Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone! :bye:

The gigs were just amazing! :mf_lustslow::boing:

I will post some pics later....

But for now, here's a pic of us, of the LG and BG with Mika after the gig:

100428093710108664.jpg

It was sooo amazing to be a Lollipop girl in front of 18.000 people :wub2:

Really great :wub2: I'll never forget this evening.... :blush-anim-cl::wub2: Mama P. and Yasmine were so sweet with us :wub2:

It was a beautiful day... John again was our angel as usual :wub2:

100428093710108664.jpg

It was sooo amazing to be a Lollipop girl in front of 18.000 people :wub2:

Really great :wub2: I'll never forget this evening.... :blush-anim-cl::wub2: Mama P. and Yasmine were so sweet with us :wub2:

Aaaaawww, so happy for you!! I didn't know you were a LG!!! Awesome :wub2:

@marly: your pics are gorgeous :swoon:

100428093710108664.jpg

It was sooo amazing to be a Lollipop girl in front of 18.000 people

Nice picture!

@marly: your pics are gorgeous :swoon:

you pics are amazing :flowers2:

Thank you :blush-anim-cl:

ok, this is part 3 of my report, didn't have time yesterday, but wanted to write a bit more about the gig itself, so many little bits+pieces that only became clear to me after seeing the show live, as they weren't posted or didn't come across that well on youtube. ;-)

first of all, generally this gig wasn't one of my faves altogether... yes, mika was happy about the crowd reactions and all, but i had the feeling he wasn't 100% there with his mind+soul, hard to describe... talked about it with nightbird yesterday and she agrees with me - i'm sure though that for anyone who isn't a regular gig goer it was a 100% fantastic experience and they didn't notice. ;-p the 2nd paris gig was better i think, though it's hard to tell/compare without my usual front spot. :teehee:

what i found interesting was that the crowd was going mad before the gig started, especially the people around where i was standing, they shouted mika, mika, and started mexican waves, cheered at every occasion, etc. i already thought, wow, they're gonna go crazy when mika comes on, but in fact they were relatively quiet for the whole first part of the gig! :blink: well, maybe mika just stunned them. :teehee: only from "rain" on, the crowd started going really mad. i especially noticed during biotg, that was definitely the best crowd reaction to that song of any of the gigs i've been to. well, don't know about yesterday, as i was backstage during biotg - anyway, i would've expected more from the crowd for the first part of the show, but for the 2nd part it was fab. ;-)

then all those new little bits+pieces he has added... i think you know about the dragon, the tree, the rocket, and the opera intro for ggg - btw, he does the ggg dance with ida now, on a video i had seen (milan?) he had still done it with imma. then this bugsy malone thing we had been wonderng about, they play a bit of the music from bugsy malone (i think), and mika has a pistol with which he shoots himself and out of the pistol comes a miniature version of the huge billy brown flag. hadn't been able to recognize that in the videos before. ;-) well, and that mary poppins suitcase is really funny, it starts with the BG intro which you might've seen in a video, a knocking sound and the BG shouting out of the suitcase "hey there skinny boy! can i have a diet coke and a pizza please? i'm starving!" :roftl: and then pizza boxes and empty coke bottles fly out of the suitcase, and BG lets out a huge burp. :lmfao: then before dr john mika first pulls out a flower vase (i think... couldn't see it properly...) and looks a bit bewildered :naughty:, then the i see you umbrella (for later), and then the dr john coat, which is a lot longer now. before any other world, there is a sound like a thunderstorm and white paper comes flying out of the suitcase... not sure what that's supposed to be... snow? hail? leaves? :dunno: but looks cool anyway. ;-p and during the song there are moving light points on the platform that look like those paper bits, so it looks like the paper bits are moving. i love all those little details! :wub2:

then, about this shooting bit during love today (where mika shoots all his band, the crowd and himself)... i still can't really understand how someone can have so much fun doing this, but you can see that it definitely is fun for mika. :naughty: anyway, it's not as bad as i thought, as mika does it in a somewhat childlike way, so he can get away with it. it really feels like he is a little boy who is playing cowboy with his friends - i'll never be able to understand what fascination boys have with weapons, but graciosa (who has a son) told me that this is just what boys do (at a certain age), turn everything into a weapon. oh well, our big child there on stage, lol! :roftl:

from the videos i thought i wouldn't like the choreographed bits of the show, but when seeing it live, i quite like it - it's not too much, so it's ok. :thumb_yello:

anyway, i had a fab time, and can't wait for amsterdam! :biggrin2: btw, i asked anna yesterday, and she said ida will be in amsterdam too. ;-) so i guess she'll be there at least til the end of the arena tour... and then in amsterdam or luxemburg we can ask again, about prague etc. ;-p

Thanks! It's already better than nothing :)

i caught your dance with mika on a pic, it's not the best photo ever, but thought you might still like it. :bleh:

35k8v9g.jpg

will upload my other pix tomorrow, too tired now. :wink2:

Just returned from Paris and will try to do a short report as well. First of all thanks to everyone who posted reports, pics and vids so far :wub2: I didn't make any pics, sorry, cause i'm unfortunately unable to concentrate on taking pics or vids and enjoying the show totally at the same time (and i knew Tiibet would take pics and vids so i knew there would be very good ones from this gig :wink2:)

Me and my friend Jessi (PinkTequila) arrived around 10 at the venue directly after arriving at Paris by plane. We got numbers 109 and 110 - freaky! :shocked: It was ok for us because we were sure to get to the first rows anyway at a huge venue like this - and we ended up 2nd row nearly in the middle, what was fine. But anyway i wished that it wouldn't be necessary to arrive before dawn at a venue just to get a number less than 50! Anyway, we had a great view and stood right behind Bianca and her mum, having a fab time partying together - thanx again so much for taking care of our bags and programs, that was so kind! :huglove:

Must admit that i really enjoyed the queuing that day, time flew by chatting and having a great time all together. Big thanx to the many lovely MFC people like Bianca and her mother, melman92 (you were a great and lovely bride and your little dance with Mika looked really fine, don't worry! I enjoyed watching you on stage so much!), Aimee (i <3 Mika), Sara, mellody, Tiibet and the others we saw (again) that day.

Weather was fine, our hotel was only a few steps away so we could bring our suitcases there and get us a coffee before returning to the venue. Like it has already been said John took care of us perfectly, watching after us and organized a special entrance for 150 peeps. Love him!

For me the hardest part is always to wait for the supporting act (btw I really liked the supporting act in Paris - does anyone remember their name please?) after having entered the venue...time seems to crawl! So i was glad they sold the new programs then so i had something to pass time. And like it's been said before - it's so worth the 15 Euros!! Stunning pics (every single one!) and layout. The pictures convey the fun and heart's blood as well as the hard work and effort that's behind putting up such a show. It is a perfect souvenir and - like mellody described it - a fab collectors item!

Ok, now the show...what can I add that's not already been said? Definitely want to mention that i really loved the crowd during OMS. Mika sang it so perfectly and full of emotion - and it was overwhelming that 17.000 people were actually quiet when he sang it. Got me goose bumps! They only applauded impressed between his singing parts and got quiet again when he started singing again - that was so respectful and stunning, it really moved me. Happy Ending was a highlight as well for me, Tiibet described it very well:

From Tiibet (text)

"Btw, i think i got nice happy ending last night. He looked happy and pleased because people sang along so much :)"

"He made a heart to people who made hearts to him and smiled and happy danceed. Lol! It's only a short dance but cute:)"

The part when he made, smiling, the heart with his hands back to the crowd which was making hearts to him, was so cute and lovely. It was such a nice connection between him and "us". Loved that! And like mellody said i share her impression that it took a while until both Mika and the crowd were totally on fire. Like she said, you wouldn't have noticed it if it was your first Mika gig, because he was still magnificent. But at the second Paris gig for example he was much more on fire and more relaxed from the beginning on (that's my personal impression at least), shouting out something (in french of course) like "Let's have fun and have a party all together!".

It was amazing and a great sight when the crowd started doing the Mexican wave, shouting "Mika, Mika!" and clapping before the gig. What an atmosphere! Kudos to lillibet and the "french corner" on the left who started it!!! :biggrin2: But the audience was comparatively calm during the first songs. Until "Rain", from then on suddenly everyone seemed to explode! :thumb_yello: Loved being a part of that!

The band was awesome as well. They contribute so much to making Mikas gigs remarkable and unique, by just being fabulous and entertaining. I laugh ever time during SITM when they all signal that Mikas first try to do the trumpet solo is just crap :roftl: Loved the band during KA as well - it seems they are having more and more fun dancing and messing around during this song from gig to gig! And i like it that the audience boos at Mika after he shoots down his whole band - what gets him to finally "shoot" the audience as well, before turning around and saying "Excusez-moi!" in a diabolic exaggerated way.

Grace Kelly, sung half in french, was another highlight for me. Because i love hearing Mika sing the lyrics in french. That's music to my ears! Ida was live even more stunning doing her opera part before GGG than i expected it after the first vids from other venues. Just wow! And Mika interacting with her like a pouting little boy who tries to gain back attention is so funny and cute. As TY is one of my favorite songs, i enjoyed that extremely as well. The crowd was jumping, singing along and rocking the venue! Mika performed TY remarkably well, was very sultry (doing the famous "hand-touches-head-tummy-hips-movement" combined with flirty looks :mf_rosetinted:) and although i still don't get the whole meaning of the dragon, i like it a lot cause it just looks fabulous! Same for the "Billy" Flag - it's so huge and impressive and i especially like the ending when Mika poses next to the flag and tears it finally down.

To sum it all up, it was a memorable evening i wouldn't have wanted to miss. It was a spontanious decision and not that easy to get the days off at work, finding an affordable flight and so on. But Mika, the band and the other MFC peeps made it a hundred times worth it!

Off to bed now, will try to report about the 2nd gig tomorrow/soon.

P.S:

Happy to see my friends again and meet other people. I really love the chat we had with Nightbird and her friend (sorry, I don't remember your mfc name) after the no-M&G ! :naughty:

It was really nice and fun ! Happy to meet you girls :wink2:

Deb, i totally agree! We also enjoyed the chat with you and your friend (sorry, I don't remember her name too) A LOT!!! You're such a friendly and likeable person - thanx again for helping with the tix for this gig and I really hope to see you again soon!!!

Edited by Nightbird

ok, this is part 3 of my report, didn't have time yesterday, but wanted to write a bit more about the gig itself, so many little bits+pieces that only became clear to me after seeing the show live, as they weren't posted or didn't come across that well on youtube. ;-)

first of all, generally this gig wasn't one of my faves altogether... yes, mika was happy about the crowd reactions and all, but i had the feeling he wasn't 100% there with his mind+soul, hard to describe... talked about it with nightbird yesterday and she agrees with me - i'm sure though that for anyone who isn't a regular gig goer it was a 100% fantastic experience and they didn't notice. ;-p the 2nd paris gig was better i think, though it's hard to tell/compare without my usual front spot.

what i found interesting was that the crowd was going mad before the gig started, especially the people around where i was standing, they shouted mika, mika, and started mexican waves, cheered at every occasion, etc. i already thought, wow, they're gonna go crazy when mika comes on, but in fact they were relatively quiet for the whole first part of the gig! :blink: well, maybe mika just stunned them. :teehee: only from "rain" on, the crowd started going really mad. i especially noticed during biotg, that was definitely the best crowd reaction to that song of any of the gigs i've been to. well, don't know about yesterday, as i was backstage during biotg - anyway, i would've expected more from the crowd for the first part of the show, but for the 2nd part it was fab. ;-)

then all those new little bits+pieces he has added... i think you know about the dragon, the tree, the rocket, and the opera intro for ggg - btw, he does the ggg dance with ida now, on a video i had seen (milan?) he had still done it with imma. then this bugsy malone thing we had been wonderng about, they play a bit of the music from bugsy malone (i think), and mika has a pistol with which he shoots himself and out of the pistol comes a miniature version of the huge billy brown flag. hadn't been able to recognize that in the videos before. ;-) well, and that mary poppins suitcase is really funny, it starts with the BG intro which you might've seen in a video, a knocking sound and the BG shouting out of the suitcase "hey there skinny boy! can i have a diet coke and a pizza please? i'm starving!" :roftl: and then pizza boxes and empty coke bottles fly out of the suitcase, and BG lets out a huge burp. then before dr john mika first pulls out a flower vase (i think... couldn't see it properly...) and looks a bit bewildered then the i see you umbrella (for later), and then the dr john coat, which is a lot longer now. before any other world, there is a sound like a thunderstorm and white paper comes flying out of the suitcase... not sure what that's supposed to be... snow? hail? leaves? :dunno: but looks cool anyway. ;-p and during the song there are moving light points on the platform that look like those paper bits, so it looks like the paper bits are moving. i love all those little details! :wub2:

then, about this shooting bit during love today (where mika shoots all his band, the crowd and himself)... i still can't really understand how someone can have so much fun doing this, but you can see that it definitely is fun for mika. :naughty:anyway, it's not as bad as i thought, as mika does it in a somewhat childlike way, so he can get away with it. it really feels like he is a little boy who is playing cowboy with his friends - i'll never be able to understand what fascination boys have with weapons, but graciosa (who has a son) told me that this is just what boys do (at a certain age), turn everything into a weapon. oh well, our big child there on stage, lol! :roftl:

from the videos i thought i wouldn't like the choreographed bits of the show, but when seeing it live, i quite like it - it's not too much, so it's ok.

anyway, i had a fab time, and can't wait for amsterdam! :biggrin2: btw, i asked anna yesterday, and she said ida will be in amsterdam too. ;-) so i guess she'll be there at least til the end of the arena tour... and then in amsterdam or luxemburg we can ask again, about prague etc. ;-p

I agree, the 2nd show was better, he was more relaxed and enjoyed more, at least it looked like that, and I loved 2nd show more. But first one was really good one, I'm sure for people who goes his gigs only rarely it was 100% fantastic show. For me Lyon was the best French gig, but you know how it is, it was the first time I saw the new show and it's always special :wub2:

And about weapons... YES!! He is like a little kid. I have three boys and I refuse to buy toy weapons to them, and what do they do? They make weapons using wood, or cardboard, or BREAD (yes, at breakfast table :aah:). And Mika. He he is having a time of his life killing his band on stage :lmfao: And he is like an innocent child after that. Of course it's a joke, and when Mika does it it's quite cute :teehee:

Here are my video's:

I love Toy Boy :wub2:

I still get goosebumbs from Any Other World and I love I See You :wub2:

Over My Shoulder was a song I didn't really like, but hearing him sing it live...wow.

The whole show was amazing :mf_lustslow:

I love it to see the band dance :roftl:

I agree, the 2nd show was better, he was more relaxed and enjoyed more, at least it looked like that, and I loved 2nd show more. But first one was really good one, I'm sure for people who goes his gigs only rarely it was 100% fantastic show. For me Lyon was the best French gig, but you know how it is, it was the first time I saw the new show and it's always special :wub2:

And about weapons... YES!! He is like a little kid. I have three boys and I refuse to buy toy weapons to them, and what do they do? They make weapons using wood, or cardboard, or BREAD (yes, at breakfast table :aah:). And Mika. He he is having a time of his life killing his band on stage :lmfao: And he is like an innocent child after that. Of course it's a joke, and when Mika does it it's quite cute :teehee:

haha my boys do it too everyday i find wooden weapens in my garden or they make them from lego etc:roftl:

Here are my video's:

I love Toy Boy :wub2:

I still get goosebumbs from Any Other World and I love I See You :wub2:

Over My Shoulder was a song I didn't really like, but hearing him sing it live...wow.

The whole show was amazing :mf_lustslow:

I love it to see the band dance :roftl:

Mmm...

Thank you very much for your vidéos! This gig was beautiful

dsc00415.jpg

This is one of my picture! Sorry for my english (I'm french)

and the is the queue :aah:

dsc00416.jpg

Love all the pics/vids/reports!

Mellody - thanks for all the little details! I SO wish I could see this particular show, but since I can't, living it through you guys is the next best thing. :wub2:

Nightbird - lovely report! Again, thanks for so many little details. Sounds like a fantastic time.

And Marly - Your pics and vids are stunning! :shocked: Thanks for sharing. :wub2:

I think it's time for me to do a report. I'm sure you've all read about every single detail of the new show so I'm not going to repeat everything. The only thing I wanna say it that no matter how many videos you've watched from that show and even if you think that you know what to expect you are going to be absolutely amazed when you see it live. It's not just a big production or one of those concerts that claim they have a "spectacular" set. I dont know how to describe it, it's like literally entering the world of the songs:wub2:

Everyone was singing all the time. Mika turned the microphone to the audience in order to hear everyone singing even during I see you, which I dont remember happening in any of the previous gigs. At many points during the gig you could see how happy and touched he was by the audience's reaction:wub2: He had that look on his face similar to the one after singing GK in French at the PDP dvd...really sweet.

I enjoyed being at this gig so much even though I wasnt fron row. Paris gigs are always special:wub2:

The programme was also a great surprise. It's such a cool photo album with artwork and pics that show how the concert was made. I'm really happy that quite a few pages feature art and pics of Toy Boy, it's still my most favorite part of the gig:wub2:

The fact that they were giving free coca cola happiness bottles outside of the venue after the gig was fab too:biggrin2:

I think it's time for me to do a report. I'm sure you've all read about every single detail of the new show so I'm not going to repeat everything. The only thing I wanna say it that no matter how many videos you've watched from that show and even if you think that you know what to expect you are going to be absolutely amazed when you see it live. It's not just a big production or one of those concerts that claim they have a "spectacular" set. I dont know how to describe it, it's like literally entering the world of the songs:wub2:

that's so true. you really are transported into this whole other world (a world that feels more like home to me than the real one)...You're on board for this wonderful fascinating trip passing landscapes sculpted by Mika & co. (sorry, I just get all lyrical thinking back on it!) :teehee:

Hello everybody,

Thanks for your nice reports and pictures !

Sorry for not coming earlier, my husband would not let me take the computer (he not very happy because of Mika's gigs)

I won't make any report, eveything has been said, just a few pictures pre gig...and post gigs

My pics from Mika are not really good, he's moving all the time...

Tiibet : gosh you have wonderful pictures

It is a pity we could not have talked together longer but we were number 82 and 83 with Macboll and had to queue in right order...

Marly : wonderful pictures that you have too !

Mine are worse quality, my camera is not really good at night

Melman92 : so you were the bride I was wondering who this girl was !

You did a really great job, I would have been much impressed !

I don't have any pics from you because my camera's card was full up from that moment (I was supposed to take pics of some friends who were BG moreover ...)

Mellody : for the wave before gig, that is how the gigs usually go in France :biggrin2:

Have you noticed we have a celebrity here on MFC (Lillibet), she was the first one doing a flash mob on the Black Eyed Peas in the seating area and mostly all Bercy has followed her ?

We have followed here too in standing area, first and second row...

It is a pity you did not want to have a drink with us we could have talked a bit "in english" of course :wink2: Next time maybe ?

Nightbird : seeing your avatar, I recognize you now ! Sorry I haven't dared talking to you because you were busy with Deb and Steph, next time maybe !

You have managed to get a pic from Mika and you, great ! Was it on the 27th ?

Concerning what everybody was saying about Mika's mood on the 26th, I can't compare, I was not there on the 27th.

However, I felt really all right on the 26th, he was very happy to be there and told it several times "in french", maybe you did not get that ?

He was so astonished to be in such a mythic venue, the venue of "his childhood" he told us and has thanked all the fans who came to the Trabendo, the Olympia and the Parc des Princes in France.

He also told us he had a couple of friends seating in the venue which whom he's written "Over my shoulder" and told them "hey look I am singing it right now in Bercy"

Eventually, for me it was a great gig (my 6th one) and I regret not to have seen him on the 27th

Here are the pictures I have with some MFCers before the gig :

mikabercy26042010006.jpg

Kanni (from Germany), Macboll, Sweetieval (me)

mikabercy26042010022.jpg

Graciosa and Kanni (both from Germany)

mikabercy26042010023.jpg

Make up time

mikabercy26042010024.jpg

To much sun

mikabercy26042010027.jpg

Macboll and me, thanks again to Kanni for make up !

mikabercy26042010028.jpg

John, always on the phone

mikabercy26042010029.jpg

Deblau, Ighins, Macboll, Lululitalienne, Mélie, Séverine (most of them on Mikawebsite)

mikabercy26042010030.jpg

Macboll, Pinkcell29, Julie, Sweetieval (me), the "northern girls", I mean north of France

mikabercy26042010047.jpg

Lllibet (firts row white t shirt) on fire !

mikabercy26042010144.jpg

After gig between fans

Edited by Sweetieval

Nightbird : seeing your avatar, I recognize you now ! Sorry I haven't dared talking to you because you were busy with Deb and Steph, next time maybe !

You have managed to get a pic from Mika and you, great ! Was it on the 27th ?

Oh HI! I recognize you now too :bye: A pity that we didn't get talking to each other - next time we really have to!!! :biggrin2:

My avatar pic is from Hamburg. Me and my friend PinkTequila were BGs and luckily had a very nice M&G afterwards with individual pics as we were only 6 BGs/LGs at this small venue :wub2:

mikabercy26042010028.jpg

John, always on the phone

"Ring Ring John!" :wub2: LOVE LOVE this pic! :thumb_yello::roftl:

Oh HI! I recognize you now too :bye: A pity that we didn't get talking to each other - next time we really have to!!! :biggrin2:

My avatar pic is from Hamburg. Me and my friend PinkTequila were BGs and luckily had a very nice M&G afterwards with individual pics as we were only 6 BGs/LGs at this small venue :wub2:

Thanks for answering !

Yes, next time we have to ! My next gig is in Liévin on tuesday, I will post some pics if possible...

"Ring Ring John!" :wub2: LOVE LOVE this pic! :thumb_yello::roftl:

I love taking pictures or movies from John , I even asked him to give me a word for Lillibet who is fond of him, the video is available on my FB account.

I give you my name by PM if you want to be in my FB friends and see it...

You will also be able to see all my pics :wink2:

Here are two beautiful vids posted by YT user Gemma2a.

Excellent visual & audio.

Rain:

Any Other World:

I am really enjoying all the vids taken from different areas of the huge & crowded venues

I'm not watching a single video before I go to Amsterdam ... I'm staying strong :aah:

here are my vids from this show - didn't film as much as usual, and it's not the complete songs, because it was the first time i've watched the new show and i was just stunned and trying to see and notice and memorize it all, and film and take pix and dance all at the same time - i just never could decide which of those things to do! :lmfao:

good gone girl:

over my shoulder:

nightmare scene (before rain):

biotg:

band introduction:

funeral march:

shooting scene during LT:

part of WAG:

(sorry for all the shaking in this, tried to film the crowd as well and couldn't stand still :blush-anim-cl:)

bits+pieces (crowd, trumpet solo, bits of AOW, TY, HE, talk before TB):

off to bed now, pix will follow tomorrow. :wink2: