! :wink2:

But this article ... No, I do not like at all. And I don't think it's a devotion issue. As a matter of fact I also can see when there are mistakes or defects and I recognize them.

But one thing is "constructive criticism" one thing is malice. In this article I can only see the last one. :furious:

When I first read that article I laughed, not because what it is written in it is funny or ironic, but just because it is garbage. Excite a good site? It is an old website aggregator from the early internet age, now depressingly disappearing and willing to get a last, glamorous "dance of the swan".

It's gossip most of the time because this makes good access to the website. I used to write and work for websites like this, I know well how it works.

An article of these, if you are lucky enough can make thousands of access and if it shared on facebook, thousands over thousands.

Obviously if you make scandal, you get more views and visits.

And the tone of this article is the one of searching flames and indignated comments.

I imagine how happy and proud is the man who wrote that... I cannot even define it. Not "article" for sure. Garbage. That's it.

It's not a devotion "issue". I am not so devoted to Mika. If there's issues to criticize, I do it. But in a correct way. Not just to attract visibility or harmful will. This "paper" does right this. IMO.

I quote your post because, besides the different points of view I read, I admire the way you take this topic :mikacool:

maybe this is not the most desirable way to manage his career or maybe we are giving too much importance to ads and other projects.

I don't know exactly how I feel, I mean, I wanna trust him and I understand his "strategy" but at the same time I want him to be focused on his music (not his music at all costs, but when he feels ready of course).

Time will tell and I hope that after The Voice he would stop this carousel.:dance_man:

I do really understand the critics and who is totally disappointed:wink2:

I hope I don't lose what remains of my positivity:teehee:

I haven't lost my positivity while being sarcastic over Mika's recent career :wink2:

We can speak our mind, and still love him. :wub2:

I understand your point of view Robertina, and I agree with you when you say that the author does not know Mika, this is obvious! :wink2:

But this article ... No, I do not like at all. And I don't think it's a devotion issue. As a matter of fact I also can see when there are mistakes or defects and I recognize them.

But one thing is "constructive criticism" one thing is malice. In this article I can only see the last one. :furious:

well....one thing is clear the author knows how to make people talk about him! :naughty:

I'd like to have a real chat with him, I really would.

Ouch......

I think that article was just mean. Making fun of his Italian mistakes? That's just low, when you consider what he all had to do to learn the language.

I realize that I'm still in the honeymoon stage of this fandom. When I hear he's going to LA in January, I believe it. I don't understand Mikasoon yet.

If this writer thinks he's irritating, they should spend some time in America. We have thousands of people who are legitimately irritating-Miley Cyrus, The whole Kardashian tribe, Justin Beiber, Duck Dynasty, the Tea Party.....I could go on......

When I first read that article I laughed, not because what it is written in it is funny or ironic, but just because it is garbage. Excite a good site? It is an old website aggregator from the early internet age, now depressingly disappearing and willing to get a last, glamorous "dance of the swan".

It's gossip most of the time because this makes good access to the website. I used to write and work for websites like this, I know well how it works.

An article of these, if you are lucky enough can make thousands of access and if it shared on facebook, thousands over thousands.

Obviously if you make scandal, you get more views and visits.

And the tone of this article is the one of searching flames and indignated comments.

I imagine how happy and proud is the man who wrote that... I cannot even define it. Not "article" for sure. Garbage. That's it.

It's not a devotion "issue". I am not so devoted to Mika. If there's issues to criticize, I do it. But in a correct way. Not just to attract visibility or harmful will. This "paper" does right this. IMO.

I appreciate your insider point of view, sincerely. Thanks!

Nevertheless....the article appeals to my 'dark' side of the moon :naughty: because I've been reading too much 'pink' garbage so far :teehee:

Thank you so much :blush-anim-cl:

I wanna trust him and I understand his "strategy" but at the same time I want him to be focused on his music (not his music at all costs, but when he feels ready of course).

I think it's not our prerogative to "want him to" do something. I just don't think he could make some amazing music out of fans/label/money/whatever pressure.

I do enjoy writing, some friends of mine always tell me to write a book (in italian I'm a bit better than here, I swear :mf_rosetinted:) but I don't do it, 'cause I just write some decent words out of emotions, I can't sit at my laptop and just write for the hell of it.

I think so does he. No inspiration, no music, that's it. And there will be no complains of ours which could change this, cause it's not up to his mind, it's up to his heart.

So, meanwhile he's looking for inspiration, in my opinion he better works something useful out, like side projects, tv shows, whatever he feels or needs or has to do. The article author is right, it is smart of him releasing a song book while judging on XF, so why should he just hang out in London, during these no music months?

Writing songs, writing books, painting, whatever, doesn't get stopped by daily choices and errands, if it's out of passion and emotions. When the emotions come, there you go with your inspired work and you let go whatever else. Yesterday (was it yesterday?) I let go everything just to write my report. For 4 hours I wrote non stop, my house was a mess, the pets wanted my attention, my husband did the chores and cooked (he knows I would have skip the dinner ) to let me write. Just because I needed to do it. It's a drive you can't fight.

I'm sure he will write his music when he will feel this drive, not before.

And I'm positive emotions don't come out of the blue, but origin in meeting people, experiencing adventures, facing challenges, as he's doing right now. So I trust that what he is going through, this is not totally useles.

I just wait for him being inspired to do good music. If I want to listen to average songs, well, there are plenty around.

Edited by Elwendin

I agree with the meaning of the article but I think this guy only wanted to be noticed. And he managed to!!

I don't think it is ironic, he could have said the same things without this forced and superfluous unfortunate phrases, but he knew no one would have noticed it.

Anyway, I read finally not only "carino e coccoloso" stuff:aah:

I appreciate your insider point of view, sincerely. Thanks!

Nevertheless....the article appeals to my 'dark' side of the moon :naughty: because I've been reading too much 'pink' garbage so far :teehee:

I can see your point, I'd appreciate it too, when not offensive. In these lines there's too much intention to offend rather than criticize. IMO. But anyhow, I laughed too, when first read it this morning. As a matter of fact, it's only Excite not L'Unità, where he was described with so beautiful words.

I think it's not our prerogative to "want him to" do something. I just don't think he could make some amazing music out of fans/label/money/whatever pressure.

I do enjoy writing, some friends of mine always tell me to write a book (in italian I'm a bit better than here, I swear :mf_rosetinted:) but I don't do it, 'cause I just write some decent words out of emotions, I can't sit at my laptop and just write for the hell of it.

I think so does he. No inspiration, no music, that's it. And there will be no complains of ours which could change this, cause it's not up to his mind, it's up to his heart.

Well, you are completely right, what can I say more?:teehee:

So, I don't "want him to" (who am I to say what he has to do), but I hope he focus on his music when and only if he feels to.

(We both love writing!!My English is bad but in Italian I could write for days about my emotions, but it think -and I hope- no one will read that stuff:teehee:

I wish I was able to write and speak English as good as I understand it!Sometimes -always ahahah- I want to replay some post but damn!!!)

Edited by PaolaC

So, meanwhile he's looking for inspiration, in my opinion he better works something useful out, like side projects, tv shows, whatever he feels or needs or has to do. The article author is right, it is smart of him releasing a song book while judging on XF, so why should he just hang out in London, during these no music months?

Writing songs, writing books, painting, whatever, doesn't get stopped by daily choices and errands, if it's out of passion and emotions. When the emotions come, there you go with your inspired work and you let go whatever else. Yesterday (was it yesterday?) I let go everything just to write my report. For 4 hours I wrote non stop, my house was a mess, the pets wanted my attention, my husband did the chores and cooked (he knows I would have skip the dinner ) to let me write. Just because I needed to do it. It's a drive you can't fight.

And I'm positive emotions don't come out of the blue, but origin in meeting people, experiencing adventures, facing challenges, as he's doing right now. So I trust that what he is going through, this is not totally useles.

I just wait for him being inspired to do good music. If I want to listen to average songs, well, there are plenty around.

Could not have said better :thumb_yello:

I can see your point, I'd appreciate it too, when not offensive. In these lines there's too much intention to offend rather than criticize. IMO. But anyhow, I laughed too, when first read it this morning. As a matter of fact, it's only Excite not L'Unità, where he was described with so beautiful words.

I loved L'Unità article! :thumb_yello:

So, I don't "want him to" (who am I to say what he has to do), but I hope he focus on his music when and only if he feels to.

Yeah, sorry for having pick your words as an excuse to explain my opinion, I know what you meant.

I just finally got clear in my mind what I think about the whole "make a new album thing" right now, so I felt the drive (:aah:) to tell my opinion, but of course I do hope as well that he will release some new stuff soon. I really do.

Wow your edited version is even better. Nothing to say, just that I wish I could approach life as you do, you seems so lighthearted and positive:wink2:

Wow your edited version is even better. Nothing to say, just that I wish I could approach life as you do, you seems so lighthearted and positive:wink2:

LOL My friends and relatives in real life used to know me as a cynical, pessimistic, unsecure Miss Anxiety. Then Mika happend.

Is there a link to this article? I need to read something nice to erase that article from my brain.

I suppose it's this one http://www.unita.it/culture/mika-x-factor-7-xf7-icona-pop-gay-coming-out-elio-morgan-ventura-sky-the-voice-musica-1.533647

I don't know if it got translated on here, I'm looking right now. If there is no translation, I'll do it tomorrow in the afternoon (yes, I'm having some days off, how did you notice? :aah:)

Edited by Elwendin

LOL My friends and relatives in real life used to know me as a cynical, pessimistic, unsecure Miss Anxiety. Then Mika happend.

I suppose it's this one http://www.unita.it/culture/mika-x-factor-7-xf7-icona-pop-gay-coming-out-elio-morgan-ventura-sky-the-voice-musica-1.533647

I don't know if it got translated on here, I'm looking right now. If there is no translation, I'll do it tomorrow in the afternoon (yes, I'm having some days off, how did you notice? :aah:)

Oh, in this case I'm your sister, I'm Miss Anxiety n.2!Mika happened to me too, at the beginning I manage to be positive and I felt like I was a new me. Than exams happened (and they still) and I went back to Miss Anxiety.:blink: I have to work on it, with Mika's help of course :mikadas:

Thank you for the article, I've never read it.:huglove:

Yes! Exactly my thoughts. Thank you for pointing out! :thumb_yello:

Thank you, thank you! But you just take your time. Enjoy your days off. If you ever need some American slang translated, just ask me. I'd like to repay you guys for all the hard work you do.

We have a lot in common. I tend towards anxiety as well. Good music helps a lot! And from your other posts, I'm an only child too (I hate it. I'm very jealous of the big Penniman family) and I, too hate needles. I, though, was never brave enough to give myself a shot. So yay to you!

Oh, and I like to write, too!

Edited by ceebs