Whilst on the topic of creativity, I wrote a blog about it and I strongly suggest watching the video of John Cleese explaining what is needed to be creative: http://ingridchant.blogspot.nl/2013/12/creativity-is-not-talent.html

I don't see where I may have mentioned that creativity is a talent or what's the point of it...

Anyhow, creativity may not be a talent but it's not everybody's prerogative. :thumb_yello:

I am not proscribing rules for how Mika must create an album.

He was not starring on TV shows.

He was not doing promo for previous albums.

He was not doing autograph sessions.

He was not interacting with fans.

He was not publishing stories about his 6 week holidays with his family.

He did not even Tweet.

Sorry, I misunderstood the long list of "Mika wasn'ts" you made before. I thought you were making a list of rules on how Mika's albums were made.

I am not saying it is impossible for him to change. I am just describing what has happened in the past for the people who were not around while he was making his previous albums. Whether Mika will change his process and not hide this time remains to be seen because at the moment there is no evidence for it whatsoever. As we always seem to do in these discussions we turn to some vague hypotheticals instead of talking about what we know to be happening.

I don't even try to think whether he can change or not. I don't even want to or am interested in it. Mika, to me, does it always right. Even he decides to go into a soap opera and play a part in it. If this makes him good and gives him inspiration, to me it's ok. Or if he doesn't need to chance, it's ok either.

Mika has already gone from saying in the media that he is half finished to telling fans that he is 20% finished. To me this means he really has not even started yet and has no clear direction on where it's going.

That's your call. And you were saying you're not trying to emprison him on a list of rules?

We are all speculating here and won't know how this album is going to take shape until it's done.

very true

But my thoughts on the matter are based on what we know about Mika and his history and what we can see happening in his career right now. Not on some general notions about creativity that may or may not apply to Mika and his current circumstances.

since we are talking about Art (music, painting, writing, acting are form of art) and not Science, your form of research is quite reductive. :wink2:

It all just sounds like excuses to me for why he's not in a studio right now as he said he would be.

Mika fb profile already confirmed he's in a studio right now doing what has to be done to release this album.

And please note I am not the one telling Mika to go into a studio. He is the one who said that is where he is going to make his album.

I do too think an Album must be recorded in a studio. What I only was saying is that before recording an album one must have written lyrics and music, and to do so, maybe (I underline "maybe" word) Mika had to go through other channels of inspiration, to feed his creativity (which may be not a talent but is a quite difficult thing to manage and to keep on growing)

I like the way you have to lighten drama up :wink2:

My birthday is moved up to today: thank you for the present :naughty:

Well at least Team Mika gets that Mika needs to be in a studio to make music. :roftl:

:roftl: little step by little step...

I don't see where I may have mentioned that creativity is a talent or what's the point of it...

Anyhow, creativity may not be a talent but it's not everybody's prerogative. :thumb_yello:

It wasn't aimed specifically at you.

I don't get why, if its an english album, then its english, not a mix, I won't buy it, if they are on it :(

I expect a version for every country, french, italian, UK...a mess like with TOOL, wait and see :mf_rosetinted:

I always skip elle me dit/ emily when I play the cd, and don't even have them on my music on my phone :aah::aah:

I know both versions by heart. :wub2::doh:

It helped me a lot when my parents helped me moving in the new home :aah:

Edited by Elwendin

I always skip elle me dit/ emily when I play the cd, and don't even have them on my music on my phone :aah::aah:

I would also prefer the whole album in english but we'll see, dont worry until the album is released :wink2:

I'm not sure that the hiding Mika is necessarily the best songwriting Mika. It happened for TBWKTM ('second album syndrome' ,and afterwards he spoke of the horrible loneliness he felt), and also for TOOL (a combination of a very difficult family time and writer's block). Both of these situations had reasons for hiding other than necessarily writing an album. LICM was written over several years (from the age of 16), without the pressures of fame or expectation, and has arguably been the best-received and definitely the most famous yet. Surely songwriting and producing is going to be a more creative, happier and easier process if he's not locked away from the outside world?:mikacool:

His album-producing rate is really slow which is frustrating!:aah: What we all have to bear in mind though is that we have chosen to be the fans of an artist not solely interested in making music every second of his life (unlike a few (other) musical greats), but he is free-spirited and does many other creative and awesome other things too. Whilst this means we don't get new songs all that often, he pops up in loads of other places (to do WTH he feels like, not necessarily what will be the best for his fans or commercially), doing cool and inspirational things! :teehee:

Even if he's not ready to bring out a full album, a preceeding EP might be a good idea- I just want to hear some new songs!:thumb_yello:

I'm not sure that the hiding Mika is necessarily the best songwriting Mika. It happened for TBWKTM ('second album syndrome' ,and afterwards he spoke of the horrible loneliness he felt), and also for TOOL (a combination of a very difficult family time and writer's block). Both of these situations had reasons for hiding other than necessarily writing an album. LICM was written over several years (from the age of 16), without the pressures of fame or expectation, and has arguably been the best-received and definitely the most famous yet. Surely songwriting and producing is going to be a more creative, happier and easier process if he's not locked away from the outside world?:mikacool:

His album-producing rate is really slow which is frustrating!:aah: What we all have to bear in mind though is that we have chosen to be the fans of an artist not solely interested in making music every second of his life (unlike a few (other) musical greats), but he is free-spirited and does many other creative and awesome other things too. Whilst this means we don't get new songs all that often, he pops up in loads of other places (to do WTH he feels like, not necessarily what will be the best for his fans or commercially), doing cool and inspirational things! :teehee:

Even if he's not ready to bring out a full album, a preceeding EP might be a good idea- I just want to hear some new songs!:thumb_yello:

I like what you wrote

Please forgive me, but sometimes I'm confused reading your post. :blink:

It seems to me that, before the problem is that no one knows when the next record comes out ...

then the problem is " who knows what and if he wrote somethng"..

indeed, "may he not have written anything yet"

Now on twitter someone has said that he had written (in French) and this is not good ....

And I'm feeling like :shocked:

Then came the news from fb and I wonder: is correct to put Mika under this kind of pressure? For me the answer is : ABSOLUTELY NO.

Ok, we all love him, we are fans and we can't wait (obviously) for his new album, but at the same time I think that this attitude so critical is incorrect.

Sorry, but this is the way that I feel in this moment :(

Edited by Isabella77

Isabella, I think the best way to be a fan is listen to anyone's opinion, have one of your own, and then move forward.

being upset or angry or delusional is just something which spoils the joy to be a fan. Don't let other fans' opinion make you feel bad. it's not worthwhile.

But at the same time we are all entitled to have an opinion and express it.

This is a forum of discussion, among other things :wink2:

take it easy and go on! :huglove: