REPORTS/VIDEOS/PICTURES: Mika @ Bercy, Paris, France - 26 April 2010

lollipop_monkey

Alright, almost midnight in Paris... bring on the reports! As always, let's focus on reports here. Chatter can go in the chatter thread. :punk:

dscf4002f.jpg

100428093710108664.jpg

-------------

REPORTS

-------------

Nanou

Melman92 - Part 1

Melman92 - Part 2

mellody - Part 1

mellody - Part 2

mellody - Part 3

macboll

funkycowgirl

Droopsy

Marly

Nightbird

-------------

PICTURES

-------------

Tiibet

Droopsy

funkycowgirl

Marly

Professional Pics 1

Professional Pics 2

Professional Pics 3

-------------

VIDEOS

-------------

Intro & Relax

Big Girl

Rain

Blame it on the Girls

Good Gone Girl

I See You

Any Other World

Touches You

Over My Shoulder

Toy Boy

Band et al dancing to Kick Ass

Edited by lollipop_monkey

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Postet by labelbarclay via Twitter:

Mika vient de recevoir son triple disque de platine après son premier concert à Bercy pour son dernier album

scaled.php?tn=0&server=203&filename=sn6.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Awww lovely pic :wub2: and brilliant news :yay: T4P!

cant wait cant wait! sounded amazing when i heard TY by phone... and from what i have heard.... I WANT TIIBETS PICS :aah:

Postet by labelbarclay via Twitter:

Mika vient de recevoir son triple disque de platine après son premier concert à Bercy pour son dernier album

scaled.php?tn=0&server=203&filename=sn6.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Thx for posting :flowers2:

Ok, I've juts posted this in the pre-show thread and then realised this one is now open, so i copy here what I wrote:

Hey guys!!!

I won't make a complete report now because i'm reallly tires and have to wake up in a few hours for thomorrow's gig...

What I can say is: WOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!! The venue was on fire!! I've never been to Bercy before but this venue is HUGE!!! I had a seated place and it was really fantastic to see the entire audience dancing a waving all the time!! Mika was obviously so happy!! I can't find words atm to describe everything but WOW is a great summary according to me :naughty:

No M&G tonight...Security guys came and told us Mika was tired and won't come outside to sign anything. As it never come from John or anybody else than thoses guys, I honestly can't tell if this was true or not but we felt like our man deserve a good rest (and so do we btw :mf_rosetinted:). then a lot of people went away without seeing him going outisde of the venue.

Oh! We've managed to make 2 lists too! one for the standing tickets and one for the seated ones. Everybody had a good place then :thumb_yello:

That's it for today... I'm exhausted... but I'm sure detailed report will appear really soon :thumb_yello:

yo. :naughty:

gonna start writing a little (well, let's see... :teehee:) report now. am quite tired but there's kinda party at the flat where i'm staying anyway, 2 parents, 3 children and 4 guests - well, 3 of them, the 4th is me - are chatting and laughing away, but i just have enough for today, need a bit of quietness now, that's why i just went to my room and in my bed and started my notebook instead of joining them. :wink2:

gonna be a LG tomorrow, so there's no need to queue, i.e. no need to get up early. v. happy bout this, wouldn't wanna get up at 5 or something to be there early enough for a good front row place! :doh: well, gonna start writing now. :bleh:

yo. :naughty:

gonna start writing a little (well, let's see... :teehee:) report now. am quite tired but there's kinda party at the flat where i'm staying anyway, 2 parents, 3 children and 4 guests - well, 3 of them, the 4th is me - are chatting and laughing away, but i just have enough for today, need a bit of quietness now, that's why i just went to my room and in my bed and started my notebook instead of joining them. :wink2:

gonna be a LG tomorrow, so there's no need to queue, i.e. no need to get up early. v. happy bout this, wouldn't wanna get up at 5 or something to be there early enough for a good front row place! :doh: well, gonna start writing now. :bleh:

Private Mika after party ? :wink2:

thx for the sort report and sweet dreams whenever you'll get that. Best of luck tomorrow :yay::pbjt:

DarkAngel_1983 - @jimmyplaysbass Heard sme of the gig by phone and it sounded amazing! Haveing fun at the after party?

jimmyplaysbass - @DarkAngel_1983 my Mum came along too. Fun fun fun!

Great :groovy:

so,don't worry,it'll be a m&g for sure tomorow ;)

I feel so weird from tonight’s gig. (Technically, yesterday haha)

Damn, I was the bride at Mika’s gig. I’ve never actually been in the whole wedding thing, dreaming of getting married as a kid, more the reverse, which is quite ironic :naughty:

Besides being knackered and hurting feet, it was so fantastic. Like the most amazing experience ever. It does sound too much but it feels like I’m overwhelmed with everything that happen, like I can’t even convey it into proper words -which is always practical when you’re writing a written report. Anyway, I really want to do this now, as I still feel all the excitement, and I’d like to remember what it really felt like. Not that you care :naughty:

To begin with a funny anecdote I arrived at 7 or so and joined Aimee (I<3Mika something) and where we were there were only 2 other people waiting, which seemed strange but we decided to do the number thing anyway… We only found out later that it was not the right queue, so when we arrived at the good one, we were 37 and 38. Quite a difference. :naughthy:

Then it was basically queuing, waiting in the cold/sun, being relocated in another queue, waiting again, meeting many MFCers (like Nightbird, Pinktequila, Lasara- it was so much fun meeting you! B!anka-it was really nice to talk face to face a bit  ) or re-seeing some (Tiibet, melody, Kate,Nanou..) I’m sure I’m forgetting loads, sorry! Something I really like about this community is that there people completely diff from the whole world and u actually get to know them while there’s no way around you would have met them otherwise! Tacky though it may seem, it’s just what I feel atm :biggrin2:

Anyway, skipping the usual boring stuff, John came up with M’s choreographer(?) which interested me as I wanted to be a lollipop girl and never been one. They first picked 4 lollipop girls and I wasn’t one of them so I thought I was screwed. It kinda pissed me off but not that much, it’s already great just to be able to be a LG. Besides, I was going to the gig after all so it would have been fun anyway. But then, she said she needed a bride and she needed someone tall so, very childishly I admit, I tried to look taller (which I think she has noticed- but she picked me anyway :roftl: I wished other people like Aimee would have been picked out but I really hope they get to be some tomorrow/today!

So then they gathered us around, talking to us about not approaching Mika, not talking to him whatsoever except if he talked to you haha! The funny thing was that when she asked us if we were all 18, Mamma P said “say yes” :roftl: I also liked the contract you had to sign in which you stated that you can’t sue Mika if you’re hurt but if it’s really important or you die :naughty: I wished I had a copy of it as a souvenir :roftl:

It felt so surreal backstage! It hadn’t really dawned on me where I was and what I was on the point of doing (although I don’t think it has right now lol) After the rehearsals and the food-giving, we got to go to the gig until It was nice because I could find Aimee again but I had forgotten my glasses in my bag which meant I saw a blurry Mika/ show but at least I got to stay until blue eyes (while the LG and BG had to come before the show to try out outfits- Mamma P seemed to say that the bride outfit would fit me.) Anyway, going all the way backstage was really hectic-almost lost my mobile phone, hopefully I didn’t lose anything else… Besides, the security guy wouldn’t let me go in, saying all the girls that were supposed to be on stage were already there. Hopefully I managed to see Yasmine and call her to tell her I was the bride (hahaha-it’s still weird) and then Mamma P helped me get dressed. The dress is really beautiful!! A bit long though, but that’s the point of a wedding dress I guess… :mf_rosetinted: I just have to say while I’m talking about them I’m so grateful of what they’re doing! They’re so nice and patient with us! And you can really feel they’re so invested it in the whole thing. And just seeing them from close is really nice lol.

I was a bit freaked out before going on stage but there was quite a good vibe there with Yasmine and the choreographer singing to Mika.  I even sang with the choreographer a bit for happy ending cause she was holding my hand to help me with the dress.

Okay so the actual going on stage was weird. I was trying to look stern since it’s a funeral (right? I’m not even sure I got the whole concept right :roftl: ) so I didn’t enjoy it as much, trying to follow the guy in front of me well- I didn’t look anything else, I didn’t even see Mika on stage! However, it kinda felt like I messed it up. Mamma P said it was perfect (if I heard correctly) but I felt it was more out of pity than anything else :naughty:

Then I dressed off for the rest of the gig ‘til Toy Boy but I was at the back because I couldn’t be bothered to go all the way to my spot. It feels completely different (i.e. there was a girl who kept saying the TB doll was ugly and parents completely tired of their children who were running haha) That’s when you remember why you’re queuing so much!

Then I went backstage again, put the dress and they gave me a rabbit masc (?) I couldn’t breathe in it and I could barely see with it. When I got on stage, I could barely see anything, just with the one eye. I tried to dance as Yasmine told us, that is to say with the musicians so I was really happy when I saw that Imma was dancing and was towards me so I approached her not realising I was getting closer to the centre of the stage.All of a sudden I see Mika with my one eye badly and he’s grabbing me so I’m trying to grab him as well but I was having troubles with my dress so I couldn’t walk anymore and Mika had to weigh me (It felt like it) miserably to drop me because I was so hopeless, haha. Most embarrassing moment EVER. Or greatest, I still don’t know. I didn’t even realize I was grabbing him. Then I tried to dance with people I could see around me, I must have looked really stupid since I’m sure I was dancing with myself most of the time lol.

Then we went backstage and I asked Katie to take pics of me posing in my dress. It was funny cause David was passing by and told me something I didn’t actually get. :roftl:

After that, the m&g…what can I say? Well I wanted Mika to sign my fake converse shoes but you had to give what you wanted to sign to some management person and she told me I wouldn’t get it signed but I asked her to try anyway. Turns out, he had signed it but the management person wrote my name on it so that I couldn’t sell it (like I would!) She told me Mika asked her to do it (I’m more thinking his management staff who don’t want people to make profit out of Mika’s siggies but whatever) So it looks a bit weird. Oh well!

Finally, the picture moment: we were asked to gather in groups of 6 (we were 17 people-all French I think but for a guy who’s on the MFC I think?) so I’m the person who’s further away from Mika on the pic haha. However, it was really cute because Mika asked me in French “how’s the bride?” which I really appreciated as you can imagine :naughty: At first, I wanted to say “I’m your bride!” or something crazy like that to make him laugh when I saw him but I guess he took me by surprise lol. I’m wondering how he knew it was me since I had the rabbit costume when he grabbed me! I then tried to thank him for all the effort he put into making us do something in his gigs; wished I could have had time that to Yasmine and Mamma P as well!

All in all, a great experience. I would advice anyone who hesitates to do it to do it! It’s just so worth it, there’s nothing like it! The sad thing was that I missed a great part of the show and I don’t understand what’s the point of the SFS big book (since I missed its arrival) and other things and this gig was the only one I could go to –I wasn’t even sure I would go. The really sad thing was that I didn’t get the one euro that I was supposed to get for my participation at the gig-which was what being on stage all about! :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

I hope this report isn’t too dull and full of mistakes,haha. :roftl:

ok, report... :biggrin2: part 1 - nothing bout mika yet, if you just wanna read bout the gig, you can wait for the 2nd part. :bleh:

like i tweeted, i arrived at 9 am and got number 53. was quite shocked about this - before, i had jokingly said to graciosa, do you think we'll get below no.30? but 53 at 9am, that's much worse than london ever was, and just mad! was a bit pissed at first, but then thought ok front row is gonna be very big, and maybe some of the people before me want to be LGs/BGs - and indeed i was lucky in the end and got a place in front row on the right side of the stage, about where cherisse is.

queuing was ok... on the positive side, meeting lots of nice people, and john organizing a special mfc (or rather, numbers...) entrance again. on the negative side, i was changing between getting fried by the sun (have a sunburn in my face, despite sunblock!) and freezing my a** off. only in the late afternoon when the sun stayed out for longer periods, it was quite nice, but most of the day i was freezing. well i just was wearing my blue dress, no long trousers this time as the last days it would've been warm enough - just not today. :aah:

got my ticket from axie (she first gave me a seating ticket accidentially, luckily she realized half an hour later and gave me the right one, otherwise i'd have had quite an unpleasant surprise at the doors later! :aah: damn that i don't understand french and couldn't distinguish the seated from the standing tickets! :lmfao:

anyway, we were let in at about 5:40pm, everything very organized, although john wasn't there. made it inside the venue, but then anna came and told us we had to leave again. :shocked: guess the soundcheck or the stage wasn't finished yet or something, don't really know. anyway, we had to go outside of the room again, back into the corridor where we had come from, but of course no one was in number order anymore, and ppl wouldn't listen to olga who tried to organize it. so i asked anna whether she could help us, and she said she'd check the numbers when we went back in, so they were in order. which she did, so everything was fine. :biggrin2: thanx anna! :wub2:

oh yes, and forgot to mention, when john+mrs p came out to look for LGs+BGs (mrs p selected them outside, not backstage like at the other gigs where i was), i asked her whether i could be a LG tomorrow as it was my birthday, and graciosa as well because otherwise she'd have to go alone to the gig - and mrs p agreed and told john to include us tomorrow. :biggrin2: so we'll be fine, no getting up early for queuing at crazy hours tomorrow, can start my bday in a relaxed way! :bleh:

she also noticed my sequin make-up, i had made a blue planet around my eye, with a silver glitter thingie around (no idea what's that called, like saturn...), she said sth like 'oh nice, like queen of the night!' (referring to ida's costume). :biggrin2:

ok then back into the venue where i got my front row place, next to graciosa and kanni... support act was a french group, a female singer and 2 guys, they said their name but i forgot. they were ok, not really my style, but they were quite funny, animating the crowd to whoop like indians and stuff like that, haha.

part 2 with the show will follow. :wink2:

Edited by mellody

part 2:

actually the venue inside didn't look that big to me, i first thought it didn't look that much bigger than the one in basel... but when it was filled with people later, it looked much bigger. still it was smaller inside than i had expected, also the stage, on the milan videos it looked HUGE, but it didn't seem that big really. :dunno: no idea if it was smaller than in milan, or if it was just the milan video, that it just seemed bigger.

and those programs. :wub2: mika has tour programs now, so fab, i've wanted this for AGES! it's normal for me to buy a tour program, just mika never had them so far. they're such fab collectors items! it's mainly pictures, only one page of text, in french. not even the credits (names of the crew etc.), like i'd usually expect it in a tour program. :dunno: but lots of fantastic photos, and bits of mika's artwork, like scribbles for the BG skull heads. but as it's in french, guess they'll only have it for the french gigs. it's 15 euro and imo totally worth it. :wub2:

so, the show... wow, this stage set really is AMAZING! nothing against our toronto planet painters, but those planets look so incredibly professional, totally love them! and yes, there is blacklight for several songs, and it also reaches the crowd (not only front row, i even saw ppl in the seated places glowing when they were wearing white!) - so my blue costume could finally show its full power and was glowing along with the planets. :biggrin2:

ida's queen of the night costume is so fantastic!! :wub2: well yes, her opera singing as well of course! :bleh: but that costume... i didn't know yet that the stars on the short skirt glow in the uv light! really hope ida will stay for the rest of the european tour, would love to see her (and all her pretty costumes! :biggrin2:) in that show more often than just for those 2 paris gigs.

that touches you dragon looks fab too, and i also like that billy brown flag, it actually looks pretty impressive!

and love it how mika gets everything out of his suitcase through that door in the floor, so funny!

alright, off to bed now... wanted to write more bout the gig (btw, melman, fab that you were the bride, and it didn't look weird wen he danced with you, although it was obvious that you were v. surprised in the first moment :teehee: you managed very well to play along! :thumb_yello:), but too tired now, am almost falling asleep here. well, have a bit more time tomorrow i think :wink2: night everyone, sweet dreams! :biggrin2:

Ok, I've juts posted this in the pre-show thread and then realised this one is now open, so i copy here what I wrote:

Hey guys!!!

I won't make a complete report now because i'm reallly tires and have to wake up in a few hours for thomorrow's gig...

What I can say is: WOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!! The venue was on fire!! I've never been to Bercy before but this venue is HUGE!!! I had a seated place and it was really fantastic to see the entire audience dancing a waving all the time!! Mika was obviously so happy!! I can't find words atm to describe everything but WOW is a great summary according to me :naughty:

No M&G tonight...Security guys came and told us Mika was tired and won't come outside to sign anything. As it never come from John or anybody else than thoses guys, I honestly can't tell if this was true or not but we felt like our man deserve a good rest (and so do we btw :mf_rosetinted:). then a lot of people went away without seeing him going outisde of the venue.

Oh! We've managed to make 2 lists too! one for the standing tickets and one for the seated ones. Everybody had a good place then

That's it for today... I'm exhausted... but I'm sure detailed report will appear really soon :thumb_yello:

Love you nanou!! :wub2: Thanks again for keeping seats in the venue! :wub2:

I don't know what to report... The gig was great, the set looked gorgeous... what more can I say???? :aah:

LOVED the intro, LOVED the Ida singing part before GGG, the entire venue went crazy during songs as rain, billy brown, love today etc.

dscf4095j.jpg

dscf4093j.jpg

dscf4064u.jpg

dscf4019.jpg

dscf4002f.jpg

dscf3980.jpg

part 2:

ida's queen of the night costume is so fantastic!! :wub2: well yes, her opera singing as well of course! :bleh: but that costume... i didn't know yet that the stars on the short skirt glow in the uv light! really hope ida will stay for the rest of the european tour, would love to see her (and all her pretty costumes! :biggrin2:) in that show more often than just for those 2 paris gigs.

Ida :wub2:

I'm hoping to see / hear her in Amsterdam