The revival of Mika's secret society!

IngievV

True, first off we need to get Mika's/Team M's permission before we go through with it. Printing the flyers professionally isn't that expensive. I found a site who prints 625 flyers for 21 euros, which is not a lot at all.

So first off we need the permission, then we'll bother with legal actions.

perfect. :thumb_yello:

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:

True, first off we need to get Mika's/Team M's permission before we go through with it. Printing the flyers professionally isn't that expensive. I found a site who prints 625 flyers for 21 euros, which is not a lot at all.

So first off we need the permission, then we'll bother with legal actions.

that´s the right way. MFC knows how to do things!!!!

i really love the idea,i think it´s worth the effort. and Mika deserves it... but i´m only wondering... if "now" is the perfect moment to do that... i mean... his second album was released time ago,now he´s on tour and he will hide for perhaps two years after that... so i wonder if it wouldn´t be better to start the real promotion when he releases the third album. so his own promotion,and our promotion can work together... his on radio,tv as ever,and we at the streets,local radios etc... just an idea... i talk for what i see in my country (spain)... lots of fans in forums when mika was in Madrid and Barcelona,but no one talking about Mika now. it seems as if he has dissappear... no news in press or tv... neither radio... even if we give flyers to many people they won´t find anything about Mika in any tv-radio show... only in internet...

oh btw,not all Mika-fans know the MFC... LOTS OF THEM IN MADRID WERE LIKE "hey,really?? is there an offcial club??" and me was like::shocked:"where in the earth do you live?" so,please,put the MFC link in the flyers....:biggrin2:

my english sucks,i hope you can understand me....:teehee:

that´s the right way. MFC knows how to do things!!!!

i really love the idea,i think it´s worth the effort. and Mika deserves it... but i´m only wondering... if "now" is the perfect moment to do that... i mean... his second album was released time ago,now he´s on tour and he will hide for perhaps two years after that... so i wonder if it wouldn´t be better to start the real promotion when he releases the third album. so his own promotion,and our promotion can work together... his on radio,tv as ever,and we at the streets,local radios etc... just an idea... i talk for what i see in my country (spain)... lots of fans in forums when mika was in Madrid and Barcelona,but no one talking about Mika now. it seems as if he has dissappear... no news in press or tv... neither radio... even if we give flyers to many people they won´t find anything about Mika in any tv-radio show... only in internet...

oh btw,not all Mika-fans know the MFC... LOTS OF THEM IN MADRID WERE LIKE "hey,really?? is there an offcial club??" and me was like::shocked:"where in the earth do you live?" so,please,put the MFC link in the flyers....:biggrin2:

my english sucks,i hope you can understand me....:teehee:

I understand you and I agree, but I suppose he will do an ep in between. I feel it. Besides, organising something like this and getting settled takes a lot of time, so it's better to start getting ready now then to wait and feel sorry.

I understand you and I agree, but I suppose he will do an ep in between. I feel it. Besides, organising something like this and getting settled takes a lot of time, so it's better to start getting ready now then to wait and feel sorry.

of course,totally agree!! we can manage everything. we can have flyers ready and then share them out when you think it´s time. it would be great to have the same pic or draw to share via e-mail,facebook,tuenti or whatever... i mean,the same for all people who wants to help us... (damn english,i know what i want to say but i don´t know how to do it in this language)

perhap it´s better for me to shut up and let you all decide this stuff. i know how you all work and i love it. so,everything you decide will be the best.

i´ll do my best when you need me.

yes, that... and then it depends on the country. in europe the tour is over now, but in japan and eastern europe it just starts. plus, it would be a good thing to get those on mfc who go to the european festivals and enjoy mika's performance there, so they can keep updated about whatever mika will be doing in the future. maybe he'll even release another single from tbwktm, who knows?

yes, that... and then it depends on the country. in europe the tour is over now, but in japan and eastern europe it just starts. plus, it would be a good thing to get those on mfc who go to the european festivals and enjoy mika's performance there, so they can keep updated about whatever mika will be doing in the future. maybe he'll even release another single from tbwktm, who knows?

That's so true. And there are several country related things to keep in mind. Like flyers. We don't use them in Finland, at least not often. People are just not interested, they might be even annoyed. And Mika is really not very well known here. It would important to see him in magazines and papers. They do play him on a couple of radio stations and I frequently hear Blue Eyes at my local shopping mall :biggrin2:

He was very well promoted when the Helsinki gig was announced. I wonder who did it. His record company? The venue? Or is it always his tour team, even if it's local promoting? I'm just interested, because it was unusual and I was happy to see it.

He was very well promoted when the Helsinki gig was announced. I wonder who did it. His record company? The venue? Or is it always his tour team, even if it's local promoting? I'm just interested, because it was unusual and I was happy to see it.

from what i know, it's usually the local record company that's responsible for the promotion in a certain country... they often work together with promotion agencies though, or freelance promoters. :wink2:

yes, that... and then it depends on the country. in europe the tour is over now, but in japan and eastern europe it just starts.

good point..

no gig / festival in Hungary this summer but I am happy to continue with some online PR and spread the word amongst Hungarians at gigs in neughbouring countries.

Count me in, Ingie:wink2:

from what i know, it's usually the local record company that's responsible for the promotion in a certain country... they often work together with promotion agencies though, or freelance promoters. :wink2:

It might have been his local record company, and it was very well done, two days he was everywhere! It was so cute, because many of my friends (who are not usually interested in him) sent me messages/links to make sure I knew about it :wub2:

His local record company told earlier that he is an important artist to them and they are doing their best... The problem is that the local press is not so interested. I think it will be different this year, because he is now coming to Finland.

I think in Romania people discover Mika via the internet .

He is rarely played on the radios these days.

I know a local radio station where they keep playing only 'Happy Ending'

But I did some promo for him online though .

Add me Ingie

I want to join with basicamenteyo for Spain. :thumb_yello:

Every evening I listen a national radio, they are in contact with their audience by facebook if I ask them to play a song they usually do it, someday I have given them news about Mika and they have said later so they are really nice about that!

I know isn't too much but everything counts and we can do too much for letting the people know about Mika!

It might have been his local record company, and it was very well done, two days he was everywhere! It was so cute, because many of my friends (who are not usually interested in him) sent me messages/links to make sure I knew about it :wub2:

His local record company told earlier that he is an important artist to them and they are doing their best... The problem is that the local press is not so interested. I think it will be different this year, because he is now coming to Finland.

yeah, promo depends on both, promoter AND media. promotion in its real sense, as opposed to marketing, is something you don't spend money on. if you run an ad on tv/radio/newspaper, you pay for it, and the media has it in their program. but promotion means, the promoter sends out free info, press releases, cds, video material... and the media decides whether they want to use it.

i hope for you that mika gets a lot of good press in finland when he's doing his concert there, so he'll become more popular there and come back to visit you soon. :wink2:

of course,totally agree!! we can manage everything. we can have flyers ready and then share them out when you think it´s time. it would be great to have the same pic or draw to share via e-mail,facebook,tuenti or whatever... i mean,the same for all people who wants to help us... (damn english,i know what i want to say but i don´t know how to do it in this language)

perhap it´s better for me to shut up and let you all decide this stuff. i know how you all work and i love it. so,everything you decide will be the best.

i´ll do my best when you need me.

Even if you don't know the right words to say, don't hesitate to speak up, the more ideas the better and every input is important!

Right so I'll promote on the Isle of Wight! What do we actually do? Do we make and hand out leaflets and stuff!? :blink:

As we mentioned before, first we need to go from Mika/Team M before we're even allowed to use his name/picture or artwork. Then we'll get flyers printed, not at home though, we don't want to come off cheap:naughty:

Ingie you are just an organization queen!:naughty::wub2:

Ha, I'm just always full of ideas:roftl:

For example, the Global Dance Event could be done every year when Mika's around, and the earlier we start it the better it can be. Oooh I see so many possibilities:biggrin2:

It seems interesting...

Who is the author of it?

Oh it's a Dutch book, I got it for my graduation after I decided to study media which I could keep up with for 2 whole months:aah: