• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

secretsociety.jpg

Oh yeah:mf_rosetinted:

Can we get that on a T-shirt? :shocked:

I'm totally in! This is kinda like google's secret agents only we aren't asking for people's phone numbers and people won't insist that you do it. Oh, the pressure! :aah: But seriously, this is a good idea. I just can't wait until people know who I'm talking about when I say his name. :thumb_yello:

i'd like to help aswell , at gigs i'm mostly a walking mika billboard anyway so why not :roftl:.for example i'd love to go into town wearing a dress inspired by one of his new songs and give flyers to people who are interested

Hello, I'm new here, but you can surely count me in for Lithuania. I think we don't have lots of fans, but i hope situation will change after 1th of August when Lithuania will see Mika performing :)

Yeah, print some flyers and hand them out!

Can we get that on a T-shirt? :shocked:

I'm totally in! This is kinda like google's secret agents only we aren't asking for people's phone numbers and people won't insist that you do it. Oh, the pressure! :aah: But seriously, this is a good idea. I just can't wait until people know who I'm talking about when I say his name. :thumb_yello:

Ofcourse we can:mf_rosetinted:

I've always said that about you :mf_rosetinted:

:teehee:

You're not the only one:mf_rosetinted:

i'd like to help aswell , at gigs i'm mostly a walking mika billboard anyway so why not :roftl:.for example i'd love to go into town wearing a dress inspired by one of his new songs and give flyers to people who are interested

Exactly! So you're in with the Dutch team?:biggrin2:

Ok, everyone who is applying, say which country you are in, so I can make da list of all lists!

:biggrin2:

Ofcourse we can:mf_rosetinted:

You're not the only one:mf_rosetinted:

Exactly! So you're in with the Dutch team?:biggrin2:

Ok, everyone who is applying, say which country you are in, so I can make da list of all lists!

yeahhhh

:biggrin2:

Ingie :wub2:

Yes, of course would love to join this :thumb_yello: But many of are already doing this? Without a name for it? And not so organized, I guess...

True...but to make it more efficient, we need to get organised!

MIKA'S SECRET SOCIETY

The Revival

Purpose:

To promote Mika in various ways, at gigs, promo events, festivals, via internet, flyers, posters etc. in a respectful way, making people aware of Mika's music and his act as a whole and trying to stimulate album and single sales and establishing an even wider fanbase.

How to do it?

The secret society will consist of teams, spread over each country. Bigger countries might have more teams. Every team will have a leader who is in charge of motivating the members, getting in touch with the right people when necessary and lead activities organised by the secret society. Every team will have it's own (Mika related) name so it's easy for everyone to recognise who is in which team and where they are from and what they are up to.

Promoting Mika on streets/gigs/festivals/other events

Getting word out on the street about Mika when something new around him happens, such as a new single/album etc. Ask people to listen to the music and hand out flyers/posters to attract people to for example mikasounds.com and letting them get to know Mika. There are still a lot of people not aware of who Mika is (Mika? Don't know him. Oh I know the song, but who is Mika?) That needs to change.

At gigs, a lot of interested people ask who is performing. Inform them, let them hear the music and perhaps if there are still tickets available, try to attract them to see the show that night.

At festivals a lot of bands are playing and possibly at the same time as Mika. Still it would be a great idea to get people to see Mika instead. Once they have seen him live, they might have enjoyed it so much they will check out more of his music and buy his album.

Promotion online

Online promotion is an essential thing for artists these days. Email blogs about what Mika's up to, request his songs at radio stations, get him trending topic on Twitter, tweet about him in general, place banners and ads on your sites/blogs, change layouts of your myspace (does anyone still even use that?), post videos on Facebook, Youtube, anything. Just spread the word. Once it becomes viral, we're good!

That's all I've got so far. Feel free to spill your genius ideas so we can create the handbook of the secret society:roftl:

Please add me to the Secret Society!!! Thx!

FWIW, we've mentioned that you were interested in doing this to

our contacts at Mika's management, so word may filter up to him about it before you see

him. They haven't given us any feedback about it yet,

but we'll certainly let you know if they do. :thumb_yello:

:biggrin2::thumb_yello:

From small acorns come large leafy oak trees

<my thoughts for the day>

well, that's where the problems start, otherwise i'd have been doing that long ago already! first, if you print mika's logo or face on a flyer, you need a permission from him/his team. second, if you wanna give out flyers, you need a permission from public authorities - it's like that in germany anyway - and i think you even have to pay a fee for that, as it means more work for the cleaning people, if people throw away the flyers (and there'll always be some who do). i'd happily take care of the public authorities thing though, and even pay the fee if it's not too much, if i had flyers that are officially approved by team mika. :thumb_yello:

next question then is, would they approve of flyers that are printed out at home, or would that look too cheap... after all, we don't want mika to be seen as a cheap discount product... :fisch:

well, that's where the problems start, otherwise i'd have been doing that long ago already! first, if you print mika's logo or face on a flyer, you need a permission from him/his team. second, if you wanna give out flyers, you need a permission from public authorities - it's like that in germany anyway - and i think you even have to pay a fee for that, as it means more work for the cleaning people, if people throw away the flyers (and there'll always be some who do). i'd happily take care of the public authorities thing though, and even pay the fee if it's not too much, if i had flyers that are officially approved by team mika. :thumb_yello:

next question then is, would they approve of flyers that are printed out at home, or would that look too cheap... after all, we don't want mika to be seen as a cheap discount product... :fisch:

Hmmm all good ideas and questions

i think in every contry there are many printer´s quite cheap... i remember here in Spain few months ago,black-white flyers were cheap,around 1€/80 flyers (more or less). good quality as they were printed in a press.... the more that you order the more cheap it is.

i wouldnt spread the word with home-made flyers.... people should think mika is a kid,not a pop star... i think this is a really good idea and well managed it could be succesful.

hey!!! what about Spain???

can i help you??

Ofcourse you can!

Thanks 4 adding me to the list! (and it's one 6 instead if two: Zak110695)

Ah well the idea is there:mf_rosetinted:

True, first off we need to get Mika's/Team M's permission before we go through with it. Printing the flyers professionally isn't that expensive. I found a site who prints 625 flyers for 21 euros, which is not a lot at all.

So first off we need the permission, then we'll bother with legal actions.