The "taste" of this article still does not like me, especially because it wants to suggest that Mika is a kind of fashion, a clever and funny character who was able to hypnotize an audience a little bit stupid who was blinded by his funny faces, by his curly hair and by a few jokes said in Italian .

But this is not true .

In my opinion, Mika has risked his neck in XF. He could have come out of this experience with broken bones . He could have be considered the snob guy who comes to Italy only to make the star . He could have be seen wired, arrogant or distant. He could have be hated by the other judges , who are not artists who give the scene to the first comer so gladly .

But people loved and respected him immediately , because they felt loved and respected by him as well. People laughed with him :naughty: and not of him. The press loved him because he is a clever man and an original artist. Experienced journalis, writers, musicians, songwriters..all they had a good impression of him. :thumb_yello:

And it's also happened that a Nobel Prize for literature , a man of great culture, of social and politician engagement , anarchist and free-thinker ...well, he said in television he liked Mika so much . Yes, Mika. That guy who sings "relax"...and perhaps something more.

In this moment here in Italy Mika is "the man of the day" He's also doing two ads (two ads, and not one million :aah: ) on television and perhaps he is a bit overexposed. All of this can be boring for someone, in the same way it can be fun for others. All this attention will end, sooner or later...but this is so normal and predictable. This is not the point for me.

The point is that NOW (and not before) so many people know who Mika really is and this memory will remain. When he will want singing again, performing again, that memory will return in minds of many people. :wub2:

Edited by Marta.

The "taste" of this article still does not like me, especially because it wants to suggest that Mika is a kind of fashion, a clever and funny character who was able to hypnotize an audience a little bit stupid who was blinded by his funny faces, by his curly hair and by a few jokes said in Italian .

But this is not true .

In my opinion, Mika has risked his neck in XF. He could have come out of this experience with broken bones . He could have be considered the snob guy who comes to Italy only to make the star . He could have be seen wired, arrogant or distant. He could have be hated by the other judges , who are not artists who give the scene to the first comer so gladly .

But people loved and respected him immediately , because they felt loved and respected by him as well. People laughed with him :naughty: and not of him. The press loved him because he is a clever man and an original artist. Experienced journalis, writers, musicians, songwriters..all they had a good impression of him. :thumb_yello:

And it's also happened that a Nobel Prize for literature , a man of great culture, of social and politician engagement , anarchist and free-thinker ...well, he said in television he liked Mika so much . Yes, Mika. That guy who sings "relax"...and perhaps something more.

In this moment here in Italy Mika is "the man of the day" He's also doing two ads (two ads, and not one million :aah: ) on television and perhaps he is a bit overexposed. All of this can be boring for someone, in the same way it can be fun for others. All this attention will end, sooner or later...but this is so normal and predictable. This is not the point for me.

The point is that NOW (and not before) so many people know who Mika really is and this memory will remain. When he will want singing again, performing again, that memory will return in minds of many people. :wub2:

That was lovely!:wub2:

I think the writer is just jealous because he/she is not that cool!:bash:

So, meanwhile he's looking for inspiration, in my opinion he better works something useful out, like side projects, tv shows, whatever he feels or needs or has to do.

Of course I agree with your post about how creativity works, etc. but I think this is wild speculation. When has he even so much as suggested that he is still looking for inspiration? According to him he is very busy writing the next album as we speak! :mf_rosetinted:

We all know that many artists and Mika in particular are not going to sit down and write and produce music on a strict timetable. But the issue is that his timetable is filled up with other things so it is not even an option for him. You may be able to forgo a night's sleep to write your report but Mika can't just stop all these things he has put in motion if he is moved to make an album now. He committed to The Voice a year ago and he is still tied up with it for some months yet. It's just been one huge time commitment after another and I'll bet anything there is more to come.

In the past what we've seen from Mika is when he is ready to get serious about looking for inspiration for an album he goes into hiding after a lengthy period of touring. To me it looks like he is doing all these side projects instead of a proper tour and I doubt much has changed in regards to the album-making process.

But this is not true .

I totally agree with you :thumb_yello:

Thank you so much :blush-anim-cl:

I think it's not our prerogative to "want him to" do something. I just don't think he could make some amazing music out of fans/label/money/whatever pressure.

I do enjoy writing, some friends of mine always tell me to write a book (in italian I'm a bit better than here, I swear :mf_rosetinted:) but I don't do it, 'cause I just write some decent words out of emotions, I can't sit at my laptop and just write for the hell of it.

I think so does he. No inspiration, no music, that's it. And there will be no complains of ours which could change this, cause it's not up to his mind, it's up to his heart.

So, meanwhile he's looking for inspiration, in my opinion he better works something useful out, like side projects, tv shows, whatever he feels or needs or has to do. The article author is right, it is smart of him releasing a song book while judging on XF, so why should he just hang out in London, during these no music months?

Writing songs, writing books, painting, whatever, doesn't get stopped by daily choices and errands, if it's out of passion and emotions. When the emotions come, there you go with your inspired work and you let go whatever else. Yesterday (was it yesterday?) I let go everything just to write my report. For 4 hours I wrote non stop, my house was a mess, the pets wanted my attention, my husband did the chores and cooked (he knows I would have skip the dinner ) to let me write. Just because I needed to do it. It's a drive you can't fight.

I'm sure he will write his music when he will feel this drive, not before.

And I'm positive emotions don't come out of the blue, but origin in meeting people, experiencing adventures, facing challenges, as he's doing right now. So I trust that what he is going through, this is not totally useles.

I just wait for him being inspired to do good music. If I want to listen to average songs, well, there are plenty around.

Where has anyone suggested that he sit at home to get inspiration to write new songs? As long as I have followed him, he has been to many places to get inspiration, the US, Canada, Sweden, France, to name a few, and didn't need to go on tv shows or make ads while he was in these places to garner it either.

Personally, I can't see how being on tv gives any inspiration to write songs, as there is so much amazing art, music and culture in Italy that would be much more inspirational, and he wasted his time doing tv instead of immersing himself in the rich culture, which I think would have been much more rewarding and creative for his writing.

But this is not true .

:thumb_yello: Well said - I totally agree!! Grazie Marta :huglove:

Love,love

me

LOL My friends and relatives in real life used to know me as a cynical, pessimistic, unsecure Miss Anxiety. Then Mika happend.

I suppose it's this one http://www.unita.it/culture/mika-x-factor-7-xf7-icona-pop-gay-coming-out-elio-morgan-ventura-sky-the-voice-musica-1.533647

I don't know if it got translated on here, I'm looking right now. If there is no translation, I'll do it tomorrow in the afternoon (yes, I'm having some days off, how did you notice? :aah:)

:naughty: Your friends and relatives got to be curious about all these positive things, happening to you lately - because you've found MIKA !! :wub2:

Thanks a lot for your looong and detailed reports, you make me feel like I was by your side, during your MIKA adventures! :thumb_yello:

Thanks in advance for a new translation coming up - you're priceless, like all the others, taking their time, to make us foreigners understand what's been said and written about " the one and only" ...:mikadas:

Love,love

me

:naughty: Your friends and relatives got to be curious about all these positive things, happening to you lately - because you've found MIKA !! :wub2:

I think most of my friends don't get it but are mildly supportive "well, if you are good with it, so are we" . They probably are puzzled about me acting like that and above all feeling like that. My parents switch from annoyed to silent and back to annoyed and back to silent.

I'm not quite sure about that. Many people now do know who he is now, I agree, but it's more like a crush than a lasting love. I wonder how many of them will attend a gig of his in a year or two or will actually buy his album instead of getting it for free on the internet. Just look at how many likes on his fb page he has and compare it to the number of albums sold. Do the maths, something's wrong...

I don't know though. I may be wrong and he could be massive even in a few years. It probably will depend on his future choice?

Edited by Elwendin

And I'm positive emotions don't come out of the blue, but origin in meeting people, experiencing adventures, facing challenges, as he's doing right now. So I trust that what he is going through, this is not totally useles.

I just wait for him being inspired to do good music. If I want to listen to average songs, well, there are plenty around.

:thumb_yello: I'm waiting as well. And I hope that in the meanwhile he is adventuring, meeting new inspiring people, learning new things... Of course it can't be useless. Surely he is aware that to use the possibilities available now new music should be out this year. Would be weird not to talk about a new album in interviews, imo. And I think that if he really wants he can find new and different ways to work and do whatever he decides, I've never seen the same determination (he has now) in him before. But if it doesn't work out, the album will be out later. I can't see this as a delivering/not delivering issue. He is not a pizza boy, he writes good music.

But this is not true .

This is exactly how I think too. He took a huge risk with X Factor and in the end everything went even better than anyone expected, just like you describe above. I can only imagine his thoughts when he was watching the clips about X Factor during the interview last Friday, a few minutes after meeting a legend like Dario Fo. It was one of the most touching Mika moments I've ever seen. He did a talent show and it made him a celebrity, but he could also show to the whole country what kind of person is behind his music (intelligent, understanding and sensitive with a sense of humor and large knowledge).

Personally, I can't see how being on tv gives any inspiration to write songs, as there is so much amazing art, music and culture in Italy that would be much more inspirational, and he wasted his time doing tv instead of immersing himself in the rich culture, which I think would have been much more rewarding and creative for his writing.

We can't actually know how much and what kind of culture he getting to know but it looks his television work is giving him a lot of new contacts from different areas of music/culture/life :thumb_yello: However, generally speaking, everything we see can give us inspiration.

surely he is aware that to use the possibilities available now new music should be out this year. Would be weird not to talk about a new album in interviews, imo. And I think that if he really wants he can find new and different ways to work and do whatever he decides, I've never seen the same determination (he has now) in him before.

Yeah, it would be smart of him to release a new album before his massive popularity in Italy and France ends. I suppose if he will sell many albums in those countries, he will eventually be noticed in others as well? Or am I wrong? I don't really know how music market runs.

But as you said, he's not a pizza boy :roftl: so I agree that it could also not happen if the album isn't ready as he wants it to be ( or would he release it anyway just to benefit of the situation? It so not like him according to what I've learned till now, but again I may be wrong? Or may he change his mind from now? )

We can't actually know how much and what kind of culture he getting to know but it looks his television work is giving him a lot of new contacts from different areas of music/culture/life :thumb_yello: However, generally speaking, everything we see can give us inspiration.

I agree. You don't know where or when a Carolina will pop up

But the issue is that his timetable is filled up with other things so it is not even an option for him. You may be able to forgo a night's sleep to write your report but Mika can't just stop all these things he has put in motion if he is moved to make an album now.

Friday night, after the show, he stayed awake at least till 4 am. I'm pretty sure he wasn't actually writing a song, but just saying... couldn't he be writing something out of a feeling? Out of his happiness/excitment for the success he's experiencing, for the meeting with Fo, for those incredible biscuits :mf_rosetinted: ? Just kidding, but you get what I mean even is today my english is more poor (poorer?) than ever. I'm just asking you guys who know him a way better than me.

Here's another question:

In the past what we've seen from Mika is when he is ready to get serious about looking for inspiration for an album he goes into hiding after a lengthy period of touring. To me it looks like he is doing all these side projects instead of a proper tour and I doubt much has changed in regards to the album-making process.

I understood he was hiding while writing the first two albums but not while makig OOL. I though he said so. Have I misunderstood?

I do really ask for informations and opinions so please anyone don't think I'm trying to mess up with anybody.

Edited by Elwendin

I understood he was hiding while writing the first two albums but not while makig OOL. I though he said so. Have I misunderstood?

I understood the same too. For example I remember a pop up he wrote for XL, here it is.

Sorry, I can't find the English version, but he said that for TOOL he needed to be surrounded by people in order to push away the fear of being lonely because being lonely scared him (sorry for the short translation, I'm late, hope you find the English version):teehee:

post-31124-142983701987_thumb.jpg

Edited by PaolaC

Out of his happiness/excitment for the success he's experiencing, for the meeting with Fo, for those incredible biscuits :mf_rosetinted: ? Just kidding, but you get what I mean even is today my english is more poor (poorer?) than ever. I'm just asking you guys who know him a way better than me.

:floor:

Here's another question:

No,he said he did that only for the second album,and he admitted that it was a mistake :wink2: Anyway,I want to say that I'm totally agree with you :thumb_yello:

Yeah, it would be smart of him to release a new album before his massive popularity in Italy and France ends. I suppose if he will sell many albums in those countries, he will eventually be noticed in others as well? Or am I wrong? I don't really know how music market runs.

I agree, it could be really smart. And I think that could be his intention.

I would also underline that during XF or the Voice che has always shown himself as a musician, a singer or songwriterr. I mean, he wasn't in a cooking show. :aah: All around him there was music. :wink2:

I don't really think he wants changing his job but presenting himself quickly to a large amount of people in an intelligent way, to become popular and in this way to become powerful. I think it would be absurd if behind all of this, there wasn't a new musical project. All of this is thought and organized for the next album, i think

Thank you so much :blush-anim-cl:

I think it's not our prerogative to "want him to" do something. I just don't think he could make some amazing music out of fans/label/money/whatever pressure.

I do enjoy writing, some friends of mine always tell me to write a book (in italian I'm a bit better than here, I swear :mf_rosetinted:) but I don't do it, 'cause I just write some decent words out of emotions, I can't sit at my laptop and just write for the hell of it.

I think so does he. No inspiration, no music, that's it. And there will be no complains of ours which could change this, cause it's not up to his mind, it's up to his heart.

So, meanwhile he's looking for inspiration, in my opinion he better works something useful out, like side projects, tv shows, whatever he feels or needs or has to do. The article author is right, it is smart of him releasing a song book while judging on XF, so why should he just hang out in London, during these no music months?

Writing songs, writing books, painting, whatever, doesn't get stopped by daily choices and errands, if it's out of passion and emotions. When the emotions come, there you go with your inspired work and you let go whatever else. Yesterday (was it yesterday?) I let go everything just to write my report. For 4 hours I wrote non stop, my house was a mess, the pets wanted my attention, my husband did the chores and cooked (he knows I would have skip the dinner ) to let me write. Just because I needed to do it. It's a drive you can't fight.

I can´t quote everybody but I think your post will make it :aah:

I can´t agree here, see, a wise man once said: "Creativity is 1% inspiration and 99% of constant perseverance" (maybe you say determination, I just translated something that was in Spanish).

I don´t think he can´t get any inspiration while working in any side project which has him busy 24/7, out of his house, his family and stuff. Don´t forget he needed to be alone or in LA to be able to write... For people like Mika I think inspiration is something they have every day, and if he is building a house, he´ll use his creativity in that house. That´s what makes him good at any fecking thing he does (well, more or less, his acting skills are... erm... :aah:). So while he is judging others, he is losing this daily creativity in something else which is not what he is the best at. He could be a good drawer, maybe. Or a good designer, who knows. But he IS amazing when it´s about music. About creating music.

Anyway, I totally subscribe to what the article says.

Edited by basicamenteyo

I would also underline that during XF or the Voice che has always shown himself as a musician, a singer or songwriterr. I mean, he wasn't in a cooking show. :aah: All around him there was music. :wink2:

I don't really think he wants changing his job but presenting himself quickly to a large amount of people in an intelligent way, to become popular and in this way to become powerful. I think it would be absurd if behind all of this, there wasn't a new musical project. All of this is thought and organized for the next album, i think

:thumb_yello: That's what I think too - and I so agree with your last two sentenses! We just have to be patient - he's totally on schedule, if we compare with the time he used for his last 3 albums. I don't understand all this talk about no alb. or tour this year - I just think he prepares well. At least that's what I prefer to believe in, until the opposite is proved ...:blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

:floor:

No,he said he did that only for the second album,and he admitted that it was a mistake :wink2: Anyway,I want to say that I'm totally agree with you :thumb_yello:

Technically that is correct, but because writing the first album, he wasn't known so he was not in the public eye therefore not under scrutiny by fans or press, so he was basically hidden away from people awaiting the album.

Technically that is correct, but because writing the first album, he wasn't known so he was not in the public eye therefore not under scrutiny by fans or press, so he was basically hidden away from people awaiting the album.

Well,that applies to many singers in the world,usually they are unknown before releasing their first album,but that doesn't necessarily means they were hiding :dunno: Anyway,I was talking about his own declarations that he made his first album surrounded by many people,and that he wanted to do the same for TOOL,since he was very unhappy writing the second one in a totally isolation.(at least this is what I remember from all his interviews).

MFC is more alive than ever! I love these convos :thumb_yello:

I cannot say what's better for him to create new music and I'll be waiting patiently until he's got something new to give us.

In the meantime I cannot but have positive or negative thoughts concerning the choices he makes, and as you all, I like to exchange opinions with other fans.

I think that, for the very first time, maybe in a bit awkward and extreme way, this blogger has unveiled some flaws in the choices he's made in the last, let's say, two years. And it's something I can aknowledge very well.

Everything will be for the good? I hope so, I DO hope so. That we're going to have a new original and successful album, an acoustic tour and then a real tour pushed and sponsored by the amazing success he's had in Italy and France, and by the money he's earned in the meantime.

We'll be here to comment, that's for sure :naughty:

:thumb_yello: I'm waiting as well. And I hope that in the meanwhile he is adventuring, meeting new inspiring people, learning new things... Of course it can't be useless. Surely he is aware that to use the possibilities available now new music should be out this year. Would be weird not to talk about a new album in interviews, imo. And I think that if he really wants he can find new and different ways to work and do whatever he decides, I've never seen the same determination (he has now) in him before. But if it doesn't work out, the album will be out later. I can't see this as a delivering/not delivering issue. He is not a pizza boy, he writes good music.

This is exactly how I think too. He took a huge risk with X Factor and in the end everything went even better than anyone expected, just like you describe above. I can only imagine his thoughts when he was watching the clips about X Factor during the interview last Friday, a few minutes after meeting a legend like Dario Fo. It was one of the most touching Mika moments I've ever seen. He did a talent show and it made him a celebrity, but he could also show to the whole country what kind of person is behind his music (intelligent, understanding and sensitive with a sense of humor and large knowledge).

I agree with everything you've said here.

I'm sure professional song-writers can produce decent songs whenever they stop and just concentrate on doing so, but I also totally understand Mika when he says that his best songs just "come" (like vomiting :teehee:) and totally know the feeling (even I don't do any creative work like him) when new ideas suddenly pop up, usually after seeing and experiencing new things. So I do hope that everything he does gives him material for something else.

But of course the truth is that to make a new album he needs to also spend proper periods in studio to work with the songs and I wonder when he is going to do it :dunno: Spending January-February in studio sounded good but I'm not sure it's going to happen (at all). Maybe February-March if the Voice live shows start only in the beginning of April? June-July?

Personally I would be happy to see him doing summer festivals and maybe even small concert tours in Italy/France in June-July, introducing one or two new songs and concentrating on the album during autumn (meaning the album would be out spring 2015?).

MFC is more alive than ever! I love these convos :thumb_yello:

I cannot say what's better for him to create new music and I'll be waiting patiently until he's got something new to give us.

In the meantime I cannot but have positive or negative thoughts concerning the choices he makes, and as you all, I like to exchange opinions with other fans.

I think that, for the very first time, maybe in a bit awkward and extreme way, this blogger has unveiled some flaws in the choices he's made in the last, let's say, two years. And it's something I can aknowledge very well.

Everything will be for the good? I hope so, I DO hope so. That we're going to have a new original and successful album, an acoustic tour and then a real tour pushed and sponsored by the amazing success he's had in Italy and France, and by the money he's earned in the meantime.

We'll be here to comment, that's for sure :naughty:

Sounds too good to be true :teehee:

I'm sure professional song-writers can produce decent songs whenever they stop and just concentrate on doing so, but I also totally understand Mika when he says that his best songs just "come" (like vomiting :teehee:) and totally know the feeling (even I don't do any creative work like him) when new ideas suddenly pop up, usually after seeing and experiencing new things. So I do hope that everything he does gives him material for something else.

But of course the truth is that to make a new album he needs to also spend proper periods in studio to work with the songs and I wonder when he is going to do it :dunno: Spending January-February in studio sounded good but I'm not sure it's going to happen (at all). Maybe February-March if the Voice live shows start only in the beginning of April? June-July?

Personally I would be happy to see him doing summer festivals and maybe even small concert tours in Italy/France in June-July, introducing one or two new songs and concentrating on the album during autumn (meaning the album would be out spring 2015?).

You are an optimistic :aah:

As harder as I can try, I get very difficult to read ti in an ironic way

much less in a witty way.

First of all, he talks about a "dramatic collapse" that I, quite frankly do not see.

I can see a bit of bad faith in this sentence, for example, "If you say you are shy in every single interview and then you sing with a sparkling sequins hat on a cube at every concert, something is going wrong . "

There's a lot of nastiness like it was written by an embittered spinster in this sentence .. "Yes, Mika, I think you've got the X Factor. X. A beautiful ics written on your face."

No, forgive me, but i don't feel that the spirit in this article is correct....IMO

When I first read that article I laughed, not because what it is written in it is funny or ironic, but just because it is garbage. Excite a good site? It is an old website aggregator from the early internet age, now depressingly disappearing and willing to get a last, glamorous "dance of the swan".

It's gossip most of the time because this makes good access to the website. I used to write and work for websites like this, I know well how it works.

An article of these, if you are lucky enough can make thousands of access and if it shared on facebook, thousands over thousands.

Obviously if you make scandal, you get more views and visits.

And the tone of this article is the one of searching flames and indignated comments.

I imagine how happy and proud is the man who wrote that... I cannot even define it. Not "article" for sure. Garbage. That's it.

It's not a devotion "issue". I am not so devoted to Mika. If there's issues to criticize, I do it. But in a correct way. Not just to attract visibility or harmful will. This "paper" does right this. IMO.

But this is not true .

These posts summarize what I think too :thumb_yello:

I don't give a lot of importance to this article because in my advice it's evident that the autor wrote it so people talk about it. That's not journalism but it's a simple way to attract attention. I am not a fan without critical sense at all, when I don't agree with the things he makes I may criticize him without problems, but when you have substantial arguments.

I agree. People may disagree with the way with Mika try to enlarge his public, but I think that there are no doubts that his music is always his priority, indeed all this things are instruments that Mika used for his music, even if they are controversial :thumb_yello:

Well,that applies to many singers in the world,usually they are unknown before releasing their first album,but that doesn't necessarily means they were hiding :dunno: Anyway,I was talking about his own declarations that he made his first album surrounded by many people,and that he wanted to do the same for TOOL,since he was very unhappy writing the second one in a totally isolation.(at least this is what I remember from all his interviews).

Yes, but when some of us talk about him hiding away, from our point of view, it's when he goes off to write and record the album with limited contact to the outside world. Times before he starts giving insights (like the vids for TBWKTM, and isolated tweets of lyrics here and there later in the recording process) Usually at these times it's people who are working with him that shed any light at all at what is going on, so really to us Mika is effectively in hiding getting on with things.

That's why this time is known as the "Mika drought"