You are an optimistic :aah:

Yes, it was optimistic. I know he can easily use much more time for making an album. It would just make sense to publish new music as soon as possible to use the success in Italy/France.

Yes, it was optimistic. I know he can easily use much more time for making an album. It would just make sense to publish new music as soon as possible to use the success in Italy/France.

And because he also resently said that 20% of the songs are ready - he has also told, in many diff. medias, that there will be a new alb. and a tour this year - and I think he's more than aware that these "promises" won't be forgotten - if nothing happens throughout the year! :wink2: I'm very sure MIKA still wants to be seen as a serious musician - and person ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

And because he also resently said that 20% of the songs are ready - he has also told, in many diff. medias, that there will be a new alb. and a tour this year - and I think he's more than aware that these "promises" won't be forgotten - if nothing happens throughout the year! :wink2: I'm very sure MIKA still wants to be seen as a serious musician - and person ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

He said pretty much the same thing when he was making TBWKTM, and it still wasn't finished when he said it would be. So I take all these declarations with a pinch of salt now until I see the actual words "it's done" from Greg Wells.

Yes, but when some of us talk about him hiding away, from our point of view, it's when he goes off to write and record the album with limited contact to the outside world. Times before he starts giving insights (like the vids for TBWKTM, and isolated tweets of lyrics here and there later in the recording process) Usually at these times it's people who are working with him that shed any light at all at what is going on, so really to us Mika is effectively in hiding getting on with things.

That's why this time is known as the "Mika drought"

I got what you mean,this is from our point of view,but I was just tried to answer to Elwendin to her question about what Mika said on this,because she's new here and maybe had not yet the time to watch and read all the interviews.And this is what Mika said all the time,if I'm not mistaken.

As for me, I have no idea what is the perfect recipe for writing songs,if it's better to hide or not,and I think no one has it,but if he wants to do it in his way,I'm fine with that.I prefer to wait and give an opinion on real stuff,not to worry for "what if he won't do this or that" in the future.But well,this is only my opinion,of course :wink2:

He said pretty much the same thing when he was making TBWKTM, and it still wasn't finished when he said it would be. So I take all these declarations with a pinch of salt now until I see the actual words "it's done" from Greg Wells.

I know that this has been repeated " a couple of times" during the last months :naughty: But let's hope MIKAs "old sins" are history now - I can wait, even if it would be amazing with both alb. and tour soon. But I'd rather have quality than something made in a hurry - and I also both hope and think that he wouldn't permit himself to deliver something bad! He's surfing on a success wave these days :wub2: Maybe he'll celebrate the birth of Palomas baby with a new alb. ?! :blush-anim-cl: Well, that might be too much to expect - but we'll just have to wait and see what happens, during the winter and spring months ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

Mika was in complete and total hiding while he was making TOOL. As Rose said I think there is a misunderstanding about what I meant about being in hiding. What I mean is that he completely walls himself off from the public and public commitments. He said that even Paloma was upset with him for buggering off to make an album. He was so immersed in what he was doing he couldn't even stay by his sister's bedside while she was recovering.

He was not starring on TV shows.

He was not doing promo for previous albums.

He was not doing autograph sessions.

He was not interacting with fans.

He was not publishing stories about his 6 week holidays with his family.

He did not even Tweet.

When Mika is "in hiding" the only evidence we will have that he's still alive is that people he is collaborating with will start leaking info via social media. Engineers will say he's in their studio. Songwriters and producers will say they are spending time with him. Greg Wells will start gushing that Mika is the most amazing musical genius on the planet and wind everyone up about how great things are sounding.

And after weeks and months fans will be moaning that they haven't heard anything from Mika in so long they can't stand it. So he will finally say (for real this time and not some BS he has told every single time he has ever been asked whether he is working on new music since 2007) that he is completely engrossed in a new album and please be patient because it is necessary for him to hide.

Can this change? Can Mika find a way to create an album while he is committed to other projects and interacting with fans and media on a regular basis? Maybe, only Mika knows whether he can or wants to work on an album this way. But we've seen zero evidence of this happening at the moment so I find zero reason to believe it at this point.

And yes, no one expects Mika to make an album without inspiration, etc. He is not a machine. But he also needs to allot some kind of time to do it or it can't possibly happen. I don't think he is writing songs in his sleep or recording them on his almost daily shuttles between Paris and Milan. It's just not realistic.

Yes , I also think Mika's path has changed in the last 7 years. He is no longer the young man who is writing for the 2nd album, hidden and anxiously after of the overwhelming success from 2007. I think his 2nd album is great but not simple enough. :fisch: And his also 3th album is wonderful and simple enough for the big audience but for some reason his record company thinks Mika's music has to run by itself - and it doesn't. :wink2:

After this disillusioning experience Mika decides to no longer wait for his record company - including before the publication of the 4th album he have to do for himself that they are also purchased. Unfortunately he hadn't the chance in UK (I'm sure he would prefer), but in Italy with X-Factor and France with Voice - and he was taken this chance. Of course , new ways are always a risk – and it could go wrong. But in Italy it went well, very well for him! Of course , Italy is not the UK, but wastet time? No! There are plenty of artists who can live very well with their sales in the romance-speaking area , although we in Germany, UK , America and Asia don't like that fact. Even I still hope that the attention he has now in Italy and France, the people in the UK noticed .

Mika will bring out his 4th album , whether this year or next year , that doesn't changes the sales figures neither in the UK nor in the U.S. . We fans should be patient and trust Mika's decisions. Of course , not every one of his decisions must be right , but who can say what is right and what is wrong in the life.

Yes , I also think Mika's path has changed in the last 7 years. He is no longer the young man who is writing for the 2nd album, hidden and anxiously after of the overwhelming success from 2007. I think his 2nd album is great but not simple enough. :fisch: And his also 3th album is wonderful and simple enough for the big audience but for some reason his record company thinks Mika's music has to run by itself - and it doesn't. :wink2:

After this disillusioning experience Mika decides to no longer wait for his record company - including before the publication of the 4th album he have to do for himself that they are also purchased. Unfortunately he hadn't the chance in UK (I'm sure he would prefer), but in Italy with X-Factor and France with Voice - and he was taken this chance. Of course , new ways are always a risk – and it could go wrong. But in Italy it went well, very well for him! Of course , Italy is not the UK, but wastet time? No! There are plenty of artists who can live very well with their sales in the romance-speaking area , although we in Germany, UK , America and Asia don't like that fact. Even I still hope that the attention he has now in Italy and France, the people in the UK noticed .

Mika will bring out his 4th album , whether this year or next year , that doesn't changes the sales figures neither in the UK nor in the U.S. . We fans should be patient and trust Mika's decisions. Of course , not every one of his decisions must be right , but who can say what is right and what is wrong in the life.

I liked your post, thanks!

I like your objectivity, who are we to say what is right or what is wrong for him?maybe even he doesn't have the assurance (don't know if it's the right term) that his decisions are right and advisable for his career. But maybe they are for his life, maybe from this experiences he gives us wonderful music because they help him to find his inspiration.

I think that things change in life and life changes things, even the most obvious ones like the need to be in a studio if you want to make music. He has grown up, and maybe, besides the money making, this is his new way to create something, we can't decide if hiding is more suitable than traveling. Of course if he travels he's not in a studio, but music doesn't only mean being lock in a studio.

Don't forget he wrote the most amazing things out of emotions. If he gives us another Origin of Love, I think we should be grateful to this experiences.:naughty: (and, if so, I will personally carry him on my shoulders from a stage to another :aah:)

Maybe....maybe....maybe...maybe there are too many maybe:aah:

We'll see

(Sorry, I had also to quote someone else's post but forgot, all the same hope you understand)

Edited by PaolaC

Mika was in complete and total hiding while he was making TOOL. As Rose said I think there is a misunderstanding about what I meant about being in hiding. What I mean is that he completely walls himself off from the public and public commitments. He said that even Paloma was upset with him for buggering off to make an album. He was so immersed in what he was doing he couldn't even stay by his sister's bedside while she was recovering.

He did not even Tweet.

When Mika is "in hiding" the only evidence we will have that he's still alive is that people he is collaborating with will start leaking info via social media. Engineers will say he's in their studio. Songwriters and producers will say they are spending time with him. Greg Wells will start gushing that Mika is the most amazing musical genius on the planet and wind everyone up about how great things are sounding.

And after weeks and months fans will be moaning that they haven't heard anything from Mika in so long they can't stand it. So he will finally say (for real this time and not some BS he has told every single time he has ever been asked whether he is working on new music since 2007) that he is completely engrossed in a new album and please be patient because it is necessary for him to hide.

Well, now I have a pretty clear idea of how things usually go with him. When he said he didn't hide for TOOL, I thought he didn't do the things you wrote here in order to write it. I thought he did that just for the first and second album.

So, while writing the first he was no one.

While writing the second he was hiding from the whole world.

While writing the thirs he was hiding from the whole world but musician and producers and stuff?

Right?

We can all make up brilliant excuses for him why doing these shows is the best decision ever, but he knows just as much as we all do that this fame he generated is superficial and will fade as quickly as it came. Nobody remembers and admires celebrity. Great artists are remembered.

Yes yes there will be a new album eventually. Yes yes we must trust Mika. Unfortunately he has only two choices: keep up the celebrity facade in Italy or France, or release new music this year while it still has effect and show people he is more than just a pretty face.

Of course if he travels he's not in a studio, but music doesn't only mean being lock in a studio.

Don't forget he wrote the most amazing things out of emotions. If he gives us another Origin of Love, I think we should be grateful to this experiences.:naughty: (and, if so, I will personally carry him on my shoulders from a stage to another :aah:)

But he wrote Origin of Love in a studio. And no he doesn't need to be physically in a studio. He has worked on songs in a castle, in his parents' basement, in a hotel room with Ben Garrett. But during these times he was not completely tied up with other things. He was focusing on making an album.

All of this talk about inspiration and emotions and creativity gives one the warm fuzzies but the fact remains that making an album still involves a lot of work. It doesn't leave Mika's wonderful imagination and transfer itself fully formed onto a CD. Origin of Love did not come to him while he was signing autographs for fans or appearing on TV shows. It did not even come to him while he was experiencing the relationship that inspired it. It happened when he took the time to collaborate with some other musicians for the purposes of making an album.

He did not even Tweet.

Can this change? Can Mika find a way to create an album while he is committed to other projects and interacting with fans and media on a regular basis? Maybe, only Mika knows whether he can or wants to work on an album this way. But we've seen zero evidence of this happening at the moment so I find zero reason to believe it at this point.

And yes, no one expects Mika to make an album without inspiration, etc. He is not a machine. But he also needs to allot some kind of time to do it or it can't possibly happen. I don't think he is writing songs in his sleep or recording them on his almost daily shuttles between Paris and Milan. It's just not realistic.

Creativity is anarchic by definition. Sometimes it explodes through suggestions and constant stimulation, exposure to open air and living among the people, while others requires absolute silence and isolation. It is not always the same, it is never possible to harness it in a method or a regulation.

Yesterday Mika may have needed to withdraw into himself and hide and write, but today, perhaps, he needs to have a life at supersonic speed . One thing, however, is essential for creativity: it needs lifeblood, "nourishment " . For a writer it means listening to the stories of others, to observe reality, to study people behaviour, to absorb life. For a musician , I guess, it may be to receive stimulation/suggestions from other melodies , musical experiences to treasure noises , rhythms, even just voices.

I believe - but it is only my personal feeling since I consider him both a writer and a musician - that Mika has given and is giving plenty of himself to programs like Xfactor and The Voice , but he's also taking a lot: voices, sounds , rhythms, even a dispassionate comparison of ideas and visions of different music and melody . A total immersion in a reality he perceives as close to him but not too well known. He's taking stories, life, experiences, feelings, sorrows, joy, jokes, funny moments and so on. All this will be put into his lyrics one day.

Maybe Mika will hide, and sooner or later write , reworking everything he has experienced so far, and will draw from this his melodies .

Or maybe this is the time of sharing and total expenditure, even in writing.

Moreover, it also happens to writers : JK Rowling wrote Harry Potter , at least the first of the seven books of the entire saga in a café in Edinburgh, completely dived into the crowd and noise of everyday life . Then, for Casual Vacancy she isolated herself, because she already was popular and needed privacy. The third book , she even published under a nickname, and had to reveal to the world that she was the author or the book would have sunk into nothing.

The requirements change depending on how it changes the life of an artist and especially the living conditions of the same . Mika can be that way. I reckon that LICM was written in a totally different way from TBWKTM and TOOL too, was written in another totally different way and conditions of life.

I think that trying to trace rules for Mika's creativity is not a correct way to proceed and does not give him the credit he deserves.

But he wrote Origin of Love in a studio. And no he doesn't need to be physically in a studio. He has worked on songs in a castle, in his parents' basement, in a hotel room with Ben Garrett. But during these times he was not completely tied up with other things. He was focusing on making an album.

All of this talk about inspiration and emotions and creativity gives one the warm fuzzies but the fact remains that making an album still involves a lot of work. It doesn't leave Mika's wonderful imagination and transfer itself fully formed onto a CD. Origin of Love did not come to him while he was signing autographs for fans or appearing on TV shows. It did not even come to him while he was experiencing the relationship that inspired it. It happened when he took the time to collaborate with some other musicians for the purposes of making an album.

I didn't mean that making an album is improvisation, I know it involves a lot of work. I was just saying that we can't know how inspiration comes to an artist and that maybe he's working in another unusual way.

Creativity is anarchic by definition. Sometimes it explodes through suggestions and constant stimulation, exposure to open air and living among the people, while others requires absolute silence and isolation. It is not always the same, it is never possible to harness it in a method or a regulation.

Yesterday Mika may have needed to withdraw into himself and hide and write, but today, perhaps, he needs to have a life at supersonic speed . One thing, however, is essential for creativity: it needs lifeblood, "nourishment " . For a writer it means listening to the stories of others, to observe reality, to study people behaviour, to absorb life. For a musician , I guess, it may be to receive stimulation/suggestions from other melodies , musical experiences to treasure noises , rhythms, even just voices.

I believe - but it is only my personal feeling since I consider him both a writer and a musician - that Mika has given and is giving plenty of himself to programs like Xfactor and The Voice , but he's also taking a lot: voices, sounds , rhythms, even a dispassionate comparison of ideas and visions of different music and melody . A total immersion in a reality he perceives as close to him but not too well known. He's taking stories, life, experiences, feelings, sorrows, joy, jokes, funny moments and so on. All this will be put into his lyrics one day.

Maybe Mika will hide, and sooner or later write , reworking everything he has experienced so far, and will draw from this his melodies .

Or maybe this is the time of sharing and total expenditure, even in writing.

Moreover, it also happens to writers : JK Rowling wrote Harry Potter , at least the first of the seven books of the entire saga in a café in Edinburgh, completely dived into the crowd and noise of everyday life . Then, for Casual Vacancy she isolated herself, because she already was popular and needed privacy. The third book , she even published under a nickname, and had to reveal to the world that she was the author or the book would have sunk into nothing.

The requirements change depending on how it changes the life of an artist and especially the living conditions of the same . Mika can be that way. I reckon that LICM was written in a totally different way from TBWKTM and TOOL too, was written in another totally different way and conditions of life.

I think that trying to trace rules for Mika's creativity is not a correct way to proceed and does not give him the credit he deserves.

That's exactly what I meant in one of my previews post. You've explain it very well.:wink2:

The requirements change depending on how it changes the life of an artist and especially the living conditions of the same . Mika can be that way.

I am not proscribing rules for how Mika must create an album. I am not saying it is impossible for him to change. I am just describing what has happened in the past for the people who were not around while he was making his previous albums. Whether Mika will change his process and not hide this time remains to be seen because at the moment there is no evidence for it whatsoever. As we always seem to do in these discussions we turn to some vague hypotheticals instead of talking about what we know to be happening.

Mika has already gone from saying in the media that he is half finished to telling fans that he is 20% finished. To me this means he really has not even started yet and has no clear direction on where it's going.

We are all speculating here and won't know how this album is going to take shape until it's done. But my thoughts on the matter are based on what we know about Mika and his history and what we can see happening in his career right now. Not on some general notions about creativity that may or may not apply to Mika and his current circumstances. It all just sounds like excuses to me for why he's not in a studio right now as he said he would be.

And please note I am not the one telling Mika to go into a studio. He is the one who said that is where he is going to make his album.

Oh, thank you for putting it in such a wonderful way :thumb_yello: Exactly how I think but couldn't explain it. Yes, nourishment is a good word.

It's swings and roundabouts, as we say in the UK. Mika has done exceptionally well in Italy and France. If he releases an album tomorrow, it would be number one by teatime in those countries.

But it would flop in the UK.

So, the way I see it, is that Mika has to prepare the groundwork. This means hitting the UK with something, probably on TV, as he's realized that is how to get his personality across to the public. Then when the album is released, it will stand a chance.

All the TV work wouldn't matters if he could trust his record company to promote him, but he can't, so it will take more effort on his part, and possibly longer for the album. But I think he knows what he's doing and has planned it all. Yes, he is a businessman as well as a musician, but that's not a bad thing at all. Up to now his self-promotion is going absolutely great and I am very optimistic about the future of Mika's career.

We can all make up brilliant excuses for him why doing these shows is the best decision ever

At least we are brilliant :naughty:

this fame he generated is superficial and will fade as quickly as it came. Nobody remembers and admires celebrity. Great artists are remembered.

I agree with your there. People who admires celebrity could also not buy a single album. I am one of those. I like some other singers, of course, but not that much to make me buy their albums.

And even my aged neighbour now knows and is happy with him but of course she won't ever buy any album of his or attend a gig or whatever. And she'll eventually forget him like many italians, unless he'd turn into a showman (but I'm not afraid of that, it seems impossible to me).

But I think that being famous right now can provide something good to help him with his next choices, if he does them right. I think it's all about what he will do next:

keep up the celebrity facade in Italy or France, or release new music this year while it still has effect and show people he is more than just a pretty face.

If he will release the new music soon enough to take advantage of this celebrity I trust him to sell a good amount of albums. Sure, we can discuss how much good sales mean that he's a great artist or not (to me Tool is amazing, for instance). Besides, as we told, he just can't plan to release music just to be on a commercial schedule. (Well, actually I think he could, it's up to him to decide his priorities and the purposes of his music, but if he wants to keep expressing himself through it he just can't write music on a schedule)

So, it will depend on his next choices, in my opinion, if he will be able to turn this celebrity into something enduring, if he will be forgotten by people or not, if he will be faithful to himself or not. In this very moment he has provided himself a full tools set. Le't see what he will build with that.

I may be wrong, cause if I knew this stuff I would be too busy being his manager to write over here. :aah:

Besides I'm feeling pretty confused right now, it took me half an hour to write this mess. Sometimes I picture him huge and successful, sometimes I picture him just like he was in 2012 (I mean, he was still great, but not that famous like some other singers). I suppose I'm feeling like this because I think he's at a crossroad right now, and it's up to him to fail or to win.

We have received loads of letters asking about Mika's music and if he's working on a new record, plus we know a lot of you are talking about it and worrying that TV shows and other things mean he's not writing music. We wanted to put your mind at rest - we are happy to confirm that Mika is already working on his next album and will be spending time in the studio in the next few months. We'll keep you posted on the news but expect exciting things…

ahahahahahahhahahahaha little stalkers!!! :lmfao:

thanks for talking to us, Mika's facebook page :wink2: