The revival of Mika's secret society!

IngievV

tbh, i don't think it makes a big difference to the radio stations whether it's one mika fan or 100 who want to hear the song... of course fans want to hear songs of their fave artist. but radio stations have to serve the general public, not a bunch of fans. and then, we can't guarantee a certain amount of local listeners to the radio stations - and it makes no sense for a radio station in, say, ecuador, if someone from germany listens to them, and vice versa. i still think it's better if people send individual messages to radio stations, instead of mfc sending a message - this wouldn't make any difference. it could as well be mika calling the radio station, saying "please play my music, i have 2 million fans worldwide who bought my album" - and that's probably what the record company promoters tell the radio stations anyway - and it still doesn't help. :dunno:

in the end, every radio station decides for themselves whether they want to play mika or not, no matter how many fans write to them. the only way how we can really force them to play his music, is to try and boost the sales of the single. if a song is in the top 20 or even top 10, the radio stations have no choice but play it.

But this is where the Catch 22 situation arises, if radio stations don't play his records, people won't know he's got new material out there!

The radio stations input to promotion, is important to the record sales, as much as interviews and poster promo, and if people don't hear the songs on the radio, they are not likely to go out to buy them.

To me it's a cop out for radio stations saying they won't play the songs because they aren't in the charts, because they play many other artists records before they chart, even before the official release date, so why not Mikas?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will update the list later. Ofcourse we can already start the internet promotion thing, still trying to get Kick Ass to be played, but for the flyers etc. let's wait for Team M's reply.

Didn't he say he was gonna tour America and Australia at the end of the year? If so, we need to get those teams ready and running!

I will update the list later. Ofcourse we can already start the internet promotion thing, still trying to get Kick Ass to be played, but for the flyers etc. let's wait for Team M's reply.

yup, there's a lot of info & links in the kick ass support thread... while we're waiting for team mika's reply, that's what we all can do. :wink2:

and rose, i agree... but i just don't think we can make the radio stations play mika, if they don't want to. :sad: what we can do, of course, is tell them about mika's single, in case they don't know. and request it for request shows and listener charts. but we don't have any say in their playlists. what we CAN do though, is tell people about mika, so more know about his new music, and buy it, even if it's not played on the radio. if kick ass was played on all radio stations 5x a day, we wouldn't need to promote him. :rolls_eyes:

Didn't he say he was gonna tour America and Australia at the end of the year? If so, we need to get those teams ready and running!

I thought it was going to be beginning of Fall or the end of Fall:blink:

I'm ready to spring into action, just let me know when:naughty:

I was expecting some kind of creepy music:naughty:

AMAZING! include URUGUAY!!!!! :clap::clap:

I've met a couple of fans and we're a going to create THE URUGUAYAN MIKA FAN CLUB !!!!!!!!! :yay: it's already decided!! a lot of ideas coming up! (btw we're gonna call us 'The Mubbins' :lol3::wub2:)

soo definetly 'The Mubbins' want to take part in Mika's secret society!! :wink2:

Very secretive isn't it?:aah:

that´s what people like most!!!!!! sure lots of people want to know about that "secret" now!!! we should have a slogan to include in our avatars.... as lots of people do in twitter with little "mika" is their avatars... you know....

mwahahahah!!!!!!!

that´s what people like most!!!!!! sure lots of people want to know about that "secret" now!!! we should have a slogan to include in our avatars.... as lots of people do in twitter with little "mika" is their avatars... you know....

mwahahahah!!!!!!!

:teehee:

4kgue.jpg

just a quick one :aah:

:yay: great!!!

but.... too big.... no????

if we put that in our avatar.... that would be the only anyone can see!!!!!:aah:

wouldnt it be better in black??:mf_rosetinted:

its impossible to do it smaller :aah:

(im not good at these things)

I'd like to join. I've already turned the woman I work with into a fan, by lending her the PDP DVD and lending her the albums. She loves him now.

I'm not going to any festivals though, but can help out online etc. I'm already a member of @mikasarmy on twitter. I'm in the UK.

YES! this is awesome!

I always thought how cool it is that 30 Seconds To Mars (Jared Leto's band) has an army of fans that do promotion and are called Echelon. they are huuuuge and really get a lot of job done.

Mika deserves to have one too!

Count me in for Croatia! I don't think there are many true fans here (yet) but I've been inspiring a LOT of people lately to start listening to Mika and I post his songs and pictures whenever I can on my facebook and tumblr :teehee: and tell everyone about him and his concert I went to.

I'm also going to see him on Exit festival in serbia in july so I can do some promo over there! I'm going to invite some fans I got to know at his gig in Wiena to check this secret society :wink2: