REPORTS/VIDEOS/PICTURES: Mika in Lievin 4 May 2010

Christine

Hi everybody! I was at the gig yesterday, first one for me! It was amazing!! At the moment I can't even realise it happened! I thought I would be sad it's over after all this wait but on the contrary I'm much happier than usual. I got a number, thanks to everybody about that, I had a very low one but as was said I think everybody got mixed and I was 2nd row right in the middle while higher numbers as I've just read were on the side. I don't know how it happened, suddenly I realised I had an ideal spot without even really trying to.. I have some pics and vids, I need to take some time to upload them and then I'll share. Maybe later I'll write a detailed report, but at the moment all I can say is WOW! Incredible show. It was quite emotional for Mika too I think, or maybe it's often like that but it looked like he was about to cry sometimes.. Anyone who was there agree with me? (I'm thinking especially of Happy Ending)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everybody! I was at the gig yesterday, first one for me! It was amazing!! At the moment I can't even realise it happened! )

Was it your first gig? I never realised from your posts that you haven't been to a gig yet.. anyway, glad you had such a great experience :thumb_yello:

It was quite emotional for Mika too I think, or maybe it's often like that but it looked like he was about to cry sometimes.. Anyone who was there agree with me? (I'm thinking especially of Happy Ending)

:shocked:Really? That surprises me. Did anyone else feel the same? I never realised Mika showing his own private emotions at certain gigs more than at others, except for being more annoyed, nervous or tired at certain gigs...

I got a number, thanks to everybody about that, I had a very low one but as was said I think everybody got mixed and I was 2nd row right in the middle while higher numbers as I've just read were on the side.
I can confirm I was nr16 and was next to a lady who was nr 60 or 63 :sneaky2: and some people who were around number 30 were just in front of the stage, at the best spot! :shocked:

Concerning the queue mix up, I am afraid you always need to calculate with that. In 1 case out of 50 security completely messes it up. :sad:

Similar thing happened at the first London gig this year. Everyone entered the building by number way before the others but at the second door inside, fans all got mixed, so with my No15 or so I was standing next to No.90+ ... I didn't mind it as I still had a front row place further down and had a great time with the fans around but some people didn't take it that easy.

The most you can do is keep repeating the idea of the numbered queue to security inside as well and remind fans in the queue to be fair and not to mix up the order - and that's exactly what we did later on at some other gigs in Feb-March.

Edited by suzie

. It was quite emotional for Mika too I think, or maybe it's often like that but it looked like he was about to cry sometimes.. Anyone who was there agree with me? (I'm thinking especially of Happy Ending)

he seems to be touched , it's true:wub2:

he had a big smile , like childrens...

i found a vid on YOUTUBe posted by catnicols

Edited by pinkcell29

Droops, your pics are A-MA-ZING! :biggrin2:

Just got home (after Lievin & Antwerp)... not up to writing a full report :aah:

But I've filmed everything so hopefully the videos will tell enough :aah:

The Q was something special .. having number 8 and ending up at the second row wasn't quite what I expected ... But with some help from Katrien I ended up at the first row after all (probably making some people mad but I couldn't care less at that moment :blush-anim-cl: ) so it was all good :teehee:

Hi everybody !

Thanks Droopsy for your great pictures, they are really good !

It is apity you had been split up with your friends Bienie and Katrin, you were there before everybody.

Personnaly, I was nb 20 and 3rd row, but the 2 girls before me were my friends and I was taller than them so : no problem !

I had a quick glance at you Bienie, glad you have managed to come front row !

So, it is pointless to talk again about the misunderstanding of some people who are not aware about that "number system" and want to pass before everybody although they arrive at 16h PM ...

I just wanted to point out that it is starting to be dangerous for Mrs P. to be so near the crowd when choosing people for BG and LG.

People who did not know at all why she was there have started to take some pics of her when they have heard that she was Mika's mum.

Personnaly, I wanted to try to be a BG with my friends Macboll (for LP) and Angele, Yas and Pinkcell.

Although we were the first ones to arrive near Mrs P; , she gave us a smile, but, when we have seen the scene and Mrs P. started to shout on those impolite people, we have decided to go back in the queue, no need to be mixed up with that sort of people who don't know the "Mika's machine"

Fortunately, it was worthy to stay and enjoy the show nearly front row with my 1,80 m

Mika was really stressless and very happy to finish his tour in the north of France where he has started his tour 2 years ago (zénith de Lille).

He was very full of emotions, I also thought he would start crying, I promise !

I had preferred that show than the first one in Bercy, this one was more "emotional" and I have been able to see what I had missed in Bercy.

Moreover, Mika gave us a "Meet and Greet" after, that was very nice from him. I had missed that moment in 1st Bercy.

Personnaly I have asked him to sign my place for the Parc des Princes show and he said "Parc des princes ?" smiling, I answered "yes, I have been waiting for that moment for 2 years now" and Mika was nearly laughing :teehee:

After, I asked him to sign my place for Liévin too and, ten meters further, I have asked him to sign my place for Bercy : good challenge for me !

I was happy to see my friends giving him some presents and talking a bit to him, he is always such an angel with his fans.

When he went into his car I shouted "Come back soon to France" and I saw him smiling, again :biggrin2:

Well, time for pictures now :

mikalivinmai2010003.jpg

Me, Macboll and Mine waiting in a no man's land in the morning...

It was really, really cold, even at the end of the afternoon :

mikalivinmai2010012.jpg

Mikabéa, he friend Sonia, Macboll, Pinkcell

mikalivinmai2010014.jpg

Macboll, Pinkcell and me with our nice glitter make up just before the gig

And the best, eventually, Mika :

mikalivinmai2010028.jpg

mikalivinmai2010051.jpg

mikalivinmai2010044.jpg

mikalivinmai2010052.jpg

mikalivinmai2010054.jpg

mikalivinmai2010062.jpg

mikalivinmai2010066.jpg

Edited by Sweetieval

Suite and end :

mikalivinmai2010068.jpg

mikalivinmai2010076.jpg

mikalivinmai2010089.jpg

Angel, wonderful Big Girl:

mikalivinmai2010094.jpg

mikalivinmai2010093.jpg

mikalivinmai2010097.jpg

Next to david, lucky you, Angel :thumb_yello:

mikalivinmai2010098.jpg

Waiting in the dark, cold and dry:

mikalivinmai2010104.jpg

Mika is smiling to Macboll :

mikalivinmai2010110.jpg

End of dream !

Edited by Sweetieval

Aaaw, thanks :wub2:

I hope we really didn't make anyone mad :blush-anim-cl: because later on I saw that someone from the middle had moved back to the second row so that's why it suddenly was so easy to stand there ... It wasn't my intention to push anyone away, I just tried to be on that front row, I really wanted that since I (we) was (were) waiting there since 9 AM wich wasn't very easy with the weather it was .. :aah: And then ending up on the second row and see people that arrived waaaaaaaaaaaay after you on that first row, it wasn't a great feeling :teehee:

I like your pics! :biggrin2:

Here's a little video of the first part of the intro .. The other videos will follow as soon as possible :wink2: (I haven't seen them myself yet btw, so I have no idea how it looks like :roftl:)

Thanks for your video Bienie !

The girl who went suddenly second row was a friend of mine and she apologized because suddenly I had to move from the 2nd to the 3rd row because of her.

But it was not a problem for me, I am tall as you surely have noticed.

We were really embarrassed because there was a very little girl next to us (6 or 7 years) but we did not want to be sent back behind :blink:, this girl has stayed 2nd row and I think she could see Mika when he was in front of us... I hope :blush-anim-cl:

For YT, I can't put any videos I have a trouble with my account, should somebody who was at the gig wanting to see my vids, PM me please.

Oh ok, but still sorry, I had no idea someone had moved back untill the show started or somewhere around that time :blush-anim-cl:

And those kids, seriously, you shouldn't feel sorry for them, if I was that rude at that age my mum would slap me in front of everyone I think :aah: They were really pushy and at some point one of them just said (not in english so it's translated free but you get the point I think): "can you please move so I can stand there?"

I wouldn't even dare to say something like that at that age :teehee: (I wasn't going to gigs either at that age, I've been once when I was 12 but then with my mum and we were sitting down, wich is a normal thing to do in my opinion).

he seems to be touched , it's true:wub2:

he had a big smile , like childrens...

i found a vid on YOUTUBe posted by catnicols

Wow!

Thanks for posting Catnicols' vid Pinkcell29!:thumb_yello:

Mika seems to be really emotional.

That is a vid well worth seeing.

thanks for the pics, reports and videos:biggrin2:

The gig was great!

I just add a link of a french article

http://www.nordeclair.fr/Loisirs/Musique/sorties_disques_-_rencontres/2010/05/05/mika-euphorique-exaltation.shtml

and a link of a gallery of pics (same journal)

http://photos.nordeclair.fr/main.php?g2_itemId=35596

thanks for the pics, reports and videos:biggrin2:

The gig was great!

I just add a link of a french article

http://www.nordeclair.fr/Loisirs/Musique/sorties_disques_-_rencontres/2010/05/05/mika-euphorique-exaltation.shtml

and a link of a gallery of pics (same journal)

http://photos.nordeclair.fr/main.php?g2_itemId=35596

I guess you havent checked the 1st and 2nd page :teehee:

*subscribes*

Droopsy ... why did you not get a good spot then if you were number 7 in the queue ... did the queue not work this time :blink::huglove::flowers2:

I was wondering the same thing :sneaky2:.

Btw, great pics!!!

That's how it goes I guess. They had let the people in different Q's in earlier than the Q I was in. I was really really in a bad mood. I had been Q'ing all day in that freakin' awful weather! The wind was just cutting through me, my hands were blue and then you end up at the side of the stage :dunno: But for me the worst part was, that I was standing with people I didn't know at all. Not one of the people I had met in our Q of 100 people! And this ANNOYING GUY!!! that had no number, and who was leaning over the barrier so I couldn't see what happened at the center at all. So I was just standing there a bit awkward, also because I can't speak french 'cause otherwise I would have just started talking to someone. But luckily after a few minutes I saw that lyli was a bit further from me, and she asked the woman next to me if she wanted to change places and that was okay, so I felt a bit more at ease then.

And well in the end, I was standing with iMMa & Jimmy so it's not bad you know :wink2: Wouldn't have gotten the drum stick if I was in the middle :wink2:

Am going to look at my pics now, I just randomly picked some that night :aah:

it was my 2nd gig of this tour , and the last unfortunately

but it was magical.:wub2:

I was second row, behind macboll and next to Sweetival and some friends from MWS.

Mika was very happy to be here , he said how much he loved the gigs in France, specially in the north because he was rehearsal in Lille for his first tour in 2007.

@droopsy: so sad you wasn't with your friends, it's really fun to be with "mes mika-copines"(my Mika-friends)

see you in belgium next time!

IMGP1081.jpg

IMGP1151.jpg

Sanstitre.jpg

IMGP1162.jpg

Here's my report (at last)

I arrived in Liévin with Sweetieval, Mikabéa and her friend Sonia (who's not registred but who's a fan now :naughty:) and Angele and her 2 friends at 9.50.

We were happy to find out that the majority of the gig goers were sensible people who preferred to stay in their warm and cosy homes :biggrin2:... we got nr 16 to 23! The weather was cold, cloudy, windy :annoyed_h4h: so we knew it would be a long day.

Apart from the problem with the 5 doors open at the same time meaning that a good position in the queue was no guaranty of a good spot, and the weather conditions, it was a really good day, spent chatting with Droopsy, Katrien and Bienie (a bit), Mine and Sabrina (a lot) and the girls I already knew from the MikaWebSite or MFC :wink2:.

I managed to be front row, near the centre of the stage thanks to Lulu and Pinkcell. I was just in front of David and his keyboard. Our group painted "Blame it on Mika" on white t-shirts for this gig so we were told the rest of the audience saw us several times on the screens :biggrin2: The show was great and I could see many details I didn't notice at Bercy. Ida's dresses were beautiful, Imma was energic and having fun, David was brought to the front of the stage to be introduced to the audience (he had problems with his keyboard during the gig), Martin and Jimmy were energic too, telling the audience to clasp hands or jump, and Cherisse was the last one to be introduced (Mika pretented to forget her as usual :naughty:). Mika was wonderful and seemed moved when the audience sang along with him "Happy Ending". He perfectly and beautifully sang "Over my shoulder". When he played the trumpet, he told us in French about Martin, David and Jimmy that two of them were morons and one of them was a b..tard :aah:

He added that they didn't speak French!

We were lucky (and rewarded in a way for our patience to cope with the bad weather) to get a M&G after the gig. I could talk a bit with Mika :wub2: for the first time. As you can see on Sweetieval's photo, he smiled at me a couple of times :fangurl: He signed my LICM book.

Edited by macboll

@macboll - loved your report..:biggrin2:

When he played the trumpet, he told us in French about Martin, David and Jimmy that two of them were morons and one of them was a b..tard :aah:

He added that they didn't speak French!

:lmfao:

I hope we really didn't make anyone mad :blush-anim-cl: because later on I saw that someone from the middle had moved back to the second row so that's why it suddenly was so easy to stand there ... It wasn't my intention to push anyone away, I just tried to be on that front row, I really wanted that since I (we) was (were) waiting there since 9 AM wich wasn't very easy with the weather it was .. :aah: And then ending up on the second row and see people that arrived waaaaaaaaaaaay after you on that first row, it wasn't a great feeling :teehee:

I was that person!

But don't worry I am not mad at all :wink2:! I was number 13. Like you we arrived early with Mélie(at 9.30 am), I totally understand your reaction, I think that I would do the same. When we came into the venue, we managed to be front row just in front of the piano, next to me the girl had the number 64 :shocked:! Macboll, sweetival and pinckcell where juste behind me and then we saw you and your friend arriving so late :boxed:! It was unfair, you seemed very desapointed so I tried to move to the right to late you be on the first row, I also tried to late macboll be on the front too, but finally helping fans, I found myself on the second row :blink:, (and also because one second row girl on the right tried to be on the front! :sneaky2:)

I admit that first I was angry! But when Mika came on stage I forgot all :wub2:!! I enjoyed the show, my view was excellent and I forgot my second row! :thumb_yello:

First It seems unfair, but i understood after almost 3 years of mika's concert, that we have to deal with hazards in the queues :wink2: