Oh sorry missed this earlier.

Sorry, I misunderstood the long list of "Mika wasn'ts" you made before. I thought you were making a list of rules on how Mika's albums were made.

Writing a list of things to describe what I meant because someone specifically asked me about "being in hiding" is not "making rules". So yes, it is a misunderstanding.

That's your call. And you were saying you're not trying to emprison him on a list of rules?

I fail to see how me noticing that it's impossible that Mika can be 50% finished the album one day and 20% finished a few days later has anything to do with me imprisoning him. And I don't understand how anything I've said could be interpreted to mean that I want him to follow rules. :blink: I don't care how Mika goes about making an album for heaven's sakes. He can sit around for 9 months smoking weed and eating crisps and listening to Led Zeppelin if that's what works for him.

since we are talking about Art (music, painting, writing, acting are form of art) and not Science, your form of research is quite reductive. :wink2:

If we can't use Mika's history to make reasonable guesses about what he might do in the future then we can't use other artists' histories and methods to make any point at all about the way Mika works. :dunno:

Mika fb profile already confirmed he's in a studio right now doing what has to be done to release this album.

I thought it said "in the next few months", not right now.

Please, Rossana talks about Mika.Does anyone can tell what Rossana says?

Thank you!!

http://video.sky.it/mag/intrattenimento/rossana_casale_x_factor_vocal_coach/v180638.vid

An interview with Mika's vocal coach, Rossana Casale during XF

-Hello , how are you?

-Well, but we are all a bit tired ... a lot of work for everyone ...

-Tell us about Mika , we all adore him ... Does Mika have any faults ?

-His faults are also his strengths ... he is a picky man , very strict ... but he is an extraordinary musician who lights up in the energy of music ... but during the preparing of songs, all things must be carried out in detail. He has a way of thinking so international... Italians are more passionate... we get excited right away ... "oh my god I'm shivering" ... but no, he says no , the thrill is not the most important thing, you have to see and understand ... everything has to be perfect. With him you have to work much earlier in the project of a song ... everything is written , decided, organized ... We first met , and well understood , and now he gives me the maximum trust ... and when the work is well done, he repays you very much, he is so happy and he shows it in his face , he lights his face ...

Mika has the idea of ​​asking the girls of his team what is their "manifesto", their idea of artist and it is a right choice because it is not an easy thing to understand at the beginning. Even for me it wasn't easy to understand .

[ They talk about the team of Mika and about Rossana, who does concerts and teaches at the Conservatory of Parma ]

Rossana says also that Mika knows very well Italian music : Francesco Guccini , Tenco , Jovanotti, Tiziano Ferro ... he have studied so much ... but it is natural for him to propose a different kind of songs than those of the great Italian songwriters .

[ They talk about Rossana's career and liric music... ]

It 's true that Mika is always late ?

It ' is true ( laughs) ... but now I have to run because he's waiting for me...

Edited by Marta.

Sylvie, thanks so much for translating this article - I think it is one of the best I have read. I loved the line about "a bit fallen on earth from who knows what planet" :naughty:

I think it is a very good summary of the effect he seems to have had on Italy.

Now if only he gets the chance to do the same in the UK :fisch:

I second that. I can't wait for the UK to start appreciating this great man.

An interview with Mika's vocal coach, Rossana Casale during XF

-Hello , how are you?

-Well, but we are all a bit tired ... a lot of work for everyone ...

-Tell us about Mika , we all adore him ... Does Mika have any faults ?

-His faults are also his strengths ... he is a picky man , very strict ... but he is an extraordinary musician who lights up in the energy of music ... but during the preparing of songs, all things must be carried out in detail. He has a way of thinking so international... Italians are more passionate... we get excited right away ... "oh my god I'm shivering" ... but no, he says no , the thrill is not the most important thing, you have to see and understand ... everything has to be perfect. With him you have to work much earlier in the project of a song ... everything is written , decided, organized ... We first met , and well understood , and now he gives me the maximum trust ... and when the work is well done, he repays you very much, he is so happy and he shows it in his face , he lights his face ...

Mika has the idea of ​​asking the girls of his team what is their "manifesto", their idea of artist and it is a right choice because it is not an easy thing to understand at the beginning. Even for me it wasn't easy to understand .

[ They talk about the team of Mika and about Rossana, who does concerts and teaches at the Conservatory of Parma ]

Rossana says also that Mika knows very well Italian music : Francesco Guccini , Tenco , Jovanotti, Tiziano Ferro ... he have studied so much ... but it is natural for him to propose a different kind of songs than those of the great Italian songwriters .

[ They talk about Rossana's career and liric music... ]

It 's true that Mika is always late ?

It ' is true ( laughs) ... but now I have to run because he's waiting for me...

Thank you!!:wub2:

Well at least Team Mika gets that Mika needs to be in a studio to make music. :roftl:

Then they should get ready to be said they should´t be telling Mika what to do :mf_rosetinted:

Oh huray. French songs. Exactly what we've been waiting for....

I´ll cheer once they announce an Italian album to go along with the french one.

Thanks Camille. And yes you're right. I think Mika is not a liar exactly, just engages in some wishful thinking along with many of his fans. :naughty:

Just :lmfao:

Mika is in "Tv Sorrisi e Canzoni" this week. They talk about the incredible success that he's having in France with The Voice and how everyone is falling in love with him.

Then, they said that the episodes of X Factor will be broadcast on Cielo at half march and that Sky wants Mika again for the next season but he didn't reply yet.

At the end, there's a little scoop about that he's going in studio to record his fourth album because, as Mika said, for him it's more important the music than the TV

I'll make a proper translation later :wink2:

Scans:

hqu9.jpg

4jc3.jpg

Original:

http://imageshack.com/a/img203/92/hqu9.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img30/8750/4jc3.jpg

Edited by Lucrezia

I translated the little interview to Daria Bignardi (the journalist who interviewed him with Dario Fo) about Mika (the yellow part) in the italian magazine TV Sorrisi e Canzoni

The secret of his success

"He has the mind of a child", says Daria Bignardi

Daria Bignardi wanted just MIKA to present the new edition of The Barbarian Invasions ( episode broadcasted on LA7)

The journalist is a real fan of the singer, and this has been seen during the show.

She says: " You can say that I discovered Mika during XF. Before XF, I had followed him as a singer, but I had not realized which kind of person he was. " And again: " When I saw him playing the judge, I was struck by his ability to communicate with others, he is an artist who gives himself completely , he is educated and deep, but also joyful and funny. And then I thought: he is the character of this television season . The Italian public loves him because it feels that he is authentic and that he has the soul of an artist. "

She also says: " MIKA has struggled to conquer his identity: when he was a boy, he was dyslexic , he had problems at school, he could hardly read and write, he has struggled to be accepted for what he was . People feel that inside the artist, there is a real person, someone who has struggled to conquer what he is . "

She concludes: " The kids love him because they have in front of someone like them with the freshness of the child , with the desire to play and to have fun. He is one of the most polite and helpful person I have ever met "

I translated the little interview to Daria Bignardi (the journalist who interviewed him with Dario Fo) about Mika (the yellow part) in the italian magazine TV Sorrisi e Canzoni

Daria Bignardi wanted just MIKA to present the new edition of The Barbarian Invasions ( episode broadcasted on LA7)

The journalist is a real fan of the singer, and this has been seen during the show.

She says: " You can say that I discovered Mika during XF. Before XF, I had followed him as a singer, but I had not realized which kind of person he was. " And again: " When I saw him playing the judge, I was struck by his ability to communicate with others, he is an artist who gives himself completely , he is educated and deep, but also joyful and funny. And then I thought: he is the character of this television season . The Italian public loves him because it feels that he is authentic and that he has the soul of an artist. "

She also says: " MIKA has struggled to conquer his identity: when he was a boy, he was dyslexic , he had problems at school, he could hardly read and write, he has struggled to be accepted for what he was . People feel that inside the artist, there is a real person, someone who has struggled to conquer what he is . "

She concludes: " The kids love him because they have in front of someone like them with the freshness of the child , with the desire to play and to have fun. He is one of the most polite and helpful person I have ever met "

:wub2: :wub2:

:thumb_yello: Grazie mille Marta !! This confirms just what I hoped for, when he accepted to take part in XF - that people should get to know him better, and see what a wonderful person he really is :wub2: We, his loyal fans know it, those who only had seen him as a colorful artist didn't - but now this has changed, because of the TV show, and people really love and respect him, because of his amazing personality - and I enjoy it !! ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

That's just beautiful!

I think that Daria's words can sum up very well what has happened to many people after seeing Mika in XF.

She says: "You can say that I discovered Mika during XF. Before XF, I had followed him as a singer, but I had not realized which kind of person he was." Too much misunderstandings about Mika, I think. Not enough possibilities of knowing him.

I think that this is one of the purpose of this kind of participation in popular programs: allowing people to realize which kind of person he is...and what kind of artist he is. :wink2: After realizing this, to understand all the new music that will come, will be easier.

Thank you for that. Very short, but very sweet. Politeness is a quality that I always try to have.and that I admire a lot in people. So I like to read things like that. He is probably very refreshing in the entertainment business where I doubt there's a lot of politeness.